Multiple email accounts #5

I am using Outlook 2000, and I have two Internet email
accounts. For every email I send I would like to be able
to select which account I send that email from (similar
to OE6). Is this possible?

a_daro (2)

should be an "accounts" button with a drop down box to
select whcih email account to send from
0
adoodney (1)
1/14/2004 1:37:10 AM
In Internet Mail Only mode, yes -- click the arrow next to the Send button
for a list of available accounts.  In Corporate/Workgroup mode, it's much
more difficult -- you'd need to put the account you want to send from at the
top of the list in Tools | Services, and if you have Exchange installed,
even rearranging the accounts probably won't help (Exchange tends to
"hijack" any outgoing messages in Outlook 2000).  If you're not sure which
mode your Outlook is configured in, check the second line of Help | About
Microsoft Outlook.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:05d401c3da34$99f8a670$a301280a@phx.gbl,
Aman wrote:

> I am using Outlook 2000, and I have two Internet email
> accounts. For every email I send I would like to be able
> to select which account I send that email from (similar
> to OE6). Is this possible?

Outside Email Not Received
When we went home on Monday, we turned off our server due to forecasted bad thunderstorms -- which were indeed as bad as they were predicted. This morning, I powered up the SBS2003 Server, with Exchange Server 2003 SP1 included - and we can get internal email, but not external email. I've looked in the logs, I see nothing there that says there are any backups. I've sent myself several emails, and haven't received any of them. What on earth could be happening? Please help before I personally strangle the one person this allegedly really matters to. Thanks! (I'll prob...

Maked email for deletion
I have Exhcnage 2003 in a Windows SBS 2003, also I have Norton Anitivrus for Exchange .. my problem is that Norton Maked the eamil for deletion but the users get the eamil before it is deleted with a TXT attachment message wiht the following text inside : "Small Business Server has removed potentially unsafe e-mail attachment(s) from this message: document_excel.pif Because computer viruses are commonly spread through files attached to e-mail messages, certain types of files will not be delivered to your mailbox. For more information, contact the person responsible for your network.&quo...

Cannot syncronize accounts in different currencies on my pocket
Hello, I often need to manage accounts in different base currencies but it seems that accounts different from base currency, do no appear on pocket pc 2005. I am using money 2005 on my desktop and recently downloaded pocket money 2005 to my ipaq. This seems to be a serious limitation. any suggestions? Thanks It is a (one of the) limitation of the pocket pc client. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://regi...

I can send but not receive emails in outlook
I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still access my incoming mail from there Do you receive any errors when trying to receive? "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1BA6E6F-2C25-460E-9F4F-8A6EB8C9CA96@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to >...

Modifying dialog for incoming emails
good morning from germany, how can i customize the dialog which tells me that i have some new incoming email, f.g. name of sende, date and time or some other email related infos. thx patric What version of Outlook? If Outlook 2003, you can customize the rules for displaying an alert from specified individuals. Tell us your version and more detailed information (and IF it can be done in your version) will be forthcoming. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Patric" <sokrates1973@aol.com> wrote in message ne...

MRM
Hello - we recently deployed MRM (Email Retention) ... basic settings are 60 days Inbox, 2 years "Managed Folders" ... items are moved to Deleted Items and then 30 days later, they are purged from Deleted Items (allow recovery). There's more, but doesn't matter for this discussion/question. When this was deployed, we found many users had tons of data (GB's) moved from Managed Folders to the Deleted Items folder (as expected, very old msgs). All of our clients run in Cached Mode, so when the users came in the first day after MRM implementation, it took hou...

Multiple Series Pie Charts
Is there a way to display multiple series pie charts in excel? Was thinking the Pie Charts could be displayed next to one another. Thanks, Chad Chad - Make a pie chart, not as a separate chart sheet, but located on a worksheet (a blank one, if you like). Make another and position it on the worksheet next to the first. Etc. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Chad BATES wrote: > Is there a way to display multiple series pie charts in > excel? Was thinking the Pie Charts could be displayed > next to...

Error while Archiving email
I am getting error while trying to archive email from Exchange Mailbox to archive file. Here is the error Error while archiving "Inbox" in store "Mailbox-<user name>". Unknown error I created new archive file and tried to archive I keep getting same error. I tried this from different workstation too. I am administrator on local machine and running Windows 2000 pro with SP4 and Office XP with SP3, my email is on Exchange 2000 server with SP3. Any help on this is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Dinesh ...

Retirement 403b account and budgeting
Hi, I'm trying to setup my budget and How I'm doing on my budget report to register my employer matching 403b account. I'm having 2 major problems with my account. 1) When I schedule a deposit into the cash transations of my 403b account, it doesn't show up on my budget planner as a scheduled payment as the others do. I have to enter it in manually. 2)I have to uncheck the "retirement account" option in the account details for the report to recognize my account in the report at all. It seems like something very strange is going on here. Is there a fix or a...

Removing attachments from multiple emails
Hi: I searched to get all emails with attachments that are from last year or older. Now I want to select them all and remove the attachments from all of them, but keep the messages. I can do this one email at a time by opening it up, right clicking and choosing "remove", but how do I do this for several emails at once? Is there something in Outlook that will allow me to do this or is there a third party tool? Thanks, Kayda There are many third-party tools to add this functionality to Outlook. = See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP...

printing multiple excel files from the directory
hi is there any way to print multiple xcel files from the directory instead of opening each file individually and then pressing control - p. i need to print about 100 excel files in a single directory. and is there a way to set default print settings so that the files all end up in landscape format, 1 sheet wide and as tall as necessary? this seems an obvious thing people would want to do, but i can't find an obvious solution. thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can do this by using Windows Explorer. Highlight all the files to print, right click and print....

Thank You #5
I would also like to thank Dick and Carl for their years of assistance to this newsgroup as well as the FAQ site. ...

Associated external Account #2
Dear all, Just got some of our exch2k users migrated to another org exch2k3. Found that associated external account rights which never seen before in 2k. Wish to know the purpose of this account and when is the best time to use it. Please help and thousand thanks. regards Granting Access to External Accounts http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/WorkingE2k3Store/8c4befe3-3815-4b6b-a759-1e5a2878499d.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Elton Seng Yan Thung" <sengy01@pd.jaring.my> wrote in message news:enFBAvpwFHA...

Forward multiple emails
I am trying to pull together several emails from multiple sources and forward them out with a new email cover letter. I am trying to avoid forwarding each email separately. I want the emails to arrive together with the new email giving a summary of each. Select all the messages and press Forward. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Hendrix" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3bbf01c48f9d$4aabd870$a301280a...

delivered email coming back undelivered
I am sending out email on using Msoft Outlook and it is getting to the recipient; however, I am getting email messages back from "System Administrator" that the email was undeliverable. Also when I would compose emails and got to my address book some of the folders were not available or seem to have changed locations. At the same time I was having problems opening up appointment windows in my Msoft Calendar program and getting a message that the folder could not be found. When I rebooted this went away. I have done a Norton virus scan but nothing came up. Any ideas? RickyG w...

Creating a new document from a multiple paged Excel document
Can I save only one page of an existing Excel multiple page document? If so, how? Thanks to anyone that can take the time to answer/instruct. Right-click the sheet tab that you want, and hit Move or Copy. Choose "Create a copy" and then, from the dropdown, choose "new book". **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBBDECC6-2432-41D4-99F2-C1EF10B1EC1F@microsoft.com... > Can I save only one page of...

Non responsive MTA on Exchange 5.5
Hello, I got the following problem: The MTA on an Exchange 5.5 box is for some reason not responding anylonger to a STOP service (probably due to a corrupted message in the queue). I want to have the least downtime possible and wanna run an MTACHECK asap. Two solutions available: -reboot the server (stopping the MTA doesn't work using the regular ways) -kill the MTA process using the KILL.EXE tool. It seems to me that killing the MTA process would be faster that having to restart the whole server. Moreover users can still access their mailboxes even though the MTA is running amok. ...

Receiveing the same email twice ??
when I receive some message the same message is downloaded twice or if the message is already in the inbox, it is downloaded for a second time. I am having this with outlook 2002 & 2003 on different PC's and when I use outlook express on both PC's, I dont get the proplem. Can anyone tell me how to stop this happening, Please, please, please. ...

5.6.3 error
We have a monitoring program sending us daily reports for all our servers. It's been running fine until we just hit a "magic" numbers of how many servers we monitor. The email sent is in xml format, including 3 .png images per server, so I guess we just passed 250 in total images, which are considered attachments. How can I up the number of allowed attachments in Exchange? Can't find this setting anywhere...! TIA!! / Per Wouldn't it be better to put that stuff up on a web page? I've never heard of such a limit; you must really be pushing the envelope. You...

duplicate emails?
I just switched my Outlook Express account to Hotmail and I seem to be getting 2 or duplicates of any emails that are sent to me. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Mark pajosenden(deletethis)@hotmail.com I have found that if I set my OE to NOT OPEN IN THE INBOX the duplication does not occur. You may want to go over to the following site and look further for a solution: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6f8f01c42fb5$2ba22850$a601280a@phx.gbl... I just switched my Outlook Expres...

Multiple e-mail account in MS Outlook 2003
I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send from all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any suggestions? Does each account use the same account properties? (e.g. same mailbox name, userid, and password.) "Crazy Squaw" <Crazy Squaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78F4A600-8A92-4011-8E4C-6094A77DEF4A@microsoft.com... >I have 4 e-mail accounts set up (all from the same server) and can send >from > all accounts but I only receive mail for the default account. Any > suggestions? ...

Unable to open Outlook XP Email
I began having problems when trying to open email with attachments in Outlook XP (running Windows XP Pro) about 3 weeks ago. When I try to open email with attachments, my PC will sometimes hang-up, requiring a reboot, even after which the email will not open (known safe source). The frequency of occurrence seems to be going up. Any help on how to fix this problem would be greatly apprecated. Thanks. Glenn Try it again with the virusscanner and virusscanner integration disabled. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Me...

Post department hours to unit accounts in General Ledger
I would like to see the hours that are allocated to departments in Payroll, also be posted to unit accounts in General Ledger. Currently we have to do this manually for doing analytical reporting on financial statements (Sales per man hour or SPH) by taking numbers off the payroll posting journals and then reentering them as a JE in General Ledger. Thank you. -- Douglas J Karel Pax vobiscum ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in t...

Unable to reply to received email
Help!! After setting up the services the test works fine sending and receiving. I can send email with no problem. When I try to reply to an email I get the following: 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <addres> to <address> for 170.215.92.219. Anyone give me help with this one? It all started after my computer went down during a power outage. I reloaded outlook, then because of other problems I relaoded XP. When I imported the data from my old files the problem was still there. Any help would be appreciated. Your ISP may require that you ...

how do i set up outlook using my existing internet email account?
I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:18:29 -0800, Clayton wrote: > I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was > previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. Ask your ISP. They should be able to talk you through. -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...