Multiple e-mail domains

I have a MS Exchange 2000 server with two e-mails
domains, I know that in Exchange you have to designate
one e-mail address(domain)as default for replying. My
question is: Is it possible to change the default domain
so you can reply through the domain of your choice
through Outlook?
0
anonymous (74722)

Yes, it's done in ADUC on the Exchange server. Or you might want to see
www.ivasoft.biz for an add-in that will let you pick the from address on the
fly.

Thane wrote:
> I have a MS Exchange 2000 server with two e-mails
> domains, I know that in Exchange you have to designate
> one e-mail address(domain)as default for replying. My
> question is: Is it possible to change the default domain
> so you can reply through the domain of your choice
> through Outlook?

0
lanwench (7567)

sending mail in Outlook #3
I am new to this program and am having a hard time figuring out how to send email from one account to the other. I just finished doing it with my ISP email account to a hotmail account and the hotmail account doesn't show it, just the ISP account shows it was sent. What is the problem? Also I keep getting a message sometime that Outlook is not connected to the server when I try to send/receive mail. I see that the Hotmail accounts are synchronizing? What does this mean? Maybe I haven't set up everything correctly, I don't know. Please help, I am very upset right now. Outloo...

Undeliverable Mail #3
Running Exchange 2003 on Win2K3 Server People who submit email to a non-valid address are not getting an "Undeliverable" message back to notify them. I have setup a copy to be sent to my administrator account and I do receive notification there, but the original sender (doesn't matter if it's an internet or external address) is not getting any notification. How can I resolve this? Thanks, Enrique On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:18:17 -0500, "Enrique" <enrique@avertinc.com> wrote: >Running Exchange 2003 on Win2K3 Server > >People who submit email to a no...

como usar outlook para enviar e receber imail
preciso saber como eu posso usar estê programa do Outlook para enviar e receber imail pois já tentei ñ consegui pois tenho imail já me cadastrei mesmo assim ñ consegui gostaria d ter esta facilidade de trabalhar com o outlook pois em todo lugar k vc esta aparece a mensagen de imail. Gostaria k me ajudace com simples respostas! Giba <Giba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > preciso saber como eu posso usar estê programa do Outlook para enviar > e receber > imail pois já tentei ñ consegui pois tenho imail já me cadastrei > mes...

Default Mail Handler
I accidentally made Outlook Express my default mail handler and now I can't use Outlook when I want to link to my email from outside links. It opens Outlook express instead. I've already changed Outlook to my default email client but can't change it back to the default email handler. I found the button in Express that enabled it but it doesn't allow me to disable it! Help! Maureen did you try Internet Explorer's tools, options, program tab? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual...

retrieving attachments from multiple email messages in one attempt from MS-Outlook 2007
If I have emails from Person 1, Person 2....Person 110 and each email has an attachment is there a way in Outlook 2007 to get download all the attachments from Person 1...Person 110 in one attempt in one folder instead of manually going to each email message and downloading them individually. g wrote: > If I have emails from Person 1, Person 2....Person 110 and each email > has an attachment is there a way in Outlook 2007 to get download all the > attachments from Person 1...Person 110 in one attempt in one folder > instead of manually going to each email message and down...

Tracking e-mail messages
I'm a little confused. (always... but today more than normal ... I think) I have setup a mail account. Done the rule delployment wizard. Noticed that messages are being sent as a copy to the CRM mailbox. When I create a message and ask it to be tracked in CRM.. the activity history etc shows the e-mail message correctly. Now I would have thought that any reply to that message would be automatically tracked on it's return to the generating mail box? A copy is created in the CRM mailbox but unless the reply is checked as "Track in CRM" it does nothing with it.. Are my...

Filter by Domain
Is there a way to create a Rule to automatically move all messages from a certain domain to a folder for mailbox maintenance purposes? The only thing I can seem to do with domains is block them completely or let them pass through to the Inbox. I tried using a wildcard as a Sent From (ie. *@domain.com) which did not kick out any errors, but when I run the rule none of the emails from the specified domain were sent to the folder specified in the rule. Any ideas? Thank you. Matt Hagen IT Helpdesk Technician mhagen@bielinski.com Matt Hagen <mhagen@bielinski.com> wrote: >...

Footer values on multiple worksheets
Is there any way of placing re-curring values in footers for workbooks with multiple sheets. For example a version number or project title. I do not want to maintain the value in each footer ...

HDI send e-mail to many without them see who else i have sent it too
How Do I send e-mail to many people with the same attachment and message, but without everyone else seeing who else I have sent it to I usually use "Bcc:" Blind Carbon Copy. However, when the recipients get their messages the recipient will see the following: From: (your email address) To: (undisclosed recipients@ or empty) They will never know to whom the emails were sent to, nor how many. Hope this helps! This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "andrew" <a_espinasse@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:06dd01c3d...

compact mail ??
Can this message not be cancelled to every time it appears after E-Mail usage. Distracts from allowing the usage of other features of the system ??? no. If you compact once, then it shouldn't bug you until 100 more closings of Winmail. steve "psmithatrbc11" <psmithatrbc11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:979AF519-7BD4-4428-BA9E-B6FEBAC08A69@microsoft.com... > Can this message not be cancelled to every time it appears after E-Mail > usage. Distracts from allowing the usage of other features of the system > ??? Why won'...

Import/publish customizations programmatically (for picklist updating, e.g.)?
While you can query picklist values with CRMCustomization's RetrievePicklist method, there is no corresponding "setter" method or any other supported way to update those values programmatically. Mainly, I think, this is because picklists are contained in form XSL and thus must be published before taking effect. I can deal with that. I'm still seeking a programmatic solution, unsupported though it may be. The idea actually applies more generally than to just picklists: programmatically publishing customizations. But my immediate need is to periodically -- and aut...

Appearance of the "All Mail Folders"
I would like to make the "Folders" in my "All Mail Folders" (above the Navigation Pane) "BOLD" while leaving the sub-panels un-bolded. Can anyone help? "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9690308A-B370-425E-BFAF-56BFF0833448@microsoft.com... > I would like to make the "Folders" in my "All Mail Folders" (above the > Navigation Pane) "BOLD" while leaving the sub-panels un-bolded. Can anyone > help? Sorry, not possible AFAIK... Please don't multi-post. Cross po...

Can not sent mail using blat (to Exchange)
I am in the process of converting from SBS2003 to Server/Exchange 2003. In the past I have been using blat to e-mail results of a number scripts. However in the new setup I can not get blat to work. On compairing the Exchange configs on both servers I can not find any differences. The new setup can send/receive interanl/external mail just fine to I know the basic setup is correct. Below it the output of a couple of telnet tests. I did not expect the test using the external domain to work but the internal one should work as before. Does anyone have any suggestions? Signed, Losing...

Hotmail takes over 5 DAYS to deliver mail (Outlook Express problem?)
Some messages I have sent via my hotmail account have taken over 5 days to be delivered (I'm not exagerating, see the headers below). Some messages get to the recipients within minutes. I have been using Outlook Express (version 6) for email... is this causing the problem? One thing I noticed in the headers below is the use of DAV vs HTTP as well as the initial mail servers used. Look for "with DAV" and "with HTTP" in the headers. Sidenote: seems that there should be an MS hotmail newsgroup... but I'm sure I'm not the first person to mention that. HEL...

multiple images in list control
Hi, I need to insert individual images for individual columns in a list control. How to go about this ? Thank you. ...

Line chart, multiple series, data is inter-mixed
I'd like to avoid having to sort and arrange my data, so I'm wondering if it is possible to create a category-based line chart with several series, but with the source data intermixed. The category to which each data point belongs appears in a cell directly adjacent to the data cell. In other words, can I tell Excel that I'd like to chart a several series from a data range, and provide a 2nd range which defines the categories of the corresponding data points? For example, my data might be in four categories (calories, speed, temp, weight) with five data points in each category, a...

Send mails from Workflow
Hi, I have created a Workflow rule to send E-mails to customers when ever they create a case. "The from address" of those mails picks the owners name. I want to change this..... How can I do this. Thanks in advance.......... Irshard you can not use email templates. The from field is locked. Use the send email form in wf manager. and set the from field from the user you wnat the email to be sent. if you want the emails to be sent form an account such as helpdesk etc. create a dummy account or contact and send emails via it. Hello, There is no from feild in WF Manager........

how do I re-direct my exsisting e-mail account to outlook express.
I have Outlook express 2003 on my new computer. I have been using a Yahoo e-mail address in the past. I would like to redirect my e-mail to outlook. >-----Original Message----- >I have Outlook express 2003 on my new computer. I have been using a Yahoo=20 >e-mail address in the past. I would like to redirect my e-mail to outlook. >. > Outlook Express is a part of the operating system, specifically Internet Explorer. You will have better luck where the OE Gurus hang out: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=3DInternetExp= lorer redirecting e-mail <red...

OL2003 notifies of new mail, takes 5+ min to pull in
Running XP, Office 2003 on 3 ghz pc, 1 gb ram. We do not have any Microsoft product on the back end, just on the desktop. Email is configured as pop mail. OL notifies me with sound and envelope that there is new mail, it takes the email 5 minutes or longer to be displayed. Pressing Send/Receive does not pull it in. My Eudora client is instantaneous, so it is not a network issue, this is strictly OL ?? ...

need help- count w/ multiple criteria
--------------752C968DC7D28F3A2ED980B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Here's a snippet of my data source TEAM MANAGED OPENED TROUBLE_TICKET_ID MAG Y 4/10/2004 5:30 1253992 MAG Y 4/13/2004 5:18 1253984 MAG Y 4/12/2004 5:08 1253979 MAG Y 4/11/2004 14:10 1253953 MAG N 4/13/2004 3:59 1253947 PWS N 4/13/2004 3:33 1253926 MAG N 4/13/2004 2:59 1253883 IPT N 4/13/2004 2:45 1253871 MAG N 4/13/2004 2:33 1253865 IPT N 4/13/2004 ...

Outlook and Exchange with two domains
Hi, I have an Exchange 2007 server that hosted a single domain, abc.com. I added a second domain, xyz.com by creating an accepted mail domain so that Exchange receive inbound mails to xyz.com, created email address policy so that recipients would get the mail addresses, and created MX record to point to Exchange server. While I am waiting for the MX record change to propoagate, I want to setup Outlook but I am not sure how to set it up. I cannot create a second email account, since only one Exchange server account can be created. I am not sure if I need a second account since users in AD show...

Mail Merge Missing?
A weird thing is happening with Mail Merge. When I click on Tools and then Mail Merge, nothing happens. No dialogue box, no error message, nothing. A checkmark is in front of the Mail Merge menu item under Tools. Is there a simple fix to this? Since I can't access the Mail Merge box, I can't do Mail Merges through Outlook! Thanks in advance for any help. Posting your Outlook version, Word version, and the steps used to lose this option would be a place to start when you post a question like this. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Karen8888" <Karen8888@discussions...

Windows Mail Personal Folders
Can Personal folders be added in Windows Mail? If so, can you please explain to me how to do it. Thanks, -- Deb Click on Local Folders. Then: File | New | Folder. Name it. Clock on Local Folders if you want it out in the open. Click on any folder if you want it as a subfolder of that folder. OK. Done. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1E0E969-C4AA-46A7-965D-37B33ADB6366@microsoft.com... > Can Personal folders be added in Windows Mail? If so, can you p...

new mail notification #7
doesn't work. No new mail sound either. Any ideas? Does your sound card work? Do you get other system sounds? If you change the new mail notification sound to another sound file, does it work? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, paul asked: | doesn't work. No new mail sound either. Any ideas? "paul" said in news:14ff01c42685$e172a7...

duplicate e-mail virus
My Outlook 2003 infinately duplicates messages received and will not allow me to send. Does anyone know how to get rid of this virus? On 13 Apr 2004 20:06, "rowen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My Outlook 2003 infinately duplicates messages received and will not >allow me to send. Does anyone know how to get rid of this virus? That might not be a virus. First of all you should update your antivirus software and have it scan your machine just to be sure. Secondly... ...is this only happening on a single message? What kind of mail account are you u...