Multiple copies of just one email

I'm using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP professional and I keep receiving a new
copy of one email message every time I open Outlook or it performs a timed
send/receive.  All other email messages have been fine, i.e. just one copy.
Would this be a problem with my computer that I can fix, a problem with the
sender's computer that she can fix, or is something else the matter?  I only
get one copy of all other messages from the same sender.

If anyone else is having this problem, I received an answer in the
Office-Outlook-General Questions Discussion Group.  I was able to log into my
email account on my company's website and delete the problem email.  I did
not receive it again when I opened Outlook.  So, if you have web access to
your email, this should work.

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:27:02 -0800, Kay Morrell wrote:

> If anyone else is having this problem, I received an answer in the
> Office-Outlook-General Questions Discussion Group.  I was able to log into my
> email account on my company's website and delete the problem email.  I did
> not receive it again when I opened Outlook.  So, if you have web access to
> your email, this should work.
>
> "Kay Morrell" wrote:
>
>> I'm using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP professional and I keep receiving a new
>> copy of one email message every time I open Outlook or it performs a timed
>> send/receive.  All other email messages have been fine, i.e. just one copy.
>> Would this be a problem with my computer that I can fix, a problem with the
>> sender's computer that she can fix, or is something else the matter?  I only
>> get one copy of all other messages from the same sender.

This sounds like a problem on the server.  The symptoms are exactly those
that occur if the server assigns the same unique identifier to two distinct
messages - Outlook can't distinguish between the messages and thus ends up
downloading one of them over and over...

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

lockup on returned email
does anyone have any information on Outlook locking up when getting returned email. It doesn't seem to be on all, but some. I can't find any consistancy on the returned mails, it seems to be random. Any help would be great. Thank You ...

Email file location
Can anyone tell me the actual file location of the email received in Microsoft Outlook? As i have to recover the system and thus i would like to backup the email. Would there any problem? Search for pst-files. Make sure you include hidden files/folders. Then connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... The default location is; C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----...

multiple users send from common email address
Hello, I have several users from support department (exchange 2003). Although they have each his own email address, I would like to let them send email from a common address such as support@company.com from their outlook clients. Really, they could use the "reply to" field, but is there some simpler way? On the other hand, I would like all of them to receive messages at support@company.com address. Is it possible? many thanks in advance. O. Ondrej: To get them all to receive mail at support@yourdomain.com, just create a distribution group in Active Directory Users and Co...

Video Email application
I downloaded the video email addon to Outlook - the problem is that I have 2 video sources on my laptop (a TV tuner card and a webcam), and I can't seem to find a way to change the video source (which seems to have defaulted to the TV card) ...

Can i see my archive emails in the same folders as they were befor
I don't want to see my emails in a separate location. I want to be able to archive my emails but still be displayed [with a different color tint perhaps, indication that they are archived] in the same location. Imagine that I have the following structure: Customers -> Germany -->DHL -->ZDF -> France -->France Telecom -->Canal+ If i am looking for an email i don't want to look in two locations. [current and archive folder]. Is it possible ? "Johnny" <Johnny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:644549CE-D381-4331-...

Device Context Copying & Bitmaps
Back again and I'm all confused! If I create a memdc like this "memdc.CreateCompatibleDC(NULL);" I can select a bitmap to it, draw on the bitmap and all is well. However, in my program I have a CPaintDC, which paints to a IDC_STATIC control and I want to be able to assign a bitmap to it as above and also draw on the bitmap, so I have a copy. Can I do this, or is there someway to copy the contents of the CPaintDC to a memdc, so I can then get it on a bmp somehow!? Thanks, Martin ...

How do I copy a chart made in Excel to Powerpoint?
I have created a number of charts in Excel that I need to export to Powerpoint for a presentation. I also want to turn each graph into a jpeg or pdf file for publication. How do I do this? For sharing charts in Office 2003 or earlier: Using Excel with Other Office Applications http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html Office 2007 throws some wrenches into the gears. To export charts as image files: Enhanced Export Chart Procedurehttp://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/06/09/enhanced-export-chart-procedure/ Use PDF or GIF, which are optimized for line art, not JPG, which is optimized fo...

How do I copy data from one workbook to another whilst retaining formulas on original
I'm looking to run a macro from workbook SWT (sheet CLT) which will cu and paste data from a range of cells (A2,C2,E2,F2,G2,I2,K2.. A3,C3,E3,F3,G3,I3,K3... A4,C4,E4,F4,G4,I4,K4.... until end of data from workbook SWT (Sheet CS) to rows A to G in Workbook SWTS (Shee Stats). I have vlookup formulas (eg =IF(B2="","",VLOOKUP($B2,'Data Field'!$A$7:$B$12,2))) in place in columns A,C,E,F,G,I,K on sheet CS and I'm looking to keep the these formulas in place (unless someone ca think of better alternatives). When I paste the data on sheet Stats i must paste onto the...

be able to print indivually different labels on multiple label sh.
hi i want to be able to use publisher to print individual labels on a multiple label sheet, any ideas regards greg Do you mean different addresses on the labels or be able to print one label as needed and tell it which label you want to use? (I do the latter in Word.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:740CB634-47E8-4EEC-BE75-768932495A30@microsoft.com... > hi > i want to be able to use publisher to print individual labels on a > multiple > label sheet, > any ideas > regards > g...

Emailing from SharePoint
I've set up a client contact list in SharePoint and don't know how to email from there. Can anyone help please? -- slimjim009 First of all, Outgoing e-mail needs to be configured in Central Administration by your SharePoint administrator. Once that has been done you should simply be able to select the group and choose e-mail users from the Actions menu when viewing People and Groups. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "slimjim009" <slimjim009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023730C4-A34D-...

How do I insert a JPEG image into the body of the email?
Using Outlook 2003. Was a Eudora email user until last week. Trying to compose a 1 page resume in the body of the email with my photo Would like to not have an attachment that required opening, but have the photo image show with text next to it. This would create a resume that could be reviewed quickly. Use HTML format - not plain text. -- Regards, Pat Garard Melbourne, Australia _______________________ "slwitte" <slwitte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B30D3E0A-4A92-43C9-93F5-4372663349B5@microsoft.com... > Using Outlook 2003. Was a Eudora email ...

This message has not yet been submitted for delivery (EMail Router Workflow)
I have CRM 4.0 and an external Exchange/SMTP host. The Email router is installed and I believe working. All tests complete successfully. Also - I can create a new Activity --> Email and receive an email message via CRM4 no problem. I created a workflow that is supposed to send an Email to the customer when a case is resolved. When I create a test case and resolve it - the email appears in Pending Queue. When I double click the Email it says "This message has not yet been submitted for delivery." There are no errors in the WIn Event Log. My outgoing messages are set to Email Rout...

copy of active screen without using the Print Screen button
Hi, I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck as i cannot seem to find an *alternative button. Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does not work very well for me. TIA XP user wrote: > Hi, > > I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture > the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on >...

How To Open OE6 .eml File Extension Emails With WLM
Hi: How can I open my old saved OE6 emails with file extension .eml with WLM? Never dreamed I would have this problem of opening prior Microsoft OE6 emails. Thanks, ColTom2 Just double-click on the .eml file. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "ColTom2" <noemailaddress@nomail.com> wrote in message news:e#ZitFXaKHA.5544@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi: > > How can I open my old saved OE6 emails with file extension .eml with WLM? > > Never dreamed I would have this ...

Cut/Copy & Past problems
I would like to copy a group of rows from one workbook to another - The second workbook has formulas along the bottom to do various sums etc on the block of dat at the top - I want to copy and paste different blocks from various sheets and the print the new sheet with the sums - The blocks are always in the same format but have different numbers of rows so when I copy and paste them I highlight the block to be copied and then highlight the block of data to be Replaced and then choose Paste - Hoping that the highlighted block on the second sheet will have it's data replaced with the ...

IMAP email missing sent, drafts
When I setup an IMAP account in Outlook XP, the only default folder provided is the inbox -- I'm missing the drafts and sent folder. When I send things or save as a draft, it uses the local personal folders. The sent and drafts folder load correctly using Outlook Express. Any ideas? -Brian ...

graph data from multiple worksheets
I have about 10 worksheets with data in them, I would like to put it all on one chart, how do I do it? I cannot fit it all in one worksheet. Produce the chart from the data from your first workshet. Go to your second worksheet, select the relevant data, copy, go to your chart, edit/ paste special, and accept the relevant option to add a new data series or add data to an existing series. Alternatively having produced your original chart, go to Source Data, and either adding data to an existing series or adding a new series will allow you to select the relevant data from whichever work...

Not so important but just asking anyways
Having an old Dallas DS1620 temperature sensor and got hold of some unholy basic code for a BASIC-II board (well I think that was what it said) thought I would try using it again,the 1620 hasnt been working since i got out of W3.11 after that my ports (think this was going for LPT1) are nono to vb, at least thats what I was led to believe then. Well, now I think it could be done, just wondering has some one already done it? VB6 to read a DS1620 I mean? OS XP, got C/C++ compilers too, if having to make a driver but not the skill for that one. Think I see a lots of posts about port....

Segrigation of different datas from one colum
Hi , I am trying to segrigate and pull data from one colum to different colums. For this I want to created a macro . Also I want this data to be pulled from a word document and to be pasted on an Excel template.Is it possible ??then How can we do it . Hi Roy- Providing a sample of the type of data you are working with (whatever you want to segregate, also called "parsing") would be helpful in order to provide you more direction. You can definitely extract data from a Word document, but how efficient it is will vary depending on how your Word document was set up...

Is it possible to have text and currancy in one cell and ...
Is it possible to have text and currancy in one cell and be able to use the numbers in that cell to make an equation with another? The short answer .. No -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "thegen" <thegen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1552FF10-9CAA-42AD-B401-B0D229D6A343@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have text and currancy in one cell and be able to use the > numbers in that cell to make an equation with another? well maybe depending on how the "text & currency" was ar...

import email from outlook expressv6.0
would be grateful for any pointers for importing emails from xp based, outlook express v6.0 into my vista based machine running win live mail 2008 and win mail ver6.0 6000.16386. have burned 4 files : ( archive (.pst), backup (.pst), extend.dat, outlook (.pst) ) from old system but both win mail and win live mail seem not to recognize the files when i try to read these files or import them. thks. "jchan" <jchan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5438430C-BA1E-4A3E-A8AA-93DBF3E6C08E@microsoft.com... > would be grateful for any pointers for importing emai...

Storing Hotmail Folders and Email Offline
Does anyone know how to get my hotmail email stored offline on my computer? Do you want them in WLMail or in Windows folders? In WLMail, Alt + V, Layout, Folder pane, check Show Storage folders. Create new folders in Storage folders. Copy messages to the folders to leave messages in Hotmail. Move messages to remove from Hotmail. Drag and drop to Windows folders to copy messages. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "AndrewP" <AndrewP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8941942D-2EF6-43D3-B99B-FB5CF9484739@microsoft.com... > Does anyone k...

Email resent mysteriously to our All.Company DL
Help! A user in our company sent an email on the 29th Dec, 2006 to our All.Company DL. This email was delivered to all users including myself. Today when I came to work, our email server was down. I could not log on and the server was completely unresponsive. Therefore, I reboot the server. Literally 2 mins later, that same email dated 29th Dec, 2006 was sitting in everyones inbox. I looked at message tracking and I can see the message was submitted on the 29th Dec and delivered locally to all users AND was submitted 2 mins after the reboot and delivered to all users locally. I am 10...

distribution lists duplicate emails
Is there a way that if a person is in multiple distribution lists that are used in an email that they can receive the email only once and not 2 or 3 times if they are in different distribution lists? ...

how can i copy formula?
hi, please help! my problem was i create a formula that gets the total sum from another workbook. i want to copy the formula and past to another cell but the only thing must change is the name of the workbook. example. i want to paste the formula of A1 to B1 and so on which autoamtically link to another workbook. Workbook1. sheet1 A1=sum of workbook2 B1=sum of workbook3 C1=sum of workbook4 Hi Into A1 enter the formula like ="_=SUM('C:\My Documents\[Workbook" & COLUMN()+1 & ".xls]Sheet1'!A1:A100)" Copy the formula to right. Select all formulas, copy ...