Multiple copies of E-Mail messages

I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP2 with a Windows XP Professional
operating system.

Just in the last couple days I've started to experience a problem with
incoming e-mail messages.  I use Outlook to retrieve e-mail from at least
four different accounts, from at least two different servers.

When I receive a new e-mail message that is addressed to one of these e-mail
accounts, I get two extra copies of that message, and each of these extra
copies are addressed to two of my other accounts.  So what I end up with is
three copies with three different TO: addresses.  This only happens when the
mail is addressed to Account 1.  If the mail is addressed to Account 2 or
Account 3, no multiplication occurs.  This problem just started a couple
days ago, and I haven't made any changes in settings.  Has my copy of
Outlook been infected with something?  What can I do to correct the problem?

0
dspengler (2)

Did you add an anti-virus program in the last 2 days and set the mail
checker to check incoming and outgoing mail?  If yes ,turn it off.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, David Spengler
asked:

| I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP2 with a Windows XP
| Professional operating system.
|
| Just in the last couple days I've started to experience a problem with
| incoming e-mail messages.  I use Outlook to retrieve e-mail from at
| least four different accounts, from at least two different servers.
|
| When I receive a new e-mail message that is addressed to one of these
| e-mail accounts, I get two extra copies of that message, and each of
| these extra copies are addressed to two of my other accounts.  So
| what I end up with is three copies with three different TO:
| addresses.  This only happens when the mail is addressed to Account
| 1.  If the mail is addressed to Account 2 or Account 3, no
| multiplication occurs.  This problem just started a couple days ago,
| and I haven't made any changes in settings.  Has my copy of Outlook
| been infected with something?  What can I do to correct the problem?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
7/9/2004 6:01:02 AM
No changes were made to the anti-virus software, or any other software, as
far as I know.

Also, I send all mail from Account 2, and have my settings so that all
replies get sent to Account 1 (the problem account).  No other changes.

Dave

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote in message news:OhlxeoXZEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Did you add an anti-virus program in the last 2 days and set the mail
> checker to check incoming and outgoing mail?  If yes ,turn it off.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, David Spengler
> asked:
>
> | I am using Outlook 2002 (10.4219.4219) SP2 with a Windows XP
> | Professional operating system.
> |
> | Just in the last couple days I've started to experience a problem with
> | incoming e-mail messages.  I use Outlook to retrieve e-mail from at
> | least four different accounts, from at least two different servers.
> |
> | When I receive a new e-mail message that is addressed to one of these
> | e-mail accounts, I get two extra copies of that message, and each of
> | these extra copies are addressed to two of my other accounts.  So
> | what I end up with is three copies with three different TO:
> | addresses.  This only happens when the mail is addressed to Account
> | 1.  If the mail is addressed to Account 2 or Account 3, no
> | multiplication occurs.  This problem just started a couple days ago,
> | and I haven't made any changes in settings.  Has my copy of Outlook
> | been infected with something?  What can I do to correct the problem?

0
dspengler (2)

warning mail then password Expired
Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? "Driogan" <Peter@driogan.dk> wrote in message news:98b39d3f-474a-4b05-8f8a-073f030ea57a@r60g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5 > days before your user password on the domaine expires ?? There's already a warning that can be set when the User logs on....... On 27 Nov., 11:41, "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote: > "Driogan" <Pe...@dr...

recieved error message 0x8DE00006
I cannot get Outlook to send a mass mailer out to business emails. Is ther a max amount that I can send too? I just keep getting this error message and then I go to look it up and there is not solution. Please help!? I have about 375 emails addresses in a distribution list. I just can't seem to send it out. This is most probably an issue with your ISP. They put a quota on how many emails you can send out at a single time. It is a control put in place to restrict Spam. Call your ISP for info -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests fo...

The Links from e-mails don't work
If I copy the links and insert it into IE 8 it reads it. Trying to link over from an e-mail directly is not working. If I copy the link and go to IE 8.0 the link (URL address) works. It was working before. pgman27 You mean if you click on the link in a message it does nothing, not even an error message? Are you certain IE has all its defaults? Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on...

Trouble enabling Message tracking
when i go to enable message tracking on my 2k3 exchange server it comes up with the following error: Access Denied. Facitity: LDAP Provider ID no: 80070005 Microsoft exchange management. Now i have full rights over the domain - Full exchange right. I've also permissioned the share and NTFS of \\server\exchange.log correctly and this share points to c:\program files\Exchsrvr\server.log. Could someone please help me? many thanks Will Gerrish Are you trying to do this from the actual Exchange server or somewhere else? Nue "will gerrish" <willgerrish@discussions.microso...

VLookup in VBA giving error message

How to set Page Layout View as default when composing new eMail message?
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 (German) with MS Office Word as my E-Mail Editor. When composing a new eMail message, default view is always "Normal". I would like it to be "Page Layout" (or "Print Layout" in some Word version, I guess). I tried serveral things, from changing different templates (email.dot, normal.dot, mail.oft) to changing the Form for messages. But I didn't find a way to change the view here, because it's in Outlook style, not Word. And I didn't find any setting in Word for it. How can I change the default View? And which templ...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

Copy constructor
Dear people, I have a class C1 which contains a member variable of class C2. C2 didn't have a copy constructor up to now but due to a change needed (and got) one, and an assignment operator as well. Now when compiling, I get en error C2558: "class C1: No copy constructor available or copy constructor has been declared 'explicit'". It is correct that C1 doesn't have a copy constructor but I thought that the default copy constructor just calls the assignment operators of the members. Since C2 has an explicitly programmed assignment operator - where is the mi...

How do I setup an SMTP gateway / smart host for Exchange 5.5 internet bound mail
My current setup has a Windows NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 server setting on our company LAN behind a Microsoft ISA Server. The Exchange server's Internet Mail Connector binds to (I assume this is the proper terms) port 25 on the ISA server for inbound and outbound Internet Mail. Our company has finally upgraded to a new Cisco Pix Firewall which we are able to setup a DMZ on. The suggestion by our ISP is to setup an SMTP gateway in the DMZ and have our internal Exchange server send mail to it destined for the Internet. I am aware that most of the work for making the connections from the SMTP ...

copy does not work in word 2003

"Application has failed to start..." error message with VS2005 on new machine
VC++ MFC Project working absolutely fine on one machine Installed Visual Studio on a new portable and copied the project and all the settings over, done a complete rebuild which worked fine but now get an error message "The application has failed to start becuase the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem" Have tried reinsalling (but I dont think this is relevant as I am working with VStudio) the message pops up a couple of times but then the program runs OK Does anyone know what this means and how to find out what is missin...

Sumproduct with multiple date criteria
Having a tough time with this one. Sheet 1 Column A = Start Date, Column B = End Date, Column C = Quantity. Sheet 2 Row A = Start Date, Row B = End Date. I would like Row C to sum quantity from sheet 1 where ever the two date ranges intersect. The date ranges on sheet 2 represent the beginning and ending of a week (Mon-Sun). Sheet 1 Column A Column B Column C 01JAN2010 24JAN2010 1,000 Sheet 2 Row A 04JAN2010 11JAN2010 18JAN2010 25JAN2010 Row B 10JAN2010 17JAN2010 24JAN2010 31JAN2010 Row c 1,000 1,000 1,000 0 Do the Sheet 2 Star...

Mail Merge Printing collated
When I print a mail merge (I don't use it for mailings and envelopes), Publisher prints out the first 5 records as an individual document then the next 5 as a seperate document, and so forth. Since I often need to make multiple copies of these documents, I end up having to collate them by hand. How can I get Publisher to print the entire merge as one document before printing the second, third, copy? I believe when I had P'03 it would print that way, but when I upgraded to '07 this problem started. You can't... Maybe later with a service pack these printing bugs will b...

Querying multiple records in two tables

Vacation Message
Is there a way to send an automated response letting people know you are away from the office? If corporate e-mail servers are Microsoft Exchange, you should have an option under the Tools menu called Out of Office Assistant. "Brien" <bnicolau@falcon.tamucc.edu> wrote in message news:0db401c34d2c$307e9e10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to send an automated response letting > people know you are away from the office? ...

copying formulas in vba
Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could help me. I am writing a vba script that takes in data, analyzes it, and then copies the results to a new file. I am having a problem with two things. 1) I am using a template for the new file so there are a lot of formulas (sums and std) already defined and ready to use. However, there are some instances where there is a random amount of additional data I have to put in. So, I have to apply the same formulas to this new data. How do I copy formulas from one cell to another (allowing for a change in row) in vba? Lets say cell(1,4) has the form...

Video mail VEMAIL.EXE
Just installed VEMAIL.EXE v1.1 and get the message "The fatal error occured" Any tip on how to get this plug in working ? Hi Ant Give up on it - the add-in doesn't work. >-----Original Message----- >Just installed VEMAIL.EXE > v1.1 and get the message "The fatal error occured" >Any tip on how to get this plug in working ? >. > ...