Multiple connections

I have a work connection and a dial up connection for
when I am on the road.  I have set my work connection as
defualt e-mail account.  However, regardless, the account
seems to check both accounts every time I send.  How do I
maintain the account information in Outlook without it
checking/sending the other account unless I do something?

Multiple sites breaks MRP in GP 8.0
I had one site in inventory with multiple bins assigned to it such as: site1 / suite 2...site1 / suite 2...site1 / suite 3 I changed it such that I now have many suite with 1 bin associated with each site. My Sites / Bins are now: Suite 1 / Suite 1 Suite 2 / Suite 2 Suite 3 / SUite 3 After I did this, my MRP no longer reports all the demand for parts list. I can't find a pattern as to why some items show up and some do not. Any idea what I broke when I added the multiple sites? Is it possible that I can't have a have the same code for a site and a bin? Thanks. ERPSS ...

Timeouts and connection issues
WindowsXP(SP2) with Office2003. In 1 Outlook Profile I use 2 POP3 accounts with 1 SMTP and 1 Hotmail account Problem 1: During Send/Receive the one of the 2 POP accounts (Always the same), SOMETIMES only, not always, around 50-60% gives an error that the server cannot be contacted, with code 0x80042108. After several attempts, it will not give this error for a while. Also, sometimes, in the details pane, although I use only 3 accounts, it shows multiple instances of Send and Receive for each account. Why does this happen? Problem 2: When a message is sent via the SMTP server, it gives a...

Reporting multiple fields
Hi, I'm importing a years worth of timesheets for my company from Excel into Access. So far I have been able to produce many nice looking reports with useful information that used to take us days to sort through in Excel. However the problem emerged when there is a category that involves multiple tasks that we need to timetrack. To give an example lets say we are looking to see whos involved in the mailroom procedures and they could have entered three tasks on their timesheet like sorting, sending and receiving. I tried to use a conditional iif statement to get what i wanted. ...

multiple x axis labels
I have a bar chart where the x-axis has multiple levels of data and a rank value that corresponds to the data series that I want to plot. That rank value needs to be displayed on the x-axis with the category name and sub-category name. My dataset looks like this: Category Sub-Cat PriceRank Price Fruit Apple 1 $15 Fruit Banana 2 $10 Fruit Pear 3 $5 Veg Onion 1 $2 Veg Potato 1 $2 Veg ...

pivot table connection access
hi the following macro gets stuck where show below Dim con As New ADODB.Connection Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset Dim sql As String Dim pc As PivotCache Dim pt As PivotTable con.Open "provider=microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;" & _ "data source=C:\Users\M Varnendra\Desktop\VBA on Excel\Chapter 22\salesdb.mdb" sql = "select * from sales" Set pc = ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add(SourceType:=xlExternal) Set pc.Recordset = rs '''''getting stuck here Worksheets.Add before:=Sheets(1) Set pt = ActiveSheet.PivotTables.Add(PivotCache:=p...

Woolwich
Anyone else constantly downloading the same transactions from the Woolwich? Even though I've previously dowloaded transactions, it seems that the next time I download, I get a few of the same transactions. However, they appear as new ones that then have to be matched manually to existing ones (wearing when around 30 transactions have to be linked to existing ones). Any help appreciated..... ...

SDI w/multiple simultaneous views?
I know this Q has come up before, but I haven't been able to find the answer applicable to my situation. I have a working SDI doc/view pgm which I want to modify so it displays several views of the same document simultaneously. The display should be in the form of independent windows arrangeable and resizable, such as MDI provides for multiple documents. When the user opens a document, all of the views will appear at once, tiled or cascaded according to a user-set preference. The data is read- only; the user does not change it or have the ability to save it. Splitter windows are not app...

Creating multiple documents
Hi to all, I am using XALAN processor and xslt 2.0 and I have managed to take an XML file and split it into multiple documents. This is done via the Oxygen editor. I now need to write a C# program that will take the XML and XSLT file as inputs and transform the XML file. Any clues on how to get started would be appreciated. Sham. sham wrote: > I am using XALAN processor and xslt 2.0 and I have managed to take an XML > file and split it into multiple documents. This is done via the Oxygen > editor. Does Xalan support XSLT 2.0? I don't think so. Saxon 8 does suppor...

Slow (or sometimes no) connection to exchange server
We have exchange server running on a Win-2K machine. There is no DNS server set up for our local network (we don't really need one) and I suspect that the lack of local name resolution for the exchange server machine is responsible for the unpredictable or erratic connectivity that we experience on our mostly Win-98 network. Will the addition of the appropriate entry in the client hosts file remedy or substitute for a functioning local DNS server? How do I formulate the correct syntax for the host entry? (I mean, how do I determine the correct machine-name.domain.TLD format? Where on ...

How do I extend multiple lines in Publisher?
I can lengthen a line in Publisher by highlighting it then holding down the left mouse button with shift (and ALT for accuracy) But is it possible to extend more than one line at the same time? I am using 2003 Group the lines... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "splatcat" <splatcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:019BA30C-6A2C-4F14-B6F1-5100CCE89CDD@microsoft.com... >I can lengthen a line in Publisher by highlighting it then holding down the > left mouse button with shift (and ...

Intermittant Connection to Usenet
I am using Vista Home. SP1 does not load and always removes itself. WAN Miniport (SSTP) is flagged as not operating properly. I use Newsrover as a newsreader and NewsGuy for usenet connections. Both worked perfectly for years. I just added a D-Link (model DIR-615) router to my sytem and everything seems to work fine, except for one thing. I'm getting loss of connection with the NewsGuy servers. I've contacted them, but they say everyone is running OK, and i've never had problems before. When i download files, things are OK for a while, then connectivity drops off a...

multiple or conditions #2
I have written syntax that doesn't seem to be picking up all my or conditions thus leaving me with an inaccurate answer. What am I doing wrong? =IF($I5>2.5,1,0)*OR($K5>2.5,1,0)*OR($M5>2.5,1,0)*OR($O5>2.5,1,0) *OR($Q5>2.5,1,0)*OR($J5>5,1,0)*OR($L5>5,1,0)*OR($N5>5,1,0) *OR($P5>5,1,0)*OR($R5>5,1,0) Syntax is =IF(OR(condition1,condition2,condition3,...),value if true,value if false) -- that is, only ONE "OR" would be in the formula. Not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. "lschuh" wrote: > I have written syntax that doe...

header info in multiple sheets
Is there an easy to place several lines of text in the header for multiple sheets (20 or so) in a workbook? These sheets already exists, in case you were wondering. Thank you, Select the first sheet then hold the <shift> key down and select the last sheet (assuming you want to change all of them - if not, use <ctrl> when selecting). Now that you have grouped all the sheets, any changes you do to one will be reflected in all the others (so be careful !!), so if you click on Page Setup | Header&Footer tab and then "pretend" to edit the text, that text will then a...

connect drawer to printer
I just purchased RMS with all the equipment and am going through the nightmare of setting all the hardware up. I have a Star TSP100 and an APG Cash Drawer that I need to connect somehow. Unfortunately, my equipment came without a cable to connect the two. The Star printer takes a 6-pin cable and the drawer an 8-pin Cat5e. After checking with Radioshack and Fry's, it seems like a cable that can connect both ends doesn't exist? They said I may need to have it custom made (which I don't have time for)... I then discovered the cable connectivity guide on the APG website and it ...

Message Journaling / Multiple Recipients
Through these usergroups, I have been shown how to activate message journaling, and also how to set up a user so that their Outlook can check more than one mailbox. I'm using Exchane 2003. I have a mailbox, 'masterfile', that is the recipient of the Journaling. I do not have any one user's Outlook set up to check the account, as 2 or 3 individuals need access to it, so I have just given the OWA login information. However, the main bossman wants to have the masterfile info delivered to his Outlook, like it 'used to be' with the Linux server. How can I accomplish ...

How do I set up a formula with multiple conditions?
I need to know how to develop a formula that will look at "x" "y" and see if either is between both "a" and "b" ie.: x=d2 y=d6 a=a12 b=b12 If(d2>a12 and d6<b12,d6-d2,0) This formula tests D2 first, then D6. So even if D6 satisfies both conditions, it will still read "D2 is between both" if D2 satisfies both conditions: =IF(AND(D2>A12,D2<B12),"D2 is between both",IF(AND(D6>A12,D6<B12),"D6 is between both","Both tests failed")) Or maybe you're looking for something like: =IF(OR(AND(...

How to connect to public server
Emory has a server for patients. When you open Explorer, there is a welcome screen with a "button" at the bottom that takes you a TOS screen with an "agree" button. You are then required to enter an email address. Is there any way to have this done automatically ...

Trouble connecting to Earthlink?
I apologize if this is OT, but I couldn't find anyplace better to post it. Since Friday, whenever any of our employees sends email to an Earthlink address, the recipient receives multiple copies. This only happens when we are sending to earthlink addresses I think I've figured out what the problem is. I used telnet to connect to mx2.earthlink.net (one of their SMTP servers) and manually inputted the from, to, and data fields, and when I was done with the data field, the earthlink server did not send a 250 OK reply, per RFC0821. It just sat there and returned nothing. The email ac...

Detect internet connection via VC++
How to detect internet connection is on /off? Like sometimes internet connection breaks.I want to detect that. 1>I have tried APIS InternetGetConnectedState InternetCheckConnection but they are not reliable. InternetQueryOption might work but not given clearly in MSDN. Apart from this is there any other API or method that would tell me whether connection is broken or not? "amolsarmalkar" <amolsarmalkar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8520b419-7d32-43da-bcff-bdb4503aa035@c65g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... > How to detect internet c...

Deleting Multiple Blank Rows
Is there a quick and simple way of deleting multiple different blank rows from a sheet? - Other than indivdually clicking on them (with ctrl) and then deleting. i.e. removing the blank rows between the other rows of data? (But on a large scale) Number Name B5298 BOWER, RH G9005 LANDA J G9456 BHAKRI H J1482 NIRMAL KUMAR.R T9574 BAMBER A Hi Select the whole range of data>Sort>Ascending>my data has Headers>Column A and all the blank rows will be shifted to the end -- Regards Roger Govier Diabolo_Devil wrote: > Is there a quick and si...

Remove multiple personal folders
How can I delete multiple identical personal folders? I only have one .pst file, but all three point to it. I can not "close personal folders". So instead of one personal folder, I have three. Hello Kevin, you have to go in the control panel | mail | Datafolder ("Sorry i have only the german Ol i dont know the english name of this button")Press the button in the middle of this window and after that you see three personal folders, and you could delete them. >-----Original Message----- >How can I delete multiple identical personal folders? I >only have...

Assigning Multiple Users to Outlook Tasks
I'm trying to use outlook as a central location for engineering assignments. The trouble we have is that engineers work in teams of two and so the task has to be sent out to both parties with one of them accepting. I've noticed on Outlook that we get no updates on the tasks when they are assigned to multiple users. Is there a way of getting around this? Cheers ...

Windows Explorer Type ,Multiple Views ,vc++,mfc
Hai , Iam looking to have a feature which resembles WindowsExplorer ,which on clicking on the tree item on leftpane will give all the files associated with that item and it shoud support multiple views(thumbnail,list,details) Thanks and regards suresh The webbrowser control supports folder view. "suresh at his best" <sureshathisbest@discussions.microsoft.com> д���ʼ� news:376B0D08-CD69-41D1-A09C-A3D3C0038BCF@microsoft.com... > Hai , > Iam looking to have a feature which resembles WindowsExplorer ,which on > clicking on the ...

Expose, Spaces and Multiple Displays don't function properly with Office 2008
When I hover my mouse over different documents open in Office 2008 they do not highlight correctly (i.e. wrong size highlight with no title) and with multiple documents open it often goes to the wrong document when selected. In Spaces the Tool Palette doesn't show up and doesn't switch spaces correctly. Also documents don't remain in separate spaces from Word or Excel. When Multiple Displays are used the window is often moved and resized improperly when using other display features. Also, Word has crashed serveral times for me... more times than the alpha and beta versions of ot...

Find duplicates between multiple XLS files
I have two separate Excel spreadsheets. One has about 15,000 records and the other has about 350 records. I want to look for duplicates between the two. What are my options? I have attached the two files. Both files have a "title" field and both have an "issn" field. ISSN = International Standard Serial Number. I think comparing either of these would work. I can do this by hand (print out the sheets and look at them), but I wanted to see whether Excel could do the work for me. Thank you for your time, Culley -- Culley ------------------------------------------...