MSN email acc in Outlook 2003

Hi.

I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to
retrieve my emails.

The error:  Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error
(0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work and
restart the program.'

This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even
though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and it
still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using
Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on both
Outlook 2003 and OE and both failed.

Can anyone please solve this? This is getting very frustrating. What a waste
of money.
Thanks.

--
Eilla
http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com

Do you use a firewall? If you make a new profile with only the msn account,
does it work?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Eilla" <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
>
> I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to
> retrieve my emails.
>
> The error:  Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error
> (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work
> and
> restart the program.'
>
> This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even
> though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and
> it
> still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using
> Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on both
> Outlook 2003 and OE and both failed.
>
> Can anyone please solve this? This is getting very frustrating. What a
> waste
> of money.
> Thanks.
>

> --
> Eilla
> http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com

0
msnews1660 (730)
9/1/2005 4:57:50 AM
The only firewall, I have is the Windows XP Firewall. I did try that too. I
even repaired the Outlook. I even uninstalled and reinstalled it. It is still
the same problem.

--

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Do you use a firewall? If you make a new profile with only the msn account,
> does it work?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Eilla" <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to
> > retrieve my emails.
> >
> > The error:  Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error
> > (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work
> > and
> > restart the program.'
> >
> > This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even
> > though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and
> > it
> > still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using
> > Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on both
> > Outlook 2003 and OE and both failed.
> >
> > Can anyone please solve this? This is getting very frustrating. What a
> > waste
> > of money.
> > Thanks.
> >

> > --
> > Eilla
> > http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com

0
Eilla (5)
9/1/2005 5:15:01 AM
Ok, this is getting very frustrating. Not only microsoft suck but apparently,
the help support sucks too. Do I have to re-create new messages for someone
to help me?

--

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Do you use a firewall? If you make a new profile with only the msn account,
> does it work?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Eilla" <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003 to
> > retrieve my emails.
> >
> > The error:  Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported error
> > (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing work
> > and
> > restart the program.'
> >
> > This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs even
> > though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook and
> > it
> > still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using
> > Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on both
> > Outlook 2003 and OE and both failed.
> >
> > Can anyone please solve this? This is getting very frustrating. What a
> > waste
> > of money.
> > Thanks.
> >

> > --
> > Eilla
> > http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com

0
Eilla (5)
9/4/2005 7:57:03 AM
So, can you answer Diane's questions or are you here to complain?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Eilla asked:

| Ok, this is getting very frustrating. Not only microsoft suck but
| apparently, the help support sucks too. Do I have to re-create new
| messages for someone to help me?
|

|| Do you use a firewall? If you make a new profile with only the msn
|| account, does it work?
|| --
|| Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
|| Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
|| Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
|| Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
|| Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
|| Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
|| "Eilla" <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
||| Hi.
||| I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook
||| 2003 to retrieve my emails.
||| The error:  Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported
||| error (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any
||| existing work and
||| restart the program.'
||| This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still
||| occurs even though I removed and added the account again. I even
||| restart Outlook and it
||| still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work
||| using Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I
||| tried on both Outlook 2003 and OE and both failed.
||| Can anyone please solve this? This is getting very frustrating.
||| What a waste
||| of money.
||| Thanks.
||| --
||| Eilla
||| http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com

0
MillyS (3228)
9/4/2005 10:35:57 AM
FYI, I did answered her questions. I created a new profile and add the
account, it still didn't work. The only firewall I have on is Windows XP
firewall. I tried using another email client such as IncrediMail and it still
didn't worked.

Sorry for the complains, but it is getting rather frustrating. If you were
me, you would to.

--

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> So, can you answer Diane's questions or are you here to complain?
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Eilla asked:
>
> | Ok, this is getting very frustrating. Not only microsoft suck but
> | apparently, the help support sucks too. Do I have to re-create new
> | messages for someone to help me?
> |

> || Do you use a firewall? If you make a new profile with only the msn
> || account, does it work?
> || --
> || Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> || Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> || Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> || Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)
> || Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> || Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> || "Eilla" <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Eilla (5)
9/4/2005 12:18:07 PM
Sorry - I don't see an answer to Diane's questions posted here.  Please
correct me if I am wrong.

Then if the quality of the answers here does not help you help yourself,
call Microsoft Product Support Services.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Eilla asked:

| FYI, I did answered her questions. I created a new profile and add the
| account, it still didn't work. The only firewall I have on is Windows
| XP firewall. I tried using another email client such as IncrediMail
| and it still didn't worked.
|
| Sorry for the complains, but it is getting rather frustrating. If you
| were me, you would to.
|

|| So, can you answer Diane's questions or are you here to complain?
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
|| After furious head scratching, Eilla asked:
||| Ok, this is getting very frustrating. Not only microsoft suck but
||| apparently, the help support sucks too. Do I have to re-create new
||| messages for someone to help me?

0
MillyS (3228)
9/4/2005 6:00:39 PM
Maybe I should answer in this format, so you can see. "I created a new
profile and add the account, it still didn't work. The only firewall I have
on is Windows XP firewall."

1) Do you use a firewall? Only Windows XP firewall.
2) If you make a new profile with only the msn account, does it work? I did
create a new profile with just msn account and no, it didn't work.

--
Eilla

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Sorry - I don't see an answer to Diane's questions posted here.  Please
> correct me if I am wrong.
>
> Then if the quality of the answers here does not help you help yourself,
> call Microsoft Product Support Services.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, Eilla asked:
>
> | FYI, I did answered her questions. I created a new profile and add the
> | account, it still didn't work. The only firewall I have on is Windows
> | XP firewall. I tried using another email client such as IncrediMail
> | and it still didn't worked.
> |
> | Sorry for the complains, but it is getting rather frustrating. If you
> | were me, you would to.
> |

> || So, can you answer Diane's questions or are you here to complain?
> || --
> || Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> || Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
> || unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
> || reading.
> || After furious head scratching, Eilla asked:

0
Eilla (5)
9/5/2005 1:03:01 AM
Sorry, I'm out of town for a funeral and don't have the same access to
messages as I do when home and it's hard to find threads I'm involved in.

Some of the MSN errors come and go - since it's not working in OE, I'd say
the problem is with your internet connection - but I have no idea what is
blocking it since it also fails with the FW disabled.

--

> Ok, this is getting very frustrating. Not only microsoft suck but
> apparently,
> the help support sucks too. Do I have to re-create new messages for
> someone
> to help me?
>
> --
> Eilla
> http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Do you use a firewall? If you make a new profile with only the msn
>> account,
>> does it work?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

>> "Eilla" <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi.
>> >
>> > I'm a Hotmail Plus user but it seemed that I can't use the Outlook 2003
>> > retrieve my emails.
>> >
>> > The error:  Task 'MSN: Folder: Inbox Synchroning headers.' reported
>> > error
>> > (0x800CCF4): 'An unknown error has occured. Please save any existing
>> > work
>> > and
>> > restart the program.'
>> >
>> > This error occurs only with MSN email account. The error still occurs
>> > even
>> > though I removed and added the account again. I even restart Outlook
>> > and
>> > it
>> > still the same thing. I tried adding my msn email account at work using
>> > Outlook 2003. It works there but apparently, not at home. I tried on
>> > both
>> > Outlook 2003 and OE and both failed.
>> >
>> > Can anyone please solve this? This is getting very frustrating. What a
>> > waste
>> > of money.
>> > Thanks.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Eilla
>> > http://vanillasecrets.multiply.com

0
msnews1660 (730)
9/5/2005 1:51:33 AM
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org>
wrote:

> Sorry - I don't see an answer to Diane's questions posted here.
> Please correct me if I am wrong.

It's there.

Eilla <Eilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> The only firewall, I have is the Windows XP Firewall. I did try that
> too. I even repaired the Outlook. I even uninstalled and reinstalled
> it. It is still the same problem.
>

>> Do you use a firewall? If you make a new profile with only the msn
>> account, does it work?
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
>> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k