msg template. Text sent not what typed!

Hi

I have had the strangest issue with Outlook.  I sometimes use msg files to
send emails to colleagues.  Normally I have a template set up and I may
change the to, cc, subject and body of the email slightly to reflect the
topic of the email.  However the bulk of the email remains the same.

The other day I was sending an email and had amended the template (not saved
as need to use the template again), and sent it out.  Whilst the to,cc and
subject fields were correct the text i had entered in the body of the email
had gone and other text had been entered and my signature had dissappeared
and my colleague's had appeared instead!?!?!

The only thing that springs to mind is that my laptop was running slow and I
did get a "system low on resources" message.  However I did not have any
extra additional applications open other than ones I normally use.  It
happened twice so I stopped using the templates and am now manually building
the email each time from blank.

Any suggestions as to what may had caused this?  the PC has been upgraded to
SP3 in the last month.

Publisher template for tri-fold poster boards
My kids have to make a couple of projects on presentation boards. The board's height is 36 inches. The width is 48 inches; the center section is 24, and each of the two side flaps, which fold in toward the middle, is 12 inches wide. Is there a special template for this? You would need a printer that could print something that large.................... -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "jsg_019" <jsg_019@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3C1C4DB-D94F-4CFD-9969-905D959E770F@microsoft.com... > My kids have to make a couple of projects on p...

Summing instances of text across worksheets
Hello, I have a workbook with separate sheets for each month. The sheets contain a list client names (entered exactly the same on each sheet). I need to summarize how many times a client name appears in total. For example, John Brown may appear Jan & Feb (=2) where Mary Brown may appear Jul, Sep, Dec (=3). I've been trying pivot tables without luck. Hoping someone can help. Thanks in advance! Never mind, I consolidated all the worksheet data into one and the pivot table works fine. Thanks anwyay! "George" wrote: > Hello, I have a workbook with separate sheets fo...

Find feature does not work with HTML messages (Content-type: text/html)
I have Outlook 2000 SP-3 running under Windows ME. When using the Find feature to locate all e-mails with a given word in the message, no items are found if the e-mails are of "text/html" content-type. The Find feature appears to work for any messages that have URLs embedded and are "multipart/alternative" or "text/plain" content-type. I noticed a similar post several months ago (see http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23qSBYIssDHA.2224%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl). Is there a work-around for this problem, or should this be reported t...

Excel should default to autoformat for chart text boxes
Excel in (Office 2003 and as far as I can tell all previous versions of Excel) should default to autoformat for chart text boxes - it currently selects "none" for outline and background options ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

Need help extracting text from EDLs
I really am trying to learn this stuff, but I haven't programmed anything since my TRS-80 Basic days and I'm a bit overwhelmed. I want to extract text from Edit Decision Lists so that I have a list of shots used in a film. Here is an example of one event of an EDL: 002 TAPE004 V C 04:45:22:06 04:45:24:14 02:00:08:00 02:00:10:08 FROM CLIP NAME: 7C-4_B_ DLEDL: PATH: /raids/luc_1/bun/reel_02/oscans/1222/bun_7c_4_b_02/2048x1556/ The text that follows "FROM CLIP NAME:" is the name of the clip that I want to extract so that I have a document on onl...

Difference between XML templates and Active Reports
Why does RMS use XML templates (for receipts and P.O.s) and for most other reports Active Reports? I realize that the XML receipts can not be changed or resorted on the preview screen, but why use not all active reports? Active reports are based on formating the results of a SQL Query - if you can work out the SQL to get the result set you want, you can create almost any report you want. The XML Templates are based on objects internal to RMS, like the current transaction for reciept printing, the active PO or Transfer request for PO prining, or a given customer for Statements. Y...

Automatically display set text based on users composition
Hi, im trying to do something really simple, trouble is i dont know what the feature's called to be able to search for tips on how to do it. Basically in outlook messages, when a user begins writing a sentence e.g. "in the terms of" i need a tag to pop up that allows the user to press enter and then the remainder of what they will want to type in will be inserted in, its a yellow tag that comes up above the words. i dont know where it needs to be created and enabled. Cheers, Rhys. ...

Text-To-Columns Fixed Width
When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fixed Width criteria and PRE-assigns the width. In most of the cases I work with Excel is wrong 99% of the time. Is there a way to force Excel to NOT pre-assign the width (leave everything blank)? On the first panel of the wizard click Delimited, then on the second panel click space as the delimiter. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 4, 12:50=A0am, TP <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fix= ed > Width ...

when I type a long number it shows up as smaller number and +
when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers get condensed into a smaller number with a letter, a plus sign and another number. example: 100020013120 turns into 1.0002E+11. Any way to get rid of this? Thanks, Yes, just specify the format that you want. Format Cells...>Number>0 decimal places Regards, Fred "SandyC" <SandyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA52E426-360E-4BE5-B63B-1209E673CA65@microsoft.com... > when converting from xls to csv format, some of my longer mortgage numbers > get conde...

Code to send SMS text message?
Hi, I would like to send an SMS text message to a cel phone via code within Excel 2007. Has anyone done this? What code / services / products do I need to accomplish this? Does anyone have an example? Thanks in advance. --Dan What gateway are you using? What you would need to do is to snd a internet message to a gateway provider which would then send the messae out on the wireless land. Most likely you are using a webpage interface from your PC to interface with the gateway. So opening up an internet explorer and goiong to an URL is probably the method to use. ...

PA Cost Categories should allow multiple transaction usage types
When creating new cost categories, in a real life project accounting or job cost environment, most clients don't want all their cost categories to be different. You should be able to say when setting up a cost category that you want that cost category to be able to be used as a Timesheet AND Purchases/Materials, you should be able to pick one or many of the usage types. I currently have a client that had to implement 2 million cost categories to get around this product limitation and there is not one good business reason why the software wouldn't allow this! Please place this...

Access 2007 Rich Text Question 04-28-07
Hi All In the plan text version of a Memo field you can easily add a date by pressing Ctrl+Colon which makes life easy for the end user. However, if the Memo field is set to the Rich Text Property this no longer works. Or am I missing something? Tom gave me a part answer last week but I cannot see a way of inserting a date on a Rich Text Memo field by using keystrokes Thanks ...

Sent E-Mail
Each E-Mail I send goes to the intenden recipient, but a copy of the sent message also goes to my in-bax each time. How can I prevent this from happening? Thank you in advance. ...

Text box and formatting?
I am working on class schedule and have one text box which spans a few pages. Pages are double columns. I have a header for each class and paragraph given for class description. On the last page, last column, one description appears at the top with empty space for the rest of the column. I would like to change the formatting of the text in the whole text-box so that most of the last column is used. I can select the text in the text box which expands over the few pages and play with the font size, but that would mean that all the text would be the same size. Is there a way that text...

How do I use text in a cell as a range name in a formula
If cell A1 had the text TEST in it and TEST is the name I have given to a group of cells using the name box what formula can I use to give me the sum of TEST, thats is the sum of the cells in the group called TEST. I understand that I can simply have =SUM(TEST), but I want the formula to refer to Cell A1 to get the name ie =SUM(A1) doesn't work obviously Any help appreciated Thank you In this case, you want to use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =SUM(INDIRECT(A1)) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Kiwi" &...

Msg: You are about to append.....
Access 2007 - - I have a tblLog that at the opening and closing of the main form gets written to with the date and time. I have set warnings unchecked in Access Options. All is well UNTIL I convert it to an MDE, then I get the message about appending when I open or close the main form, and ONLY the main form. No other table writes trigger the warning msg. Any ideas? Here is the code in the form's load event: 'DoCmd.SetWarnings = False (I tried adding this and it triggered an error msg) strsql = "INSERT INTO tblLog (LogonTime) values( Now() )" DoCmd.RunS...

How to type subscript and superscript in excel sheet
Hi Can anybody suggest me how to type the subscript and superscript in excel sheet?????????????????? Hi select the characters in the formula bar and goto 'Format - Cells' "Desh" wrote: > Hi > Can anybody suggest me how to type the subscript and superscript in excel > sheet?????????????????? > IF you do this a lot, John Walkenbach's free SuperSub add-in makes it much easier (it's included in his commercial PUP v5 add-in, as well): http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/supersub.htm In article <E060E171-0622-4DB1-8734-3B4727A3FF4E@microsoft.com&...

VSS and Snapshots/Clones log purging and mixing backup types
I would really appreciate if anyone could answer the following questions for me as we are looking into the use of iSCSI block storage and snapshot technology: 1. Is a snapshot capable of being rolled forward in the event of a DB failure/corruption to provide a no-loss restore in the event of DB corruption? 2. Can a snapshot be mounted into an RSG? 3. Can agent based conventional backups be mixed with VSS backups? 4. If snapshotting is used how are log files purged? 5. As snapshots are deltas are backed up clones required in order to protect from disk failures? The original data needs to b...

wrapping text in a query field
I set up the field in table to memo and tried entering a lot of information but when I open the report that field does not expand to show all of the entries. Can this be done in query and reports both. Thanking you in advance. Mary Lou On Dec 12, 12:06 pm, MaryLou <Mary...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up the field in table to memo and tried entering a lot of information > but when I open the report that field does not expand to show all of the > entries. Can this be done in query and reports both. > > Thanking you in advance. > Mary Lou Go to the p...

Pasting "Character Spacing" adjusted text
Our church office secretary has the Bible on a CD in a Word document. They have used Format>Font>Character Spacing>Position >Raised>by 2.5 rather than "Suberscript" for all the verse numbers. Is there a way to Copy the text and paste it into Publisher to maintain the appearance of the raised verse numbers? I do not see the Character Spacing formatting features in Publisher. We are using Office 2002. Jim wrote: > Our church office secretary has the Bible on a CD in a Word document. > They have used Format>Font>Character Spacing>Position >Raised>...

Publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files in a mail m.
I am a student who is learning MS Publisher 2003. In mail merges, publisher does not recognize tab-delimited text files. If you try to mail merge with a tdt file, the data appears as one column entry, making it impossible to sort by separate fields or insert separte fields as a formally formatted address block. Converting the file to a comma-delimited text file (comma separated values) solves the problem. The fields appear separately as they should in the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box, so that you can sort by separate fields and then set up a properly formatted address block. Pl...

sent messages remains in outbox
Hello, I have a user who when sending a message in Outlook 2003 will occasionally have a problem where the message doesn't leave the Outbox. She'll send the message, close Outlook and shut down her computer for the night. When she comes back in the following morning and opens Outlook, the message is still in the outbox. Any ideas on what might be happening? Oulook connects to a pop based mail server. We don't use Exchange. Thanks, Rod It's Outlook 2002 (XP) not 2003. > Hello, > > I have a user who when sending a message in Outlook 2003 will occasionally &g...

Create a textbox that displays a list of possible items as we type
Hi All, Is it possible to display a list once user starts typing a word in vba? For eg, I have a userform connected to access database(I can already pull info from access, based on what user inputs in ID field), So Once a user starts typing in a text box, lets say User Name textbox, a list of users is displayed (something like google search, we start writing in the search bar and it suggests us what we might want based on what text we input) SO if I type in "A" in User Name text box, I get all the names starting with "A" such as: Name: [ A.... ] ...

viewing deleted items that are outgoing "sent" messages
Version: 2004 Processor: Power PC Hi: I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming messages, but the outgoing messages or "sent" messages have completely disappeared. Can someone please advise on how I can fix this? Thank you. Diana "Diana_Kim@officeformac.com" wrote: > I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until > recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming > messages, but the outgoing...

worksheets vs. templates
Hello, I am an excel newbie. I am using Excel 2000 and cannot find any templates installed on the system which I am using (which is a public system that I do not own). I would like to know what the difference is between an excel worksheet and an excel template. Thanks, John Goche A template is a workbook that you can use to create a certain look and feel for specific tasks, and when you open that template a new workbook is added with all of its attributes. -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "John Goche" <johngoche99@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:...