MS Outlook 2003 - "Open in Microsoft Excel 11"

Using Outlook 2003, I have an excel table in an email.  Trying to get "Open
in Microsoft Excel 11" by right clicking. Not working on current computer.
Worked fine on previous computer.  How do I activate this feature?

This is taken from "A guide to Microsoft office 2003",

"Open in Microsoft Excel 11 command   Starts Excel and opens the spreadsheet
data from an e-mail in a workbook. Found in the menu displayed by
right-clicking the spreadsheet data in an e-mail."

I really appreciate your help!  This is a frustrating conundrum!
Thanks, Sonya

0
sonya

"sonya" <travel.the.www@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Using Outlook 2003, I have an excel table in an email.  Trying to get "Open
> in Microsoft Excel 11" by right clicking. Not working on current computer.
> Worked fine on previous computer.  How do I activate this feature?

What's the difference between the previous computer and this one?

When you right-click the file do you see the Open With selection?  If so,
hover over it and click Choose Program.  Check the box labeled :Always use the
selected program..."  Click Browse and browse to the folder containing
EXCEL.EXE (it should be C:\Program Files\Microsoft Offoice\Office11), select
EXCEL.EXE and click Open.  Click OK.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

MS Outlook 2003
Using Outlook 2003, I have an excel table in an email. Trying to get "Open in Microsoft Excel 11" by right clicking. Not working on current computer. Worked fine on previous computer. How do I activate this feature? This is taken from "A guide to Microsoft office 2003", Open in Microsoft Excel 11 command Starts Excel and opens the spreadsheet data from an e-mail in a workbook. Found in the menu displayed by right-clicking the spreadsheet data in an e-mail. Thanks, Sonya Is MS Excel 2003 installed? cf. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/...

MS Outlook 2003
Using Outlook 2003, I have an excel table in an email. Trying to get "Open in Microsoft Excel 11" by right clicking. Not working on current computer. Worked fine on previous computer. How do I activate this feature? This is taken from "A guide to Microsoft office 2003", Open in Microsoft Excel 11 command Starts Excel and opens the spreadsheet data from an e-mail in a workbook. Found in the menu displayed by right-clicking the spreadsheet data in an e-mail. Thanks, Sonya Please learn how to crosspost instead of multi-posting. Multiposting vs Cro...

MS Outlook 2003
Using Outlook 2003, I have an excel table in an email. Trying to get "Open in Microsoft Excel 11" by right clicking. Not working on current computer. Worked fine on previous computer. How do I activate this feature? This is taken from "A guide to Microsoft office 2003", "Open in Microsoft Excel 11 command Starts Excel and opens the spreadsheet data from an e-mail in a workbook. Found in the menu displayed by right-clicking the spreadsheet data in an e-mail." I really appreciate your help! This is a frustrating conundrum! Thanks, Sonya &qu...