Moving tasks in any order we want them in

We are currently using Outlook 2000 for Windows.  We wish to move tasks in
any order as we see fit using drag and drop.  We have read newsgroup
messages that imply that some Outlook versions or packages have drag and
drop ordering of tasks.  Which versions of Outlook for windows have this
feature?

0
isp (3)

I don't know of any versions of Outlook that have this feature.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003
Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003
Lead Author, Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference

***Please post all replies to the newsgroups***

"Microsoft News" <isp@isp.com> wrote in message
> We are currently using Outlook 2000 for Windows.  We wish to move tasks in
> any order as we see fit using drag and drop.  We have read newsgroup
> messages that imply that some Outlook versions or packages have drag and
> drop ordering of tasks.  Which versions of Outlook for windows have this
> feature?

0
patriciac (522)
5/6/2004 3:43:18 PM
Go to View | Current View | Customize Current View and remove all sorting
and grouping. You should then be able to drag and drop within the Tasks
folder list.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Microsoft News" <isp@isp.com> wrote in message
> We are currently using Outlook 2000 for Windows.  We wish to move tasks in
> any order as we see fit using drag and drop.  We have read newsgroup
> messages that imply that some Outlook versions or packages have drag and
> drop ordering of tasks.  Which versions of Outlook for windows have this
> feature?

0
suemvp (4038)
5/6/2004 4:11:12 PM
"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
> Go to View | Current View | Customize Current View and remove all sorting
> and grouping. You should then be able to drag and drop within the Tasks
> folder list.

Bingo!

0
isp (3)

Create a reusable series of scheduled tasks
When an employee leaves our company, there are a number of things that need to happen, some of which occur on a timeline. For example, they give notice. On the morning of their last day, I disable their alarm code..during the day I setup changes to voicemail and email processing...at end of day I flip the switch on the voicemail and email changes and disable/change usernames/passwords for various systems...at one month I delete their mailbox...etc, etc, you get the idea. I'd like a way to create a workflow or a series of reminders, tasks, whatever...so when, for example, an emplo...

Move Information Store
How do you move the information store on an Exchange 03 server? On the 5.5 server you could run the "optimizer" and relocate the information store. Is there a way to do this with o3? tia This should help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF001.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "smw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:612501c42e27$172305f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you move the information store on an Exchange 03 > server? On the 5.5 server you could run the "op...

Is there any way to Archive Events and Tasks older than 6/1/02 in Outlook XP when...............
Is there any way to Archive Events and Tasks older than 6/1/03 in Outlook XP when the modified date is 8/26/03? I really want to remove these older items either by archiving or deleting and I don't want to do it one at a time manually. Is ther no feature or add on program that will do this? Thanks in advance!!! Regards, Steve B. PaceMkrRepREMOVE_NO_SPAM@Hotmail.com Outlook's autoarchive will use the modified date. You could use Import and Export from the File menu and Export to a PST file specifying a filter to use desired property; but then you'd have to manually delete the ite...

SOP
Does anybody know of a 3rd party tool or a GP module that can do sales order scheduling - ie. using some kind of intelligent logic that looks at the requested ship date and the availability of items, generates a list of orders that can / should ship now (giving priority to orders w/ earlier ship dates). (Kind of a reverse PO Generator). We process 50 - 100 orders a day, and have 500 - 1000 open orders in the system at any given time (some dated months in the future). Right now, we are often stuck checking line by line whether an order can ship complete ... Thx in advance for any he...

How can i move the Winsxs folder
Hi all, We have a windows 2008 server (not a dc) running exchange 2007. All databases and log files are on the d and e drives. We have a 40 GB C parition with a windows folder of 18 GB, 3 Gb in Software Distribution and 9 GB in Winsxs. Is there a safe Microsoft approach for moving these folders to a different partition or reducing the size. I have found a few things on Google but none of them are approved by MS. thanks Stef Hello stef, No, you have leave the folder where it is. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

one column market word but i want this word i want right column
i want urangt ans you will need to give slighty more information if you would like some help. vaibhav wrote: >i want urangt ans -- Matt Lynn Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/201005/1 ...

swingers wanted
swingers wanted www.sasteam.us/bullet/index.html ...

do not want to synch with exchange server sbs2003
Hi! I have a email box and all my mails are downloaded to my local .pst file when i click send/receive button. I have one copy on the server and one on my local drive. I want to disable the sync/downloading of mails to local drive/pst-file. I only want to have the mails on the server? I use: Outlook 2003, exchange account type. Have unmarked, Use cashed mode. And default dilevery box is my exchange mailbox. exchange server and SBS2003. cortez <soresm@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a email box and all my mails are downloaded to my local .pst > file when i click send/receive b...

auto subtract order taken from supply table
I am new to access and I really need some help. I have two tables, order table and supply table. Each table has an order form and a supply form respectively. This database is use to collect supply items and the order form is to record who collects the items from supply. Everything runs fine expect that when an item is removed from the order table it does not auto subtract from the quantity field of the supply table. The supply table has InventoryID, CategoryName and Quantity. Whereas, the Order table has InventoryID, CategoryName and Quantity Out. I will like to have an update query t...

Moving email from one computer to another
How do I transfer email folders from outlook in one computer to outlook in another computer? Thanks in advance Export all your messages to a .pst file from outlook and then import them on the other from that same .pst file. File / Import Export Wizard / Export to a file / Select Personal Folder File ..pst / Select which folder has your mail / Pick the location and the name of the backup file / Then click on FINISH. I hope this helps Thanks "Mickey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022f01c3c9ac$1a01a860$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I transfer e...

Transfer Order to Invoice
I have an order with 10 line items. I am using a seperate fulfilment method. I have stock for all 10 line items. All of the inventory is allocated. I need to ship one line item ASAP. I fulfill that line item but when I transfer all of the line items transfer to the invoice but are unfulfilled. In version 9.0 only the line item fulfilled tranferred and other remained on the order. Is this a change in 10.0 and how do I get around it. The user does not want to have to create another order which would be a lot of work when it used to work the way they needed it to work. Any suggest...

VBA moving and adding data
I have this appliaction that spits out a format that is not usable for me, but with some minor changes it would be good to go. I just don't know how the code would work. here is what part of my file looks like: ColumnA Coulmn B Column C Column D FAULT F02 8 PILLAR 3018169.273 492458.0997 -9771.365343 3017502.798 493106.6833 -8696.365343 3016836.323 493755.2668 -7621.365343 3016169.848 494403.8503 -6546.365343 3015503.373 495052.4339 -5471.365343 Here is what I would like it to look like: ColumnA ...

move from 2000 cluster to 2003 stand alone
I have an exchange 2000 cluster running and need to move from that to a 2003 stand alone server. I need to get explicit details on should I use 2003 advanced or just standard? Mirror 2 drives and raid 5 the rest? Installation of exchange, how to's for the adding of the new server and the exchange install itself? Moving mailboxes should be straightforward. Do I need internal mx records or just to update external records? How will the email hit the new server? I then need to know how to remove the old cluster after this is all done. The domain is windows 2003 and then just some membe...

CRM Moving Sql Server 2000 to 2005 (Database and report) new Serve
Hi, I'm working to move sql server 2000 to sql server 2005 on a new server. CRM 3 is installed on one server and Sql 2005 and Reporting Service on an other server. I backuped and restored the database succefully. But I have an issue when I produce reports. On some reports, I have the graphic with fields where "#Error" is display. Any idea? Thanks David ...

Timesheet task updates and notifications not coming through
We are using MSP Server 2007 with Timesheets and have installed a third-party Single Tied Mode. We have one resource that task updates and email notifications of the updates are not being sent throught to PMs when saved. However, the timesheet can be submitted, apporved, and reviewed - but no task updates come through to the task approval page. Another issue is that the timesheet errors when the resource updates the remaining work field - timesheet fails in the queue. We have verified the resources' security and authentication settings. This occurs on any PC the resoruce ...

Out of nowhere, .msi wants to install!!!
Hello- I have Money 2002 OEM with a HP Pavilion (Win XP), and all of a sudden, it wants to install using the incredibly annoying *.msi (in this case money.msi), and I have to hit it about 20 times before it stops and (sometimes) Money installs. Since it's OEM, I can't reinstall using a disk which would make life simple- anybody have a suggestion? Thanks Steve C In addition, when .msi asks for the Money 2002 CD (which I don't have, thank you HP) and I hit cancel, I get the following message: Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product Microsoft Money 2002. T...

How do I prevent pictures form moving when adding text?
Right click the picture, format picture, Layout tab, Object position, change to exact. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peggy" <Peggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA35218F-D1FA-4691-B01E-3D50B2AF3FA9@microsoft.com... > Is there a way when inserting pictures and clipart of have them all wrap the way you want when you bring them in. Some option or setup or something for when you insert pictures? Everytime I insert pictures I need to change the wrap. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > Right click the picture, format picture, Layout t...

I want to mark a NG post to follow-up
Quite often I see a post that I would like to mark somehow so that when I open the NG in a day or 2 I can easily find that post and view any replies. At the moment the best I can do is scroll down all the posts until I find the one I want. Not very good. Is ther a way to set-up a post so it is easily found or perhaps only marked posts appear first when connecting to that NG. I use Outlook Express 6. regards PeterH Just solved it with "Watch/Ignore" "PeterH" <reply to newsproup@NOSPAM.net> wrote in message news:5DGFc.77185$sj4.47184@news-server.bigpond.net.au...

I want to set a customized default to print envelopes..
I would like to know if anyone has set customized setting to print envelopes. So it will not print in a bin but on the default bin of the printer and be manually fed... Prior to 2003 the supervisor was able to just select envelope and it would want to be manually feed and print to the default bin... and not cause everything else to print to the default. ...

Sort numbers with text in ascending order
I am having a difficult time sorting the following list: MY List How Excel Sorts I Need 2148-00 1472-00 171B-00 1480C-00 1480B-00 171C-00 1480B-00 1480C-00 1472-00 1472-00 171B-00 2148-00 171C-00 171C-00 1480B-00 171B-00 2148-00 1480C-00 I have tried formatting numbers as text and other options. I am at my wits end now. Is this sort even possible? Please help. Tania TVOUK Where is the logic to your sort please? If you can identify that then a sort may be possible! ...

Move workstations to new domain
I have some Windows XP & Vista workstations that I need to remove from a windows 2003 SBS domain and join them to a new Windows 2008 SBS domain. Is there an way to keep their existing user profile after I join the workstions to the new domain so their desktop settings, favorites and applications look and work the same. The original SBS 2003 server died before I was able to do A migration. Regards Mark Hi Mark: There is a third party app that will move these settings, but it is not free, and for a small domain I would do it manually. I have seen a manual move work a...

schedulled task never ends launchning a batch
Hi, I use a batch like @echo off start engine.exe /I1 exit and schedule the batch. When executed manually the batch is executed, cmd.exe closes down. When the batch is executed by the 2008 scheduler the cmd.exe is never closing down. Any clue? -- PeterKou ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PeterKou's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/239557.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1350442.htm http://forums.techarena.in "PeterKou" <PeterKou.4dgs9a@DoNotSpam.com> w...

Critical Path vs. Partially Complete Tasks
Hi MSP gurus, I found the following post in another forum (forums.cnet.com) - unfortunately without an answer. I guy named smagma asked: "Is there a way to force MS Project (2003) to calculate the Critical Path from Remaining Work instead of Total Work? If I have 5 tasks ordered by precedence, and one in the middle is 50% complete, the final delivery date should not include time of the completed portion. Similarly, is there a way to force all incomplete work to be automatically pushed to out to the future?" I think it's an interesting question since this issue w...

Purchase orders
Is there any way to have purchase orders print size matrixe horizontally instead of vertically? I can place an order for fiv style of shoes and the PO will be four pages long because of th large number of different sizes in the matrix. If the size matri could print horizontally, the PO would be about a third of a singl page. I'm talking about Quicksell. But what about RMS also? Do you need t buy a third party program for another $1,000 to make this happen ...

Why Excel process is still there on Task Manager list
Hi all, My project is about pick up info from individual workbook, and merge the info into a new workbook. But in the end of code, even I set nothing to workbook and application object, but the Excel process is still there, but the way the open and close procedure is very slow, is there any way to expedite it? Dim SrcWrk As Workbook Dim DstWrk As Workbook Dim app As New Application DstWrk = app.Workbooks.Add() For Each File As String In Directory.GetFiles(Me.SrcDir, "*.xls", System.IO.SearchOption.AllDirectories) ...