Moving Sent Items to a different folder

Hi,

I was trying to create a rule so that whenever I send mails to a
particular person, the sent mail is moved from "Sent Items" folder to a
different folder.

eg: - Whenever I send mails to abc@xyz.com, move the sent mail from
"Sent Item" folder to "MyFolder".

I tried to create a rule for this, but I couldnt find any obvious
methods to do this. Could someone help me please?

Thanks,
Dipu

Try this:
- turn off the option to move all sent items to the Sent Items folder
- create your rules to copy items when they're sent
- create a final catch-all rule (a rule with no selection criteria) that
moves any sent items not previously copied to the Sent Items folder

"Dipu Jose" <dipu.kuttan@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to create a rule so that whenever I send mails to a
> particular person, the sent mail is moved from "Sent Items" folder to a
> different folder.
>
> eg: - Whenever I send mails to abc@xyz.com, move the sent mail from
> "Sent Item" folder to "MyFolder".
>
> I tried to create a rule for this, but I couldnt find any obvious
> methods to do this. Could someone help me please?

0
vince8328 (2733)

Item information
Item details in SO and HQ applications on shows Description (30 Characters) Due to the restriction in lenght, it becomes a timely process to lookup items (particularly non barcoded) for purhcase orders and indeed many other areas of the programs. An easy addition would be to have the ability to choose extra fields to display the extended description and Sub 1,2,3 and Unit of Measure. This would allow item referencing to become easy and time saving. This has been my most required component from clients - partularly in the Fine Wine Sector. Naturally this would also be of benifit to al...

Problem with linked files and embeded objects in OE items
People, Has anybody stumbled upon a problem when you link a file to an OE 2002 item or embed an object in it and then when you double click it from within the item nothing happens. Thank you Do you mean Outlook or Outlook Express? OE = Outlook Express but there isn't a v2002. if you mean Outlook and are referring to tasks and other special item types, it's a known problem. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exch...

Move Items from MB to PF in OWA
Hi When I try to move an item from my privat mailbox to a public folder in owa (exchange 2003), I receive the following error: Moving or copying items between Exchange servers is not supported. In the KB article 260569, my problem is described, but no solution to fix it! Can somebody helps my with this? Thanks & regards, Phil On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:00:25 -0700, "Phil H." <PhilH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >When I try to move an item from my privat mailbox to a public folder in owa >(exchange 2003), I receive the following error: > >Moving or...

Excel 2007
I can't select a label and move it with a radar chart and excel 2007. Whenever I click a category label, all the labels are selected as well as the chart, so it's not possible to move one individually. ...

Archiving sent messages in Outlook express
When I save my sent outlook express messages to another folder for archiving it seems that the person to whom I sent the message is not saved. It saves the sent by whom data i.e. me but not to whom it was sent (although of course this is in the original message). There is no point archiving sent messages if you cant lsit them by "sent". How do I get around this , many thanks Hi, Dave - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will p...

Having 3 .set files with different ISV's and custom form modifications
Currently we have 2 seperate SQL instances for 2 different environments. We want to be able to create one environment that has 3 companies, with one .set file with customizations, and alot of ISV's; one company with customizations and 2 ISV's; and create one new company with a plain vanilla GP only 2 ISV's no customizations; We currently have the 2 instances with the first 2 set up that way and now looking to consolidate into one environment with the company dropdowns together. Will this be a pain to manage or is it even possible?? ...

messages received show incorrect time in time sent
when I receive messages from people in the same country are showing the time sent as 8 or 9 hours before the actual time sent . Does anyone know how I can reconfigure outlook to remedy this? admulley <admulley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when I receive messages from people in the same country are showing > the time sent as 8 or 9 hours before the actual time sent . Does > anyone know how I can reconfigure outlook to remedy this? It may not be your problem at all, but theirs. Have you examined the time stamps in the headers? -- Brian Tillman ...

keeping/storing outlook 2007 emails inbox and sent
1. most people get and send many emails 2. after sometime you find that the ealier ones are not so hot now, and you woud like to keep them in a handy place in case a point is to be rechecked, or an email date to be reconfirmed 3. in your opinion what is a simple way to do this, and how should those folders be named? this aplies to both coming in and sent out 4. categories could be first in email on a particular project in the subject say 9854b 5. futher break this as same project, but the same senders for in-mail same for sent to a particular person on a particular projec...

Contacts not receiving messages sent from Outlook 2007
I installed the complete Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 Suite for a board member of my non-profit organization. As a community liaison, she has a very extensive list of contacts, both private and governmental. We have noted that she has sent certain e-mail messages, some with and some without attachments. Many of her contacts, myself included, have either not received some of these messages or in some different separate instances, the contacts cannot open the attachments which are primarily Word or Publisher documents. I have configured the e-mail account to work from her ISP&...

Hotmail will not receive/display messages sent from GMX or Yahoo
Messages sent from a GMX or Yahoo account using Windows Live Mail will not be received/displayed in Hotmail's inbox. However, if they are sent using Outlook Express, they are successfully received and displayed. Also, a message sent from G-Mail using Windows Live Mail (or Outlook Express) will work fine. Very unusual! When you say "Hotmail inbox" do you mean the one on the web or the one in your Windows Live Mail? Are the missing messages not visible in either location? Hotmail has very stringent (some would say 'draconian') spam filtering. It is not ...

Public folder access problem #2
Hello, Don't know if this is an Exchange or Outlook problem, sorry for posting in both groups :-) Exchange Enterprise Edition 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2 in Windows XP SP2, 1.000 users and public folders. Until yesterday a user was able to access a public folder; tree is : \Public folders\All Public Folders\Department\Incoming Mail \Public folders\All Public Folders\Department\Outgoing Mail Then suddenly this user does not see the content of the Department folder nor the subfolders. When you click on the Department folder properties, summary tab, you see this user has the Reviewer role. ...

Cannot get emails back from Deleted Items folder
Outlook 2003 After deleting an email, I normally can move the email from the Deleted Items folder back to my Inbox. Or after deleting, I can Undo and it restores the email back to its original folder. Now, for some unknown reason, the Deleted Items folder will not let go of emails. I tried moving, clicking and dragging, and undoing, but they are stuck in the Deleted Items folder. All I can do to survive is copy them back. Any solution to this? how 'full' is the deleted folder and the folder you want to move them back into? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself ...

Categories not saved for sent/replied/forwarded messages (O2K7)
Dear, I don't know if this is a normal behavior of the program, a missconfiguration, ignorance, or something that can be repaired... That's it: On a shared mailbox, or my own mailbox. I assign a color category to a received e-mail message, and when I reply /reply all/ forward to that e-mail, and I look to the Sent Items folder, the color category has not been saved. Platform: Microsoft Office System - Professional Plus: Outlook 2007, on Windows XP Service Pack 2. Does anybody know something about this? I think that by default there's a Rule that strips categories from ...

Move Exchange server
Can someone point me to a KB article that covers the steps that need to be taken to move an exchange server to a different OU. I understand that the System Attendant service must be restarted. Unless I have microsoft documentation stating that it's O.K. to move the OU, I won't be able to do it. Thank you! On Tue, 17 May 2005 05:58:07 -0700, "Exchange help" <Exchangehelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can someone point me to a KB article that covers the steps that need to be >taken to move an exchange server to a different OU. I understand that the &...

Sent Items disappeared
Hi We are running Outlook 2003, not in cached exchange mode, running on Terminal Server. We have one user who has lost 4 days of sent items from her email. I have checked that the user hasn't deleted the emails and can see them in message tracking on the exchange server. (Exchange 2003 SP2) Any ideas as to why this would happen? Thanks in advance We are having the same problem. Archiving is not set on that folder and her sent emails keep disappearing. Had any luck with the solution yet? "Darren97" wrote: > Hi > > We are running Outlook 2003, not in cached excha...

can't sent email
I use Outlook 2003. I have a paid ISP. I never had a problem till I installed Norton Internet Security; afterwhich I could download but not send. Turning off NIS personal firewall helped for a bit, but not for long. Somehow it got fixed. (???) Recently my hard drive crashed and I put a new one in. Since then I can download email, but cannot send it. It stays in the Outbox. I have tried Help, I have made sure my settings are the same as all the other computers in the network. I know others have had this problem, but I have not seen a solution that works. Thanks, pgregg Turn off AV sca...

Missing items on Stock Count
I have a handful of items that are not showing up on my stock count entry. The items have a zero quantity on hand, item type is sales inventory, and they do not have a lot or serial number. These items have been on the stock count before. Why are they not showing up now? Do you reuse your stock counts or create them each time? Do you have multiple sites defined? It is possible that the item/site record was deleted for one or more items at one or more sites. Use the Site Maintenance screen to assign all items to all sites (it does not over-write any existing data) and try to crea...

Making My Categories from Includes Folder
Okay not sure the subject line is right. I'm using a template and my categories are manually done. I had asked before if there was an easier way to do this and someone suggested that I make that part of my includes folder. Have no idea how to do that and wondered if someone could tell me. I'm really not good on html but am willing to try. Though I need an explanation that a someone who is not smarter than a 5th grader can understand :-) Linda www.firstinlinesoap.com ...

CListCtrl: Changing height of currently selected item?
What I want to do is a list like the one in Windows Control Panel -> Software, where the currently selected list item is shown with more detailed information. My core problem is: How to change the height of the currently selected list item so that more detailed information can be displayed? Any ideas how to realize this easily (i.e. apart from doing the *complete* drawing of the list items by myself using CustomDraw)? Thanks, Harald hi u give one image list to the list control with regards Harish "Harald Karner" <harald_karner@a1.net> wrote in message news:c12cv8$1...

Insufficient permissions to view contents of folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop After installing Leopard and then reinstalling Tiger, Entourage gives me the message &quot;You don't have sufficient permissions to view contents of this folder&quot;, but it does not say which folder. As root I've given myself ownership of all the folders and files in the Microsoft User Data folder and the Microsoft Entourage Archive folder in my home user documents folder, but the message still appears on launch of Entourage. What other folders does Entourage use? What do I need ...

Can an item in a CComboBox programatically hidden?
Hi, Is it possible to hide some items in a CCombox? Can CComboBox::SetItemHeight(0) or other functions serve this purpose? Say in different situations, I want to hide different sets of items, but still want all the items have consistent sequence indices. Is it possible? If I can populate the box with the same whole set of items, and simply hide items according to different situations, the code complexity can be greatly reduced. I use Component One's flexgrid control that has this feature. Often times, I just use one logic to deal with different, complex situations. Your advi...

how to copy conmanclient.exe and related files to the windows folder of device
I need to debug a winCE application over the ethernet using Visual Studio. I have connected to the device over the ethernet and now need to run conmanclient2.exe and cmaccept.exe before I can start debugging. However, I don't know how to copy these files over the ethernet. Please guide me. Thankyou! -- Message posted via http://www.pocketpcjunkies.com Remote File Viewer (Visual Studio Remote Tools from your start menu) -- Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded) lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com "amephraim via PocketPCJunkies.com" <u583...

How to format different odd and even margins
I need to have large margins on the outer margin so different for odd and even pages? any tips? In earlier versions of Word, there was a check box in Page Setup for "Mirror margins." In recent versions, that setting is under "Multiple pages" on the Margins tab of Page Setup. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "MaryE" <MaryE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5875EE50-EFB9-4C55-94A3-B7AB75B7C2CE@microsoft.com... >I need to have large margins on the out...

Sharing excel spreadsheets in public folders
I have put an excel spread sheet in our public folders , only a couple of people have permission to write to the spread sheet. If two of them open it at once a conflict error is thrown back. Is it possible to give the first person to open it write access - as would be the norm with excel? It seemed a simple solution as it allowed people from non trusted domains to view the file. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks is there just one public folder store or is is replicated to other servers? "ed" <eddie.meadows@ntlworld.com> wrote in news:1Lz3e.1036$DP.542@newsfe6...

Time Difference
Dear All, I have some doubt in Date & Time Format. I have some (time) appearing in a column in this format 7/17/2006 3:20:53 PM.. I need to have a conditional formatting for this in that column. Ie., if the time in the column is less than 20 minutes to the current time (ie.,now()) then it should change to some color. Any help in this regard. Rajkumar -- Rajkumar Eager to learn more about Excel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rajkumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2159 View this thread: http:/...