Moving outlook2003 data\calendar data from 1 xp laptop to another

I am new to outlook 2003 and need to move or migrate all of my outlook 2003
email data and calendar stuff off of one xp laptop and onto a new xp laptop.
My email server is Gordano.  Can some one provide the steps or process  I
need to go through in order to move the data with loosing it?  thanks in
advance.
--
TomL
0

TomL wrote:
> I am new to outlook 2003 and need to move or migrate all of my outlook 2003
> email data and calendar stuff off of one xp laptop and onto a new xp laptop.
> My email server is Gordano.  Can some one provide the steps or process  I
> need to go through in order to move the data with loosing it?  thanks in
> advance.

Find the .pst file in the first laptop and C:\Documents and
Settings\user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. Be
sure to unhide files before trying to find it. Copy it to external media
such as a flash drive or external hard drive. Paste it somewhere you
will remember in the new lap top. Open Outlook. Use File/Open/Outlook
Data File and navigate to where you pasted the copy. Open it. Copy
anything you want from the copied .pst file to Outlook. Close the copied
..pst file. Done.

Alias
0
Alias
7/23/2008 1:56:54 PM
Excellent instructions located here:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

--
Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"TomL" wrote:

> I am new to outlook 2003 and need to move or migrate all of my outlook 2003
> email data and calendar stuff off of one xp laptop and onto a new xp laptop.
> My email server is Gordano.  Can some one provide the steps or process  I
> need to go through in order to move the data with loosing it?  thanks in
> advance.
> --
> TomL
0
KOrland1 (1012)
7/23/2008 2:32:09 PM
Hi, Alias,

Thanks for the advice.  I found the archieve.pst file in the directory you
indicated on the C drive.  I also found a smaller file called extend.dat  Do
I need to move this file too or can I ignore it?  I also assume that I have
to go into start settings, control panel, mail and set up a matching user
profile o nthe new XP pc correct?

thank you.
--
TomL

"Alias" wrote:

> TomL wrote:
> > I am new to outlook 2003 and need to move or migrate all of my outlook 2003
> > email data and calendar stuff off of one xp laptop and onto a new xp laptop.
> > My email server is Gordano.  Can some one provide the steps or process  I
> > need to go through in order to move the data with loosing it?  thanks in
> > advance.
>
> Find the .pst file in the first laptop and C:\Documents and
> Settings\user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. Be
> sure to unhide files before trying to find it. Copy it to external media
> such as a flash drive or external hard drive. Paste it somewhere you
> will remember in the new lap top. Open Outlook. Use File/Open/Outlook
> Data File and navigate to where you pasted the copy. Open it. Copy
> anything you want from the copied .pst file to Outlook. Close the copied
> ..pst file. Done.
>
> Alias

0
TomL1 (8)
7/23/2008 2:41:02 PM
Hi, Kathleen,

Thank you very much.  This is just what I was looking for.
--
TomL

"K. Orland" wrote:

> Excellent instructions located here:
>
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
>
> --
> Kathleen Orland - MVP Outlook
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>

> "TomL" wrote:
>
> > I am new to outlook 2003 and need to move or migrate all of my outlook 2003
> > email data and calendar stuff off of one xp laptop and onto a new xp laptop.
> > My email server is Gordano.  Can some one provide the steps or process  I
> > need to go through in order to move the data with loosing it?  thanks in
> > advance.
> > --
> > TomL
0
TomL1 (8)
7/23/2008 3:13:01 PM
TomL wrote:
> Hi, Kathleen,
>
> Thank you very much.  This is just what I was looking for.

You don't want to use the import/export method but this one:

Restore manually

    1. Choose File-> Open-> Outlook Data File…
    2. Browse to the location where you’ve restored the pst file (D:\My
Documents\My Outlook\Temp)
    3. You’ll now see an additional set of folders added to your folder
list which you can expand. Expand the list and select the Inbox folder
    4. In this folder select the messages you want to restore to the
original Inbox folder
    5. Drag & drop them to the default Inbox folder
    6. Do the same for the Contacts folder. You might want to set your
view to a list view so you can easily select and move the items. To
change the view choose View-> Arrange By-> Category
    7. Now that the importing is complete right click the pst-file added
in step 2 and choose Disconnect
    8. Restart Outlook and remove the export.pst file from the Temp
directory if desired

Alias
0
Alias
7/23/2008 3:50:57 PM
TomL wrote:
> Hi, Alias,
>
> Thanks for the advice.  I found the archieve.pst file in the directory you
> indicated on the C drive.  I also found a smaller file called extend.dat  Do
> I need to move this file too or can I ignore it?

Ignore it.

> I also assume that I have
> to go into start settings, control panel, mail and set up a matching user
> profile o nthe new XP pc correct?
>
> thank you.

No, just open the copied .pst file and move whatever you want to the
default .pst file.

Alias
0
Alias
7/23/2008 3:52:22 PM
You can also use
Windows User State Migration Tool

--
�ukasz Olejnik
Netimpress.pl
>I am new to outlook 2003 and need to move or migrate all of my outlook 2003
> email data and calendar stuff off of one xp laptop and onto a new xp
> laptop.
> My email server is Gordano.  Can some one provide the steps or process  I
> need to go through in order to move the data with loosing it?  thanks in
> advance.
> --
> TomL

0
yole (6)
7/24/2008 4:41:48 AM
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, TomL asked:

| I am new to outlook 2003 and need to move or migrate all of my
| outlook 2003 email data and calendar stuff off of one xp laptop and
| onto a new xp laptop. My email server is Gordano.  Can some one
| provide the steps or process  I need to go through in order to move
| the data with loosing it?  thanks in advance.

0
Milly

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

2011 Calendar templates
what's up with the calendar templates? why can't i find a 2011 calendar in Word 2007 templates or online. i would like both a 12 month calendar 1 month per page and the 6 months per page Can anyone help me? Thresa See http://www.spreadsheetguys.com/downloads/templates/calendar or http://download.cnet.com/Excel-Calendar-Template/3000-2077_4-10346449.html -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com &quo...

OWA Calendar Views
I am hosting an Exchange 2003 SP1 server with many users connecting via OWA. Many of the users (including my boss) are not fond of the 7 day view and much prefer the 5 day "Work Week" view within Outlook. Are there any modules that I can load to implement this "Work Week" view within OWA? I am aware of the control click method in the OWA calendar but my boss does not like that solution. Thanks in advance, Nick ...

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

setpassword and xp styles?
Hello I have added manifest file and enabled xp styles in my application. Now, i have EDIT1 mapped to m_edt1 that have a password style. When the application runs, the password character shows as a nice graphical black dot. Now if i call: m_edt1.SetPasswordChar(0) in order to remove the password char. Then if I call setpasswordchar('*') the black dot char never returns... Any ideas how to swap between non password field to password field (with that nice black dot character) ? -- Elias "lallous" <lallous@lgwm.org> wrote in message news:OoraL8o9FHA.3592@TK2M...

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Outlook 2000 running on XP
After setting up a mail account and indicating that I want all passwords remembered I constantly get promoted to enter a password when I send and/or receive mail. I have clicked remember password in all dialoges during the setup process and via the Properties dialog following the creation of the account. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully accepted Thanks "Ross Andrews" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb4801c45886$24eab500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After setting up a mail account and indicating that I > want all passwords reme...

Macro