Moving Outlook to a new computer

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3E4B8.96F6FBF0

I have Outlook 2000 and I upgraded my computer.  I am running my email =
off a POP server.  How to I move all my Outlook settings, emails, =
address, to my new computer?
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3E4B8.96F6FBF0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have Outlook 2000 and I upgraded my=20
computer.&nbsp; I am running my email off a POP server.&nbsp; How to I =
move all=20
my Outlook settings, emails, address, to my new=20
computer?</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3E4B8.96F6FBF0--

0
djextra (4)

Jeff <djextra@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have Outlook 2000 and I upgraded my computer.  I am running my
> email off a POP server.  How to I move all my Outlook settings,
> emails, address, to my new computer?

Copy the PST file to a CD.  Put the CD in the new PC.  Copy the PST to a
folder on your hard drive and remove the Read-Only attribute.  Open the PST
(File>Open>Personal Folders File) in Outlook.  Make the PST your default
delivery location.  You're done.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
1/27/2004 3:46:05 PM
"Brian Tillman" <Tillman@sparkingwire.com> wrote in message
> Jeff <djextra@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have Outlook 2000 and I upgraded my computer.  I am running my
> > email off a POP server.  How to I move all my Outlook settings,
> > emails, address, to my new computer?
>
> Copy the PST file to a CD.  Put the CD in the new PC.  Copy the PST to a
> folder on your hard drive and remove the Read-Only attribute.  Open the
PST
> (File>Open>Personal Folders File) in Outlook.  Make the PST your default
> delivery location.  You're done.
> --

You might also want to export your account settings to a file 'cos they
aren't kept in the pst.

0
me9 (928)

------=_NextPart_000_011A_01C3E4EE.407DC700

Check out http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm
  "Jeff" <djextra@hotmail.com> wrote in message =
  I have Outlook 2000 and I upgraded my computer.  I am running my email =
off a POP server.  How to I move all my Outlook settings, emails, =
address, to my new computer?
------=_NextPart_000_011A_01C3E4EE.407DC700

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Check out <A=20
href=3D"http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm">http://www.slipstick.=
com/config/backup.htm</A></FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Jeff" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:djextra@hotmail.com">djextra@hotmail.com</A>&gt; wrote =
in message=20
  <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:OjGSoLO5DHA.2628@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl">news:OjGSoLO5DHA.2628=
@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl</A>...</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have Outlook 2000 and I upgraded my =

  computer.&nbsp; I am running my email off a POP server.&nbsp; How to I =
move=20
  all my Outlook settings, emails, address, to my new=20
computer?</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_011A_01C3E4EE.407DC700--

SBS08, interesting RWW Computer connection interruptions
I have just started to notice a strange difference between RWW on SBS 03 and SBS 08.... SBS 08 opens an SSL window that it states must remain open in order to keep your Computer/Server connection (remote desktop) remotely. By default, most firewall rules have a inactivity time-out period of XX minutes. In this case, the SSL window doesn't have any traffic once the RWW RDP session is created, at least none that I can see. So, unlike SBS 03, when you connect to a computer using RWW in O8, and the SSL timeout is set for 10 minutes on the firewall, you will be disconnected eve...

New server question
I just installed a new exchange server on my network and it seems to work great for reciving and sending external mail but the users on the old server can not send mail to users on the new server. They are both in the same domain. I have check the relay restrinctions and nothing pops out at me. users get an error that says: Relaying denied. Proper authentication required TIA these servers are in the same routing group? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:eICByC66FHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I just installed a new ex...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Sharing Outlook #2

new email notification doesn't work?
In Outlook 2003, I have the option set for the semi-transparent notification window to pop up when I get new email, but it never does. Is there something I'm not doing right? Does it only come up in certain situations? Btw, I'm using the regular Inbox with a POP3 account. -- John Salerno Do you have rules moving your email to folders after receipt? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searchi...

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Force new record
Hi, I am using a combo box on a main form to populate records in a subform. 1st of all, once a record has been populated i would like the focus to automatically jump to the new record line. 2nd How can I make the new record line on the subform have focus on openeing the database? Is this possible? Regards John Try the following in the Open event of the subform: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec End Sub -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "John" <johnlee2509@btopenwo...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

Promoting Email to CRM Activity in Outlook
Is there a way to associate an email to two accounts when promoting it to a CRM Activity? Lynn Lynn, if you'd like to link the email to multiple regarding objects, you're out of luck. Only one regarding object can be set, though the email will also be linked to all of the senders/recipients ('activity parties'). Ilana. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F78E3C-272A-4515-B393-38700C767B65@microsoft.com... > After you click the &qu...

Outlook 2002
We have a single user who is attaching multiple documents through DOCSOpen to an email message. If he saves this message so he can send it later, it will not send. He just hits the SEND button and nothing happens. According to him , this doesn't happen when he sends an email straight away. Only when it is saved. He has to restart his machine for the email to send. DOes anyone have any ideas? We are running XP with Office XP (2002-SP2) Thank you in advance ...

auto file path update when excel sheet moved to another directory.
Hello, I've been working on a huge excel file for a while and I'm trying to make it easier to use. My problem is that when it is moved from the template folder to a working folder the formulas referencing a file in the template folder have their path changed in the formula and have to have the links updated. Since the file is protected it's impossible for the users to chance the source. It's wierd because it will still pull information, but if information is changed in the external data file the updated doesn't get ported over. I need some like the $ command to ...

Hot to Stop Outlook 2007 Forcing Images to Bitmaps
Hello, How can Outlook 2007 be set to not convert images to bitmaps? I've just been upgraded to Office 2007 and am having problems with images in Outlook 2007 emails. In Office 2003 I could do up charts in Excel, then to a [Copy as Picture]|[As shown when printed], followed by a [Paste Special]|[Picture (Enhanced Metafile)] in Outlook emails. This would give me an identical image as the Excel chart pasted into the body of the email so people could see the chart as they read the email without clicking about with attachments. It worked great in 2003 and kept the size of the email...

New to Exchange Server. Help!
Exchange Server 2003. Dear group: I have installed Exchange Server on my new Windows 2003 Server. Now what? I have no documentation (none came with the Small Business Server 2003 Premium CDs that I could find). I need an administrator's guide with setup instructions. Let me vent somewhat . . . Why does Microsoft sell these products to small nonprofits like us and expect us to use them without some documentation? If I have missed something, please let me know. I will gladly eat crow. God bless and thanks for any help. -- Dr. Doug Pruiett Good News Jail & Prison Ministry...

Outlook 2003 and Vista Business??
When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I copy the link to IE7 theres is no problem. If the mail is HTML coded no problem occurs when I click the link. How come?? -- Regards Peter "Peter Jensen" <fup@snyd.dk> skrev i meddelelsen news:798D10C7-867F-4297-89C3-614510007FE0@microsoft.com... > When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search > function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I > copy the link to I...