Moving outlook data + accounts to another PC

I want to move my Outlook data, email accounts, and rules to a new PC.

The old PC has Outlook 2000 + Windows 2000. The new PC has Outlook 2003 + Windows XP. Neither will
use Exchange server.

I know that you can copy over the outlook.pst file, but presumably this won't hold my email
accounts. Also, I vagely remember that simply copying over the pst file can damage the profile.

0
Jay

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
Be aware if you wish to use the OL2003 format pst you will need to create a
new pst and copy data from old to new.
Accounts stored in the registry and not transferable (settings that is)

"Jay" <-> wrote in message news:%23TFtBJjBHHA.3836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> I want to move my Outlook data, email accounts, and rules to a new PC.
>
> The old PC has Outlook 2000 + Windows 2000. The new PC has Outlook 2003 +
Windows XP. Neither will
> use Exchange server.
>
> I know that you can copy over the outlook.pst file, but presumably this
won't hold my email
> accounts. Also, I vagely remember that simply copying over the pst file
can damage the profile.

0
DL
11/12/2006 11:33:53 AM
This seems like a bit of a limitation. Can't I copy something in the regestry?

"DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message news:eys2u5kBHHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
Be aware if you wish to use the OL2003 format pst you will need to create a
new pst and copy data from old to new.
Accounts stored in the registry and not transferable (settings that is)

"Jay" <-> wrote in message news:%23TFtBJjBHHA.3836@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> I want to move my Outlook data, email accounts, and rules to a new PC.
>
> The old PC has Outlook 2000 + Windows 2000. The new PC has Outlook 2003 +
Windows XP. Neither will
> use Exchange server.
>
> I know that you can copy over the outlook.pst file, but presumably this
won't hold my email
> accounts. Also, I vagely remember that simply copying over the pst file
can damage the profile.

0
Jay

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work