Moving my files to a new computer

So I've copied my old .pst file to my new computer, used Tools>options>mail
setup>data files to introduce outlook to it, and reset it to to default and
removed the old entry so there is just the one entry in the list. Both my
new and old outlooks are 2003.

So far so good and I can see my mail folders and contacts in the left hand
pane, *but* tools>address book is not showing any of my contact addresses,
nor will check names show them. Anyone know whay or can point me at an
article that tells me what to do?

Also, I have several email accounts is there an easy way of moving them from
the old to the new computer?

Thanks

Chris (tolgan)

0
tolgan1 (2)

Whenever you change your data file, you must reset the Outlook Address Book
Service to use it.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002

You can try Office's Save My Settings Wizard or Windows XP's Files and
Settings Transfer Wizard to move your account information. I don't recommend
either. I'd just recreate your account settings.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Tolgan" <tolgan@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
> So I've copied my old .pst file to my new computer, used
> Tools>options>mail setup>data files to introduce outlook to it, and reset
> it to to default and removed the old entry so there is just the one entry
> in the list. Both my new and old outlooks are 2003.
>
> So far so good and I can see my mail folders and contacts in the left hand
> pane, *but* tools>address book is not showing any of my contact addresses,
> nor will check names show them. Anyone know whay or can point me at an
> article that tells me what to do?
>
> Also, I have several email accounts is there an easy way of moving them
> from the old to the new computer?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris (tolgan)

0
russval1 (2100)
9/25/2005 3:07:12 PM
Thats done the trick many thanks!

> Whenever you change your data file, you must reset the Outlook Address
> Book Service to use it.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002

0
tolgan1 (2)

Problems installingOutlook 2002 on new computer
I just got a new computer at work and I'm trying to install Outlook 2002 so I can "Active Sync" my Ipaq 3800 w/ this new computer. Outlook 2002 seemed to installed just fine but when I try to open it, it tells me I need to create a user profile. I have done this about 10 times now and the system doesn't recognize any profiles. It also give a 2nd error message that says that "the server is not available". I am not trying to hook up to a server so I'm wondering if there is a setting somewhere that is incorrect and Outlook is looking for a server. Can a...

suggested ways to manipulate XML files in .Net?
Hi everyone, I'm going to manipulate some XML files in my next project-- crawl through the tags, compare if file X has the same nodes as file Y, and if not, what the differences are and who's missing what. I'll also be comparing values between nodes in the two files, for when both documents do have the same named nodes. What .Net classes should I be looking at to accomplish these tasks? Thanks a bunch. Steve Hershoff wrote: > I'm going to manipulate some XML files in my next project-- crawl through > the tags, compare if file X has the same nodes as file Y, and...

How can i move a macro from one computer to another
i would like to move a macro from one computer to another i Excel Macros live in excel workbooks. So you can just copy that workbook with the macro to the other pc and open it there. TorToms wrote: > > i would like to move a macro from one computer to another i Excel -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Or you could export the module containing the macro as a *.BAS file, email it to other computer then import to another workbook. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 07:05:48 -0500, Dave Peterson <ec35720@msn.com> wrote: >Macros live in excel workbooks. > >So ...

Save n Refresh New Form
Hi All, I have use the 'Save' command button in the access2000. However, I need additional function when I click the 'Save' button. Click 'Save' - 'Yes' --> Save the data and then refresh into new form with the Log Number(Primary Key) increase to the next number No issue on the 'No' function. Pls help. Thank you. Private Sub SaveData_Click() On Error GoTo Err_SaveData_Click DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70 Exit_SaveData_Click: Exit Sub Err_SaveData_Click: MsgBo...

Excel 2007 and Word 2007 Hangs when using the File -> Open command
I have a couple users that when they have Excel 2007 or Word 2007 open, and click the File -> Open option, and choose a file, it either takes about 3 minutes to open the file or the program will crash. If they were to double click on the documents or spreadsheets, the doc or sheet will open right up. This is happening on the user's Hard drive as well as network drives. Once you get a file opened in Word or Excel, however, the next time you go to File -> Open, it's really fast to open the file. ...

Macro to create a new chart
I've been using this code for a while to easily create a new chart. However just recently has stopped working. It now created a "default" excel chart as a new tab in the workbook. Any suggestions? '******************************************************************** 'Creates 2 data series horizontal bar chart '******************************************************************** Dim myShtName As String myShtName = ActiveSheet.Name Charts.Add ActiveChart.ChartType = xlBarClustered 'Creates Stacked bar ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Rng, ...

Saving chart as an image file
I want to create a pie chart in Microsoft Excel, then save it as an image file (.jpg or .gif) so I can put it on a website. How do I do this? Secondly, as I create my pie chart, how do I set my data labels? I want to change them from the default (numbers) to my own description for each slice. Jon Peltier has some instructions in his Excel Charting FAQ article for exporting a chart in gif format: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon008 To add your own labels to the chart, you can use Rob Bovey's XY Chart Labeler. It's a free add-in that yo...

Integration Manager--log file name?
Is there any way to know the name of the log file (we're writing our logs to text file) from within one of the "After" integration events? If we're successful, we need to send the user an email telling them that the event is successful. We're currently cycling through the whole folder to find the latest one, but if there were a variable in the Integration Manager VBScripts that I could use, that would be much better. Thanks. PSC: If I recall correctly, IM has a Document Error and Integration Error event in the integration properties. Rather than looking at the...

switching computers #2
I purchased money 2004 over the internet about 18 months ago. It was downloaded and I was not sent any disks. I want to put 2004 on my new pc, but do not have the correct file to install. What do I do. MSN doesn't seem to be too helpful with their help. If I can't get it to run, I'm switching to Quicken. -- Jps I have been in this situation a few times myself. I simply contacted the place I bought the software from and they gave me whatever I needed to download the program again. Since you bought the program from them in the first place you are automatically regist...

File Sharing between XP Pro and XP Home
I have a few questions concerning file sharing between XP Pro and XP Home in a Workgroup environment. I would really appreciate any help. 1)From what I'm gathering on the internet (I've read multiple articles) you cannot even connect a Windows XP Home computer to a domain. I'm I interpreting this correctly? 2)I have a new server with XP Pro and 5 other computers with XP Home. I only have 3 computers (which includes the new XP Pro server) that really need access to everything (or the main folders) on the server. The other 3 computers need limited access. If I purchase X...

Dotnnetnuke 5.0 adding a new page
If you need the basics on how to add a new page to dotnetnuke you can follow this link, this is also a great website for more dotnetnuke information. http://www.hostmyservices.com/SupportPages/HowtoAddanewWebPage.aspx Thank you HostMyservices.com ...

PDF file #5

"No more new fonts may be applied to this Workbook" message
When trying to copy graphs to a new worksheet within the same workbook I am getting the following message "No more new fonts may be applied to this Workbook". It then won't allow me to change the font size on the graph labels. Any idea what this is and how to correct? Thanks. See this KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215573 XL2000: Error Copying Worksheets Containing Charts -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "j" <jcamp@citizensbankwv.com> wrote in message news:043f01c37c99$7ba928f0$a40128...

linked files
When I open a file it says it is linked to another file. When I check the links it is linked to a file I no longer have. How do I find where the link is coming from and get rid of it. Going to the Edit Links doesn't seem to get rid of the file. Charlie C Try Bill Manville's excellent "FindLink" utility .. It's available at Stephen Bullen's page: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Def�ault.htm -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Charlie 5280" <Charlie 5280@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Retrieve .pst files
My PC at work is upgraded from windows NT to Windows 2000. Before upgrade I backed up all the outlook 2000 .pst files. Now I have outlook 2003. I unable to retreive .pst files. viji.pst file is available under C:\Documents and Settings\jviji\Local settings\Applicationdata/microsoft/outlook. From outlook menu file -> data file management ->add -> outlook 97-2002 personal folder.pst -> viji.pst prompts to enter passwd. Please reply how do I retrieve the passwd protected .pst file. This are very important emails. Please reply. Thanks Viji Viji Jayaraman <jviji@ems.att.co...

How can I access a file in Outlook Public Folder by VBscript
It does not have to be VBscript.. I need sync the file with my local harddrive... Thanks. Nix wrote: > It does not have to be VBscript.. > I need sync the file with my local harddrive... > > Thanks. Why does it need to be a script at all? You can add your public folder to your PF\Favorites (drag it there) and include it in your send/receive settings for offline use with your OST file. ...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...

moving files
How do I move files from publisher 98 to publisher 2000? The programs are installed separately. If you are talking about the documents you created, you wouldn't have to. But if you wanted to - copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "dunefarm" <dune@discus.micro.com> wrote in message news:3854FB0D-CB6B-4D3A-A922-0A982890D3FD@microsoft.com... > How do I move files from publisher 98 to publisher 2000? The programs are > installed separately. ...

open excel 2007 refresh query from batch file
Hello all, I have a simple script saved as "C:\refresh_excel.vbs" that opens an Excel file, and does a refresh for a query on Sheet 1. I created a scheduled task to run this every day. It worked fine for previous versions of Excel, but since I have upgraded to Excel 2007 it doesn't work. Any help it helping me figure this out would be appreciated. /*contents of refresh_excel.vbs*/ Set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application") objExcel.Visible = True Set objWorkBook = objExcel.Workbooks.Open("C:\reports\UPS.xls") objWorkbook.Sheets("...

Unexpected VSS error (30218) when restoring database to new instan
I am attempting to restore databases backed up by DPM 2007 to a new test server running the same version of SQL 2005 that the production system runs. After running though the recovery console and selecting the test server and the destination, DPM starts to restore and almost immediately produces an error, "Operation failed because DPM encountered and unexpected VSS error (30218)" Searching on this error I was asked to look at the application logs on the destination server for the issue but could find no issues logged on either the destination or DPM servers. I applie...

Arrears Help Files
Hello all, I don't seem to have the help file for the Arrears transactions. I can't find it on my system don't see a reference to it in the main GP 10 help file. We have GP 10 SP 4. I looked in KB see no reference to that particular problem anywhere. TIA Anyone? On Feb 10, 8:12=A0am, Brian <nixtoo...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello all, I don't seem to have the help file for the Arrears > transactions. =A0I can't find it on my system don't see a reference to it > in the main GP 10 help file. =A0We have GP 10 SP 4. =A0I looked in KB see= no...

Can OnPrint output be saved to a file?
Can OnPrint output (icluding fonts,rectangles,brushes...) be saved to a file? I am currently writing output in rtf file format for this purpose and it is more time consuming then producing a report via OnPrint. Thanks. How about using standard OnPrint code and mess with the Print to file option in the Print dialog box? -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "Charles C." <binstar@aei.ca> wrote in message news:%23m9f8B3GEHA.3940@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Can OnPrint output (icludin...

Message-Data file not properly closed???
Upon boot of Outlook, EVERYTIME, I get this message--Data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected by the check in progress. When I leave Outlook, I have made sure to close all files and exit properly. Is there some reason this happens? I even go back to my main screen now. Is there something more I should be doing. Did the file checking finish before you closed Outlook? If not, it will continue/restart the next time you start Outlook. If it still does this after the checking has completed, the...

Hierarchical Worksheet Tabs??? New Excel feature?
I do not know if newer versions of Excel than I have have this function, but in working with a budget in Excel, it sure would be a nice feature to be able to "stack" in a hierarchy the worksheet tabs at the bottom, instead of scrolling horizontally for hundreds of feet! In other words, I want to have a Worksheet "Travel Budget" and instead of having each month's in a horizontal tab, I could scroll up and down from a "Master" worksheet to sub-worksheets ties to the master...instead of just adding worksheet after worksheet in an ever growing hard to mana...

"Can't Create Backup FIle. Save [filename] Without Backp?
I get the following message every so often when running Excel 2003 under Win XP: "Can't create backup file. Save [finename] without backup?" I respond: "OK" "Your changes could not be saved to [filename] because of a sharing violation. Try saving to a different file." I respond: "OK". It presents me with the standard window allowing me to enter a new filename, which I do, then press OK. Then I get: "Do you want to save the changes you made to [fileename]? I respond: "Yes" "Document not saved." This is VERY annoying. I am t...