Moving my files to a new computer

So I've copied my old .pst file to my new computer, used Tools>options>mail
setup>data files to introduce outlook to it, and reset it to to default and
removed the old entry so there is just the one entry in the list. Both my
new and old outlooks are 2003.

So far so good and I can see my mail folders and contacts in the left hand
pane, *but* tools>address book is not showing any of my contact addresses,
nor will check names show them. Anyone know whay or can point me at an
article that tells me what to do?

Also, I have several email accounts is there an easy way of moving them from
the old to the new computer?

Thanks

Chris (tolgan)

0
tolgan1 (2)

Whenever you change your data file, you must reset the Outlook Address Book
Service to use it.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002

You can try Office's Save My Settings Wizard or Windows XP's Files and
Settings Transfer Wizard to move your account information. I don't recommend
either. I'd just recreate your account settings.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Tolgan" <tolgan@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
> So I've copied my old .pst file to my new computer, used
> Tools>options>mail setup>data files to introduce outlook to it, and reset
> it to to default and removed the old entry so there is just the one entry
> in the list. Both my new and old outlooks are 2003.
>
> So far so good and I can see my mail folders and contacts in the left hand
> pane, *but* tools>address book is not showing any of my contact addresses,
> nor will check names show them. Anyone know whay or can point me at an
> article that tells me what to do?
>
> Also, I have several email accounts is there an easy way of moving them
> from the old to the new computer?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris (tolgan)

0
russval1 (2100)
9/25/2005 3:07:12 PM
Thats done the trick many thanks!

> Whenever you change your data file, you must reset the Outlook Address
> Book Service to use it.
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002

0
tolgan1 (2)

Distribution Files for MFC in VS .net 2003

file cloning
I was wondering. How come it is possible to clone a file (using right click copy/paste file), but not possible to do this for other documents (apps and clip-art etc)?. Could it be possible to have an add-in in excel to prevent people from copying documents on their desktop?? -- shnim1 You can copy files that way (rightclick|copy, rightclick|paste). But most windows applications are no longer just simple .exe files (like back in the old DOS days). They usually have tons of other stuff that gets installed with them--and that stuff gets scattered all over your harddrive (windows folder, wi...

"Application has failed to start..." error message with VS2005 on new machine
VC++ MFC Project working absolutely fine on one machine Installed Visual Studio on a new portable and copied the project and all the settings over, done a complete rebuild which worked fine but now get an error message "The application has failed to start becuase the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem" Have tried reinsalling (but I dont think this is relevant as I am working with VStudio) the message pops up a couple of times but then the program runs OK Does anyone know what this means and how to find out what is missin...

how to build the netsample ipconfig to the exe file?
C:\WINCE500\public\common\oak\drivers\netsamp\ipconfig\ipconfig.cpp i want to make ipconfig.exe. and i could found the sample code. but it source code builded to the lib file. in ipconfig sources files, TARGETNAME=ipconfig TARGETTYPE=LIBRARY SOURCES= \ $(TARGETNAME).cpp the project is .lib file. but the source code has a _tmain() funciton in the source. it's looks possible to compile to the exe file. how can it compile to the exe file? You can add the SYSGEN_NETUTILS and you will have the ipconfig.exe integrated to your OS. Search ipconfig in the cat...

outlook can't receive exe files

NNTP move to Exchange?
Hi, I'm having a problem with getting a NNTP feed from a INND 2.2.1 server to Exchange 2003; are there any known issues here? Has anyone done this type of migration before? What issues did you encounter? It seems as if Exchange just wants to pull down a few of the groups (of which we have over 100 internal) and even with that, not even pull all of the messages in from those few groups (it usually gets a few hundred messages). I'm using the basic NNTP wizards but everything looks to be configured correctly. Thanks, Dan ...

retrieving folders.old file

Add new record through Form view
I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command button which will add a new record to my table. On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table in a form. On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 11:11:01 -0800, Ranjith Kurian <RanjithKurian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table which is linked to a form, i would like to have a command >button which will add a new record to my table. >On the click of command button it should view the last empty row of my table >in a form. The Click event should show [Event Proced...

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Opening .prn files in XL2000

Import reg files into Registry, without UAC
Hi, I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without elevation. This works well with the regedit /s switch on limited accounts, however on admin accounts, elevation UAC prompt is still shown, even though it's not needed. How can I prevent this? Thanks, Jens Jens M´┐Żller wrote: >Hi, > >I've got a .reg file to be imported silently in a batch. The file contains >only entries in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, therefore can be imported without >elevation. >...

Retreive a deleted file
How can I retreive a delted file Hi Janet If you have setup Excel to automatically create backup copies; then check that folder for the last backed-up version....If it is from your PC, check out the Recylcle Bin (on your desktop) and restore the file. If the file was on a network drive you may need to contact your network administrator and check whether they can recover. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Janet" wrote: > How can I retreive a delted file Go into your Recycle Bin. If deleted from there; http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/recover-deleted-files.htm ...

Only new email window?
Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other apps running. Please let me know if that is possible. Thank you, Steve Steve F. <sf@flintind.com> wrote: > Is there a way that I could have a shortcut on my desktop that does > not open the whole application, but rather ONLY open my new email > window? I send out a lot of email, and I also have a lot of other > apps running. Create a shortcut whose target is: "%Pr...

Log file
Where do i find my log files? On an NT based system: go to start, run, type eventvwr, then hit enter. There you'll see the application, system, and security logs. >-----Original Message----- >Where do i find my log files? >. > ...

Need to show file properties dialog box
Hello I need to show the shell's file properties dialog box. I tried converting old vb6 code into vb.net but it gives me error. Here's my code: Private Structure SHELLEXECUTEINFO Dim cbSize As Long Dim fMask As Long Dim hwnd As Long Dim lpVerb As String Dim lpFile As String Dim lpParameters As String Dim lpDirectory As String Dim nShow As Long Dim hInstApp As Long Dim lpIDList As Long Dim lpClass As String Dim hkeyClass As Long Dim dwHotKey As Long D...