Moving from 2003 to 2007, from an XP to a 7 Home Deluxe 64 Platfor

I have Outlook 2003 on a home use  XP laptop. I've purchased a new Win 7
deluxe 64 laptop and plan to purchase Outlook 2007 as a stand-alone product.
Will 3007 work on the Win 7x64 and will I be able to transfer ail, contacts
and calendar directly, via a USB thumb or hard drive? Thanks.

Irish wrote:

> I have Outlook 2003 on a home use  XP laptop. I've purchased a new Win 7
> deluxe 64 laptop and plan to purchase Outlook 2007 as a stand-alone product.
> Will 3007 work on the Win 7x64 and will I be able to transfer ail, contacts
> and calendar directly, via a USB thumb or hard drive? Thanks.

See replies to your SAME post that you submitted all of 2 minutes later.
0
V4521 (722)
4/26/2010 12:00:57 AM
Yes. Just copy the pst that you use in Outlook 2003 to the new computer and
set up your profile to use it.
See http://www.slipstick.com/config/move_outlook.asp for the steps.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

"Irish" <Irish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Outlook 2003 on a home use  XP laptop. I've purchased a new Win 7
> deluxe 64 laptop and plan to purchase Outlook 2007 as a stand-alone
> product.
> Will 3007 work on the Win 7x64 and will I be able to transfer ail,
> contacts
> and calendar directly, via a USB thumb or hard drive? Thanks.

0
Diane

WINDOWS 2003 Server sp1 AND EXCHANGE 2003
Whe have 2003 server and installed 2003 exchange Server. I want to install sp1 to windows2003 server.. Is there is any problem with SP1? What is the risk of the sp1 for exchange? Selim: I am running SP1 on a lot of different types of configurations and have had no problems. (Well, one, but that was due to an old version Dell OpenManage.) I made a couple of different blog entries recently about my experiences with SP1. You can find them at http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com. They are all pretty recent in my blog. But, here are some other suggestions. 1) Read all the re...

MS Outlook 2007 Delegate
Hello All, This is a wonderful forum! I would like to know if anyone can assist with this question? I have researched every single avenue I can think of and my company's IT Department is looking into this at this time. In Outlook 2007, I cannot print my manager's calendar with 'her' task list. I have downloaded Outlook Calendar Printing Assistant and that still did not help unless I missed something in the program. I can print tasks on her calendar, however, it is my task list on her calendar????? We have double-checked permissions and yes I have editor permissions for cal...

PDF Add-in for Excel 2003
Hi, Excel 2007 has a feature which enables you to create a PDF document from the spreadsheet. Is there an add-in available for Excel 2003 that does the same thing? I am aware of PDF writer applications which work by sending the printed output to piece of software, but this is not what i'm looking for. So please do not reply, suggesting software similar to Cute PDF, PDF 995 or PDF Redirect. These programs do not give us the desired output, so I am only interested in add-ons which are similar to the 2007 feature. Chris. Thu, 21 Feb 2008 02:38:00 -0800 from Kentucky <Kentucky@di...

Excel 2003 keeps crashing
I dont know if someone could help me out with this issue: multiple users here have this same problem that whenever they open a particular Excel file, it gives them a "Send Report Error." Weird thing about it is it doesnt happen in all their Excel files, only happens to some of them. Also tried opening the very same file/s they are having problems with on my machine and it worked fine. Details: Files are saved in a network folder Files are under 50MB size (varies) Files have Macros imbedded Files have links I have patched Office (SP2), updated Acrobat Reader, updated signatures, u...

Access 2000 <--> 2007 compatibility
Hi, We have a DB for data collection/telemarketing with a form and some VB code. This one is created in Access 2000. Can Access 2007 users open and work with this DB without causing problems if it later has to be operated on using Access 2000? Anything special we should do to avoid problems in this mixed version environment? Kjell Access 2007 can open, use, and modify a database in A2000 format. As always, if you have several users in the database at once, it's a good idea to split it: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-01.html If you are switching back and forth between versions, a...

Windows XP MARK or SPACE parity
Hello, I've been developing a class in order to access the serial port in Win2000, to communicate with a device network. I am using sticky parity to indicate the peripherals which byte is an address and which is a data byte, so I config parity as MARK or SPACE. It works fine in Win2000, but when I try it in XP it doesn't work any more. I've watched the serial signals with an oscilloscope, and I could see that it didn't do the MARK parity at all. Is there anything I should consider when I change from Win2000 XP? Note: I'm working with dcb's, and SetCommState()...

Macro
i have created some macros that i would like to share with the rest of the staff in our office. how do we copy them from my computer to the others? is the "autocorrect backup" file in Office 2000? and is this the way to go? i am not very tech savvy but we have guys in the office who are so please send any and all info so that we can solve this dilema. thank you one and all ... :) Urvasi The easieat way to share macros is to place them in a workbook which you then save as an Add-in. You can distribute the Add-in to your users. To save as an Add-in, File>Save As>File ...

Web Maintenance for MS Exchange 2003
We are looking for a product which lets our users (customers) maintain their Mailboxes, Public folders and some parts of their AD Accounts via the web. Many thanks for any recommendation ??? Does anybody know or has experience with a product called hostedexpress ??? EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Better posted in an Exchange group like microsoft.public.exchange.admin. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without readi...

Rule: How many can you have in Outlook 2000, XP, and 2003
I have a user who has 20 rules setup in his outlook. They are multiple rules inside each. Is there a set number of rules you can have before Outlook stops allowing you to turn these rules on? Thanks for the help Terry TPSchaefer <TPSchaefer@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a user who has 20 rules setup in his outlook. They are > multiple rules inside each. > > Is there a set number of rules you can have before Outlook stops > allowing you to turn these rules on? Not a set number of rules, but a fixed rule space. I think it's 32K. -- Brian Tillman Thaks for...

Money 2007 performance
I recently upgraded from Money 2004 to 2007 - was sticking it out with M'04 to the bitter end for being able to download transactions, both because of the the horror stories with M'07 performance from folks like Dick Watson and because MS seemed to be infinitely extending the free 1 year bill pay 'trial' that came with M'04. Anyway, I have a 65MB Money file with about 100 accounts, 9 years of transactions and bill pay, and I was expecting the worst. I have to say that given my low expectations, I was pleasantly surprised. Only a few minor things were worse, and I didn&#...

clean installation of win xp prof
Any idea why when I install the Windows, it will sort of hang at "Startup is starting Windows". I even change the cd rom drive and also used a different XP cd, on both instances it sought of hang at the same place "Startup is starting Windows". Any idea why I cant install th windows? Earlier on, during th POST, it sas cpu is running in Safe Mode, how do we change that? Thanks Make sure you're doing it right. Back-up any personal data (none of which should be considered 100% trustworthy at this point) then format the HDD & do a clean install of Wind...

Outlook 2003 #100
I would rather use Outlook instead of Outlook Express. However, when I try to use Outlook a message comes up saying "the object could not be found" When I test my settings in Outlook everything checks out=20 fine, but the test e-mail is sent and received through=20 Express not Outlook. So far I have unistalled then installed; and redid my=20 connection set-up and profile in Outlook w/the same=20 results. I use the exact same settings for Outlook as I do for=20 Outlook Express and Express works fine.=20 Any help would be greatly appreciated. >-----Original Message----- >...

Where is create new office document command in Office 2007?
We recently migrated to 2007 from 2003 and I cannot find the commands to "create new office document" or "open existing office document" from the taskbar/start menu. Does anyone have any idea where these commands are or how I can add them to my taskbar? Thank you! I have XP Pro and Office 2007. If I select "All Programs", it appears at the top of the list. If you do as well, you can right-click and select Pin to Start Menu. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "c...

XP buttons
First hy to all, I need my buttons (on WindowsXP) to look like XP buttons. Can I do that in MFC with some include staff or I need to do my on draw buttons ??? Thx. to all. Here: http://www.codeproject.com/buttonctrl/imagebuttonwithstyle.asp ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Thx. I have studi that article and I have foun a link to another article that help me. This is the link for all that want to have XP style in there projects : http://www.codeproject.com/w2k/xptheme.asp Great. Codeproject and codeguru are very helpful sites for MFC work. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Visio 2003 Sample Code
Hi I am desperatly looking for sample code or Tutorial for developing Visio 2003 in C# Since the Visio 2003 SDK has yet to be released, the Visio 2002 SDK can be used for the basics. (Hidden somewhere on the MS website) John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "Roni" <ronip@ectel.com> wrote in message news:uFAd5h%23tDHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am desperatly looking for sample code o...

Running Outlook XP and 2003 side-by-side
I am responsible for supporting users in both 2002 and 2003 clients. How can I run both versions side-by-side on the same machine (the laptop that I take for training sessions)... -s. No can do... only one Outlook version allowed, but multiple versions of other Office components may be used. "-= shaunna =-" <shaunna.jagneaux@gwmail.maricopa.edu> wrote in message news:OtMkTK3zDHA.3416@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I am responsible for supporting users in both 2002 and 2003 clients. How > can I run both versions side-by-side on the same machine (the laptop that I > ta...

Places COM Add-in for Excel XP?
Ive installed the addin for excel 2000 on my version of excel 2002 (xp) and it doesn't work. Does anyone know if this addin is available for Excel 2002? Or of another addin which does the same thing? Thanks Adam With Excel 2002 you don't need the Places add-in. You can add folders via the Tools drop down in the Open dialog. And you can remove items by the popup menu when you right-click them. You can also change to "small icons" with the right-click menu. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

FIX: Untracking emails incorrectly tracked for Outlook 2003 and 2007
Hi all, As you know, it is tough to un-link or un-track emails (Outlook records in general) if you track them by mistake or link them to the wrong CRM record. The link below shows how to do it when using Outlook 2007. (I assume it is the same for CRM 3.0 and 4.0 but I cannot test the former since we just upgraded to 4.0.) http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2007/05/remove_crm_link.html The problem was doing it with Outlook 2003. I think I figured a way. You have to follow the steps in the link above but the problem was showing the CRM user fields in the email record to set them to 0. If you ope...

How do I calculate cells across Excel 2003 workbooks?
I have three different workbook files stored in the same folder and I want to have the three worksheets in each of the three workbooks totaled in a new workbook file. I am trying to create a quarterly report from three months of data. All data is located in the same cells in the worksheets in each of the workbooks. If the different workbook files were all in the same workbook, it would be a lot easier. Can that be done? "mj" <mj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99DDF3D0-2951-4FEE-978B-CCA5BE40D955@microsoft.com... >I have three different workboo...

why 2003 excell does not accept dot as decimal points
In 2000 ms excell, if i type 200 and dot (.) it becomes 200.00 In 2003 ms excell, if i type 200. it becomes 2 even I fixed decimal places to 2. I want to get 200.00 by typing 200 and dot. In 2003 ms excell, I have to type 20000 and it become 200 without decimal points so I have to increase decimal points by clicking increase decimal on the memu to get 200.00 Please reply me as soon as possible. Thank you Miki "miki" <miki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4BC6517-F243-4CD1-B807-180B2ADC818C@microsoft.com... > In 2000 ms excell, if i type 200 and dot (...

Infopath 2003, MOSS 2007, email form contents
I need to use our SharePoint site to send user support requests via email. So I created a from in InfoPath 2003 with the necessary fields, added a button to submit it to email as an action, and published it to a document library. And it almost does what I want except: 1) I'd like to put the user info (from the text boxes on the form) into the body of the email instead of as an attachment 2) The user has to actually go into the document library and click the New button. I'd rather maybe create a view that just has a button that does the New functionality? Then I can show j...

Is there a slick means of creating tickets in Pub. 2007?
I wish to create event tickets, 8 to an A4 sheet with no margins or spacers. It can be done by copying, pasting and dragging but is there a slick means as one would do for labels? -- Best regards, Hywel File, Page Setup, Advanced (on the right), Multiple Pages per sheet, Width 10.5cm Height 7.42cm. Zero margins. Publisher should say 2 columns of 4. Be certain you have A4 selected. If you want consecutive numbering for your tickets create a data base, use mail merge. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Hywel Thomas" <hywelthomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

MM 2007 Delux on VISTA Ultimate 64?
Hello. I am planing to buy a new comouter with VISTA Ultimate. Does MM 2007 Delux operate with VISTA 64? Now I have got VISTA Ultimate RC2 5744 and MM 2007 Delux works great. -- JerzyMarian I just installed VISTA Ultimate 64, installed MS Money 2007, migrated my data just fine from an old XP computer. Restored backup file. My problem that I don't understand is when I try to log in it tells me I have to be connected to the internet, which I am. I have to sign in w/o online services. There are no options I can see to change this. Any help would be great "JerzyMarian"...

Outlook (2003) Connector for Domino
I'm using the newest version (I believe) of the Outlook Connector for Domino - 4/7/2004 - with Windows XP SP2 and Outlook 2003 SP1. While I think this add-in was the best idea ever, I'm having a bit of a problem. As soon as I change a contact, task, email, or calendar entry, outlook.exe starts taking up 99% of my CPU and won't ever relinquish it until I shut it down. I've been searching near and far for about a week now, and I can't seem to find anyone else who's had this problem (with my config). I've tried random things to try and fix it (updating service pack...

Scales
How can I change the scales of my data range. For example, in my data range I have the year 1970 through to 2006, but office in all its WISDOM has started it at 1965 and ended it at 2010. This used to be such an easy thing to change. It is pathetic that Microsoft would make this such a headache. Format/ Axis/ Scale -- David Biddulph "Matt-E" <MattE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31D97519-C6F7-45FF-9BC7-F959BE07BB5E@microsoft.com... > How can I change the scales of my data range. For example, in my data > range I > have the year 1970 through t...