Moving Emails to Folders - Problem

Though I encountered no problems over many months, in the last several
I have run into a huge issue in moving certain emails from my "in" and
"sent" boxes to my achive folders. These emails all either originate
from China or have a Chinese originated reply in the email string. The
individuals with whom I'm corresponding in China are from major
corporations and, in one case, the person is an employee on my
corporate email system.

The symptoms are as follows. When I try to drag the email to the
folder, the hourglass appears, as if it is trying to complete the
transfer. After a short period of time, I get the customary dialog box
indicating that Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and must
close. All my other emails, including ones originating from other
countries, move into foledrs without any problem.

My IT department swears they have done nothing that would affect this
function. Though I'm not an Outlook genius, I decided to try to explore
a solution on my own, since my IT group  has either offered
ridiculously complex workarounds or thrown their hands up on the
problem.

Appreciate anyone who can offer some help!

robert.ringle@arvinmeritor.com <robert.ringle@arvinmeritor.com> wrote:

> Though I encountered no problems over many months, in the last several
> I have run into a huge issue in moving certain emails from my "in" and
> "sent" boxes to my achive folders. These emails all either originate
> from China or have a Chinese originated reply in the email string. The
> individuals with whom I'm corresponding in China are from major
> corporations and, in one case, the person is an employee on my
> corporate email system.
>
> The symptoms are as follows. When I try to drag the email to the
> folder, the hourglass appears, as if it is trying to complete the
> transfer. After a short period of time, I get the customary dialog box
> indicating that Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and must
> close. All my other emails, including ones originating from other
> countries, move into foledrs without any problem.

What version of Outlook?
--
Brian Tillman
0