moving email to the desktop.

When i drag/move/copy an email from outlook 2002 to a
folder on my desktop it automaticly creates the file name
using the email Subject header. Is there anyways to make it
save the file name as the From header instead? I tend to
receive duplicate subject headings but from different
people and its hard to distiguish which email is from who
by looking at the file name after i have move the email to
my desktop folder.
0
michaelw1 (1)

Outlook deletes my ISP emails
I use MS Outlook to receive emails from ISP of SBC-Yahoo. Each time I got connected to the SBC account, I could receive my email from SBC account, but all the source emails in the SBC account were deleted automatically by the MS-Outlook.I could receive the mails but can not send the email through MS-Outlook. I have no problem in using the Outlook Express but the MS- Outlook. Please help! Thank you very much. Mai ...

Can I mouse over an object and make it move?
I'm going to have a survey question on a slide where the answer is a number. I'm going to have small icons with the numbers on them (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5+). I only want the icon with the number 3 on it to be "clickable" and send them to the next slide. The other icons I want to move to another spot on the page if they mouse over the icon. Is this possible? How do I do this? Thanks in advance for any help! In article <AA0384FC-8446-44EC-8509-C71324B4F2A1@microsoft.com>, Sharpie wrote: > I'm going to have a survey question on a slide where the answer is a ...

new email not displayed after running scanpst
I am running Outlook 2003 and this morning I got an error that there were file errors in my Inbox and to run scanpst.exe. I ran the scanpst.exe and fixed the file. When prompted if I wanted to backup the old file I chose yes named the file OutlookRepair.bak. Now when I download my email the mail is taken off my email server and the mail is not being displayed in Outlook. I have checked my Data Files location and it is still showing the same location as before the error. I tried importing this file and got a message that the file i was trying to import was the same as the destinatio...

setting up email in Outlook2003
I'm having a problem setting up an email account in this new Outlook 2003. My POP3 is correct, my SMTP is correct. Everything appears to be fine until I send a test message. I keep getting the following: (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' I set up everything in Eudora and it works fine, but I don't like Eudora! What am I doing wrong? Dave Try creating a new mail profile here: Control Panel->Mail Icon->Show Profiles->Add. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to ...

Desktop Wallpaper
As I understand it, I have three options for positioning my photo on the desktop. 1. Full screen, 2. Tiled, 3. In the middle of the screen. If it's in the middle of the screen, sizing is not an option. Also, I can change the background color. I changed the background color to my liking. However, no matter which of the three options I choose for positioning the photo, it covers the entire desktop. I cannot get the tiling effect and I have lost the ability to place the photo in the middle of the screen. I need help getting the options back. Also, if possible, I would like to ...

Some emails bounce back
Hello, I have a client running exchange 2000 and 99.9% of all email is sent without issue. We have a email addresses that seem bounce back with the following error. The e-mail address could not be found. Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address. Check the address and try again. <server.domain.local #5.1.8 smtp;550 5.1.8 <user@externalnamespace.net> Invalid local address> Anyone have any ideas? I know that reverse DNS is set up correctly and it's strange that this doesn't happen except when...

Email Router Crashing
Hello, I am having an issue with email router. When the service is started, it is then stopped immediately with the error message: The CRM Email Router on Local Computer started then stopped. Some service stop automatically if they have no work etc etc In the event viewer we get the following error Message: #16192 - The E-mail Router service could not run the service main background thread. The E-mail Router service cannot continue and will now shut down. System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The E-mail router service cannot access system state file Microsoft.Crm.Tools.E...

forward exchange 2003 mail to external email #2
hi anybody knows how to do this? i tried this but it didnt work http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/mf015.html its ok now..i just create another account..and and configure an external mailbox to that account..and then on the first account, i just put a forward to under delivery options the another accoount..:> :> ...

Outlook 2003: My "auto suggest" email address does not work after reboot
Running Windows 7 HP 64. After I access names in the Contact list, they will be auto suggested as I start to type a letter, but if I reboot, its as if I've never done it. Never had that happened before. ??? "Hotkey" <noway@notnow.com> wrote in message news:OPqTXyHaKHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Running Windows 7 HP 64. > > After I access names in the Contact list, they will be auto suggested as I > start to type a letter, but if I reboot, its as if I've never done it. > > Never had that happened before. This is a sighn...

Moving attachments automatically to a file folder
Hi, Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move attachments from certain messages automatically to a file folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst file is not a good option. It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a target folder outside the Exchange environment. I do not have permissions to change the configuration o...

How to reorder email accounts in Mail view?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Is there a way to change the order that email accounts display on the left side in Mail view? Hi, sorry, you can't change that. The accounts are ordered alphabetically, with the default account on top. On 22/02/10 18:51, spamtarget@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Email Client: Exchange Is there a way to change the order that > email accounts display on the left side in Mail view? -- Mi...

Can't Delet Email Message
I have an email in my Outlook 2002 inbox (a forwarded task) that I cannot delete. When I try to delete it I get an error message saying "Outlook cannot do that action on this type of attachment." I experienced a similar problem in Outlook Express when my inbox was corrupted and fixed that problem by deleting my inbox. But when I try to do something similar in Outlook 2002 I just get an error message that says the .pst file is in use. Any suggestions? Try closing Outlook, moving the .pst to another location and then import everything back in filtering out the bad message if ...

Email attached to wrong account
If I've make a mistake and selected the wrong account/contact/etc when tracking an email how do I correct the error? Thanks, Jim ...

Printing multiple emails in outlook 2002
Just wondering if it is possible to select multiple emails in outlook and have them print on the same page. Thx Figured it out. Select multiple emails, go to file>print and make sure "Start each email on a new page" is deselected. >-----Original Message----- >Just wondering if it is possible to select multiple emails >in outlook and have them print on the same page. > >Thx >. > ...

Trying to make Outlook my default email program
I am Trying to make Outlook my default email program (Earthlink 5.0 was coming up) but when I click on an email link (mailto:whoever@whatever) a error message comes up saying that my "default email program is not installed properly". I have opened control panel and re-set web settings. I have made sure Outlook is set as default under tools- configure-use other mail client, in my browser and it still doesnt work. When I click on an email link Outlook opens up but the error message still says "default email program is not installed properly". any help would be greatly...

Problems sending email #2
Ok I can't quite figure out what the problem is with why I can't send emails. If I do a test email through the email account setup it goes through fine. When I send an email this is the error message that comes up. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test email Sent: 2/3/2007 3:57 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'djc122984@aol.com' on 2/3/2007 3:57 PM 553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts. It does this no matter what email address I send a message to. I...

Routing the emails for another ISP (Exchange 2000)
Hello, I am analyzing a situation for a client: I has a LAN that has 4 PCs, assigned to 4 local users, each one has an email account (Exchange 2000). But emails should not be routed for the ISP that is being used, they must be routed for another ISP set. What options do I have for this. I hope you understand my question. Thanks. ...

Functionality for pre-selecting outgoing email account
Hello: I am looking for software that will allow Outlook 2003 to provide a pop-up window asking me which account I want to send from when I click on the "New Mail Message" button. Idealy, this would insert the proper signature for the outgoing account to be used in the email. Can you help point me in the right direction for this? Thanks in advance. J. Chris Templeton Outlook 2003 already provides this functionality via the Accounts drop-down list on an open message. If you want it to switch signatures automatically, you need to be using WordMail as your editor and have a de...

Sending emails periodically automatically
Hello, I want to send a email twice a week to somebody automatically. (The same message). Is there a possibility in outlook? Thanks, pascal elia <joseph@pcl.ch> wrote: > I want to send a email twice a week to somebody automatically. (The > same message). Is there a possibility in outlook? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041230.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

is secure email possible with exchange?
Is it possible to create a secure email scenario using ex5.5 (and soon ex2k) and outlook? Is that SSL ? I have seen sites that offer it, how do they do that? "mmac" <no@thank.you> wrote: >Is it possible to create a secure email scenario using ex5.5 (and soon ex2k) >and outlook? Yes, it is. >Is that SSL ? No. SSL provides only an encryted channel between two "session" layers. The data that passes over this channel can be anything, but once it leaces the session layer it's no encrypted anymore. >I have seen sites that offer it, how do they do tha...

5.5 Not Receiving ANY emails
We have Exchange 5.5 SP4 in two sites. NY and Atlanta. The Atlanta site is dependant on he NY one. The NY one was getting flooded with 12 emails per second this morning. This has since halted. They (NY) are getting emails trickling in slowly. We started getting emails trickling in, but with 3 hour latency. Now it seems like we are not getting any emails at all. Internal nor external. I have restarted the server various times, restarted IMS services, and still there is no email coming in or out. There also doesnt seem to be many items in the inbound nor outbound queue... Does any...

Move data from multiple tabs into one worksheet
I have a file that has 60 different tabs that shows the vendors UPC, Dollars, and units for their items. Is there a way to move all of those into one worksheet? Hi, yes you can, look into Ron web http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm If this helps please clici yes thanks "Supe" wrote: > I have a file that has 60 different tabs that shows the vendors UPC, Dollars, > and units for their items. Is there a way to move all of those into one > worksheet? Re-post of my reply to your same post of yesterday. See Ron de Bruin's site to copy data from...

Exchange Mailbox Missing Emails
I had a user that said they were not receiving mails on their laptop, i logged in to OWA and the mails that were missing looked like they were there. I then set up this user on a desktop machine and it started to sync the folders and email. I canceled this because i could see the missing mails. I then got them to log back in on there laptop and mails were missing out there inbox. Any reason for this and can i recover them? i have actually found the mails on the local pc i set up, this user works remotely, can i upload these emails to the exchange mailbox anyway, or does it have to be...

Downloading IMAP Emails
Is there anyways to actually download the emails from an IMAP account to your computer? I have setup IMAP email through Outlook 2007, but emails still accumulate in my actual email online even as they are downloaded to Outlook. Eventually, Outlook will download a message from my IMAP account that says my account is almost full. Then, when I look at the account I notice that there are no messages there, even still, it says that my account is like 95% capacity. Then, after about 3 minutes on the email online, suddenly, my account goes to 0%. Can you say weird? I just wish it would downlo...

Downloading copies of in email. How do i re-configure 'email clien
'email client' is configured to only download copies of my in email. How do i disable this feature? I'm not clear on what you want to do? Are you saying you do NOT want a copy of your e-mail left on the server? If that's what you're asking then go to the Account settings for the account, More settings, advanced and uncheck "Leave a copy on server". I can't be any more specific unless you tell us what version of Outlook you're using. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.office...