Moving attachments automatically to a file folder

Hi,

Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move
attachments from certain messages automatically to a file
folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside
Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an
archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be
accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst
file is not a good option.

It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function
to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a
target folder outside the Exchange environment.

I do not have permissions to change the configuration of
the Exchange server, so if possible, please suggest
something that I can do with my Outlook client.

Thanks in advance,

Mikko
0
anonymous (74722)

Try this;

http://www.madsolutions.com/AE/Lite/Main.htm

"Mikko" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there an easy way to configure Outlook 2000 to move
> attachments from certain messages automatically to a file
> folder. I mean a normal file folder in Windows, outside
> Exchange/Outlook environment. I would like to create an
> archive for attachments, and this archive would have to be
> accessible by several users, at the same time - so a .pst
> file is not a good option.
>
> It seems that I cannot use a rule or auto archive function
> to perform this, as they do not allow me to specify a
> target folder outside the Exchange environment.
>
> I do not have permissions to change the configuration of
> the Exchange server, so if possible, please suggest
> something that I can do with my Outlook client.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mikko

0
me9 (928)

help with log file
Got a database in SQL2005 that is basically a download of a daily flat text files and creating tables from them. The log.ldf file is frikkin huge. It's over 146GB and I don't need this, I have storage issues. How do I shorten down this file and keep it small forever? Hi Rocketman Have you read about managing the transaction log in the Books Online? How big is your database? What recovery model are you in? What kinds of backups are you doing, and how frequently? If you are not in SIMPLE recovery, and you don't back up your log, it will continue to grow. Even...

Folders disappearing after compacting file cabinet
Twice, now, I've lost a good chunk of e-mail I've saved in different folders because I've compacted my file cabinet. Anything with a file folder named with E or beyond gets dumped. A through D only remains. Any ideas as to what's going on? Thanks! Karen C. Did you compact or run ScanPST.EXE? I've never heard of a compact deleting valid data unless, of course, the file was damaged before running the compact. I hate to ask but do you have a backup of your PST from before this happened? "Karen C." <kcunningham @ iglou.com> wrote in message news:...

MS Excel file extension changed through e-mail
MS Excel .xlsx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .xls instead. The same is true for MS Word .docx changed to .doc Answered in the Word group. Please don't post the same question in multiple groups. It not only causes responders to waste their time replying to questions that have already been answered but it also makes it more difficult for you to follow up on the replies. If it truly is an issue that involves more than one app either post to the Office group rather than the individual groups or use a newsreader rather than the web interface & learn to ...

Dump file corrupt
************************************************** ************************ THIS DUMP FILE IS PARTIALLY CORRUPT. KdDebuggerDataBlock is not present or unreadable. ************************************************** ************************ Unable to read PsLoadedModuleList ************************************************** ************************ THIS DUMP FILE IS PARTIALLY CORRUPT. KdDebuggerDataBlock is not present or unreadable. ************************************************** ************************ KdDebuggerData.KernBase < SystemRangeStart Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 ...

How do I un-"Group" my workbook; cannot see entire pane or move/re

outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened
outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened how do i get it to do this? An answer would require knowing your Outlook version, mail account type, and connection type. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "newbiejw" <newbiejw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDBE10B5-2D8E-4684-99A8-C8C0F4FDC25F@microsoft.com... > outlook won't automatically receive/send when opened > how do i get it to do this? ...

Network File lock not detected
We have a workbook that about a dozen people get in and out of all day. I have a problem with one user's excel not always locking the file, or it could be a problem with other users not detecting the file is in use and displaying the in use message, do you want to open a read only or wait. Is there anything I can do in execel to fix that or is it a network issue. Running XP pro, office xp pro, and 2k server. From my experience, it is a network issue. They need to unlock the file because Excel cannot. Fixed it, Windows didn't have sp1 on it. For some reason it fixed the pr...

All attachments received are corrupt in Outlook 2007
I just installed Office2007 and all attachments that are coming in(PDF, XLS, ZIP) will not open without warnings of corruptions. Media files will not open at all. I am on XP Home with all updates. I must be missing something somewhere. I cannot even get embedded pictures to show. Any ideas how to fix this problem?? thanks "The Ticket" <The Ticket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C58FC764-9FA6-4A36-9074-F93CE1718EBF@microsoft.com... >I just installed Office2007 and all attachments that are coming in(PDF, >XLS, > ZIP) will not open without warning...

pst file might be corrupted
Hi all. I am not able to view my pst file at all via my outlook 2000. I tried to recover it via scanpst but scanpst stopped halfway through the process and said that an error occured without specifying which error. Is there any other way to recover this pst file? Thks in advance. How big is the PST file? "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FB884E0-7C9F-4064-936F-5065E257BB5B@microsoft.com... > Hi all. I am not able to view my pst file at all via my outlook 2000. I > tried > to recover it via scanpst but scanpst stopped halfway ...

How to update contacts in WLM via csv file?
I have nearly 2,000 email addresses in my contacts list. I managed to get WLM to list them, although I do notice some are missing. Now, I want to update them with new/revised contacts through a new cvs file, which I exported from OE. However, the contacts import program just hangs and doesn't take. Do I need to delete the existing list first? If so, how do I do that? I am using WLM v.2009 Build 14.0.8 on Windows 7 Are you logging in to Live services? It will say your profile name under the close X. -- Ron Sommer "Bumper21248" wrote in message news...

VBA to call file based on date
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me with a VBA routine to check for the presence of a specific file. The file is saved on a dialy basis in the format "userfile_run_YYYYMMDD.xls" i am seeking help with a vb code that will check if today or any specified days report is generated. i guess excel can use the date format to read the specified location for the file. Thank you in advance for your help. .....Coming from Where I'm from. Dim sFile As String sFile = Dir("C:myPath\userfile_run_" & Format(Date,"yyyymmdd") & ".xls") If s...

Incomplete Public Folder Replication
I'm running Exchange 5.5 on NT4/2000. I'd like to phase out a 5.5 box on NT4. I already migrated the mailboxes from that box to a new one running 2000 in the same Site. What's left are the Public Folders. So for that I've set up replication from the NT4 to the new 2000 box. After waiting a couple of days and checking if al folders have an in-sync replica, I found out that a whole bunch of folders, never got replicated. Reenabling them for replication, doesn't have any effect. Basically I'm stuck with an automatic process, that get's cut off with no means possible ...

Problem With Opening Attachments
For some reason, when I click on any attachment in received e-mails Microsoft Publisher opens and the attachments cannot be viewed. Does anybody know how to prevent this? It started just a couple of days ago and I haven't been able to find a solution anywhere. Thanks in advance. ...

automatic formatting
i use microsoft outlook calendar for all our daily appointments. i do not want to have the highlight feature. when i ask the assistant, i do as it says, but i cannot click the automatice formatting (it is gray and will not allow access) how do I get automatic formatting so that I can get rid of the highlighting and add color thank you ...

"The image file ___ is valid but ...."
"The image file ________ is valid but is for a machine type other than the current machine." What does this message dialog mean on Win XP x64? It means that the program you're trying to run is 16-bit. There is NO 16-bit support in any 64-bit version of Windows. You'll need to run the application in a virtual machine running some earlier version of Windows. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel <johnsuth@nospam.com.au> wrote in message news:c1.2c.3KklK9$0TP@PC1.BIGPOND.COM... > > "The image file ________ is valid but is...

Selecting sub-folders
How do I select multiple sub-folders for moving at the same time? Rather than doing it one by one? Thanks mswart wrote: > How do I select multiple sub-folders for moving at the same time? Rather than > doing it one by one? > > Thanks Just like you do and have done in Windows Explorer: drag the parent folder and all the child folders tag along. ...

Closely held secrets about junk email folder
All, Within my company, we occassionally send HTML formatted emails that end up in user's junk email folders and we have no idea why. In one instance it was a message that contained a large table structure in the body of the message, but once we preceeded the table with an empty <p> tag, it succeeded in going to the intended recipients. So in this case, it really wasn't the fact that we were targetting too many individuals, or that certain words were found in the message, it was just a silly design thing (apparently) that had caused the problem. It has dawned on me that it woul...

Dialog text only updated on mouse moves
My PreTranslateMessage() function has code in it to update some of the text in one of my dialog boxes. It works, but instead of updating it every second, it only udpates the text when my mouse is moving or clicking. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Thank you! Well, that's becuase PreTranslateMessage gets called only when there is message in the queue for that window. Instead use a timer. See OnTimer (WM_TIMER) AliR. <PloutzMR@Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil> wrote in message news:1154456910.215194.170930@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > My PreTranslateMessage() function has c...

print mass Powerpoint certificates from Excel file
I get Excel lists of students that require training certificates. I have a PowerPoint certificate. Is it possible to do something simular to a mail merge? In article <BFBA41AC-26D1-4B30-8C54-425C2E8A50F0@microsoft.com>, Go to Girl wrote: > I get Excel lists of students that require training certificates. I have a > PowerPoint certificate. Is it possible to do something simular to a mail > merge? Not out of the box, but we have a commercial PowerPoint add-in that does exactly this. You can try out a fully functional demo to see if it meets your needs. Mo...

Can Import Email Data Filed from Office XP to Office 2003
My HD failed but I had a backup of my Office XP Pro personal file folder with a lot of emails I needed. The file is about 128MB in size. I put a new HD in and installed Office 2003 Pro. When I go to open the old file Outlook 2003 says that the file "is not a personal folders file". (It was backed up to a CD ROM prior to the crash so the source file should be good.) I really don't want to uninstall Office 2003 and put back Office XP. Any idea why 2003 won't open the file and how to work around that? Many thanks in advance to anyone who knows the solution. Alan. The only pro...

Move downloaded transactions to another account?
For some reason, the downloaded transactions for one account have appeared in another account. I don't see any way to move these to the correct account. Is this possible to do in Money 2008? in 2007 right click on the transaction and copy and paste to different account, not sure about 08. "Noozer" <dont.spam@me.here> wrote in message news:%23JYlJMq3HHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > For some reason, the downloaded transactions for one account have appeared > in another account. I don't see any way to move these to the correct > account. > > I...

duplicated items in calender and contact folder due to palm synch
To all, all the contacts and calendar events in one of our user's Outlook got triple or more duplicated copies after he synchronized with his palm yesterday, and duplicates happened to his palm as well. to manually delete those over thousand of duplicates from Outlook will take lots of times. is there anyway we can fix that instead of restore them from backup. thanks calvin ...

Attachments print automatically
Every time I open an attachment in Outlook 2002 it prints the attachment. I have seen add-ins advertising they can do this for a cost. I can do it and I don't want to! Anyone know how to turn it off or fix the problem Is it printing the attachment when you open it, or printing the attachment when you want only to print the message? If it's the latter, try this. Highlight Inbox, click File, Print. Take a look at the bottom left corner of the menu. Is "Print attached file" clicked? If it is, unclick it and that should work. Otherwise, sorry, I don't know. &...

How to open saved .DBX files?
I saved a folder of e-mails to CD from Outlook Express shortly before my last computer died. I desperately need to open the folder (saved as a .dbx file) by tomorrow, to get my husband (in Portugal watching the footie) the details of his hotel!!I am now running Xp and have both outlook and outlook express(office 2003) I tried open with, but selecting OE takes you into the OE files rather than selecting it as a prog.If I try open with outlook, it just appears as a folder attachment in an e-mail Can anybody help me open this wretched thing??? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an...

Size mismatch between stm/edb files and mailboxes
I am puzzled! Am running out of diskspace on our exchange drive and badly need to reduce the size of the exchange database. The total size of the priv1.edb and stm files is approx 6Gb. If I add up the total size of all the mailboxes as shown in ESM it comes to approx 1.5 Gb. Running eseutil /ms and calculating the free space for both files gives me approx 1.2Gb, which is what I believe I will regain by defragging the store. So where is my remaining 3.3Gb gone!!!! The online maintanence is completing fine each night. Deleted item retention is set to 0, and we haven't deleted any ...