moving all incoming mail to deleted items folder

We are trying to setup students who graduate from our school so that
any incoming mail will be forwarded to a new address and if they have
not setup a forwarding address, their incoming mail will be deleted
with an out of office reply sent to the sender indicating that the
user is no longer a student and has not setup forwarding.  Graduated
students would also not have OWA enabled as well.  The one thing that
seems hard to do is to create a rule that will move all incoming mail
to the deleted items folder.  Does anyone know of how to have all
incoming mail subject to a rule to move to deleted items?
Thanks,
Mario

> We are trying to setup students who graduate from our school so that
> any incoming mail will be forwarded to a new address and if they have
> not setup a forwarding address, their incoming mail will be deleted
> with an out of office reply sent to the sender indicating that the
> user is no longer a student and has not setup forwarding.  Graduated
> students would also not have OWA enabled as well.  The one thing that
> seems hard to do is to create a rule that will move all incoming mail
> to the deleted items folder.  Does anyone know of how to have all
> incoming mail subject to a rule to move to deleted items?

I would actually start by looking at the Exchange side of the house, rather
than Outlook.  Forget rules, try and program it into Exchange using event
scripting.  I'd try posting over in microsoft.public.exchange.admin as a
start.  Rules just seems like a hack solution, as opposed to a programmatic
solution in the server that checks for a hidden account with a certain AD
variable set to 'Matriculated' and replies with a custom address.

Or, keeping it on Exchange without programming, for users who set up a forwarding
address, that's simple enough to configure on the AD user, for the users
who don't, set their forwarding address to a custom address you've configured
to auto reply with 'We're sorry, the user you tried to mail has left this
college and not supplied a forwarding address.'

--
-f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)

Window Mail losing saved message content
In some folders whatever message I click on the same message opens regardless. If I try to move a message back to the Inbox then all messages in the folder show as "cannot find content" I have not deleted these messages but saved them in folders. Where did they go? How do I get them back? This has happened since my last backup so I cannot get them from the external backup file. Plus, this sho7uld not happen. I checked another folder, first it worked, then later it went bad as well. How do I get my emails restored, and how do I prevent this crap from happening ag...

How do I get an item's rank?
Hi, Let's say I have 10 merchants selling the same product at different prices. How do I get a vendor's ranking? I'd be passing the stored procedure ProductID and VendorID. And the data comes from a table with three columns ProductID, VendorID, Price where the Price field is smallmoney. -- Thanks, Sam Something like With RankedVendors As (Select ProductID, VendorID, Price, Row_Number() Over (Order By Price) As Rank From <YourTable> Where ProductID = <product you are looking for>) Select ProductID, VendorID, Price, Rank From RankedVendors ...

How do I delete a text box from an Excel spreadsheet?
Rightclick on it and select cut If the textbox is from the control toolbox toolbar, you may have to click on the designmode icon first. Uncle Binky wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Moving my Outlook files to new computer
How can I move my Outlook 2003 files (Contacts, Calendar, mail, etc) to a new computer? ...

Why does workbook think deleted macro still exits?
I have deleted the macros in a workbook but each time I open it there is still a messge stating there are macros. How do I stop the message from appearing? Thanks Karen ...

Attaching an e-mail into an e-mail
Our boss likes for us to draft her e-mails to be sent out. We type and attach the e-mail she wants, send it to her and all she has to do is open it up, make her changes and hit send. This used to work w/ 2000 but w/ 2003 it does not. Any suggestions? can you be a bit more specific, what is it that isnt working now ?? Regards Davidt "Hope" wrote: > Our boss likes for us to draft her e-mails to be sent out. We type and > attach the e-mail she wants, send it to her and all she has to do is open it > up, make her changes and hit send. This used to work w/ 2000 b...

Internet Mail Service Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C49F0B.EE172F50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Team, For quite sometime my Internet Mail Service for Exchange 5.5 get stopped = of its own. My present environment setup is:-=20 1. I have 5 Exchange administrative console located at 3 three = different building.=20 2. My OS is Windows 2000 Server with SP4 3. Exchange 5.5 with SP4=20 4.Running NAV for Exchange built 2.18=20 After going through application logs, I found following E...

Public Folders have disappeared
Unfortunately I have created a problem for myself. I was modifying the permissions for the public folders as follows: 1. Navigated to Administrative Groups > First Administrative Group > Folders; 2. Right-clicked on the Public Folder Tree and selected Properties; 3. Selected the Security tab; 4. Removed all groups from the security listing (excluding administrator), thinking this would stop users seeing the folders in Outlook; 5. Restarted the server; 6. Encountered the following problem: I now find that the public folders have disappeared from the Exchange system manager. However, ...

SMTP and Sent Items
Hi all, I am confused in the following matter and want to get some opinion... Current our office have a Exchange 2003 SP2 server running and clients are running a mix of Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 on SMTP (and some on X.400 as well). When users from X.400 sends email from outlook client, the items do appear on their Exchange Mail box sent items (this is obvious), but when SMTP users sends their email, the email does not behave the same way. Here are the questions I have? 1. Is this normal? By that I mean I believed that both should have a copy in their exchange mail box, but doesn&...

Mail Queues
Hello In Mail Queues I found some strange mail witch no content Message ID, Sender Subject, and Recipients its all blank! How to delete mail in Queues wich no Message ID, Sender Subject, and Recipients, satus its olways retry. When I right click on mail its show only properties. How to delete it??? Thanks Armarn O.R. Hi Armarn, If you right click on the queue itself in the left hand pane and choose to delete all mail(no ndr). Hope this helps, -- Patrick Genova Pgenova@online.microsoft.com Please do not send mail directly to this alias. This alias is for Newsgroup purposes only. Th...

Net Worth Report: Investment Account cash compenent as a separate line item
Is there a way to get MS Money to combine the cash account associated with an Investment account with the investment account. For investment accounts, 2 lines are unnecessarily reported in the Networth report such as below. I want only one amount reported. Account Name X $x Account Name X (cash) $Y Using Money 2004. Thx Probably not. Money really does think these are two accounts. You could always copy the report to Excel where you could make it say anything you want. "Bill Toupee" <billtupea@domain.com> wrote in message news:hmnXf.210000$H%4.1...

outlook mail merge from category
How do I separate out a particular category from my contacts to do a mail merge? Doesn't the "By Category" View of the Contacts Folder work for you? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "vedaggett" <vedaggett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CAD3829-DB46-4F94-9A79-9716640842DF@microsoft.com... > How do I separate out a particular category from my contacts to do a mail > merge? ...

can't delete mailbox #2
I deleted a user account in AD but when I go to Exchange system manager I can't delete the mailbox. What is the deal? Wait until AD replicates then you'll be able to purge the mailboxes with the red Xs "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23fkHzmOMGHA.1180@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I deleted a user account in AD but when I go to Exchange system manager I >can't delete the mailbox. What is the deal? > Right click on Mailboxes in ESM and select Run Cleanup Agent. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange M...

Internal Mail Problem
Hi all, I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from internal user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the x.400 address in the properties. This works well in Exchange 5.5 environment. But, how can I do this in Exchange 2003 environment, I cannot removed the smtp address in Exchange 2003, Please help, thanks. On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 00:46:12 +0800, <a> wrote: >Hi all, I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from internal >user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the x.400 address >in the properties. ...

Can't receive e-mails on windows mail
I have been trying to access e-mails and getting this message.? Any Help would be great. Thanks. I have re-done all the settings as per their website severall times but with no luck. Running Vista. Account: 'pop3.virginmedia.com', Server: 'pop3.virginmedia.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR not supported 3pf7420781ewy.51', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Follow the instructions in "How to use POP in Virgin Media Mail" at: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?...

problems with windows live mail
when windows live mail starts to download from my gmail pop account I always a box pop up saying "Internet Security Warning" dialog box "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. "The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value." "Do you want to continue using this server?" I click yes and it works, connects and downloads messages. Until the email client is close and restarted that is. Then once again on the first access the security certificate message is displayed. How do I get this to w...

Moving Average Trendline
The graph I am creating has a lot of noise in it. I want to smooth it out. Right now I am using a moving average trendline that kind of does the trick. When I do this I want to be able to work with the points that it has created to make the trendline. Is there a way to get the points that this line makes up? Or is there a way to filter the points in the graph such as take every tenth data point or would I have to do that with the original set used to make the graph by using a macro or something like that? You can calculate your own moving average. Say your data is in column D, sta...

Storage Folder 04-05-10
How do I unhide / create the storage folders? I have this folder on another computer that imported everything from Outlook Express it apparently was created automatically. I thought by using alt v that I could unhide the "storage folders" but could not find it. Thanks ...

Installed Exch2007 into existing 2003 site, cant send mail
I installed an Exchange 2007 server into our domain. This server is meant to be a test server. It created a different routing group for itself. It seemed to propogate all the correct settings for the connectors and our DMZ smart hosts, yet, on the test account I created, I cannot send email to either internal users on Exchange 2003 or to the Internet. -- "Technology also allows us to get very angry and abusive with people who can't punch us in the nose at that very minute." Scott Adams ...

How to recursively clear all the filters applied to a folder
Hello, In Outlook 2002 I would like to recursively clear all applied filters. I remember applying a filter to a folder but it seems Outlook applied the filters to all folders. Now the only solution I found to clear all filters is to clear them one by one by selecting View > Current View > Customize... > Filter... > Clear All. Isn't there a clear all feature for all views ? JM. You could reset all views to their defaults and delete all custom views = by starting Outlook with the /cleanviews switch. But there's no magic = method for keeping all view settings except the f...

Obtaining Path of the file/folder ?
Hi I have an mfc dialog based demo application. I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Explorer's context menu, which i m able to successfully by making some additions to the registry. Now whenever the user right clicks on some folder/file,the context menu displays my application's entry which gets executed when the user clicks on it. How can i obtain the path of the file/folder on which the user right clicked ? Waiting for suggestions Regards >I have an mfc dialog based demo application. >I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Expl...

Folder Context menu in Outlook
Hello, I have develop an Outlook COM Add-in with C#. This add-in use the Outlook Object Model and add a new menu in the Folder Context Menu command bar. The problem is when the current folder is for example "Inbox", and I click right on another folder, for example "MyFolder", I'm not able to retrieve the MAPIFolder of "MyFolder". Anybody have an idea? Thank you NotAMail ...

Purchasing Non Inventory Items
I need to know if anybody knows of a 3rd party provider that has built an add-on for Great Plains where you actually issue a receipt for non inventory items on a purchase order. We cannot just rely on using auto-invoice and throwing the PO in a batch to be posted. There has to be some acknowledgement that payables can see so when they get the invoice they know we have received the item. We are running GP 8.0 and very soon will be upgrading to 9.0 The Purchase Order module does allow you to create a receiving transaction for a non-inventoried item. If you don't want payables to re...

Unread search folder unavailable
Good Aftenoon, Could anybody help tell me why in Outlook 2007 on a Windows 7 machine I get the following error "The Operation Failed. An object could not be found." when clicking on the Unread Mail search folder and also why it is greyed out? This also happens for the Large Mail folder, but NOT the Categorized mail and For Follow-up Folders. Tom Can you create a new search folder with the same functions? See if this helps: http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/sf.html -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://...