This is very odd and I've found that I've had this problem before with
not finding icons.  Some I've found at the office don't appear here
and vice versa, or they act differently.  I have Outlook 2000 in both
places!  Very odd.

At home, I couldn't find the HIGH IMPORTANCE icon under the list of
items available in the customize.  Yet I have it at work.  That's the
one where when the HIGH IMPORTANCE is on, it shows a depressed button
state.  I really need that in both places.

Anyway, simple (or so I thought) - I ended up just brining the toolbar
from work on a floppy, as per normal.

But the MOVE TO FOLDER in the toolbar doesn't work the same here at
home now.  The icon works here as the MOVE TO FOLDER... one so now
every time I go to move a msg (which I do _constantly_ to keep my
inbox manageable), I get a folder list!  Every single time!!

I've gone through the customize options several times now since I
"installed" the toolbar from work.  I went back to the old one from
before and the MOVE TO FOLDER works fine there.  But the new items
available under customize don't show the one I need.

How can I get the one back that brings up the last folders visited
instead of the folder view?  Pls, it seems with Outlook, it's turning
out like Word <sigh>.  The more one uses it, the more one comes up
against its serious limitations.  It gets to be very frustrating and
difficult.  If I can just get this back, things will be easier.

(Thank god Excel has proved it goes the distance!  <g>)

Thank you so much!

0
No3567 (49)

Close Outlook - then find and rename the outcmd.dat file to .old.  Reopen
Outlook and use the customization options to set up your toolbar exactly how
you want.  Once you are done, close Outlook, find and copy the outcmd.dat
file to a safe place for storage.  Should you ever have problems again with
Outlook toolbars, just rename the current one and copy the saved outcmd.dat
file to the same location.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dylan56 asked:

| This is very odd and I've found that I've had this problem before with
| not finding icons.  Some I've found at the office don't appear here
| and vice versa, or they act differently.  I have Outlook 2000 in both
| places!  Very odd.
|
| At home, I couldn't find the HIGH IMPORTANCE icon under the list of
| items available in the customize.  Yet I have it at work.  That's the
| one where when the HIGH IMPORTANCE is on, it shows a depressed button
| state.  I really need that in both places.
|
| Anyway, simple (or so I thought) - I ended up just brining the toolbar
| from work on a floppy, as per normal.
|
| But the MOVE TO FOLDER in the toolbar doesn't work the same here at
| home now.  The icon works here as the MOVE TO FOLDER... one so now
| every time I go to move a msg (which I do _constantly_ to keep my
| inbox manageable), I get a folder list!  Every single time!!
|
| I've gone through the customize options several times now since I
| "installed" the toolbar from work.  I went back to the old one from
| before and the MOVE TO FOLDER works fine there.  But the new items
| available under customize don't show the one I need.
|
| How can I get the one back that brings up the last folders visited
| instead of the folder view?  Pls, it seems with Outlook, it's turning
| out like Word <sigh>.  The more one uses it, the more one comes up
| against its serious limitations.  It gets to be very frustrating and
| difficult.  If I can just get this back, things will be easier.
|
| (Thank god Excel has proved it goes the distance!  <g>)
|
| Thank you so much!

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
4/15/2004 6:16:38 PM
On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:16:38 -0700, "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org> wrote:

>Close Outlook - then find and rename the outcmd.dat file to .old.  Reopen
>Outlook and use the customization options to set up your toolbar exactly how
>you want.  Once you are done, close Outlook, find and copy the outcmd.dat
>file to a safe place for storage.  Should you ever have problems again with
>Outlook toolbars, just rename the current one and copy the saved outcmd.dat
>file to the same location.

Oh, no.  Does that mean I lost my current file?  Has it become
corrupted somehow?

>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
>the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal
>account will be deleted without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dylan56 asked:
>
>| This is very odd and I've found that I've had this problem before with
>| not finding icons.  Some I've found at the office don't appear here
>| and vice versa, or they act differently.  I have Outlook 2000 in both
>| places!  Very odd.
>|
>| At home, I couldn't find the HIGH IMPORTANCE icon under the list of
>| items available in the customize.  Yet I have it at work.  That's the
>| one where when the HIGH IMPORTANCE is on, it shows a depressed button
>| state.  I really need that in both places.
>|
>| Anyway, simple (or so I thought) - I ended up just brining the toolbar
>| from work on a floppy, as per normal.
>|
>| But the MOVE TO FOLDER in the toolbar doesn't work the same here at
>| home now.  The icon works here as the MOVE TO FOLDER... one so now
>| every time I go to move a msg (which I do _constantly_ to keep my
>| inbox manageable), I get a folder list!  Every single time!!
>|
>| I've gone through the customize options several times now since I
>| "installed" the toolbar from work.  I went back to the old one from
>| before and the MOVE TO FOLDER works fine there.  But the new items
>| available under customize don't show the one I need.
>|
>| How can I get the one back that brings up the last folders visited
>| instead of the folder view?  Pls, it seems with Outlook, it's turning
>| out like Word <sigh>.  The more one uses it, the more one comes up
>| against its serious limitations.  It gets to be very frustrating and
>| difficult.  If I can just get this back, things will be easier.
>|
>| (Thank god Excel has proved it goes the distance!  <g>)
>|
>| Thank you so much!

0
No3567 (49)

Moving the Exchange Server
Hello Everyone, We have a single Windows 2000 domain with Active Directory. In our domain, there are 3 sites and each site has its own subnet. We have two Exchange 2000 servers. One Exchange server is located in Site1 and the other Exchange server is located in Site3. The MX record points to the Exchange server in Site1. We are planning to move our Exchange server in Site1 to Site2. What are some of the things that need to be done? Thank you, Bernie ...

ranges to appear in a summary worksheet
I have one workbook with a summary worksheet and at least 50 more individual worksheets. Each one of these individual worksheets have many named ranges and I want some of them to appear on the first summary worksheet. How can I do that? Thank you L.T. I would use a macro for that. If you know your way around macros, make the Summary sheet the active sheet and use a number of statements like this one: Range("RangeName1").Copy [A1] RangeName1 is one of the range names you have in one of the other sheets. The A1 is the cell address of the top left corner of where you want that p...

can't move messages to personal folder
Hi, one of my users is trying to move the messages from her inbox to her personal folder that is on the share on the file server. The message she is getting is "some messages can't move because they are moved, deleted or corrupt" I abbreviated the message a little bit, but I am sure you can understand. I had similar issues when archiving, but taking Outlook offline fixed the problem. Taking it offline this time didn't help. If you try one by one sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. Any ideas? We are on the Exchange 5.5 SP 4 on Win2K box SP4 and Outlook 2002 SP3 on ...

Help! Mailbox move gone bad
Hi, I was moving a mailbox between 2 mail stores when the PC I was using to to do the move lost power. I now have a complete mailbox in the source mail store (which the user can still access) and a partial mailbox in the target mail store that is marked with a red X. The partial mailbox cannot be purged, and it tells me that the operation cannot be performed because the mailbox has been reconnected to an existing user account. The AD user account shows that its mailbox is the one in the original mail store. How do I get rid of the partial mailbox so I can try this again? Thanks fo...

Unlocking A Grid For Moving Text Around In A Chart: How, Please ?
Hello: Using MS Excel 97 SR-1 Guess this dates me pretty well,m but it does most everything I want. When making a graph, I sometimes put text notes in the graph. The text seems to be locking itself to a pre-ordained Grid. Is there any way to eliminate this grid locking, so I can move the text smoothly to where I want it ? Thanks, Bob Not sure if it is in Excel 97, but on the drawing toolbar in later versions there is an option 'snap to grid'. see if this helps -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hocke...

Need a ping API
I have searched.. is there a library or a chunk of code I can grab that lets me ping any IP address and time the response? BTW it's for PocketPC. Cheers. Look up CPing on http://www.naughter.com/ IIRC, the code demonstrates use of 2 different APIs. Hopefully, at least one should be supported on PocketPC. HTH, Serge. http://www.apptranslator.com - Localization tool for your MFC applications "Simon L" <silangdon@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:29087ab8-7ffd-40b2-bec9-5f4b4fafb27f@q77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have searched.. is there a library or a chunk o...

Connection needs to be closed
I am receiving the following in the event log on my F.E. server and the SMTP queue refuses to send: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: LDAP Event ID: 2115 Date: 6/24/2004 Time: 1:19:37 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE Description: Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=1620). DSAccess needs to close a connection to the Domain Controller primary.cedardoc.com due to error 0x80040951. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Event Type: Warning Event...

Help Needed Fixing Code !!!!!!!!!!
I need someone to take a look at this code for me and telling me what I am doing wrong. What I am trying to do is delete any row where this condition is true: c.Offset(0, 2) <> "Completed" And c.Offset(0, 3) <> "Completed" And _ c.Offset(0, 4) <> "Completed" And c.Offset(0, 5) <> "Completed" In other words, if the values in these cells are anything but complete, delete the entire row. For Each c In Worksheets("Ready for DDS").Range("B2:B" & SL_lRow).Cells If c.Offset(0, 2) &l...

move down one row
I'm trying to write a macro that goes to the first blank cell at the end of a column. I found Selection.End(xlDown).select this gets me to the end of the list but I can't figure out what to add to move down 1 row. If there is another way to do the same thing please tell me. Thanks in advance for the help ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Range("A1").Select Will move down 1 cell. "Truseeker" <truseeker@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2o6dnSs2_5oGJaTfRVn-pg@giganews.com... > I'm trying to write a macro that goes to the first blank cell at the end...

Front-End / Back-End Ports Needed
Hi, We are installing Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 in a Front-End / Back-End setup. Our Front-End servers will be in the DMZ. I need to know what ports I need to open up on my firewall? The Front-End servers will be used for OWA so users will need to valdate against Active Directory. Thanks for any help. Clayton Check with this article, 280132 -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at htt...

No "M" drive in explorer and cannot open mailbox folders
Just installed Exch 2003 on Win 2000 Server and cannot see the "M" drive in explorer, and, cannot from a client open up mailbox folders. Any ideas why? Thx in advance! I just installed 2003 over 2000 and have the same problem. I can't see M so I can't get to the public folders. I hope someone here knows the answer. >-----Original Message----- >Just installed Exch 2003 on Win 2000 Server and cannot see >the "M" drive in explorer, and, cannot from a client open >up mailbox folders. > >Any ideas why? Thx in advance! >. > There is ...

Exclude folders in a search folder
Hi all, Just a quick question, I'm looking at the search folders of outlook 11. Is it possible to create a custom search and exclude some folders from the result.. For example: all unread mail execpt the mail in "junk", "newsletters" en "sent items". thanks Zodiac Yep right click the search folder and select Customize this folder, you can choose which folders to include by using the browse button "Zodiac" <Nomail@internet.com> wrote in message news:Xns9492CF9A8451ANomailinternetcom@207.46.248.16... > > Hi all, > > Just a qu...

Organizing mail folders in Outlook
Does anyone know how to organize +100 mail folders in Outlook? It is very difficult to scroll and read these +100 mail folders. Color-coded these folders would be my first choice but Outlook doesn't offer this function. Is there another add on software to Outlook to make things more easier to organize these folders and to work with? Please advise. Thanks very much. "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FA0A666-347E-4246-B093-164FDD157D6B@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how to organize +100 mail folders in Outlook? It is very &...

Possible to prevent Contracts from posting, or otherwise moving to history after Transfer
To expound: I would like to prevent Contracts from moving into history once their full quantity has been fulfilled using Invoice transfers. I currently have VBA code to prevent this, but once in awhile we have a Contract slip through. As far as I know, once a contract moves to history, it cannot be released from anymore but we need this kind of control because sometimes we'll have an Invoice that must be returned, and a new one issued against the same contract. What is MBS's suggestion to handle this scenario? ...

VBA Error NEED HELP!!!
I am trying to create a "smart" database intermediary. I am trying to use the item number from the import value into a SQL Select statement as show below in my code to match up with only GP items associated with the generic item number. I am getting an error 424 (Object required) at run-time. Private Sub ItemNumber_GotFocus() Dim rst As Recordset Dim db As Database Dim strSQL As String 'Sets the RowSourceType to a Query ExportedItems.RowSourceType = "Value List" 'SQL string to query dynamically from Item Number in Access database If (Not IsNull(Me.Control...

Re: I need to import data into two tables...?
"i_takeuti" <i_takeuti@mx9.kct. ne.jp> wrote in message news:... > > "Kelvin Beaton" <kelvin at mccsa dot com> wrote in message > news:Om1Fi2GfHHA.928@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >>I have a database that is basically a contact database. >> A Client's table and a Contact's table. >> >> We will be recieving data in a spreadsheet that consistes of contact >> data, and the children's name of the person bing contacted. >> >> I'd like to upload the children's names into the memo field of the >&g...

Can't get folder setting to stick
Hello All I'm hoping someone can help with this folder settings problem. When I click "Underline icons only when I point to them" in Tools/folder options and then hit Apply or OK, Windows won't change the setting. The folder icons and names remain underlined. If I reopen Tools/folder options, sure enough it's set back to "Underline icon tiles consistent with my browser." I've done this repeatedly. I've also tried switching first to Windows Classic folders, with the same result. Any idea why it won't change? Incidentally, I can chan...

dont need anymore these information
Hi all and thanx again for sharing your great knowledge with others, Im looking to do the following it should be as a macro in VB on a sheet which is protected and with a password, if say AND(D1 is less then zero (0) delete contents from entire row, D2 less then zero delete contents from entire row, and same on D3 and so on, so the macro will search the entire sheet in column D, if cell in D column is less then 0 delete contents from entire row. Thanx again This will remove the entire row when the cell being checked is less than zero until the cell is found to be empty. Is this what ...

Re: Exporting from a Public Folder
see http://www.onekit.com/store/review/344.html - "Organize your contacts in the way you need" or http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imice.htm - IMI Contacts Exporter "IMI Contacts Exporter for Microsoft Exchange Server is small utility specially designed for Microsoft Outlook users to export Contacts from any Outlook and/or Exchange Public Contacts Folder (or private Mailbox folder) to MS Access 2000 table or MS Excel file." "Phillybanker" <Phillybanker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > I have combined the contacts of several colle...

V10 Shortcut folders
While training users in V10 navigation I was unable to move a shortcut into a folder. I just tested on my local install and had the same issue. I tested it in V9 and it worked fine. has this changed in V10? thx, Doug -- Doug Wilson Dynamics GP Consultant Emergence Bermuda Doug, I am afraid so! The most convenient drag and drop function has been replaced by ol' fashioned cut and paste, go figure! Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com &q...

how do I set up offline folder to automatically sync
I would like to set up an automatic synch on exit when I am working offline using Outlook 2002. Is there a way to do this? I know in Outlook 2000, if you go to Tools>Options and click on the Mail Services tab, there is a check box under "enable off Access" that says "When Online, syncronize all folder upon exiting". This should make that work. >-----Original Message----- >I would like to set up an automatic synch on exit when I >am working offline using Outlook 2002. Is there a way to >do this? >. > ...

User does not appear in Outlook Address Book
I created a user a few months back and the user is not listed in the Address Book. I have created users after this one and I have had no problems. The user has no problems sending or receiving as long as the email address is input into the field. How can I make the user appear in Address Book.... When you say they do not appear in the GAL, is this through Outlook 2003 ? If so, is it in cached mode ? If you have a look at an address list rather than the GAL do the users appear, to so this go into Outlook and create a new message, click on To: and then under "show names from the" c...

need help with using Free/Busy on the Web
I want to post my Calendar to our company's website, so I'm using the Free/Busy feature in Outlook 2000. I successfully posted my vfb file to www.mydomain.com/freebusy (bogus site). I then went to another user's PC and pulled up my Contact and went into Details and entered my Free/Busy address as http://www.mydomain.com/freebusy/myname.vfb. When I tried to creat a New Meeting Request and invite myself, an error came back saying it couldn't connect to the URL. Now, I would rather use FTP instead of HTTP for all this, but I had trouble there too. I pulled up MS KB article 291621...

Help Need: How to create users with different permissions?
Hello everyone! I'm in a bit of a problem: already have the database working perfectly, but now, i need urgently to give a user administrator with full permissions, and a user with limited permissions (just for entering data). I'm not familarized with sql...is this a problem to solve my question? :D :::::Thanks in advance to everyone helping me::::: SQL isn't the key in this instance but rather user-level security (ULS) (tools-security-user level security wizard). be sure to do a backup before proceeding. Look in the help file for more info. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pi...

during set up tells me that the ost file is not a offline folder #2
when I went to set up outlook when it attempts to create a default folderit tells me that the outlook.ost file is not an offline folder - when I click OK it closes outlook - so I am in a loop ...