Move SeaMonkey/Thunderbird e-mail to Outlook 2007 (without OE)

I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and am trialling Office 2007
Professional.  I currently use SeaMonkey as a browser/e-mail client but want
to move to Outlook 2007 because I prefer it.  Is there a way to export my
mail from SeaMonkey (nee Thunderbird) to Outlook 2007 without using the old
Outlook Express/MS Mail method that has been about for a number of years?

You may want to review this article for future reference:

How do I import from ??? in Outlook
http://www.contactgenie.com/blog/?p=185

Doing a quick google search:

Importing and exporting your mail
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Importing_and_exporting_your_mail

Add-ons for SeaMoneky
Contact Import/Export/Merge/Etc Add-Ons
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/collection/d821dada-88ad-7a9f-c38f-7f67a6156e0d

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"Guardinner" <Guardinner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and am trialling Office 2007
> Professional.  I currently use SeaMonkey as a browser/e-mail client but
> want
> to move to Outlook 2007 because I prefer it.  Is there a way to export my
> mail from SeaMonkey (nee Thunderbird) to Outlook 2007 without using the
> old
> Outlook Express/MS Mail method that has been about for a number of years?

0
Karl
3/21/2010 2:33:14 PM
Hi Karl,

Unfortunately I have seen most of this information already and they all
involve using an intermediary, whether it be Eudora, Outlook Express or some
other O/S - usually 'Mail' in Vista. I am beginning to think the simple
answer to my query is 'no, it cannot be done'.

Either way, thanks for taking the time to answer, I appreciate it.

Andy

"Karl Timmermans" wrote:

> You may want to review this article for future reference:
>
> How do I import from ??? in Outlook
> http://www.contactgenie.com/blog/?p=185
>
> Doing a quick google search:
>
> Importing and exporting your mail
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Importing_and_exporting_your_mail
>
> Add-ons for SeaMoneky
> Contact Import/Export/Merge/Etc Add-Ons
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/collection/d821dada-88ad-7a9f-c38f-7f67a6156e0d
>
> Karl
> Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
> ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
> "Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
> http://www.contactgenie.com
>

> "Guardinner" <Guardinner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and am trialling Office 2007
> > Professional.  I currently use SeaMonkey as a browser/e-mail client but
> > want
> > to move to Outlook 2007 because I prefer it.  Is there a way to export my
> > mail from SeaMonkey (nee Thunderbird) to Outlook 2007 without using the
> > old
> > Outlook Express/MS Mail method that has been about for a number of years?
>

> .

You might want to take a look at the solution from these folks - seems they
cover your format for mail.

http://www.aid4mail.com/specifications.php

> Hi Karl,
>
> Unfortunately I have seen most of this information already and they all
> involve using an intermediary, whether it be Eudora, Outlook Express or
> some
> other O/S - usually 'Mail' in Vista. I am beginning to think the simple
> answer to my query is 'no, it cannot be done'.
>
> Either way, thanks for taking the time to answer, I appreciate it.
>
> Andy
>
> "Karl Timmermans" wrote:
>
>> You may want to review this article for future reference:
>>
>> How do I import from ??? in Outlook
>> http://www.contactgenie.com/blog/?p=185
>>
>> Doing a quick google search:
>>
>> Importing and exporting your mail
>> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Importing_and_exporting_your_mail
>>
>> Add-ons for SeaMoneky
>> Contact Import/Export/Merge/Etc Add-Ons
>> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/collection/d821dada-88ad-7a9f-c38f-7f67a6156e0d
>>
>> Karl
>> --
>> Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
>> ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
>> "Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
>> http://www.contactgenie.com
>>

>> "Guardinner" <Guardinner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and am trialling Office 2007
>> > Professional.  I currently use SeaMonkey as a browser/e-mail client
>> > but
>> > want
>> > to move to Outlook 2007 because I prefer it.  Is there a way to export
>> > my
>> > mail from SeaMonkey (nee Thunderbird) to Outlook 2007 without using
>> > the
>> > old
>> > Outlook Express/MS Mail method that has been about for a number of
>> > years?
>>

>> .

0
Karl
3/21/2010 11:55:21 PM
"Guardinner" <Guardinner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Karl,
>
> Unfortunately I have seen most of this information already and they all
> involve using an intermediary, whether it be Eudora, Outlook Express or
> some
> other O/S - usually 'Mail' in Vista. I am beginning to think the simple
> answer to my query is 'no, it cannot be done'.

Well seeing as Outlook won't import Mozilla mail and Mozilla Mail won't
export to Outlook then you're going to HAVE to use some third-party
intermediary unless your Mail Provider offers IMAP email accounts. If they
do then you can use that in each client to move mail.

0
Gordon

Runtime Error when closing OUTLOOK 2k

move cell contents