Move Personal Folders Up or Down

I have a couple personal folders created along with a folder that comes
from an exchange server.  One personal folder is setup to receive all
incoming emails and also store outgoing emails. The other personal
folder is setup to organize, where I can move emails from one personal
folder to the next.

My question is, is it possible to move the location of how the personal
folders appear in outlook 2003?  Right now I have my menu with Personal
Folder(1) on top, the Exchange default Folder in the middle, and
Personal Folder (2) on the bottom.

The default exchange folder is now being bypassed, so i would like to
move its order to bottom and it doesnt appear i can just drag and drop.
Is there any alternative to right click ->closing the folder?

0
drecla (3)

Doug Recla <drecla@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a couple personal folders created along with a folder that
> comes from an exchange server.  One personal folder is setup to
> receive all incoming emails and also store outgoing emails. The other
> personal folder is setup to organize, where I can move emails from
> one personal folder to the next.
>
> My question is, is it possible to move the location of how the
> personal folders appear in outlook 2003?  Right now I have my menu
> with Personal Folder(1) on top, the Exchange default Folder in the
> middle, and Personal Folder (2) on the bottom.
>
> The default exchange folder is now being bypassed, so i would like to
> move its order to bottom and it doesnt appear i can just drag and
> drop. Is there any alternative to right click ->closing the folder?

I've had some luck by adding the services to the mail profile in the order I
want them displayed.

Why are you having your mail delivered to a PST?  That defeats many of the
features available with Exchange.  No sharing and no free/busy for example.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/26/2006 2:14:25 PM

In news:%23IG0y6MgGHA.5088@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
Brian Tillman <tillman1952@yahoo.com> typed:
> Doug Recla <drecla@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a couple personal folders created along with a folder that
>> comes from an exchange server.  One personal folder is setup to
>> receive all incoming emails and also store outgoing emails. The other
>> personal folder is setup to organize, where I can move emails from
>> one personal folder to the next.
>>
>> My question is, is it possible to move the location of how the
>> personal folders appear in outlook 2003?  Right now I have my menu
>> with Personal Folder(1) on top, the Exchange default Folder in the
>> middle, and Personal Folder (2) on the bottom.
>>
>> The default exchange folder is now being bypassed, so i would like to
>> move its order to bottom and it doesnt appear i can just drag and
>> drop. Is there any alternative to right click ->closing the folder?
>
> I've had some luck by adding the services to the mail profile in the
> order I want them displayed.
>
> Why are you having your mail delivered to a PST?  That defeats many
> of the features available with Exchange.  No sharing and no free/busy
> for example.

....and no OWA and no centralized backups and no single instance storage and
no deleted item retention and so on and so on!

0
lanwench (7567)

How to Hide Left Panel of Folder Window?
I'm well behind the Windows curve and I'm just now learning to use Windows XP Home. Up to now I've been using Windows 2000 Pro. On my XP desktop I have a shortcut to my music folder which containins my MP3 files. When I double click on the shortcut, a window opens on the desktop displaying the contents of my music folder. This window has a panel along the left side containing items like "File and Folder Tasks" and "Other Places." I can't figure out how to close, hide or otherwise delete this panel. This panel takes up a lot of prec...

Possible to send email directly to a folder?
I know I've seen this done but I cannot remember how to send email to a folder by using its address in the CC: block.... When sending email, how can I also include the "address" of an OL folder in one of my open PSTso it automatically receives a copy of the email (much like Sent Items)? How about to my OL folders in my Exchange server? I have some templates filled with about 90% of what I have to send on a recurring basis, and preconfiguring the folder where I copy these (ffor later reference) would save me some work. I can swear I did this before but cannot find it now. TI...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

Public folder issue, "messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running a SBS2003 domain and just added a public folder and a customized form for entry into the public folder. All of our clients (all XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with all updates) can get to that folder and use the form without any difficulty except for one. On one computer I get the classic "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." error message. I have tried a repair install, no change. I have tried making a new profile, no change. I have tried adding / removing his PST file (currently he's not even using a pst file...

Activities/Journaling for Public Folder Contacts
I've created a company contacts folder in the Public Folders on Exchange 2k3. I've also created a journal folder in the public folders. I can set the contact folder to search the journal folder when I hit the activities tab, but I can't figure out how to make new journal entries go into the public folder journal instead of my mailbox journal. How do I do this? ...

Moving from Home & Student to Full version of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need Exchange support and therefore I am planning to buy the Full version of MS Office 2008 for Mac. I already purchased and installed (and have been using) MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. My questions are: 1. Should I uninstall the Home & Student edition before installing the Full version? (I assume so). 2. How do I make sure that the data I have already created in Office 2008 Home & Student edition will be available to me after installing the Full version? In particular, how do I make sure that ...

I need help restoring Public Folders
Hi I've been having issues getting Public Folder replication going between 2 Exchange 2003 servers. Prior to doing any work I performed a Backup using Veritas Backup Exec and this completed and verified correctly. I screwed things up and managed to delete some of the public folders on my original server. I'm not 100% sure what I did but it is a mess and the only backup I have is the Exchange backup I created before doing any work. The public folders contain a number of Contact Lists and a very important Event Calendar. I have restored the public folders but when the restore c...

Personal Folder Error when opening Outook 2002
When opening Outlook 2002, I receive the message that the Personal folder was not closed properly and needs to be checked. I allow the check to run, and all is fine. But this error message reappears after I close and reopen Outlook. Please Reply. thanks. ...

Hide Global.xls (personal.xls) in project explorer
How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want my normal project there. Helge You can't hide it, but you could give it a password: Select your project Tools|VBAProject|Protection tab Give it a memorable password At least the project won't be too intrusive. nankerp wrote: > > How do I hide VBAProject(Global.xls) in project explorer. I just want > my normal project there. > > Helge -- Dave Peterson ...

Users cannot login to OWA after Exchange 2K3 was moved into different OU
I created a new OU named member servers, and moved the exchange 2k3 server into it. After I moved it, only the administrator was able to login to OWA successfully. No users could login to OWA. I created a test account with a mailbox, and was able to login to OWA with the newly created test account. I then moved the exchange 2k3 server from the member servers OU into the computers OU, and the newly created account was unable to login to OWA. Any help with this would be appreciated. ...

Moving certain data to different sheet
I need to move data that meets a certain criteria, to another sheet within a workbook. For instance, if a column of data is for a certain ZIP code area, I need it to automatically copy to a sheet for that city. Say, 40202 would go to the Louisville, KY sheet. Because Louisville has multiple ZIPs, I would need only the data that begins with 402 to go to that sheet. Lexington KY's data, which begins with ZIP code 405, would go to its own sheet. Macro? Formula? Thanks! This can definitely not be created with a formula. I suggest that you make use of the macros. Rgrds, Kris...

Deleted calendar from Public Folders
Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is there a way to bring it back? I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering deleted items from a public folder", but the article is gone. On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 21:28:01 -0700, Daniel <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Accidentally I deleted Calendar in Public Folders on the Exchange 2000. Is >there a way to bring it back? >I tried to locate an article in Knowlege Base searching with "Recovering >deleted items from a public folder", but the a...

Pie Chart Plot Area Moves
After printing a pie chart, the plot area relocates itself. I wrote a procedure to bring it back to the designated "top" and "left" coordinates the next time the sheet is activated, but the plot area doesn't relocate until the sheet is activated a SECOND time. Does anyone know how to fix? Thank you. ...

Show picture outline only when moving in PowerPoint
It's probably simple when you know it, but I'm sure there's a setting that I can toggle, so when I move a large picture in PowerPoint, only the outline shows, not the whole picture. This is because the pictures I'm inserting need to be of good quality, and my laptop struggles with them when I move them. ...

You cannot copy or move messages to public folders
I have a few users who get the following error when trying to move messages from their inbox into a public folder - "Can't move the items. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator" I have found the following on microsofts website and have made those changes but it has not solved the issue http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330752 has anyone seen this before? I have also downloaded outspy and run this on messages that have failed and on messages that are ok. However im not really su...

Move server between Admin Groups #2
We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move some exchange servers from one admin group to another. I know there is not a native way in Exchange 2003 to do this. Does anyone have ideas on how to accomplish this besides a swing server to the new Admin Group? Third party Software? Our environment is 2003 Forest functional and domain level. Exchange 2003 mixed mode. On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 14:16:23 -0500, "Tim Kalligonis" <tkalligonis@comcast.net> wrote: >We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move >so...

Sending multiple Emails so each person does not get the list
We want to send out multiple emails to several email accounts. We dont want the accounts to see the list of accounts that the email went to. How does one do this in Outlook? In any contacts folder, Tools | Mail Merge is the best choice. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message = ...

how do i move my taskbar back to bottom of my screen?
my Start button and taskbar shifted to the right side of my screen, how do i move it back to the bottom of my screen? KrisE wrote: > my Start button and taskbar shifted to the right side of my screen, > how do i move it back to the bottom of my screen? Drag them back to where you want them. Note - this is a Microsoft Outlook group. Your question would be best posted in one for your OS. "=?Utf-8?B?S3Jpc0U=?=" <KrisE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:65D28727-E334-4D05-ABAA-37F0B9CAEC66@microsoft.com: > my Start button and taskbar shifted to the right sid...

Public Folder Replication #19
I have 3 exchange 2003 servers. Server A is in Site A. Server B and B-1 are in site B. B-1 is a new load of exchange 2003 and I plan on moving all the mail boxes from B to B-1 but first I must set up the public folders which all have a home on server A and have been replicated to B. I went into the esm and added B-1 as a replica for all the folders that had a replica to B. Later that day I checked and the folder hiarchy had replicated onto B-1 but all the folders are empty. Are these folders going to update and fill with the public folder data or do I need to force this? I tried the send conte...

Moving Exchange 5.5 #2
I am having problems with my hardware and want to move Exchange onto another box. We currently have Exchange 5.5 sp4 running on Windows NT. I want to buy a new server and run Exchange 5.5 sp4 on Windows 2k. They will not let me upgrade the version of Exchange. Are there any white sheets or any links that could be suggested to handle this migration from an NT server to a W2k server? best way to do this is to bring up your new server, joining the site, then move all the mailboxes, and replicate all public folders...then see this article about removing the first server... http://support.microsof...

Outlook 2002 and Personal address book
Outlook 2002: I would like to put people in my personal address book on e-mail, but when I click on the person's e-mail address it only says "Add to contacts". It doesn't say add to personal address book. Can you make it add to personal address book please? Thanks! ...

Error Message using Personal Folders Back-up
I recently downloaded and installed the Personal Folders Back-Up program into my Outlook 2000. I have it set to back up my Personal folder to a Zip drive when I exit Outlook. When the I exit the program I keep getting the following message "Cannot copy outlook: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file." What do I need to do to get this to work properly? I would like to be able to back up my Personal folder without exporting each subfolder to the zip drive individually. I also tried backing up to other locations with the sam...

How many Personal Folders
How many personal folders can you create/open in Outlook 2003? We have a couple users that have created dozens of personal folders. I know there's a limit to the file size of a personal folder (around 100MB or bigger it can corrupt easier). I was wondering if there's a limit to the number of .PST files Outlook can have open and displayed. ...