Move Mails from OutlookExpress5/98 to OE6/XP

I have mails in my OutlookExpress5 on Win98 in my old PC, and I just bought a
new laptop with OutlookExpress6 running on XP.

How can I move my mails from OE5/98 in my old PC to OE6/XP in my new laptop?

Your help much appreciated.

David (dht_david@hotmail.com)
0
dht_david (1)

This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different
program despite its similar name..

You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an
outlook express news group.

Try posting in one of these newsgroups:

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
(dht_david@hotmail.com)@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have mails in my OutlookExpress5 on Win98 in my old PC, and I just bought
> new laptop with OutlookExpress6 running on XP.
>
> How can I move my mails from OE5/98 in my old PC to OE6/XP in my new
> laptop?
>
> Your help much appreciated.
>
> David (dht_david@hotmail.com)

0
russval1 (2100)

Viso 2007 and Office XP
Hi I would like to install Visio 2007 on a machine that is running Windows XP and Office XP. Are there any issues thatI need to watch for? Bruce Kirkby Hi Bruce, I'm using XP and Visio 2007, and it's working fine for me. I also have Visio 2003 concurrently installed, no problems! Oooh, I'm an MVP and haven't installed Vista yet - SHHHHH!!!! : ) -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP Free Visio shapes: http://www.visguy.com/category/shapes Visio programming info: http://www.visguy.com/category/programming/ Other Visio resources: http://www.visguy.com/visio-lin...

Problem placing Mail Merge Results on one page
Hello Experts, This is what I am trying to accomplish: I use Publisher to create 4 x 6 labels and I decided that I want to become more efficient. I have merged my label to an excel spreadsheet. I am grabbing data from two fields within the excel spreadsheet. I have used a filter to filter out the ones I don't want. Everything works except one thing. When it comes time to print, it print one merge result to one label. So if I have five results, it will print 5 individual labels for each merge result. I want to be able to print all five results to just one label. Is this possible? ...

Mail delivery stopped
I am running Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise along with Windows Server 2003 Enterprise. I am not anywhere near an expert on these systems, they were part of my partner pack and I'm learning. Here is the issue, up until May 8, 2004 I was sending and receiving messages both to and from the Internet and across my LAN without issue. Everything worked and I was not generating error messages. On May 9 we had a power outage that took down my server. From that point forward I have been unable to receive messages from the Internet. I can still send to the Internet and across the Exchange Serv...

Outlook Tasks sent from Windows XP do not open in Vista
All three Computers run Office 2003. Two computers run Windows XP and one runs Vista. Tasks cannot be opened on Vista when they are sent from Windows XP. Any solutions or bridge programs available? ...

Econnect / XP SP2 / issues
Hello there, We'd been using the econnect client on a computer running Windows XP Pro SP1 for quite sometime with no trouble at all. But ever since the operating system was upgraded to SP2, the econnect stopped working. We think that the Windows XP SP2 firewall might have something to do with this trouble; but even though we turned it off, the error remains. We're using the econnect sending utility to connect to a SQL Server 2000 SP4 server running on Windows 2K SP4 via a DSN. We get the following error: Error number = -2147168246 Error description = New transaction cannot enlist...

exchange send message warming to a new mail recieved (exchange 200
it´s any possibility sending a message to a host to advise that it has a new mail without owa or outlook opens. How the user will know it got a message without OWA or Outlook open? What is wrong with having Outlook running? bartimore wrote: > it´s any possibility sending a message to a host to advise that it has a new > mail without owa or outlook opens. Yes, you could walk over to them and ask them to start OWA or Outlook ;) -GT "bartimore" <bartimore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D6CF1FB-F105-4524-8CD9-5FE5A8E659AB@microsoft.com.....

Junk e-mail #3
When I access the junk e-mail folder, outlook closes. Bummer - care to share some useful details and the troubleshooting steps you have already taken? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Robert K. Hodson asked this group: | When I access the junk e-mail folder, outlook closes. I have done nothing other than reinstallling outlook. Even when Outlook was reintalled, the problem...

Inbox mail
I am looking for information on how to keep my unread mail showing as unread UNTIL I actually click to open it? When I click on various folders to check mail that is unread (or that I have marked as unread) I get frustrated how the most recent unread mail will open automatically, showing that it is 'read', without me having to actually click on it to read it. I would like to know if there is a way to set a rule so that mail will remain unread until I click on it.. Thanks! Kathy wrote: > I am looking for information on how to keep my unread mail showing as unrea...

Mail sales literature ??
Has anyone come up with a solution to mail sales literature in CRM 4.0 ?? /Jack Hi, You can download the literature to your computer and then attach it to the e-mail. The Sales Literature repository allows for storage to ensure everyone has the latest documents. "CRM master" wrote: > Has anyone come up with a solution to mail sales literature in CRM 4.0 ?? > > /Jack Well, I know that, and that really sux :) WHY is CRM so good in many ways and so really bad in others like this and other email functions. Well i'm going to convergence and maybe I can yell loud ...

Macro to Delete Blanks in Col and Move Remainder of Range Up
Win7 and Excel 2007 with ASAP Utilities Named range in a column with data filled by Paste-Special-Values and sorted A-Z by a Macro. All cells are text. Some cells are blank and sort to the top of the range. I would like to delete the blank cells and have the remaining values moved up but cannot write the required Macro. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Eric Try recording it and if you still can't get it post back with ALL of your code. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Zaidy036" <ericNOSPAM@bloch.com...

Opening Outlook Web Access 2003 on Windows 98
Does anyone know if there are any problems associated with using Outlook Web Access 2003 on Windows 98? The requirement would be for Internet Explorer. Please read the following; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821909&Product=exch2003 "Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8D2196C-7393-488A-887F-30631365102E@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there are any problems associated with using Outlook Web Access 2003 on Windows 98? ...

Undeleting mails that were deleted
I know how to recover deleted mails in Outlook, but how would you do that for individual mailboxes at the server side in E2k3? R Green On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:21:41 -0800, "R Green" <[news}@wowsat.com> wrote: >I know how to recover deleted mails in Outlook, but how would you do that >for individual mailboxes at the server side in E2k3? > >R Green > Exmerge them out I guess and exmerge them back in. Recover deleted mailboxes? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274343/en-us Recover deleted items in mailboxes from the server? Depends on your backup tools. &...

Data is lost...XP
I got excel file from mail.This file use second excel file to get some data . When I open excel file that I got, I can see data but XP ask me do you want tu update or not ,When I select one of them,some of my data is lost ... On the orther side ,When try same thing in office97 , ask me yes no, When I select yes or no,I can see data in excel file I got from mail. What is problem in XP ? I need help this is a bug ????????????????????????? ...

How to identify a mail item from a public folder in MS Outlook
Hi, I have developed an application which read mails from a user selected folder of MS Outlook. Following is a code sample. loOutlookSession = CREATEOBJECT("OutLook.Application") loNameSpace = loOutlookSession.GetNameSpace("MAPI") loMailFolder = loNameSpace.PickFolder() IF loMailFolder.DefaultItemType = 0 ** This is a folder with mail items ENDIF This works fine as long as a mail folder is selected but if the user selects a public folder it does not imports its mails as the public folder's DefaultItemType property returns 6. I noticed that these...

Redirecting all e-mail from one external user (or domain) to an SBS (2003) user
Hello - this might seem a silly question, I hope not. I have a client who wishes to redirect all e-mail coming from an external user (example: fred@xyz.com), to a local user (wilma@companyname.com) I can block the e-mail from either the specific user or the domain, with or without an archive, in System Manager > Message Delivery properties, but cannot work out how to simply forward the specific e-mails. Any assistance greatly appreciated, Thanks, Ashley ...

Can I combine mail and catalog merges?
Another way to frame the problem quickly: "Can I set up a mail merge where each recipient has their own catalog in Publisher 2003?" Hi there, I have not used Publisher before (just some Pagemaker). I am very interested in Publisher 2003's catalog merge capability. I would like to create a survey booklet that will be customized for each recipient, with about 300 recipients in total. Of course, a mail merge is the answer. However, for each recipient, I would like to perform a catalog merge, so that I can ask questions about a variable number of identical things. Specificall...

how to designate junk mail as not junk mail-using outlook 2002
Outlooks incorrectly thinks an email is junk but it is NOT junk. How do I designate that email as NOT Junk? Using Outlook 2002. Thank YOU -- Gene Outlook doesn't have a spam filter. Look at the options of the 3rd party spam filter that you are using or check your rules; Tools-> Wizard Rules... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Gene" <Gene@discussi...

e-mail blocking with Outlook 2003 and Symantec
Outlook 2003 will have trouble finding the POP and SMPT mail servers with Norton scanning e-mail using Systemworks 2004 without a Norton firewall. The machine is behind a router that works fine for Internet access but keeps kicking off e-mail. Turning off Norton e-mail monitoring solves the problem. How should I proceed to protect my Outlook e-mail traffic. You really don't need to protect it- unless you can't trust yourself to delete messages unread. Did you try turning up the timeout? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coautho...

XP Pro will not load
Posted in XP General but recommended I post in Hardware so here goes. Dell Dimension PC w/Win XP Pro - Started getting msg bout hard disk Failure on startup. Ran diagnostics and rec'd error code indicating drive was failing. Purchased and installed new WD Cav Blue drive. Drive has Zip Drive on same cable. Tried all kinds of combos. Removed zip, reset jumpers and still XP will not load. Initial blue screen comes up indicating set up is checking configuration then screen goes black and that's it. Thought it mite be cause new drive not partitioned so put drive in a...

Junk Mail Filtering using Internet Header Information
I am installing an Exchange 2003 Server that is behind a Mirapoint MD450 appliance that has virus and spam filtering. This new Exchange Server is replacing a SUN Mail system. Currently, the MD450 inserts information into the Internet Header giving a junk mail weighting factor that the SUN Mail system evaluates and depending on the value sends the mail to the user's Junk Folder. The information that is inserted in the header is in the form "X-Junkmail-Status: score=24/50, host=md450.xxxxx.com". I have installed the Intelligent Message Filter, which uses some sort of SDL fa...

Print Mailing Labels?
Hi, I have a database of names that was sent to me in Excel. I need to print mailing labels from the addresses. How can I do this? Thanks, Glenn "Glenn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:065f01c3de9b$ec02ced0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a database of names that was sent to me in Excel. I > need to print mailing labels from the addresses. How can I > do this? > > Thanks, > Glenn Do a mail merge in Word, using the Excel file as the data source. Hi, Thanks, I will try it. Glenn >-----Original Message----- &...

moving emails to another contact
I have two contacts that are the same person, with the same email address. I want to clean out and delete one of the contacts. Both contact records have had emails associated with them. How do I change one contacts emails to be linked to the other contact so I can delete the first contact? I can't see how this can be done without just changing the raw data in the table. Thank you. ...

Adding a "New Mail Button" to Navigation Pane in 2003
Good Afternoon. I would like to add a button to bring up a new message to the navigation pane in outlook 2003. In previous versions of outlook I could just grab the executable from somewhere in the office directory, but I cant find it for office 2003. Does anyone out there know how this can be acomplished? Thanks, Luke MacNeil demensia@techie.com you can"t modify the navigation pane to add buttons in Outlook 2003. Sorry. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups***...

Outlook 98 Dr. Watson errors on Win NT
PLease help with advice on following situation. Outlook 98 running on Win NT with latest service pack. Once a day outlook crashes without apparent reason with following error message: Outlook.exe Exception: access violation (0xc0000005), Address 0x0689bb30 or Address 0x0562bb30. I tried to delete and recreate mail profile, Reapplied service pack 6, Deleted and recreated WinNT user profile. Problem still presists. Any suggestions? Help Greatly appreciated. Nikita I've seen this problem also. It seems to work if you don't load a large archive or, if loading a large archive, cha...

Moving between Columns
Is it possible to move from column to column without having to fill up one column and move to the next? Example, what if I want to key a short message in each column? Yes - don't link the two columns together or use columns of different lengths. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Betty Pratt" <BettyPratt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7713B699-914B-4DBC-B1E4-FDB839247393@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to move from column to column without having to fill up one > co...