Modifying dialog for incoming emails

good morning from germany,

how can i customize the dialog which tells me that i have
some new incoming email, f.g. name of sende, date and time
or some other email related infos.

thx

patric

What version of Outlook? If Outlook 2003, you can customize the rules for
displaying an alert from specified individuals.  Tell us your version and
more detailed information (and IF it can be done in your version) will be
forthcoming.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

"Patric" <sokrates1973@aol.com> wrote in message
| good morning from germany,
|
| how can i customize the dialog which tells me that i have
| some new incoming email, f.g. name of sende, date and time
| or some other email related infos.
|
| thx
|
| patric

0
MillyS4407 (663)

REPLY to sender email gets rejected
I have tried to get an answer to this problem: I replied to an email from an old friend. I replied using the REPLY button so it want back to the email address that it was sent from BUT I keep getting the following: ----- Transcript of session follows ----- .... while talking to smtpserv.absamail.co.za.: >>> RCPT To:<..................@absamail.co.za> <<< 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected ...............@absamail.co.za 550 5.1.1 <...............@absamail.co.za>... User unknown I would like to know how why keeps happening as this is the only way I can get in touch...

Sending Email from another app
I have SBS 2003 with Exchanged installed and am currently using OWA from emails. When I try to send a PO from Simply Accounting I get the following msg: "Simply Accounting cannot cummunicate with your e-mail program. Please ensure that your e-mail program is MAPI-compatible and that it is the default MAPI client" I have setup and account in MS Outlook & Express to see if that would work and it does. Any help would be a blessing Thank You Dominic On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 09:00:02 -0700, "Dominic" <Dominic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have SBS 2003 w...

email problem 01-17-10
When I try to open a link in my email this happens a box opens up and it says Windows cannot find ....://app.bronto.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=12675&id=8dmdblwywn99kzyb5wmq... Make sure you typed the name correctly, and the try again this happens for everylink I try to open in my email I have Mozilla Firefox as my default but I changed it to IE and it did the same thing I have Vista Home. Eventhough the box comes up with the error it does eventually open up the link but I always get the error box first. Thank You -- Sylvia King Go to Control Panel...

Can I email url links
OK, I understand security concerns! I would like to email url links to other co-workers using Outlook 2003 and Exchange server. Sureoly there is some way to do this? Thanks! Bates... You have me at a little disadvantage. I use Outlook 2000. Did you ever use Outlook 2000 and were you ever successful using URLs? The reason I ask is that I AM able to send in Outlook 2000. If you are not the Exchange Administrator, you might consider asking him/her if there has been extra security added somewhere. Best of luck, Craig >-----Original Message----- >OK, I understand security c...

Having trouble with new Yahoo Email account
I've been using Verizon exclusively and it was working fine. I tried to also set up Yahoo and I got this message. "The host 'incoming yahoo.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'Carrollton TeaParty', Server: 'incoming yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D" Can someone help me please? Thanks, Doug I thought you had to pay to use a yahoo account and an email client. Yahoo! likes it when you come to their site-...

urgent sfo crm email bug
when I send a crm email from sfo - the email goes into the outlook deleted folder and is not geting through to recipient. All other ways of sending emails are working fine. Would really appreciate help here. thx in advance Can you confirm that the CRM Router is installed on the server? - Ryan "hodge" wrote: > when I send a crm email from sfo - the email goes into the > outlook deleted folder and is not geting through to > recipient. All other ways of sending emails are working > fine. Would really appreciate help here. > thx in advance > > Also, a...

Lost email messages in outlook
I was still reading my mails yesterday and they were fine. But today, when I check my mails, all mail from 10 August to 6 September mails were gone. There was no foulplay or deleted.Even the lost mails applied to "deleted folder","Sent Folder" and Inbox. I tried using email recovery tool but it managed to recover up to the day of 9 Aug.Meaning that there was no trace of deletion.All mails are in local database. I would like to know if it is possible of works from Virus or pst corruption. Anybody can help to recover or explain?? ...

How do I email someone a distribution list?
How can I email someone a copy of a distribution list? thanks! Ghost2020 <j_tsnyderNOSPAM@comcast.NOSPAM.net.antiSPAMmer> wrote: > How can I email someone a copy of a distribution list? When distribution list is displayed, save as a msg file. The recipient of that file can double-click to display with Outlook, then 'copy to' Contacts folder. Aaaaahhh...it doesn't work with Outlook 98, that was our hang-up. Thanks! This method works perfectly for Outlook 2000 and higher. "Gordo" <gordo20878@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23wi$1bYSEHA.3448@TK2...

How can I recover emails that I shift delete by mistakes
pls advise, thanks Pst-file? You might try the following; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:088401c4846f$31be7c20$3501280a@phx.gbl... > pls advise, thanks ...

Creating Brushes In Dialog COnstructor
I have a few pens I use many times in a dialog app, so I made them member variables in the class constructor. In Practice.h, I put: CBrush brGreen; In Practice.cpp, in the constructor, I put: CBrush brGreen(RGB(92,200,92)); Then, in OnPaint, I put: pOldBrush=(CBrush*)dc.SelectObject(&brGreen); However, it does not seem to work. Any idea why not? Thanks, Jim "matt" <bonmatt10@cs.com> wrote in message news:c2838b8f.0406060830.6d15b7b8@posting.google.com... > I have a few pens I use many times in a dialog app, so I made them > member variables in the class con...

Restrict sending to certain external email addresses
Due to recent changes we need to be able to restrict our clients from sending to certain email addresses (if a customer unsubscribes from one of our lists). I know we can restrict incoming mail but was not sure of a way to restrict outgoing to certain addresses? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Using ESM go to Global Setting/Message Delivery/Properties/Recipient Filtering. "ohiojul" <ohiojul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DEA5BCE-5815-4692-8A24-48060C9AFA86@microsoft.com... > Due to recent changes we need to be able to restrict our client...

Can't export email form to Access (Error Msg Corrupt or Modified)
When I receive a competed Access Data Form in, Access Data Collection Replies, to update data in a Access Table. I get an error msg (Email Form is Corrupt or Has Been Modified) when I try to export to Access. Using Windows 7 - Access 2007 & Outlook 2007 -- Bill ...

Outlook 2002 Email #2
Using Outlook as default email program with MSN Outlook connector. I've clicked "Deliver mail to Personal folder" but it does happen. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Bulk Email: Outlook client:"Direct email via Mail Merge is off".
I am trying to test bulk email before a big demo. I am following along the task list provided by John O'Donnell in another discussion. When I click to distribute the activity (launched from Outlook) I get a message box that states "Direct email via mail merge is off. The activity cannot be distributed. Please contact your system administrator." I am using the CRM 3.0 VPC. What do I need to do to enable email via mail merge? CRM settings? Or other settings? Thank you in advance. Ensure the "Microsoft CRM Bulk E-mail Service" is running (and is set to automat...

2002 Junk Email Filters
I've just turned on the Junk Email function for Outlook 2002 on my computer. There is a statement in the online help that you can download updated Junk Email filters. I can't find any for Outlook 2002. There seems to be lots for Outlook 2003. Does anyone know where I might find Junk Email filters for Outlook 2002? Is therre any? Thanks! No, the Junk E-mail Filter in Outlook 2002 isn't a real filter but is more a Wizard Rule and not really powerfull enough to fight today's spam. You're better of in upgrading your Outlook or invest in a third party spamfilter. -- Rob...

Modified on field
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how the modfied on field works in CRM 3.0 but I can't identify a pattern. In my callout I have an entity that when the status is changed the task that was attached to the entity is deleted. It's is always called the same way so it should be consistent. But when I looked at my completed task, some of them were modified by SYSTEM and some of them were modifed by the personal that actually changed the status of the entity. Does this mean that have I have to create my own field to know who closed the task or is modified on suppose to be the solution? In ...

Modify receipt to not show customer balance
The receipt format for sales on account print customer previous and new balance. How do you modify to not print that info? Thanks in advance. Neal You'll need to modify your receipt template. Save the original and work on a copy! Open the template with Notepad and study it. If you're able to figure out what's going on in there, you will be able to find the lines you want to remove and remove them. If you need more specific instructions, post a reply. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Neal C" wrote: > The receipt format for sales on account print customer ...

How do I modify an existing worksheet to remove columns & contents
I am working with a very large spreadsheet and want to modify it using only certain columns and data in order to keep from re-doing the entire worksheet. ANybody out there in cyberspace got suggestions or good reference sources I can use? Gil There are just too many scenarios to ponder without getting some more details on what you wish to do. Please be a little more specific in your description. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 18:15:06 -0800, "Gil Gray" <Gil Gray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am working with a very large spreadsheet and want to m...

email being sent but not being received
I am using Win7 with Outlook 2007. Comcast is my provider. My computer is about four months old. I can receive e-mails fine but when I send, they are recorded in the sent folder but they are not being received by anyone. I called Comcast and they can't figure it out since everything is working on their end. I have deleted the e-mail account and reset it both manually and let the computer set it. it works for about a week then won't work. I am testing this daily with my Live.com account. HELP!! Outlook was working fine until about a month ago. Are you sure t...

Great Plains email in PDF
Great Plains has an option to send reports via email in a pdf format. This is currently grayed out on my system. How does it get enabled???? Is it the purchase of another module? Or just a few clicks here and there? Thanks for your help. You need Adobe Acrobat Writer 6.0 and the most recent service pack for GP 7.5. "Andy3691" wrote: > Great Plains has an option to send reports via email in a pdf format. This is > currently grayed out on my system. How does it get enabled???? Is it the > purchase of another module? Or just a few clicks here and there? Thanks for ...

smtp email
Hello, I have multiple back end servers, 5.5 on win2k, in different sites. When somebody sends an email from site 1 to somebody in site 2, the email should be internally, right? But when you right click on To recipient and choose outlook properties, instead of showing the exchange properties of that mailbox, it shows: email type: SMTP. Why is that, why is not showing the properties of the mailbox? Thanks ...

Email SOAP Issue
I can send via bulk from CRM, I can send via outlook and select the crm regarding to get the prefix added properly, I can receive email and it forward to the proper CRM entity, However; when i am in CRM and open a contact and select send email...type a subject and send, I get an error "Server Error in '/' Application" followed by: SoapException: Server was unable to process request Did you get this resolved? I have a client getting the same error. The are trying to forward a CRM email to a CRM contact. Thanks, Jim "NewAgeRockStar" wrote: > I can s...

how do i keep a project from being changed when emailing
please help i donot want my work changed when i email. how do i protect it? Use PDF. There are free converters around. www.primopdf.com has been mentioned here. If you have 2007 Publisher there is a "save as" PDF converter add-in from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kpratt" <kpratt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFBAF43A-AB03-4963-B71F-8B1D8EFEFDB4@microsoft.com... > please help i donot want my work changed whe...

emails in inbox disappeared. How to get them back?
"Christine French" <ChristineFrench@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00FA97BA-EEF5-4780-9902-3158D68B06A6@microsoft.com... > Please write your DETAILED (including version of Outlook, type of email account, Windows version and Service pack level) question in this BIG WHITE SPACE. Thank you. Try View-Current View-Messages ...

Double Buffering in Dialogs
I'm trying to double buffer my dialog as it flickers horribly while resizing. Does any one know how to do this. Any code will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Wasif Ali Wasif Ali wrote: > I'm trying to double buffer my dialog as it flickers horribly while > resizing. > Does any one know how to do this. > Any code will be appreciated. > > Thanks in advance. > > Wasif Ali What's in the dialog that makes it flicker? The dialog has an ActiveX control and the ActiveX control has many Botmap Buttons on it. Wasif Ali "Minus" <pakosan@ya...