Missing text in email

I am having a problem with Users complaining of email missing the text when it was there originally. Also some have gotten emails back from people saying what they sent was blank, then when they check their sent items... sure enough it is blank!!

Running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 with latest Service Pac
Clients are Outlook 2000 with Latest Patches, etc
Changing settings as to how the emails are formatted changes nothing (text/rich text/HTML

Any help would be...... helpfull
0
anonymous (74722)

What AV are you running?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Zinder asked:

| I am having a problem with Users complaining of email missing the
| text when it was there originally. Also some have gotten emails back
| from people saying what they sent was blank, then when they check
| their sent items... sure enough it is blank!!!
|
| Running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 with latest Service Pack
| Clients are Outlook 2000 with Latest Patches, etc.
| Changing settings as to how the emails are formatted changes nothing
| (text/rich text/HTML)
|
| Any help would be...... helpfull

0
MillyS9060 (3207)
5/5/2004 3:52:32 AM
Antivirus is McAfee ViruScan Enterprise 7.1.0... latest engine and DAT
0
anonymous (74722)

Why does copy and paste between eMails not work?
Copy no longer copies to the clipboard. Is there a setting I have deleted somewhere? Using Windows 7 and Office 2007 proffessional. Does it work if you restart outlook? Do you have any addins installed that could be erasing the clipboard? I've seen this happen with addins and contacts, but not email. to test, open the new message form before copying so you just need to copy and switch to the other message. (http://www.slipstick.com/Contacts/clipboard.htm) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cent...

Not able to send email from CRM client
Help, please. I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM client software. See error message below. I have tried all the solutions I can find, including: -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM server and that the specified server is the Exchange server. -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML. -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is named ORCAS. -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is correct. -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each other. What...

Incoming Emails
Hello, We installed the CRM1.2 on the same server with exchange. Everything is working fine except that the CRM users can not see incoming emails inside CRM although these emails are CRM emails. Can anybody tell what is the reason of that? Regards, Khalid Do you have installed the Router? The Router is a bridge=20 between the Exchange and the CRM who study the incoming=20 flow of emails and copy to the CRM everything who is of=20 the CRM. I hope who that help you.=20 []'s Vin=EDcius Pitta Lima de Ara=FAjo >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > We installed the CRM1.2 o...

No email stationery when through code
Hi I am creating email via code from access using below; Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) objOutlookMsg.To = "recepient@mydomain.com" objOutlookMsg.Subject = "Email Subject" objOutlookMsg.Body = "Dear abc..." objOutlookMsg.Display The problem is that the default signature that is set in outlook doe snot come up in the email. How can I fix it? Thanks Regards Am Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:11:45 +0100 schri...

Pivot table fields missing on all computers
I have Excel 2007 installed on two computers. I also have Excel 2010 beta installed on one of the computers. I am unable to create a pivot table on ANY of them. None will show the field list. All copies of Excel work fine in all other aspects. I have searched the net for solutions and found many others have the same problem but few suggestions to fix it. Many questions never got any response at all. I did find a reference to try removing the .xlb file from the XLStart folder. I did, with no results. I have done all the proper show/hide clicks. I even tried using the ...

Excel color palette missing colors
Opening a workbook with text formatted in color (orange) defaults to gray. Examination of the color palette shows that that shade of orange is missing from the palette itself. Exiting Excel and restarting it sometimes solves the problem. Text rendered in orange is orange again and the color swatch is back in the palette. User has tried rebooting the system too. ...

no content in the email body
Haven't changed anything knowingly, but now when I receive emails all the content is in a .txt attachment which I open and goes to notepad. There is no content in the email body. "stephen" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:<#TKSQf$oDHA.2776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... > Haven't changed anything knowingly, but now when I receive emails all the > content is > in a .txt attachment which I open and goes to notepad. > > There is no content in the email body. I've seen this before with an Outlook 2000 client. Couldn't find a way to fix it,...

Can you delete and empty an open email

text box on exit
I have validate code on text box and want to cursor get back text box. I use Screen.ActiveControl.SetFocus, but the cusor goes to where my mouse click. Are there any way to let cursor stay in the text box until user enter valide data? Your help is great appreciated, On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:43:02 -0700, Souris wrote: > I have validate code on text box and want to cursor get back text box. > > I use Screen.ActiveControl.SetFocus, but the cusor goes to where my mouse > click. > > Are there any way to let cursor stay in the text box until user enter valide > data? &...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Need Hyperlink from Menu Page to work in email
I have a workbook with several tabs. First tab is a "menu" type page (summary of other pages). Currently I have hyperlinks to all the other pages from the menu page. What I want to be able to do is copy the menu page into an email and enable the users to click on the existing hyperlinks (whatever adjustments needed) to go directly to their page of the workbook. Using Excel 2007. Please advise how to do this and what changes may be need for both options to work. ...

Full Text Index PF
We are running 3 Exchange servers in 3 separate sites. Two of which (including our main mail relay) are running Exchange 2003 while the third is still on Ex2000. Our public folder store size is roughly 3.5 GB. I am considering setting up FTI on my public folder store. Our only desire is to speed up the search results on a public contacts folder that is replicated across all 3 servers. Is FTI our best option and how much should I expect it to speed things up? We are seeing about 15-20 second searches (and sometimes longer) currently. Not horrible, but the execs want it faster. Thanks, M...

Combine part of text from one col to another
I'm trying to combine only part of a string from one column with all th text of another column. For instance I want to create usernames to log into a network. If col has Bill and col2 has Smith I want to get just the B from col1 an combine it with col2 to make smithb in a new column. Thanks in advance -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try this: -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== =B1&LEFT(A1) "epac135 >" <...

Receive triplicate emails
On earthlink webmail, I only receive one of each email. When I "Send/Receive" from Outlook 2000, the Send/Receive window tells me I'm receiving 10 emails, but 30 appear in my inbox. Everything arrives in triplicate or duplicate. Extended headers appear to be the same in all three identical emails. Things I've tried and know: Deleted and then reconfigured my earthlink account many times. There is only one earthlink account. "Leave a copy of messages on server" is unchecked. Turned Earhlink Spamblocker On then Off then On then Off... no change. Sent test m...

missing entries
I sometimes make an entry to the address book, save it, and then search for it only to find that it is not there. When I re-enter the entry and save it I get the message that it is already a part of the address book and pulls up the entry asking me if I want to update that record. I do just that, but when I try to access the record again it does not find it. You never use the address book view to create entries. It contains no data. Use your Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine "Missing Outlook Entries" <Missing Outlook Entries@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Authenticating addresses for sending emails
I installed Office XP for Small Business on my laptop recently. Now, quite often I am getting an error message when I try to send an email to someone that says, "You must first authenticate this email address". Does anyone know how this is done? Thanks, Ken I have Office 2003 and I saw this once in my copy, I found it all I had to do was to add the person to my address book as it was part of the built in Spam filters. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01fc01c3d94f$...

Email retention policy relative to CRM e-mails tracked from Outloo
Toss up question for the blue team. When one hits "Track in CRM" on an e-mail from outlook we all know that it CREATES an e-mail in the CRM system. The date that the e-mail is created in CRM is placed in the field CreatonDate. When we look at the related record it shows up in order based on the Created Date. The rub is this. What do we do when we have a user who is just coming on board with CRM and they have e-mail history they want to link that goes back years. There does not seem to be any linking relative to the received date. Which is actually much more relevant ...

How do I send to myself at an alternate email address?
I have Outlook 2007 and am a new user. I have two separate email addresses - one thru a LAN at the office and one with a different provider. Outlook will not let me send to myself from one to the other. I seem to have no problem sending internally thru the LAN. Do you get any errors? If yes, please post the exact error message. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, DeeJay asked: | I have Outlook 2007 an...

Internal emails get bounce backs, external work fine
I have a strange problem. Running Exchange 2003 enterprise service pack 1 One user, can't get emails internally. We get the following message: Greg Montgomery on 5/9/2006 10:19 AM The message could not be delivered because the recipient's destination email system is unknown or invalid. Please check the address and try again, or contact your system administrator to verify connectivity to the email system of the recipient. But externally it works fine. So people emailing Greg using his SMTP account, all is well. Here is a kicker though. All of a sudden, some people can now...

On startup text to speech installation keeps appearing
Dear All When I load up Excel the dialog box comes up before excel continues to load saying: "Text to Speech - This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?" I dont want to install it but this KEEPS coming up, any ideas? Thanks Adam Someone answer please !!!!! >-----Original Message----- >Dear All > >When I load up Excel the dialog box comes up before excel >continues to load saying: > >"Text to Speech - This feature is not currently >installed. Would you like to install it now?" > >I dont want to inst...