Missing send/receive button #2

After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data file,
there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in Mail and
it doesn't appear on the tools menu.  I've done reinstall/repair twice
without fixing the problem.

Is there some configuration procedure I need to do?   Thanks for any help.

0
djpal1 (19)

Windwatcher wrote:

> After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data
> file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in
> Mail and
> it doesn't appear on the tools menu.  I've done reinstall/repair twice
> without fixing the problem.
>
> Is there some configuration procedure I need to do?   Thanks for any help.

is there a mail account set up?

--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

Format text for "mark my comments with..." #2
Is there a way to format the font & colour of the text I may type into the body of an existing email in Outlook 2003? I have switched the option on so that the comments are flagged with my initials but I wanted them more prevalent by being able to format the colour of the text. At the moment its a manual task. With Word as the editor: Open Word, choose Tools | Options | General tab ... Email Options button ... you can choose the Font in when "Replying or Forwarding messages" -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Greg J" <frog66@flashmail.com> wrote in message news:11246865...

outlook 2007 no problem receiving email but problem sending
I have no problem sending and receiving emails when connected at work but from home, I can receive new messages but there is a problem sending. I get the message Sending reported error 0x80042109. Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue receiving this message contact your server administrator or ISP. Any ideas please. Thanks, Charlie Have you verified with your corporate mail admin already that the settings have been correct for usage outside of the company network and if this is indeed fully supported by your corporation? If so,...

Send direct e-mail to customers
When I try to send direct e-mail (by clicking on the send direct email on the actions bar) I can get as far as choosing my template, but when I click send i get the following error message: "The Bulk E-Mail Service is not running" How do I start this service? Hi James, Check the services. Right-click on My computer -> manage -> Services and Applications -> Services. Search for Mcirosoft CRM Bulk email service -> start. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www....

Address Book #2
Can anybody guide me to a template for address book records? I need something straightforward. Hi John, File, Export, Other Address Book You can open the file you create in Excel. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Saxman" <john.h.williamsREMOVETHIS@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:dhbest$bsk$2@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com... > Can anybody guide me to a template for address book records...

customerrelationship #2
Question: A Contact has 3 associated Accounts. How to migrate these records into CRM?(from Excel) Because each contact can only be associated with 1 account/contact, so I have to think if it is possible to migrate into customerrelationship(1 Contact->Multi Accounts)? Thank you! you can use the Relationship Roles in Accounts "Jim Wang" <JimWang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52B32F35-B042-4A26-A103-1C36E2DFA9C6@microsoft.com... > Question: A Contact has 3 associated Accounts. How to migrate these > records > into CRM?(from Excel) > > ...

Running 2 Versions of Publisher
I want to install and try the Publisher 2007 trial version. I currently have Pub 2002 on my machine. Can I install both versions? Or does 2007 screw up 2002? Or can I install 2007 on another HD on my system w/out touching my 2002 install? I DO NOT want to screw up my 2002 version - I have many files/clients who use it and we all know how stupid Pub is about reading files made in different versions. It would be very nice if the two could run side-by-side, and you could have both installed and running so you could choose between them. I don't suppose that's possible is it?Dawn I ...

Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit After updating to 10.1.6, some fonts are missing (KidPrint, Lucida handwriting, etc.) Any ideas? --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FON...

Advanced find
In advance find a customer wishes to know how many of each product an account has ordered. The Order lines, Quote Lines, Invoice Lines are not available as output entities. Therefore no reporting on advanced find is avaiable. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

Exchange Administrator #2
Hey, I just installed Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server. But when i open up Exchange Adminstrator, I keep on getting this error message, how do i fix this problem? Error: Title: Microsoft Exchange Administrator Message: A Connection could not be made to the microsoft exchange server computer 'EXCH'. The Microsoft exchange server computer does not respond. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_Communications_Problem You use Exchange System Manager, and ADUC - not Exchange Administrator, to manage E2000/2003. Did you have a 5.x server before? erbeh wrote: > Hey, >...

insert worksheet #2
The default for inserting a new worksheet is to the left. Is there a way to have worksheets inserted to the right? Hi Sue in VBA you could use the following macro: sub insert_after() ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Add After:=ActiveSheet end sub you may apply a button to this macro. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Sue wrote: > The default for inserting a new worksheet is to the left. > Is there a way to have worksheets inserted to the right? put this macro in your personal.xls file and attach it to a keyboard shortcut or toolbar button. Public Sub InsertSheetToRight() ...

mail merge problems #2
I have Vista and Office 2007. When I try to do a mail merge with Publisher and a comma-separated-values file exported from Outlook, I get the message, "An operation cannot be completed because of database engine errors." It used to work fine, but not any more. Help! There isn't a solution specific to 2007, but this article addresses your error and probably will work You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publish...

Referencing .NET 2.0 but end result uses .NET 3.5
I'm using DevStudio 2005 and I have a project that references System.dll ver 2.0.50727 and I accidentally compiled code that used an overload that only exists in version 3.5 because my intellisense showed it. I tried to compile it on another machine that never had the .NET 3.5 install and it wouldn't compile and the intellisense had that version of the overload yet both references looked identical; looking at ver 2.0 of System.dll The method in question was WaitHandle.WaitOne. ..NET 2.0 WaitOne() WaitOne(Int32, Boolean) WaitOne(TimeSpan, Boolean) ..NET 3.5 WaitOne...

execl to lotus 1-2-3 conversion #2
I would appreciate very much if anyone can provide me information to convert Excel file to Lotus format Regards, ...

Button or key to conditionally change text foreground color?
I would like to find some quick method (some sort of visible button or hotkey) for the user of a worksheet to change the text foreground color for certain cells in a block of cells (A1:I9) to some specific color if and only if the cell is blank. I.e. when the user hits this "red" key/button, every empty cell in A1:I9 gets a new foreground text color--red. Nothing would be immediately apparent, as these are empty cells, but as soon as the user starts entering values into these cells, the data would be shown in red... a "make all new data red" button/key. Is this possible?...

Calling javascript functions from isv.config button 11-21-06
Is it only possible to call a javascript function included in global.js using isv.config button?. The button is used in account entity form. // Mats ...

Close "X" missing
I have a user who's Excel window displays without the usual Minimize, Restore Down, and Close symbols in the upper right corner. That's the Underscore, the Box and the X. I thought his screen was set too wide but I checked that and the symbols are just not there. Is there a way to turn these on and off in Excel? Thank you, Ray K I have two guesses... Could it be... xl: close button is dimmed after groupwise is installed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 But my money is on that the workbook is protected: tools|protection|protect workbook in that d...

Strange outlook receiving email problem
New to this forum, hopefully you guys can help. One of my customers was having a weird issue... the whole building is on a network/domain. Everyone is set up to use outlook/ pop3. Nobody is having problems except two employees. For some reason they can't receive emails from each other. Using web mail everything works fine. Creating emails from the web mail the email is sent and received in outlook. But sending emails from outlook do not make it to the other persons outlook. Now the weird part is that these two people communicate just fine with everyone else. They can send and receive emai...

outlook sending problems
Hi, I am having problems in sending out emails using outlook 2002. From time to time, outlook reports that the mail was failed to be sent with an error code "0x80040109", and the email stays at the Outbox. However, the email receipient will still RECEIVE the email sometimes. This is really annoying as I keep resending emails when the error occurs, which creates a flooding to the receipient. I did remove all the add-in according to the only suggestion I could find through google. The problem still exists. I switched to Outlook 2003, no luck, though I don't see the error...

Can not empty clipboard #2
I have started getting a strange message in several of my MAC Office products including Word and Excel that says Can Not Empty Clipboard. I also can not copy and paste in any program including Safari. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks harper6702 Reboot and then run Disk Utility Repair Permissions. The clipboard is a file. I suspect it has overflowed or become corrupted. The reboot may take a long time: during a reboot, Unix cleans out its temporary files, and that may fix the issue... If it doesn't, I have no idea :-) On 16/11/06 2:17 PM, in article 1163647035.202984.70550@m73g2...

A program is trying to access e-mail #2
When I hit new or reply I get this box saying, "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" Symantec says it's a Microsoft problem. Microsoft says its a security patch sp3? How do I stop this dam message from poping up???? Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are affected by the security features. As a result, one of your add-ins needs updated to the latest version - antispam add-ins are a common cause although others are affected by the changes as well. Many add-ins were updated follow...

Office 2011 #2
Want to say that I'm impressed with 2011. Many things on my wish list were done to improve older versions�the tiny Style window in Word is better than the Windows version, Outlook doesn't make you scroll though a long list of fonts to get to what you want, and the software plays better with the Mac OS. I use Office for Windows 2003, 2007, and 2010 and Office for Mac 2004 and 2011. My preference is on the Mac side but I get my work done with all versions. Thank you MS. ...

Outlook cannot 'send' email????????
Hi Suddenly (it was working a few days ago) my Outlook 2003 on windows XP cannot 'send' email. It gets a permissions error. I have no problem downloading email, I can even add new contacts and appointments to the Outlook servers but emails will not go. I do not have this problem in Outlook 2001 for Mac or on another Windows XP box with Outlook 2003 and as I said it was working fine on this machine until a few days ago. Does anyone have any ideas????? Robin What is the exact error? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Help with Lookup #2
I have an excel worksheet that has approximately 20,000+ records. I would like to classify these recorded based on two columns. The first column's name is "YB Description" and the other is "Sold Date". The YB column mainly contains 4 digit numerical values, with approximately 300-400 records that are text, ie. "classified", "not verified", "public use". The Sold Date column is pretty self-explanatory, all the records are dates with the following formatting - M/D/Y. What I would like to do is create a third column called YB/Sold that classi...

Can I calculate a field with 2 different filter criteria in one q
Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics fields, I'd like to sum metric "a" based on customer name being like "abc" and another sum of metric "a" where the customer name is NOT LIKE "abc" in one query, but I can't seem to figure this out, but, I'm a novice at this. Best I can figure is 2 different queries, then a 3rd query to bring the two together. Thanks -- Jim jimd wrote: >Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics >fields, I'd like to sum metric &...

2 Questions about Exchange 2003.
These are quesions from a practice test. I know nothing of Exchange servers. 1)I created a user 2 months ago and he did not need to have an email address. He has recently taken a job that required me to give an email address. Ho would I do that without deleting and recreating his account?(the mail server used is Exchange 2003) 2)My company is merging with another company and I need to configure my Exchange 2003 server to now accept email from the domain newdomain.com. Please list the steps that needs to be done to ensure that exchange will recieve email for that domain. Thanks for the...