Missing old calendar appointments in 2002

Does anyone know if Outlook 2002/XP drops data out of the
calendar after so many months?
I went to print out meeting dates for the whole year and
Jan, Feb, Mar and April were blank except for recurring
events.
0
anonymous (74722)

go to tools, options. then on the preferences tab there is
a button for calendar options. click here, then click
free/busy options. Here you can say publish * months of
calendar free/busy information on the server. I know this
works for 6 months in the future, not sure about 6 months
in the past. this is the only place i could think of tho.

0
anonymous (74722)
11/19/2003 10:43:58 PM
Check your AutoArchive settings, both globally (Tools | Options | Other |
AutoArchive) and for the Calendar folder (right-click it, select Properties,
then the AutoArchive tab).  Your older items are probably being sent to a
separate .PST file periodically.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:030401c3aee6$207e6010$a501280a@phx.gbl,
ArvyIS wrote:

> Does anyone know if Outlook 2002/XP drops data out of the
> calendar after so many months?
> I went to print out meeting dates for the whole year and
> Jan, Feb, Mar and April were blank except for recurring
> events.

Extreamly Slow Outlook 2002
I'm using Outlook 2002 on my PC. The application: .. Runs extreamly slow .. Moving between folders is slow .. Moving between messages is slow .. Has issues with sending e-mails with huge attachments I have tried re-loading the OS from scratch but with no effect on the speed and effeciency. Regards, dp Do you have by change Winfax installed on your system? "Dhanpal" <dhanpal@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:04dc01c49b71$4b0f9a60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook 2002 on my PC. The application: > > . Runs extreamly slow > . Moving between folders...

Sharing Calendars #2
Hi, Can anyone inform me where I can get a detailed explanation of how to set up outlook "Not using exchange" over a network so that all users can see my calendar. Regards John http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www...

Entourage calendar keeps adding events
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop I am having a real problem with Entourage....especially calendar. Some events (though not all) are reposting themselves hundreds of times. So say I have John's birthday on 7th Sept it will post hundreds of times. Even when I remove them all (as I have done just now) it will repost every few minutes. Could you tell me what is wrong and how do I stop it? It is obviously clogging up my machine.... On 2010-06-03 10:43:09 -0400, dardun@officeformac.com said: > I am having a real problem with Entour...

how do i link a calendar to another one (in different machines)
i need to share a calendar of different mailboxes on differnet machines how do i do it? What version of Outlook? Do you use Exchange server? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.asp for methods you can use the share outlook data when you don't use Exchange server. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-...

CRM 3.0 Service Calendar Unexpected Error
Well, it appears that i am not as lucky as the others that were able to get their calendar to work somehow(reference to earlier posts). We just migrated to crm 3.0, and cannot get the calendar to work(at all), i get the red X "unexpected error" and then im told to contact me(the system administrator). I go into the Event manager of the server and see something about date and time settings? There was a post recently where someone had this exact same problem, and they got it fixed, but didn't post their resolution, so i decided to see if anyone does actually have an answer ...

Access 2002 in 1997 environment
Can an Access 2002 databse be used by an Access 1997 user group ? If yes, will there be any significant problems ? Any help appreciated. thanks, Gerry No. Access 97 will not recognize an Access 2002 database. -- --Roger Carlson www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Reply to: Roger dot Carlson at Spectrum-Health dot Org "gerry.comber@severntrent.co.uk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:037701c3b339$9fc54800$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can an Access 2002 databse be used by an Access 1997 user > group ? If yes, will there be any significant problems ?...

Exporting from Express to OL 2002
I am wanting to move my messages from Express to OL 02. Problem is the programs are on different computers. any ideas?? First you'll need to copy all of your Outlook Express data to the new computer and import it into Outlook Express there. If you need help with that step, go to http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com for complete instructions on backup and restoration of OE data. Once you have the OE files established on the new machine, use File | Export in OE or File | Import and Export in Outlook to get the data into Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-m...

Columns Names are missing
Funny Problem CRM Dev Server = Win2000 CRM Production Server = Win2003 I Did Some Form Customization on the Dev server for Testing and user Approval for the Production server I add some new Schema Fields and added the fields to the Forms I than Exported it from the Dev Server. Imported it to the Production Server, did the Publishing and run iisreset ALL OK and great BUT When CRM users open CRM the Columns Names are missing And if I go in to System Customization No names in the Fields Appears And If I Want to ADD new Fields or Columns it gives Me an Error (IE Script E...

Help with Outlook Calendar Sharing (Exchange)
We have Outlook 2007 and Exchange Server. I am wondering if the following is possible-- Can I create a Calendar separate from my personal exchange calendar that will show up on my personal calendar and also will show on the personal calendars of other users? We do not want our individual calendars showing up on the Master Calendar or on each other's calendars. The Master Calendar would be updated with all of our annual events and as we make changes we would like this to be automatically updated on all of our individual calendars (only for users that are given specific access ...

Trying to save data from old disks
Hi, I had to replace my two computers, but, saved their master hard drives in order to retrieve the user data later. The drives are one IBM Deskstar ATA/IDE 41.1 GB and one Western Digital WD 400 IDE 40.0 GB. Both drives have filesystem NTFS and both were bootable masters with Windows XP SP2 swedish version. To retrieve tha data I purchased a Deltaco SATA/IDE to USB adapter and connected the drives one after the other to a USB 2.0 contact on my Windows Vista desktop. But, in both cases it says on the Vista display in 'Properties for local disk' that the drive is on ...

Remove hyperlinks from Outlook calendar items
I created a new appointment in Outlook's calendar that contained a web address. Outlook automatically turned this into a hyperlink without asking me. Could anyone please tell me how I remove this? And if, possible, turn it off for ever with a registry hack or something? <rant> I hate this. I do not want the hyperlink. I just want plain text. I loathe the way Microsoft presumes to take over my data without even asking me. It's rude and crude. The hyperlink is useless anyway because I have never, and will never, let Xp anywhere near the internet; I can do without spyware an...

Missing Transaction logs
Hi, Recently l have been having problem with size of my log files. I decided to move them to an external drive when ever they are above 1 GB ( l have moved above 2 GB now). After about a month l ran my backup routine, the windows backup stated that some portion of mailbox store, public folder store and log files cannot be read. I can not transfer back the log files to the exchange server because the disk cannot contain all the files. How can I make a normal backup in this situation -- TayoT what size drive do you have you transaction log files on? you need a larger drive, and to move...

vertical lines on calendar don't print
I'm trying to print a yearly calendar for 2004...whe I go to print it out, the vertical lines do not print. What do I need to do? Thanks Lewis is this program the Funky Bunky draw program that runs on a Apple and printing out on a Daisywheel printer? How about you tell us what version of Windows, Publisher and brand and model of your printer. -- After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from lewis <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I'm trying to print a yearly calendar for 2004...whe I go to print > it out, the vertical lines d...

Outlook 2002/Office XP
Outlook fails to load properly and shuts down. I sometimes get a virtual memory low dialog box, other times I recieve a MAPI alert. I have adjusted the paging file to 1.5 times my ram (574mb). Nothing has worked. I have tried the detect errors feature as well. Suggestions? JWH ...

Unable to print calendar
I have one user that is unable to print their calendar. I've reinstalled office 2004 and that didn't help. It does matter which printer either. None work. It just hangs on the preview window with the spinning circle. Nothing happens past that. I can cancel fine. I can choose print, but nothing happens. I can mess with all the print settings. It doesn't crash it just doesn't print. The main reason this user wants to print is because there's not palm conduit for office 2004. Does anyone have any insight? D Out There actually is a Palm conduit for Office 2004. Look on ...

I have a hell of a time w/email! Will Outlook 2002 solve my problems? [long]
I've been backing up OE emails for the better part of five years. Problem is, I save them to different folders, and or physical locations, [fearing the loss of data on one medium or another]. Obviously then, in order to restore them in completeness, [whenever I might have re-formatted and re-installed Windows 98], I end up importing several duplicate messages. The ONLY way that I've found to get rid of duplicates, triplicates, etc., [while still restoring completeness], is to manually delete them, which is a very, very exacerbating chore when emails number in the thousands. At some p...

Lost Calendar View
I'm using Outlook 2003. I've lost the 31 day view and the week view. Calendar only displays a text-based detail list. How can I restore the 31 day view and other calendar views? Thank you. Oops. Just found it under view/current view options by clicking on day/week/month. "surfer100" <surfer100@outhere.com> wrote in message news:eemReqbKFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook 2003. I've lost the 31 day view and the week view. > Calendar only displays a text-based detail list. How can I restore the 31 > day view and other ca...

RWW option missing from CEICW
Hi, I'e just inherited a server and rww is missing as an option when running the wizard. I'e checked in IIS and the site is also missing from there. Is there a way to repair this ? Thanks Simon Assuming you mean SBS2003 Default website is missing? EW Anytime I see a SBS server that doesn't have everything installed I worry. (Well not much of a worry more like a "oh @#$@#$ again") You can reinstall or Install things in Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs and Click on Small Business Server 2003 (Change/Remove) button and reinstall what you need. Howeve...

Using Outlook 2002 @ work and home
I have Outlook 2002 running on an XP Pro laptop. At work the laptop is in a AD domain(wired), and at home the laptop is using a Linsys wireless router for connectivity. Using Outlook at work is fine. I can send and receive messages without a hitch. The problem is when I leave my domain at work. I cannot send emails if I try to send mail to a recipiant that dosen't have my suffix of @pellatn.com. The weird thing is that I can receive mail from anyone. I don't understand why I can receive mail from any address, but I'm limited to sending messages to my fellow pellatn...

Old application won't work under Vista.
I have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (32-bit) and am trying to run an old OCR application. I run it in Win95 compatibility mode. Most functions of the old application work in Vista, but it fails if I ask it to acquire an image from the scanner. I am asked to select my twain source, which I do (Samsung SCX4100), but then the scanner gives a couple of grunts and a message box from Vista says "Twain.dll Client's 32-Bit Thunking Server has stopped working". I close the box, am told to check for Windows updates, and finally (when I try clicking around on the applicatio...

Please Help
Someone I work with has Outlook setup with Subfolders under the Inbox. He says that all emails after 11-03 or 12-03 in these folders are gone.. Anything before it remains! Is there anything that could cause this? I cannot find any answers. I appreciate your help P "Phil M." <philip@wesselconsulting.com> wrote in message news:u8yRH0S2DHA.1704@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Someone I work with has Outlook setup with Subfolders under the Inbox. He > says that all emails after 11-03 or 12-03 in these folders are gone.. > Anything before it remains! Is there anything th...

pop3 unique mesage ID Outlook 2002
Good afternoion, can anyone tell me where to find the message unique ID list for Outlook 2002. What is the name of the file? I thinkI have some pop3 id out of sync from the client and server and OL2002 will not pull new messages. I can view the new messages in webmail but when OL tries to download them they on't. I did have Leave a Copy of MEssage on Server chancked and I think that may have something to do with the Client and Server getting out of sync. Thanks!! Tyler ...

how can I avoid missing WM_LBUTTONUP message?
Hello, Inside my WM_LBUTTONDOWN handler, I call SetCapture() so that if the user moves off my control before letting up on the mouse button, I will still receive the WM_LBUTTONUP message. Inside my WM_LBUTTONUP handler, I'm calling ReleaseCapture. However, it seems if the user presses down on the mouse, and then a MessageBox pops up before he lets up on the mouse, I am not getting the WM_LBUTTONUP message. My assumption is that the MessageBox is reclaiming the capture, and my control is losing it. I am aware that I can be alerted of this condition by handling WM_CAPTURECHANGED. I&#...

Missing Leading zero when importing in excel
I have exported item list as a csv (as well as tab delimited) but when I import it to excel I loose leading zeros in my item lookup codes. Is there a way to avoid this, thx. Change the properties of that field to "Text" in Excel. Kinnard L. Kohler Business Machines Systems 6101 South Shackleford Road Little Rock, AR 72204-8606 (T) 501-375-8380 (F) 501-375-0043 (Cell) 501-412-5686 Email: kinnard@bmsar.com "MOI" wrote: > I have exported item list as a csv (as well as tab delimited) but when I > import it to excel I loose leading zeros in my item lookup codes. Is...

Old Messages Being Resent
I am running Exhange 5.5 with NT 4.0 (I know, don't laugh). I moseyed in this morning and found out that messages sent to our parent company only (not internal, and not internet mail) were resent over the weekend multiple times...one guy said he got 137 messages. Some of these messages go all the way back to April and have since been deleted from Sent items and no longer in the user's mailbox. I have checked my Internet Mail Connector and find nothing wrong there or with any particular mailbox. Any insight into what would cause this is greatly appreciated. BCD Hi BCD, The ma...