Missing menu items

I'm using Outlook 2003, and somehow, menu items are missing. For example,
the Tools menu is missing
    Send/Receive
    Rules and Alerts

and the Actions menu is missing
    New Mail Message
    New Mail Message using...

It's the same with other menus, as well. I've tried creating a new profile,
removing and reinstalling Outlook, then removing and reinstalling MS Office
2003 completely.

The options continue to be missing, and are not available using the
Customize option, either...

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks.

- Tim

Do you have any mail accounts in your profile?=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Tim Green" <strawblond@sympatico.ca> wrote in message =
> I'm using Outlook 2003, and somehow, menu items are missing. For =
example,=20
> the Tools menu is missing
>    Send/Receive
>    Rules and Alerts
>=20
> and the Actions menu is missing
>    New Mail Message
>    New Mail Message using...
>=20
> It's the same with other menus, as well. I've tried creating a new =
profile,=20
> removing and reinstalling Outlook, then removing and reinstalling MS =
Office=20
> 2003 completely.
>=20
> The options continue to be missing, and are not available using the=20
> Customize option, either...
>=20
> Anyone have a clue?
>=20
> Thanks.
>=20
> - Tim=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
9/9/2005 4:10:22 PM
>somewhat flushed, eyes darting side to side...<

Sue,

You're right, of course. The mail accounts that used to be there, are no
longer there. I'm not sure how that happened, but thanks for your help...

Tim

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Tim Green" <strawblond@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> I'm using Outlook 2003, and somehow, menu items are missing. For example,
> the Tools menu is missing
>    Send/Receive
>    Rules and Alerts
>
> and the Actions menu is missing
>    New Mail Message
>    New Mail Message using...
>
> It's the same with other menus, as well. I've tried creating a new
> profile,
> removing and reinstalling Outlook, then removing and reinstalling MS
> Office
> 2003 completely.
>
> The options continue to be missing, and are not available using the
> Customize option, either...
>
> Anyone have a clue?
>
> Thanks.
>
> - Tim

export items to be imported at another location
How can I export items from one stores RMS and then import them into anther store running RMS, so that I do not have to create them in both locations -- Lanny Dear LannyJ, You have couple options, the one is which is easy is to item master report data in any text or csv file from store manager program. another is to export the table form SO administrator and then load it to another system. Tell me which way you like so I can write you more details. Akber "LannyJ" wrote: > How can I export items from one stores RMS and then import them into anther > store running RMS, ...

line item sequence number
Hi, i noticed that the line item ssequence in SOP10200 starts from 16384 and increments by 16384. why such a number? when we import transactions can we put the line item sequence numbers as 1,2,3......? any help is appreciated. Thanks Dev The Line Item Sequence number is incremented by 16384 (which is 2 to the power of 14) so that the lines can be inserted between them. One of the features of SOP is the ability to add a new line above an existing line using the Insert Row button or menu option. This works by adding the Line Item Sequence with a number half way between the line ab...

Missing security tab in recipients
We are running Exchange 5.5 SP3 and when I click on recipients there should be a security tab so I can do more with the mailbox. This is missing? Any ideas? "Ken Reni" <ken@acc.smtc.net> wrote in news:01ce01c3d0b3$26cdc9d0 $a301280a@phx.gbl: > We are running Exchange 5.5 SP3 and when I click on > recipients there should be a security tab so I can do more > with the mailbox. This is missing? > > Any ideas? > In Exchange administrator click on Tools, options, permissions tab, select "show permissions page for all objects" Regards, -- Ar...

Finding items (with Outlook 2003)
When doing "Advanced Find", I type "2008-" (without the quotes) in the "Search for Word(s):" box, specify "in Subject Field Only" and click "Find Now". the results contain "2008-" ANYWHERE in the "Subject". How can I do the find so the results contain "2008-" only AT THE BEGINNING of the "Subject"? Did you try the Advanced tab? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:da...

Print a picking ticket for backordered items
If I print a pick ticket from a Sales Order Transactions navigation list using the Print Picking Ticket in the Adv Distribution section, it prints the SOP Blank Picking Ticket Bin Sequenced report. I'm fine with that...I can modify the report to look the way I want (and have done so). However, the report does not include backordered items. Is there a way to include backordered items on this report? Is is a filter on the temp file that is being created that is causing this? ...

Outlook Backup not on File menu
Running Outlook 2007 on Windows7 - home PC not on Exchange. I downloaded the Microsoft Office Personal Folders Backup installer from Microsoft web site, closed Outlook, and then installed Backup. Install looked normal. I started Outlook and clicked on the "File" menu expecting to see "Backup" on the drop-down menu, but it is not there. Control Panel Programs shows the Backup program is installed. Any ideas how to fix? CWR wrote: > Running Outlook 2007 on Windows7 - home PC not on Exchange. I downloaded the > Microsoft Office Personal Folders Bac...

Missing or broken reference
I have an access database (front end) spread out on several PC's that run either Access 2000 or 2002. Out of 10 PC's, two computers throw an error message when the user attmempts to open a form from the switchboard. The error is: "Your Microsoft Access database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'OWC10.DLL' version 1.1." Can anyone tell me what this means and how I can fix the problem? Thank you in advance. Antonio The file OWC.DLL is not on those machines or is not registered. Does it occur when opening any form or a particular ...

Menu entries for Size and Maximize.
My dialog based application does not need the "Size" or "Maximize" entries in it's system menu. Is there an easy way to get rid of these entries? "Paco" <paco_beams@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fgnQg.4758$7I1.2942@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net... > My dialog based application does not need the "Size" or "Maximize" entries > in it's system menu. Is there an easy way to get rid of these entries? In resource editor, you can get rid of these properties. Right click on the menu and in properties remove Maximize box etc. t...

Item Count Incorrect in Public Folders
Hi We have public folders set up for companies and contacts. After going in and creating a new company or contact the item count changes. You then go and search for a company and it says it's not there because the item count is wrong and only showing a fraction of the companies or contacts that are in the folder. You then have to exit out of Outlook 2000 and open it up again each time this happens. Applied the microsoft patch for this and it still does not fix the issue. Any ideas? "=?Utf-8?B?QW5pdGE=?=" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:23842A16-2...

Item/Alias problem (concerning UPC Codes)
I have loaded my item table with the item number in the Item Lookup Code field. I now want to load the alias table (so that scanning a bar code will relate a UPC to an item). According to Jeff in an earlier post: "Put the UPC code as an Alias. SO Manager | Database | Items | Alias tab. When the UPC code is scanned, RMS will change it to the ILC." Problem is that the ILC is a type Wstr (and my item numbers do have characters in them) so you can't put the ILC in the ItemID field of the Alias table as that is a type long so you would have to put the ILC in the alias field (...

Missing email
Sometimes when I press "sync", I see on the bottom of the screen "1 new message", but that message never shows up in my all inbox folder. Is the email lost? Is this a bug? Did you look in your Junk E-mail folder and Deleted Items folder? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "boss man" <boss man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:20EA3246-8995-42A9-A9EB-354B87049079@microsoft.com... > Sometimes when I press "sync", I see on the bottom of the screen &...

Missing Help Files, 2004
Hello, I downloaded the trial Money 2004 Deluxe, then paid for it a couple of days later. I've noticed that I have no help files. Whenever I click on a help topic, I get the message "Unable to load topic. Click here to try again.". Any suggestions? Thanks! Bob Just one. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=129. "Bob Sorrells" <rsorrellsU@KNOWmindspring.com> wrote in message news:O8PlnOkGEHA.3776@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I downloaded the trial Money 2004 Deluxe, then paid for it a couple of days > later. > > I've noticed that I have no help...

Where is the item lookup and price stored?
I am wondering where in the sql tables is the item lookup and price stored? It should all be on one table correct? Can anyone point me to where that would be? I am trying to generate a script based on that. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01DF_01C6EC6F.3C0D7E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jonathan, The Item table.contains the ILC and some pricing info. What price are you looking for? --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other typ...

Group Control Missing
Based on A 2007 I have found how to do this or NOT do this http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA010448531033.aspx My problem is as follows is this step: To ungroup controls Click any control in the group. On the Format menu, click Ungroup. I do NOT see Group or Ungroup in Design View I have several controls that are Grouped somehow and I want to undo this zyzzyva, To Group and/or Ungroup go to the Arrange tab and then the Control Layout section and the buttons to the left of *Snap to Grid* and *Tab Order* -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "...

Track in CRM icon missing
We just upgraded to Office 2007. When we create a new email in Outlook the Track in CRM icon is missing from the 'ribbon'. Has anyone else encountered this problem? It's only missing for some users. The install procedure has been the same. This has happened a number of times to our users, the only two solutions I have been able to find are: Outlook Help > About Microsoft Office Outlook > Disabled Items > Re-enable CRM item then restart outlook (occasionally that doesn't work and the computer has to be rebooted) Failing that, reinstalling CRM onto the lo...

One or more line items contains error
He everybody, While finding a way to stop the posting process (reject to post) if the fulfilled quantity is not on hand, I tried to put the Quantity Fulfilled in Sales Transaction Entry window less than the Quantity to Invoice and posted the trx. I received a report with "One or more line items contain warnings or errors" and I'm not able to open the Sales trx Entry anymore (Pending processes). So, I deleted the posting record related to that invoice from SY00500 and checked about that invoice I was testing on, and found that the invoice is posted while the On-Hand quanti...

Set item tax in hq system for store
We have five stores and there have different tax in every store. But when I create a new item in hq system and download it to store, the tax for the item is not set to default tax of store. How can I do it in hq? "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:81AE8B1F-E916-40D8-92EE-7E12203D753C@microsoft.com... > We have five stores and there have different tax in every store. But when > I > create a new item in hq system and download it to store, the tax for the > item > is not set to default tax of store. How can I do it in hq...

Missing .ost
Outlook 2003 Exchange Server On local machine no OST (or PST present). dir *.ost /s /b File Not Found How is it possible? Where is the data stored locally? Thanks in advance! Maybe they're not storing the data locally and just accessing their server-side mailbox. "user4" <hat0r@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#Gayt1L#IHA.5056@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003 > Exchange Server > > On local machine no OST (or PST present). > dir *.ost /s /b > File Not Found > > How is it possible? Where is the data stored locally? user4 <hat0r@...

standard cost
We have a Make item that is set up as FIFO Periodic. There was an item on the BOM for it that was FIFO Perpetual (normally you wouldn't be able to add a FIFO Perpetual item to the BOM for a FIFO Periodic item, but we push our BOMs in using a customized utility). I changed the Valuation Method for the BOM Item from FIFO Perpetual to FIFO Periodic using the Utilities > Inventory > Change Valuation. A pending material cost was entered for this item and the standard cost rolled up fine, but the standard cost for the Make item still will not roll up. We've tried deleting th...

retrieve deleted items
does anyone know if its possible to retrieve deleted items ...

Excel Charts
How do you create a chart in Excel that ignores missing values and come out with a chart that has connected lines as if the values were there? 1) replace the missing values with =NA() or 2) select chart; open Tools|Charts and adjust the setting for "Plot empty cells" best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "ediamond" <ediamond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C311C706-7319-4E60-86DA-4777239D3B6F@microsoft.com... > How do you create a chart in Excel that ignores missing values and come > ou...

Deleted Items of multiple accounts (Outlook 2003)
Assuming I have account A as major mailbox and account B as additional. Back in Outlook 2000, when browsing emails of account B and delete emails, they go into the [Deleted Items] folder of account A, no problem in that, I can still drag-n-drop the mails directly into the [Deleted Items] of account B and does not interferce account A at all. However in Outlook 2003, even when I drag the messages directly into [Deleted Items] folder of account B, they still ended up in that of account A. Any work around that we could resolve this? ...

printing list control items in the same format as they appear in list control
hi all, I am using the following code to print the content of the list control iems but the problem is when I print they are not aligned in the same format as they appear in the list control. can any one correct where I'm erring. BOOL CSortlistView::OnPreparePrinting(CPrintInfo* pInfo) { m_reportlist.RemoveAll( ) ; CString str, temp ; str.Format ( "%25s %25s %25s", " Filename", " Size ", " Date " ) ; m_reportlist.AddTail ( str ) ; int listcount = GetListCtrl( ).GetItemCount( ) ; for ( int i = 0 ; i < listcount ; i++ ) { str.Format ...

missing fonts #3
I have fonts in my font file on my system that do not show up in my font drop down box in publisher 2007. They were there at one time then seem to have disappeared. Does anyone know how to get them back into publisher so I can use them again? Jan wrote: > I have fonts in my font file on my system that do not show up in my > font drop down box in publisher 2007. They were there at one time > then seem to have disappeared. Does anyone know how to get them back > into publisher so I can use them again? ============================ Do these same fonts show up in other apps like...

Item Report
I am looking to find an Item Report that would contain the following information by department: Item Lookup Code, Discription, Cost, Price, Available QTY., and most imprtantly Profit Margin. I want to see where all the profit margins are on my products and tweak them a little.Having over 5000 items makes it almost impossible to do so by going from item to item. To be able to pick a department and knowing what the Profit Margin is for that department would make it easy to scroll down through the items and see which items need tweaking. ...