missing installation files

After installing the MSN premier software with verizon
dsl, outlook stopped working. I can't check email, I can't
modify my email accounts and doing the detect and repair
option from the help menu leads to an error message that
says that the patch installation files or the source file
is missing. I've tried reinstalling and doing a repair
from the CD but I get a similar message saying that the
installation files are missing. I also tried to download
the latest office updates, but I get an error message
saying the same thing: "installation files (.msp) are
missing..." I had been doing regular update downloads up
until two weeks ago when I started getting error messages.
MS word and excell still work, but I do get some random
error messages in word. I last tried to unistall but I
could not...

Any ideas?

Hi Victor the window installer file for office is damaged.  If you have the
disks, go to the following and remove office and reinstall.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

"victor" <removethis.mejiamd@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> After installing the MSN premier software with verizon
> dsl, outlook stopped working. I can't check email, I can't
> modify my email accounts and doing the detect and repair
> option from the help menu leads to an error message that
> says that the patch installation files or the source file
> is missing. I've tried reinstalling and doing a repair
> from the CD but I get a similar message saying that the
> installation files are missing. I also tried to download
> the latest office updates, but I get an error message
> saying the same thing: "installation files (.msp) are
> missing..." I had been doing regular update downloads up
> until two weeks ago when I started getting error messages.
> MS word and excell still work, but I do get some random
> error messages in word. I last tried to unistall but I
> could not...
>
> Any ideas?

Problem: "Debug Assertion Failed", File:afxcmn.inl
Hi, I have created an ActiveX ocx control in VC++6.0. When I run it in an ActiveX container of TSTCON32.exe. (the one that is shown while debugging) it runs perfectly. Iam trying to include it in a webpage (I am using visual-interdev for web page creation) by first customizing the toolbox for that ActiveX control and then dragging it to the web page from the toolbox. As soon as I drag it to the webpage, the IDE crashes with a message "Debug Assertion Failed", File:afxcmn.inl Can u suggest me why the problem is occurring and whets the probable solution. Thanks in advance Vijay...

File Dialog in access 2007 01-11-10
Im having problems with the following code in access 2007. I'm trying to open a file dialog to place an image into a form. Any help would be appreciated Reghards Rob. Sub getFileName() ' Displays the Office File Open dialog to choose a file name ' for the current id record. If the user selects a file ' display it in the image control. Dim fileName As String Dim result As Integer With Application.FileDialog(MsoFileDialogOpen) .Title = "Select Picture" .AllowMultiSelect = False .Filters.Clear...

Install Problems
CRM V1.2 Install Fails with: Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to Create the Microsoft CRM databases. Failed to run script:Replication\p_DeleteSchedule.sql. HRESULT:80040E14. Unknown error. (80040E14) Environment: Win2k3 Enterprise SP1 SQL Server 2005 beta Exchange 2003 Standard SP1 Server Roles: File Server Print Server Application Server Domain Controller (Active Directory) DNS Server Please let me know if any other stats about the server would be helpful in diagnosing this issue. I would really like to get this software running. I am logged on as...

How do you check on Vista if .exe file is 32-bit or 64-bit?
Assume 64-bit Vista and assume that you do not want to run/ execute .exe file. Is there a utility that will read an .exe file and provide specifics like 32-bit or 64-bit code? I can use VS2008 to open any .exe file and it will display a lot of info included there but none indicates if the code was compiled as 32- bit or 64-bit >Is there a utility that will read an .exe file and provide specifics >like 32-bit or 64-bit code? depends (www.dependencywalker.com) or dumpbin /HEADERS Dave ...

Publisher can't open a file it just created
Working with Publisher 2003 we just reinstalled it on a computer because it started have problems opening publisher 2003 files. If I create a new file in publisher then save it, when I try to open it again it tells me that it can not open this file. Has anyone else run into this? It happened on another computer once before and we formated and reinstalled windows. I'd like to not have to re install windows if I can help it. Chris Are you saving the file to the hard drive? Do you have Norton? If so disable "script blocking" and in Norton's options disable "Of...

Money 2004 standar didn't convert Money 2000 delux file
Hi all, I just installed Money 2004 Standar on XP. I just buy it. I used to have a Money 2000 Deluxe. When I try to convert my data file, to work with Money 2004 the program makes a copy of the file with the extension "MN8" and then stops with the error: "Money cannot convert the file" Is there any way I can Convert the file even if the previous version was a Delux and the new is an Standar version? Thanks Fernando Sainz ...

Insert a file path as a hyperlink
Is there a way to browse and select the file path and insert it as a hyperlink like in Outlook 2000? Like, in what application? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Brooke asked: | Is there a way to browse and select the file path and | insert it as a hyperlink like in Outlook 2000? First, you have to select HTML from the Format menu. Then, type or past...

A way to link master pages from a master file in publisher?
Is there a way to create a master file (i.e. a template) and link it to several publisher files? That way if the border etc... changes inthe master file, it is updated in all the other linked files. I have figured out master pages, but the files get way to big if I want to contain my entire portfolio on one file. ...

Sharing outlook express files
If this question is to the wrong ng apologies and please point me in the right direction! I have two computers, both running XP home, linked through a recently acquired Dell wireless router. I want to be able to use either machine for email, using the same email files. The older machine has my email .dbx files. I have shared the folder concerned and made it writable. On the newer machine (laptop) I use Outlook express tools->options->maintenance->store folder and point it at the folder on the other machine. Tells me it will happen next time I restart Express...but nothing happens, ...

How do I read text file in an EXCEL SHEET
Hello, With regards to EXCEL how we read the text file in EXCEL sheet using MACRO. The file is located in d:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt. I want to save the EXCEL sheet, and every time when I open this sheet it reads this text file and displays the contents of this text file in Excel Sheet. I want to use MACRO for reading this text file.How I do that? Thanks Amit fileName = "D:\Sql\Documents\Amit\log.txt" Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName OR Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=fileName, Origin:=xlWindows, StartRow _ :=1, DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array( _ Array(0,...

Exchange tabs missing on 2 other 2003 DC's
I have a simple question (I hope) I used to have a 2000 GC with exchange 2000 on it. I have now moved to a 2003 domain and have migrated to Exchange 2003. This is all on 1 server, and I know "now" that having the GC on the Exchange server is not a good idea (but we all make due on a limited budget). I have just recently added 2 DC in a hope to move the GC off of the exchange server. Here is my question: Why are the Exchange tabs missing from the 2 other DC’s? I was under the impression that I did not have to install the Exchange management tools on the other DC’s. If this...

"No Default Printer Installed"
I have recently migrated from Windows XP to Vista 64 Ultimate. Money Plus Home & Business Installed and runs fine, but I am not able to print anything. When I try to go to print setup even I get the message: "No default printer is installed. To install a printer, you need to switch to the Microsoft Windows Control Panel..." I have a printer installed and it works fine from other programs and is set as the default printer. In fact, I have several printers installed, included the Acrobat printer where I normally print my invoices to PDF, but nothing appears to register....

How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1?
How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? On 2/26/08 5:15 PM, in article ee8ee56.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mollycat@officeformac.com" <mollycat@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do I change the Product Key code and the User name of Microsoft Office > 2008 once installed on Mac OSX 10.5.1? Delete these two files: ~:Library:Preferences:Microsoft:Office 2008:Microsoft Office 2008 Settings.plist where ~ is your home folder, and HD:Applications:Microsoft Office 2008:Office:OfficePID.plist -- Diane, ...

Lost file
My daughter turned off my computer before I could name/save a file in Excel. Will a temp version of it exist anywhere? Thanks! ...

Auto format causes very large .xls files and slows my application.
I don't know how many rows of data will be entered at runtime. Presently I guess the maximum and apply auto format conditions to all rows that "could" be used. But this is creating very large .xls files (35MB) and is very inefficient since every cell format is reassessed every time the workbook is modified (can't switch off auto calc since users will forget to calc ! it's ok for me but not them.). Without using VBA, is there a way to apply auto format to rows containing data ? Select the range, then use Format - Autoformat. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthis...

Saving attached files in Outlook
What is OLK8 and what is it supposed to do? Outlook wants to save attached files to a folder called OLK8. When I want to go find the files I can't find the folder OLK8 even thought the save path indicated that it was in "local settings". It doesn't appear to be a hidden file. Why is OLK8 so hard to find when it is the default Outlook save location? The MS KB is (per usual) no help. It is a temporary file for storing attachments. If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, try turning on hidden and system folders and then go look again. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

Access 2K7
I followed the directions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285820 When I run it, I'm getting the error: "438 Object doesn't support this property or method" It looks like it's breaking on this bit of code: ".Picture = strImagePath" Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Module code: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Function DisplayImage(ctlImageControl As Control, strImagePath As Variant) As String On Error GoTo Err_DisplayImage Dim strResult As String Dim strDatabasePath As String Dim intSlashLo...

Exporting One File to Two Others
Here's the situation - hopefully someone can answer my question or come up with a better idea. My daughter owns a used book store and has and inventory of over 10,000 books. My thoughts were to have three different files for serch purposes. ie Title, Auther, Subjuct Matter and add a Referance Number to each book. This way if a customer askes for a book, the serch would be easy. The problem lies in the sales. When a customer purchases a book, she would write down the Referance Number on a sheet of paper then at the end of the day, enter all the days Reference Number into the fi...

Missing Edit|Links Dialog Box
Hi, For some reason, I can no longer access Links dialog via Edit menu. "Links..." no longer appears in menu. How do I get it back? Thanks! correct email: jhsu914@cox.net >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >For some reason, I can no longer access Links dialog via >Edit menu. "Links..." no longer appears in menu. How do >I get it back? Thanks! >. > First attempt: Tools|Customize (just to have that dialog open) click on Edit rightclick on Links choose reset. close up that dialog and try it out. Second attempt: Tools|Customize|Toolbars Ta...

Can't install new report service server
Hi, We occured one problem when install crm3. Our enviroment is win2003 sp1,sql2005. When running setup program "Install new report service server" option is grey. But in our sql server there is no report services installed.There is vs2005 installed on this computer.And I notice asp.net version is 2.0.Is that cause by asp.net 2. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Cheers, Kevin When you have SQL Server 2005, you will need to install the report server that comes with SQL Server 2005 and have the Microsoft CRM v3.0 attach to it. The Report Services is an option with SQL Server...

Online banking trashes my Money File
Hi. This started happening last week. When I connect to the internet and Money 2004 is either in the process of downloading my (many) active statements it abends with the "Send Error Report" dialog box. When I restart, I sometimes have to go through a second crash. When I eventually view my accounts, I'm told I have statements to read but they aren't bolded, so I can't see what they are. I do a file repair, and I crash when I try to view my statements. It seems the only way to continue is to restore from a backup file and completely eliminate background backing. Any sugg...

OE unsafe file attachement message
Each time I send an e-mail with an attachment there is a message stating the following: "OE removed access to the following unsafe file attachments". I was able to discover this by looking in my sent items folder and pulling up each individual e-mail. However, I did a test and sent to some people they did receive the e-mail and attachments. Any idea what this is all about. Thanks in advance! This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will...

Accessing Money 2001 files w/Money 2005
I have been using Money 2001 for, well, about 4 yrs. Thought it was time to upgrade and bought Money 2005. I can't access my M2001 backup file with M2005. I've gone through tech support and they couldn't help me. Anyone here have any suggestions? Besides trying to take the software back to the store. In microsoft.public.money, frustrated in WA wrote: >I have been using Money 2001 for, well, about 4 yrs. >Thought it was time to upgrade and bought Money 2005. I >can't access my M2001 backup file with M2005. I've gone >through tech support and they couldn...

Installing Visio 2000 on XP pro SP2
Hi all, I am using Visio 2002 on my home PC. JUst bought Visio 2000, want to install it on a thinkpad -T23 running XPP sp2. Installation want to install microsoft data engine 1.0. Should I do this? Should I install both discs? I just want to edit drawing I have made at home on 2002. I dont want to make any unseen changes to my notebook, or damage the settings. Any advise? You don't need to install the data engine to run Visio. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "tmfast" <tm...

Re-Installing Microsoft Word
I need to re-install microsoft word where can I go to get the download -- keepitmovn keepitmovn wrote: > I need to re-install microsoft word where can I go to get the download There is no download other than the trial version of Office 2007 (http://us20.trymicrosoftoffice.com/product.aspx?sku=3203819&culture=en-US) or the beta of Office 2010 (http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx), both of which will eventually expire. When you first got Office, was it bundled with a new computer? If so, you should have gotten a CD for reinstalling; if you never got ...