missing email in the sent items

I have a user who is remote.  She recently had her Dell laptop motherboard
replace 10/12/03.  She noticed today that Outlook has not been keeping
record of her sent emails.  I'm sure the MB has nothing to do with this but
I have look at all the Options and Outlook 2002 is configure to record sent
items but there is nothing after that date.  She sent me several test
messages while on the phone together that were not recorded in her sent
items.  I checked her views and everything is standard.  Listed by date and
by names, nothing.  I had her do an Outlook repair and I had her run the
scanpst tool.  Nothing was found wrong.  I also had her copy a junk email
into the sent items folder and it let her do it and she could see listed.
Does anyone have a clue what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Ben

0
benntn (21)

Outside Email Not Received
When we went home on Monday, we turned off our server due to forecasted bad thunderstorms -- which were indeed as bad as they were predicted. This morning, I powered up the SBS2003 Server, with Exchange Server 2003 SP1 included - and we can get internal email, but not external email. I've looked in the logs, I see nothing there that says there are any backups. I've sent myself several emails, and haven't received any of them. What on earth could be happening? Please help before I personally strangle the one person this allegedly really matters to. Thanks! (I'll prob...

Disable items in a CListCtrl in icon view
It is possible to disable some items when using a CListCtrl in (large) icon view mode ? For example, gray them out and make it non-clickable. Any ideas ? Not out of the box, you will have to custom draw the items, and handle the clicking yourself. AliR. "Vincent RICHOMME" <richom.v@free.fr> wrote in message news:44759efc$0$31231$626a54ce@news.free.fr... > > It is possible to disable some items when using a CListCtrl in (large) > icon view mode ? > For example, gray them out and make it non-clickable. > > Any ideas ? ...

I can send but not receive emails in outlook
I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still access my incoming mail from there Do you receive any errors when trying to receive? "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1BA6E6F-2C25-460E-9F4F-8A6EB8C9CA96@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to >...

Modifying dialog for incoming emails
good morning from germany, how can i customize the dialog which tells me that i have some new incoming email, f.g. name of sende, date and time or some other email related infos. thx patric What version of Outlook? If Outlook 2003, you can customize the rules for displaying an alert from specified individuals. Tell us your version and more detailed information (and IF it can be done in your version) will be forthcoming. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Patric" <sokrates1973@aol.com> wrote in message ne...

Error while Archiving email
I am getting error while trying to archive email from Exchange Mailbox to archive file. Here is the error Error while archiving "Inbox" in store "Mailbox-<user name>". Unknown error I created new archive file and tried to archive I keep getting same error. I tried this from different workstation too. I am administrator on local machine and running Windows 2000 pro with SP4 and Office XP with SP3, my email is on Exchange 2000 server with SP3. Any help on this is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Dinesh ...

Removing attachments from multiple emails
Hi: I searched to get all emails with attachments that are from last year or older. Now I want to select them all and remove the attachments from all of them, but keep the messages. I can do this one email at a time by opening it up, right clicking and choosing "remove", but how do I do this for several emails at once? Is there something in Outlook that will allow me to do this or is there a third party tool? Thanks, Kayda There are many third-party tools to add this functionality to Outlook. = See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP...

Macro Help/Duplicate Items + Insert Rows + Sum
I am trying to create a template that will do the following: 1. Find Duplicate Entries (AlphaNumeric) In A Column 2. Insert 2 Rows Between The Duplicate Entries Then: 1. Sub-Total(Another Column With Random Numbers) Of The Duplicate Entries 2. Format the Sub-Total In Bold I have gotten to the point of writting a macro that will identify the duplicate entries; does anybody know how to do the rest? This is a changing set of data, transferred to excel from a relational database (Lotus123 Rel2, which contains anywhere between 3000 to 5000 rows. I cannot spend time grouping the data ...

Forward multiple emails
I am trying to pull together several emails from multiple sources and forward them out with a new email cover letter. I am trying to avoid forwarding each email separately. I want the emails to arrive together with the new email giving a summary of each. Select all the messages and press Forward. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Hendrix" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3bbf01c48f9d$4aabd870$a301280a...

delivered email coming back undelivered
I am sending out email on using Msoft Outlook and it is getting to the recipient; however, I am getting email messages back from "System Administrator" that the email was undeliverable. Also when I would compose emails and got to my address book some of the folders were not available or seem to have changed locations. At the same time I was having problems opening up appointment windows in my Msoft Calendar program and getting a message that the folder could not be found. When I rebooted this went away. I have done a Norton virus scan but nothing came up. Any ideas? RickyG w...

Last Question regarding ITems
I am unclear as to how I should take care of this item... Take for example I order a carton or case of items by I only sell these items by the single item. So in a case there is 36 or 48 or 60 of one item. How Should I enter this into RMS? I want to be able to buy 1 cs and recieve the inventory and have RMS automatically make it so that I have 36, 48 or 60 of them available. parent = case child = individual like items within case search help file for "parent child" "Pr0ject" <Pr0ject@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9E706E8-75B1-4E64-ACCF-72EAE...

How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc
How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Thanks kuotaiyi wrote: > How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? > > anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make > the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. > > Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Out of curiousity, do you mean highlight it to the person receiving the email or highlight to the person sending ...

Receiveing the same email twice ??
when I receive some message the same message is downloaded twice or if the message is already in the inbox, it is downloaded for a second time. I am having this with outlook 2002 & 2003 on different PC's and when I use outlook express on both PC's, I dont get the proplem. Can anyone tell me how to stop this happening, Please, please, please. ...

Can not create Matrix Item please Help RMS 2.0
RMS 2.0 Can not create Matrix Item please Help When trying to create any new items I receive error message This is the message (-2147217864) Row Cannot be located for updating. Some values may have been change since it was last read. Manger still creates standard items but still receives message with out this number in message -2147217864 ...

duplicate emails?
I just switched my Outlook Express account to Hotmail and I seem to be getting 2 or duplicates of any emails that are sent to me. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Mark pajosenden(deletethis)@hotmail.com I have found that if I set my OE to NOT OPEN IN THE INBOX the duplication does not occur. You may want to go over to the following site and look further for a solution: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6f8f01c42fb5$2ba22850$a601280a@phx.gbl... I just switched my Outlook Expres...

Unable to reply to received email
Help!! After setting up the services the test works fine sending and receiving. I can send email with no problem. When I try to reply to an email I get the following: 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <addres> to <address> for 170.215.92.219. Anyone give me help with this one? It all started after my computer went down during a power outage. I reloaded outlook, then because of other problems I relaoded XP. When I imported the data from my old files the problem was still there. Any help would be appreciated. Your ISP may require that you ...

Unable to open Outlook XP Email
I began having problems when trying to open email with attachments in Outlook XP (running Windows XP Pro) about 3 weeks ago. When I try to open email with attachments, my PC will sometimes hang-up, requiring a reboot, even after which the email will not open (known safe source). The frequency of occurrence seems to be going up. Any help on how to fix this problem would be greatly apprecated. Thanks. Glenn Try it again with the virusscanner and virusscanner integration disabled. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Me...

how do i set up outlook using my existing internet email account?
I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:18:29 -0800, Clayton wrote: > I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was > previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. Ask your ISP. They should be able to talk you through. -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

HTML emails
Hello, I want to send some HTML emails from Outlook 2003. I created an HTML page, with very clean HTML code and CSS in the <head> to control the formatting. The company logo is held on the website and I have an absolute link to it. Ideally I would like this page to become some stationary, so in the Stationary Picker I selected this HTML file to use as a template. However Outlook overrides my styles with <font> tags and adds other bits of HTML to what was a nice clean piece of code. Is there anyway to stop Outlook doing this? Thanks Vix Vix <user@example.net> wrote:...

Help
The deal: On earthlink webmail, I only receive one of each email. When I "Send/Receive" from Outlook 2000, the Send/Receive window tells me I'm receiving 10 emails, but 30 appear in my inbox. Everything arrives in triplicate or duplicate. Extended headers appear to be the same in all three identical emails. Things I've tried and know: Deleted and then reconfigured my earthlink account many times. There is only one earthlink account. "Leave a copy of messages on server" is unchecked. Turned Earhlink Spamblocker On then Off then On then Off... no change. S...

Recovering deleted items #3
Hi, I am encountering a strange problem. I am trying to recover mails which were deleted permanantly from my mailbox. After editing the registry settings i am able to recover all folders except deleted items. While I click on deleted items folder to recover the items outlook exits. Has anyone come across this problem? Thanks Shilpa hoe many items are in the deleted folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Ou...

email addresses #8
Ok, I am a bit confused....... I have exchange and Outlook 2003. I have a user I call support. This is a normal user on the network. In the EMAIL settings of this user (inside of AD/users and computers/ Email address, I have an email address setup that is external to the network. (in other words, it is joe@mydomain.com). It is the only email address listed there. (I deleted all others in my testing). I have unchecked for that user to "automatically update email addresses based on recepient policy" yet, if I open Outlook on any network PC and send an email to support, it goe...

HOW DO I SET UP EMAIL FOR 2 USERS IN SEPERATE VIEWS
can anyone help me set up my OE so that when my husband comes on he only sees his emails and i only see mine? my goal is so he does not have to wade thru my emails as well as his and can view only his emails. Help!? A good reference site is http://www.scicable.com/identities.htm . Hope that helps. James <nikinahnah@bridge-of-love.com> wrote in message news:0d3501c4a648$c8062ac0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > can anyone help me set up my OE so that when my husband > comes on he only sees his emails and i only see mine? > my goal is so he does not have to wade thru my emails as ...

distribution email and crm e-mail router
does anyone knows how to configure the e-mail router in CRM 4.0 to connect to an e-mail distribution list in Exchange? The one way could be : You need to create CRM user and with email and domain logon name specificed for distrubution list account. You would be able to see it in CRM users list when you load the data in router. /Aamir I tried to add the domain logon name specified as distribution list using CRM web application in Settings | Administration | Users | Add User, but it cannot be add. Anymore idea? "Aamir" <whatelseto@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9f3f...

Autofilter Is Missing Some Entries
I have Autofilter turned on, and one of the columns is Check#. The column is formatted as text. Some of my check numbers do not appear in the list when I click on the Autofilter arrow-button. There are no leading spaces or invisible characters in the cells. I can't figure out why they don't show up... Any suggestions? Mae, the AutoFilter is limited to 1000 entries, do you have more than that? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using ...

Missing Replies
Anyone been able to figure out why sometimes replies are missing? What happens is that I email someone. (HTML, or text, I have tried both) The person replies. In outlook, the "autopreview" function, and the little task bar window that appears when the message first arrives, shows the first couple of lines of the response. However, if I open the message, either in the reading pane, or in a full open, the reply is not there. My original message is there, just no reply. If I view the message on either of my mail providers (my email goes to usa.net, then to bellsouth.net), us...