missing all texts from mail messages

For some reason all text from all of my mail messages are
missing.  The only way I can read my mail messages is by
saving them as *.txt files.  I have relatively new XP
version (got a new computer few weeks ago) with Outlook=20
Express 6.   The mail messages were readable at first,=20
but the problem occurred after automatic windows updates=20
last week and I believe this has caused the problem.  How=20
could I fix this?

Automatic updates on my computer around the time the mail=20
message problem appeared:=20
Windows Media Player 9 Series (KB837272)=20
Windows XP -security update(KB840315)=20
Microsoft Data Access Components -securiy update
(KB832483)=20
Windows XP -security update (KB840374)=20
Windows XP -security update(KB839645)=20
Important ADODB.stream-update (KB870669)=20
Windows XP -security update(KB837001)
Microsoft Windows -security update(819696)=20
Windows Media Player -ohjelman komentosarjojen komentojen=20
t=E4rke=E4 p=E4ivitys (KB828026) FAILED
Outlook Express 6 (Service Pack 1) -security update=20
(KB823353)
Internet Explorer 6 -ohjelman (Service Pack 1) -security=20
update(KB867801) =20
Windows XP -security update (KB841873)=20
Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) 2.0 -tool
(KB842773)=20

0
anonymous (74722)

try going to tools - options - security - deselect the=20
option under download images
How=20
>could I fix this?
>
>Automatic updates on my computer around the time the=20
mail=20
>message problem appeared:=20
>Windows Media Player 9 Series (KB837272)=20
>Windows XP -security update(KB840315)=20
>Microsoft Data Access Components -securiy update
>(KB832483)=20
>Windows XP -security update (KB840374)=20
>Windows XP -security update(KB839645)=20
>Important ADODB.stream-update (KB870669)=20
>Windows XP -security update(KB837001)
>Microsoft Windows -security update(819696)=20
>Windows Media Player -ohjelman komentosarjojen=20
komentojen=20
>t=E4rke=E4 p=E4ivitys (KB828026) FAILED
>Outlook Express 6 (Service Pack 1) -security update=20
>(KB823353)
>Internet Explorer 6 -ohjelman (Service Pack 1) -security=20
>update(KB867801) =20
>Windows XP -security update (KB841873)=20
>Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) 2.0 -tool
>(KB842773)=20
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
10/2/2004 3:42:58 PM
sanna <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> For some reason all text from all of my mail messages are
> missing.  The only way I can read my mail messages is by
> saving them as *.txt files.  I have relatively new XP
> version (got a new computer few weeks ago) with Outlook
> Express 6.

1) Ask in an Outloko Express newsgroup.
2) At a command line prompt, enter REGSVR32 INETCOMM.DLL
--
Brian Tillman
0

Remove spaces in the middle of a text value entered
This is my input mask.... >LLL####LL.LL And this is what i get in the datasheet view .... MGW1___HT.OK Instead, i want to have this .... MGW1HT.OK or MGW12HT.OK or MGW123HT.OK. Can someone help me please? E On 13 Apr 2007 13:28:46 -0700, emerlita@shaw.ca wrote: > This is my input mask.... >LLL####LL.LL > > And this is what i get in the datasheet view .... MGW1___HT.OK > > Instead, i want to have this .... MGW1HT.OK or MGW12HT.OK or > MGW123HT.OK. > > Can someone help me please? > > E So why are you using an Input Mask if it doesn't do what ...

Format text for "mark my comments with..." #2
Is there a way to format the font & colour of the text I may type into the body of an existing email in Outlook 2003? I have switched the option on so that the comments are flagged with my initials but I wanted them more prevalent by being able to format the colour of the text. At the moment its a manual task. With Word as the editor: Open Word, choose Tools | Options | General tab ... Email Options button ... you can choose the Font in when "Replying or Forwarding messages" -- Bill Rodgers MVP "Greg J" <frog66@flashmail.com> wrote in message news:11246865...

Send direct e-mail to customers
When I try to send direct e-mail (by clicking on the send direct email on the actions bar) I can get as far as choosing my template, but when I click send i get the following error message: "The Bulk E-Mail Service is not running" How do I start this service? Hi James, Check the services. Right-click on My computer -> manage -> Services and Applications -> Services. Search for Mcirosoft CRM Bulk email service -> start. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME ERP/CRM products E-mail: crm@inogic.com Web: www....

Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit After updating to 10.1.6, some fonts are missing (KidPrint, Lucida handwriting, etc.) Any ideas? --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FON...

Advanced find
In advance find a customer wishes to know how many of each product an account has ordered. The Order lines, Quote Lines, Invoice Lines are not available as output entities. Therefore no reporting on advanced find is avaiable. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

REstoring a mail sotre to a newly installed exchange 2003
Hi, I have a windows SBS 2003 server installed with a couple of mailboxes on it. I backed up the mail store then decided to reinstall the OS. The reason to do this was to partition the disk differently. So I installed the OS from scratch, and now I need to restore my mail store backup done using ntbackup. Should I recreate the old users on my SBS2003 system or should I just restore the mail store on top of the exisiting mailstore created by the fresh installtion of the OS. I didn't backup anything else but the mailstore. The newly installed server uses the same domain name as the ol...

Mail as web page
I want to send an advertising mail shot that looks like a web page. What is the best way to achieve this? ---------------------------------------------------------- This message has been checked for all known viruses. The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to any other parties without the prior permission of the originator. Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/ ...

Search for a text in a cell and give the outcome later
Dear expert, C30 to C60 contains some data. Say I wan to find piano and use =MATCH("*piano*",C30:C60,0) in cell D31 It gives me the anwer 20 in D31. 20 is the squence of piano. How can I use the function and use return the the whole cell content which is "Play Piano"? I only know where it is. How to locate where and give the whole content in D32 please? Thanks Elton Play games Play golf Play guitar Play piano Play Kite Play Sccoer Play cards Play WII Play music =INDEX(C30:C60,D31) -- Regards! Stefi „Elton Law” ezt írta: &g...

mail merge problems #2
I have Vista and Office 2007. When I try to do a mail merge with Publisher and a comma-separated-values file exported from Outlook, I get the message, "An operation cannot be completed because of database engine errors." It used to work fine, but not any more. Help! There isn't a solution specific to 2007, but this article addresses your error and probably will work You receive a "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or data base engine failures" error message when you try to perform a mail merge by using an Outlook 2003 contact folder in Publish...

Symantec Mail Security for Exchange
Does anyone know if Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 5.0 will work on the Standard Edition of Exchange 2000 sp3? It says Enterprise Edition in the sys requirements but no where does it say the word STANDARD. If anyone can help before I purchase this software that would be great. Thanks, Chad WEBIT Services On 3 Nov 2006 13:50:18 -0800, "crdvds" <crdvds@gmail.com> wrote: >Does anyone know if Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 5.0 will work >on the Standard Edition of Exchange 2000 sp3? > >It says Enterprise Edition in the sys requirements but no where does ...

How can I put a text box in every cell?
Two questions: -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to insert on manually every time? AND - How can I make sure that a text box inserts itself automatically into a new row whenever I add a row? Thanks! One way is to select the row with the text box and copy it to the next row. Copy and paste it several times and then select the rows and paste them as a group. "bmowell" wrote: > Two questions: > > -How can I put a text box in every cell that I am using WITHOUT having to > insert on manually every time? &g...

Message Filtering on MS Outlook 2000
Hi I'm Leo I have a problen on my MS Outlook Message Filtering, this is the scenario. User A sends a message to User B (inside my organisation) and User C (outside) then the message goes to User B Inbox, then User C replies to User B and the message goes to Junk Folder. This is not usually heppening when User C sends Email on User B, normally it goes to User B inbox. We have a Rule that filters the Email Address of the sender so I think that the MS Outlook filters the message thats why it goes to Junk Folder. My question is how did MS Outlook filters messages even if we do not have Rul...

Leave Mail On Server
Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave mail on the mail server? You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not necessarily available with all ISP's. >-----Original Message----- >Where is the checkbox in Outlook Express config to leave >mail on the mail server? >. > anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > You need the e-mail account info as a MAPI account, not a > traditional SMTP/POP3 account. Not possible in Outlook Express. Perhaps you meant IMAP? And it would depend what kind of mail accoun...

My OL 2000 will not open-get error message
I have MS Office Premium-all of the other programs work. When I try to open OL2000 I get the the error msg. MS Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. I removed MS Office Premium and re-installed it-same problem. I also clicked repair from Control Panel-same problem. -- Roma Does it work correctly when trying to start Outlook in Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe For additional troubleshooting steps see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www...

Import mail from CD
Hi, I exported a mail PST file, burned it onto a CD. Copied it from the CD to my hard drive, changed the read-only attributes. Imported into Outlook and get the message "properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" Win2000, Outlook 2000SP3, IomegaCD-RW 52x24x52x using Iomega Burn Any ideas? thanks Ruth Turn off the read-only property on the .pst file. Ray at work "Ruth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161601c39d71$cc6da970$3101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I exported a mail PST file, burned it onto a CD. Cop...

HTML is being converted to text in outlook messages
I have a mixed environment of Exchange 2k3 SP2, and Exchange 5.5 SP4. Currently, the Ex5.5 server is acting as the bridgehead, so all inbound/outbound mail passes through the IMC on that box. My problem is with HTML content within emails. I recieve the messages ok (they are displayed as HTML), but when I forward them, the email loses the HTML content, and displays it in plain text. I have checked the "HTML" box setting in the IMC on the Ex5.5 bridghead server. Is there anywhere else that this needs to be enabled? Any help is appreciated. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:20:31 -080...

A program is trying to access e-mail #2
When I hit new or reply I get this box saying, "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" Symantec says it's a Microsoft problem. Microsoft says its a security patch sp3? How do I stop this dam message from poping up???? Outlook 2002 SP3 adds additional properties to the list of those that are affected by the security features. As a result, one of your add-ins needs updated to the latest version - antispam add-ins are a common cause although others are affected by the changes as well. Many add-ins were updated follow...

mail merge and cc
I use Word 2007 mail merge to Outlook. I also want to CC to one person during the mail merge. I cannot find a way to put CC. The built-in mail merge feature does not offer a way to do this. You can use a mail merge add-in to achieve this though; See http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/mass-mail The Mail Merge Toolkit from MAPILab fully integrates with the Mail Merge feature of Word and will add the CC and even an attachment option when doing a mail merge; http://addins.howto-outlook.com/mapilab_mailmerge If you decide to order use 4PM76A8 to get a discount. -- Robert Sparnaa...

Exchange 2003 Mail between servers stops after a few days
Hi all, I have an odd situation where mail destined for a different administrative group in the same domain stops after a few days; a restart of the server where mails are queing clears the problem. The destination admin group is attached via a connector (smtp), and it's this connector that goes into a retry state under fault conditions. A bridgehead at either end is used, although looking at message tracking suggests the bridge-heads are not being used. Local mail delivery is unaffected, only mail to the remote admin group is affected. There are firewalls involved: the sites are...

duplicate messages #3
Each time I click "send/receive", the same two email messages are sent to my inbox. If i clik three times, the two messages will drop into my inbox for a total of six messages! Understand, i do not have "save messages on the server" selected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled outlook twice with to no avail? Suggestions? Happens to me too. My ISP said it is poorly written spam that fails to complete sending properly, so Outlook times out without completing the task of downloading including recognising what has already been downloaded and what has not. Why can&#...

e-mails history
Muy buenas. Cuando escribimos un mail la cuenta a quien v� dirigido el mismo queda almacenada en alg�n historial de modo que la proxima vez que vas a escribir un mail a esa cuenta, outlok 2003, te la propone. Me gustar�a saber como poder migrar ese historial para que quede utilizable en otro ordenador. jose <oeaoio@hotmail.com> wrote: > Muy buenas. > > Cuando escribimos un mail la cuenta a quien v� dirigido el mismo > queda almacenada en alg�n historial de modo que la proxima vez que > vas a escribir un mail a esa cuenta, outlok 2003, te la propone. > > Me gusta...

rule to move sent mail to 2nd mailbox sent folder
We have Outlook 2002 (enterprise). I have my own mail box and in addition, another shared mailbox. What I need to be able to do is have a rule set up so that when I reply to an email from the shared mail box, that shows the from email address as ''my name and 'on behalf of; 'shared mail box'' it moves the sent email from my own personal email to the sent mail folder on the shared email folder. I also need to set up a rule for any emails that are deleted from the shared email box are put into the 'shared email delete box'. I have looked at the rules and can&#...

Message Tracking Center not functioning
The Message Tracking Center has been working fine for many months, however today I tried to use it and received the error message: "The tracking database on SERVER_NAME is not available or the message has left the Exchange organization. Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management ID no: c1032751 Microsoft Exchange Management I've tried turning tracking off and on under the ESM server properties. I've tried changing the folder location (I hopes it reset something). The permissions on the SERVER_NAME.log folder appear to be open for Administrators. Also looking at the tracking ...

Close "X" missing
I have a user who's Excel window displays without the usual Minimize, Restore Down, and Close symbols in the upper right corner. That's the Underscore, the Box and the X. I thought his screen was set too wide but I checked that and the symbols are just not there. Is there a way to turn these on and off in Excel? Thank you, Ray K I have two guesses... Could it be... xl: close button is dimmed after groupwise is installed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 But my money is on that the workbook is protected: tools|protection|protect workbook in that d...

WINCE desktop icon text
Hello everyone�� How to make the wince desktop icon text background transparent? it is blue and so ugly when i change the Wallpaper��thank you! Auly(from china) I think that, in order to do that, you'd have to rewrite the shell. You have the source, so it should be possible. Look in the right \PUBLIC\SHELL subdirectory for somewhere that the desktop it drawn. Find where the item names are drawn as text and change the code, or allow a registry entry to control whether your change is active or not. I think that, no matter what ...