Minimized and still check for new mail.

I was wondering if Outlook 2000 can be minimized (out of
the taskbar) and still be able to check for new mail. Can
you point me to the setting that I need to change?

Look here for a registry hack that will minimize Outlook to the system
tray, where it will still run and check for new mail:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/usertips.htm#mintray

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

"Jason" <jasonlambert@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering if Outlook 2000 can be minimized (out of
> the taskbar) and still be able to check for new mail. Can
> you point me to the setting that I need to change?

Hmm...sorry, just realized that tip was for Outlook 2002.  I don't know
for a fact it won't work for Outlook 2000, though -- you'd have to put
the new DWORD value in the 9.0 section rather than 10.0, and be sure to
back up that portion of your registry before you try the hack, just in
case.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

"Jason" <jasonlambert@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering if Outlook 2000 can be minimized (out of
> the taskbar) and still be able to check for new mail. Can
> you point me to the setting that I need to change?

Jason,

You may try looking for "Outlock" in Google. I read about this in this forum
a few days ago. I do not know which versions of OL it works for. Good luck.

"Jason" <jasonlambert@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering if Outlook 2000 can be minimized (out of
> the taskbar) and still be able to check for new mail. Can
> you point me to the setting that I need to change?

0
gh1 (11)

Cannot send mail from outlook, error 0x800CCC78
This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to send e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber when the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared). I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of my provider in order to get e-mail sent. I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix. Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem. Come on Microsoft, do your stuff.....

Just installed new hard drive
I just installed a new hard drive and used the drive's utility program to copy everything from my old drive to the new one. Now Outlook isn't going out to my ISP's server and getting my new messages, and when I send a message I get the "no transport provider available" error. (My connection's just fine.) I looked online for some help. One recommendation was to delete the Personal Folder and create a new one. I did that, but then all the messages I had disappeared and it freaked me out so I didn't want to mess with anything else. How can I make it work ...

Computer Check Printing
Computer Checks Edit List is for a check run for one country (all the vendors in that countrY), but the vendors from another country show up as zero dollars. Any idea how to prevent this? It does not appear to be related to KB# 874437, as electronic payments are not used. Thanks in advance. ...

mail and calender
I believe I used to see a small calender on the right of my screen when in outlook mail. It would also spell out the nature of upcoming appointments. Can't seen to recall this option. Please help. It's called the Date Navigator. How you get it back on depends on your version. Please enlighten us - which version of Outlook are you running????? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Sc...

mail server
Is Exchange an absolute must? Can I do without it? Can any other mail server do? Thank you. Hi Bill, Exchange is not required. There are 3 scenario's: 1) Exchange -> email can be sent and received in CRM 2) SMTP -> email can be sent from CRM but not received 3) Nothing -> email cannot be used from CRM. For more info http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2006/01/05/Running_Microsoft_CRM_without_Exchange_Server.aspx Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "bill tie" wrote: > > Is Exchange an abso...

Consulta Exchange 5.5 Mails con fondo
Estimados: Alguien sabe si es posible configurar un servidor Exchange 5.5 para que los mails enviados salgan con un fondo (bacground) predeterminado? Gracias. ...

OWA
When using OWA, I can View my Emails on the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can use Find Name, and it will Search.. But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops up and says: "Failed to Send Item" Thanks... Ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange not Outlook. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.spa...

Check if latest updates installed
Is there a way to check, remotely, if the latest Windows updates have been installed on a computer? Thanks 1. Connect via RDP and run Windows Update from Start Menu. 2. Download and run MBSA. 3. Use third party utility (www.shavlik.com) "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:##kkxpQmKHA.4808@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to check, remotely, if the latest Windows updates have been > installed on a computer? > > > Thanks > Sorry forgot to mention: 1a. WSUS has also reporting capabilities 1b. SCCM and...

Creating a Mail Merge template in 4.0
I am using the RC0 image for demo purposes and have not managed to do this. When editing the template in word I get the message "Record 1 contained too many data fields." If it is never going to work please just let me know and I will try to focus on teh live releasse. Cheers, Mike. I get the same behavior in the released version. I suspect the 'Edit Template in Word' operation is simply invoking the template as if it was doing a mail merge operation; because there is no data available (you are in the editor of the letter template afterall), the merge process get...

My spell check keeps switching off in word 2007
Every time i try and write a document the spell checking keeps switching off. Depsite me switching it back on, it changes back as soon as I start typing. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. Can anyone help cos this is driving me potty?? Is the correct language applied to text? See also http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "geordielass86" <geordielass86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:034EE38C-F6EB-44F5-A875-C55709A58B67@microsoft.com... > Every time i try an...

Auto check email address
When typing in the TO: box, a drop-down list pops up with a list of names to choose from. Is there any way to edit the names in this list? Thanks for your help. I don't think there is. All that is is a list of recent addresses that you used. Same concept as "My Recent Documents" in Windows. I am wondering now if there is a way to reset it? "Pasbrig" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1444101c4182b$00e2a410$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When typing in the TO: box, a drop-down list pops up with > a list of names to choose from. > &g...

Outlook Junk mail filter and rules problem
Hello- I switched to Outlook from Mozilla Thunderbird. I did this because Thunderbird was unstable (at least for me). It did have a nice spam filter though. I was hoping that Outlook's spam filter would be comparable and the app would be stable. So far it's stable, but I am having a serious problem with the filter. I use Outlook 2004 to track several POP accounts. So when I download a message, I have a rule for each account that puts the message in an appropriate folder under the inbox folder. The problem is when I use the Spam filter, this is what happens. 1. Spam arrives to ...

Outlook Express Spell Check
When trying to spell check I get the error message" an error has occurred while the spelling was being checked.". I have XP-Home. Is there a fix for this. Microsoft offers no fix for the problem in the knowledge base. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3...

how do I transfer file from Clipboard to an e-mail message
How do I transfer a file from Outlook clipboard or C drive to the body of an e-mail message NOT as an attachment. thanks you would need to open the file and copy the contents. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOF...

Error message
I cannot create a new folder on an external HDD. Win XP Pro, SP3. I go to My Computer, and select the external HDD letter. Then go over to the right-hand pane, right click and select New, then Folder. This produces an error message "Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I can save and retrieve a Word document all right to this same external HDD. I can use the above method to create a new folder on the desktop, and on the two HDDs that are internal to the computer. Virus and malware scans are negati...

Recurring e-mail
Hello all, I have a user who wants to send out a message to a list of recipients every Monday at 8:00. Exact same text, same recipents every time. Any suggestions on how to do this? I suggested a recurring Calendar item, but he wants an e-mail. OL2003/Exchange 2003 Thanks See if this info helps any: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm "Andy Williams" <f_u_b_a_r_1_1_1_9@y_a_h_o_o_._c_o_m> wrote in message news:Os%23TSjzpFHA.3408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I have a user who wants to send out a message to a list of recipients > ...

Unable to install 2000 Publisher upgrade on new computer
I have a new computer with office xp professional, but the publisher application that came with xp does not have the same functionality of the office 2000 professional publisher that i created most of my publications with. I can not get the "2000 upgrade" that I purchased to install on my new computer. It says that there is not a valid product to update. Is there some way around this? Do you have any old Microsoft product disks that you can install? Works, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Lotus 1-2-3, Microsoft Project or Word. Publisher 2002 is superior to 2000. What features ...

Transferring files to a new computer
Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP with MSFT Small Biz. I was running Windows 98 and using Outlook 2000. Now I want to copy all my old emails, folders, addresses etc. into the new version of Outlook 2003 but I can't seem to find it. It's not recognizing my saved files as .PST files. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, daviskho "daviskho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052801c3dbb0$e46e5970$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP > with MSFT Small Biz. ...

Copy cell to a new cell #2
In Column B I have certain values which start with GB2 e.g GB2-02210. I would to like to copy these values and paste it in another cell. I would like to do this with only values which start with GB2. Many thanks -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com I would use Data>Filter>Autofilter and use custom>begins with... -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "mohd21uk via OfficeKB.com" <u20517@uwe> wrote in message news:5ede27c5beb13@uwe... > In Column B I have certain values ...

New Task Duration Time
Where can I change the default "Duration" of (30 Minutes) when creating a new Task? ...

strange e-mail from CRM
I keep getting strange e-mail from my CRM server. It has my name in the "from" and a serial number "bf3fcaf18dec504f936a2e1cd7bebbef-2c05" as the subject, and then in the message is has this: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><DeviceInfo xmlns="AirNotify:"><Version>1.1</Version><BindingMap><Folder><FolderId>bf3fcaf18dec504f936a2e1cd7bebbef-2b1f</FolderId><DeviceId>D5264C7F2FB8AE10DBA83BE2DA9B73FC</DeviceId></Folder><Folder><FolderId>bf3fcaf18dec504f936a2e1cd7b...

5.5 Org directory synch with new 2003 Org
Hi Can anyone point me in the right direction... I need to keep a 5.5 Org and a 2003 Org in directory synch over a WAN. I have experience of MIIS but this would cost the earth and be overkill Can anyone recommend a simple, cheaper tool Kind Regards Churchill Churchill, You can join over 200 other companies who use SimpleSync to do just what you describe. No such worries as 'native mode', 'mixed mode'. No need to configure by site. For more information and to download an evaluation copy of SimpleSync, please visit www.cps-systems.com . You can see a series of screen shots ...

Assigning New ID# in Code
What code can I use to assign a number as an ID# to a new record? I basically would add 1 to the previous ID. -- Gator Why not just use an Autonumber field? If you can't for some reason, you can get a new number using the DMax function: lngNewId = Nz(DMax("[ID]","TableName"),0) + 1 -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Gator" wrote: > What code can I use to assign a number as an ID# to a new record? I > basically would add 1 to the previous ID. > -- > Gator I could probably use auto number...I just figured I would assign code, mayb...

Mail Merge In Excel Only
I have a form in one spreadsheet and data in another, how can i perform a "mail merge" to get the data to go in the correct fields in the form? -- Thanks, Sharon Maybe you can use this idea from Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlForm02.html and http://contextures.com/xlForm03.html SHARON wrote: > > I have a form in one spreadsheet and data in another, how can i perform a > "mail merge" to get the data to go in the correct fields in the form? > -- > Thanks, > Sharon -- Dave Peterson ...