Million Dollar Question, How to Recover oversized PST

I know this has been answered many a times, but can
anyone help me retrive my mails from Outlook 2000 which
is there in a oversized PST (2.06 GB)Please help me, i
have tried repairing and opening it in Outlook 2003 and
also importing to a new pst. nothing works.

Thanks in advance

Swaroop
0
anonymous (74722)

There is some information here
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm with links to a crop
tool, be warned though that data will be lost
"Swaroop" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know this has been answered many a times, but can
> anyone help me retrive my mails from Outlook 2000 which
> is there in a oversized PST (2.06 GB)Please help me, i
> have tried repairing and opening it in Outlook 2003 and
> also importing to a new pst. nothing works.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Swaroop

I have done this before, Mr. Robert. But is there any
other way of retriving the file. I have Office 2003 now,
why cant I import the present folder into a new pst
created in this, even though you know that this version
supports 20 GB files??? Could you please tell me any
other way other than cropping it please. Thanks in advance

Swaroop

0
anonymous (74722)
6/9/2004 2:23:08 PM
The tool on the link is the only official tool that I know off that will
truncate a pst file of ansi format, the tool is a hex editor and so in
theory another hex editor could do the same job but obviously not supported.
While its true that the new format pst can hold data up to 20GB it is
because it is a different format type from the original, the new type is off
Unicode while the old is ansi.
> I have done this before, Mr. Robert. But is there any
> other way of retriving the file. I have Office 2003 now,
> why cant I import the present folder into a new pst
> created in this, even though you know that this version
> supports 20 GB files??? Could you please tell me any
> other way other than cropping it please. Thanks in advance
>
> Swaroop

Thanks very much Mr. Robert, you have given some valuable
suggetions. Thanks again, i did the same and lost some
files but it makes wonders so I am happy with the result,
cause instead of losing the whole data atleast I could
recover most of it

Kind Regards

Swaroop

0
anonymous (74722)

Countif question 12-11-09
Several people have been helpful getting me to point I am now at with this spreadsheet. Using formula below, is there a way to ignore data to right of decimal point? I need to retain data to right in sorted answer. Example at bottom is what I am trying to do now. Data in the range A2:B17 In cell C2, key in =IF(COUNTIF(A:A,B2)>COUNTIF(B$2:B2,B2)-1,B2,"") A---------------------------B------------------------C 0.203 ------ 0.203 ------ 270.413 280.213 ------ 270.213 ------ 270.403 280.413 ------ 270.413 ------ 265.113 280.403 ------ 270.403 ------ 262.313 ...

Basic Store Operations Manager Question
On the New Item Wizard, is there a way to make the same inventory matrix appear for a Department or Category? Can you restate that question? Are you trying to copy all items from one department into another or are you trying to do something with Matrix Items? Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information. A StanTech Associate wrote: > On the New Item Wizard, is there a way to mak...

Deleted items not showing up in Recovered Deleted Items
Outlook 2000 Client; Exchange 5.5 Server When I dlete an email , it show up in deleted items. When I delete it from there it doesn't show up in Recovered Deleted Items folder. WHY Not using Shift + Delete when deleting and no changes were made to the Exchange server regarding Item Recovery. Any Ideas? You need to enable DumpsterAlwaysOn in the registry. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q1 78/6/30.ASP&NoWebContent=1 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Outlook 2000...

Outlook 2000 and 2003 signature question
When creating messages in either of these I'm being told by a popup that 'Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not displap correctly'. Something to do with an image in my signature? Any ideas? j. ...

ActiveSynch Questions
Trying to configure several options for AS but have no idea where to go? (1) Increase what is downloaded each time, currently the user gets only a very small percentage of each email then have to resynch to get the rest of the message, I would like them to get the entire email or at least a larger chunk. (2) History, seems to be purging emails after only a few days, I would like the user to not auto-purge.. They are only maintaining a few days of history, with the BB or Goodlink they were able to go back months... (3) Downloading History? Is this possible?? Can messages which have already...

Another setup question please
I am using studio .net deployment solution. It creates a great looking installer which will automatically remove prior versions of the program. But after using Winzip Self Extractor to create an exe I get a different, much simpler setup/installer which doesn't remove prior versions, but instead prompts for the user to remove the prior version through the control panel. .. Any clues as to how to preserve the installer ? ...

Help with PST file
Every now and then for whatever reason I get the message that my pst file can't be accessed (Outlook 2000 SR1). So I try to create a new one because I don't know how to fix the problem. After hours of trying, searching for help, etc I get a new pst file. However now in my folders list I have several other personal folders. Also I can never figure out how to get my email addresses from the old personal folder (contact folder) to the newly created one. Can someone help me? I've got to say that much of this goes over my head. For instance I keep reading where I'm supposed to ...

setting to have email saved on Exchange server instead of PST
Hi, In Outlook 2007, is there a setting to have all the email saved to an Exchange Server rather than to a PST file? Thanks Steve Set the default delivery location to the exchange acct in tools, account settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://w...

Ifstream question
Hello I was wondering what function I can use in the visual C++ .NET 2003 header fstream.h , when I have already create an object of type ifstream that will check to see if the end of file or EOF has been reached yet. None of the standard STL functions appear to be there. Thanks in advance Sincerely James Simpso Straightway Technologie http://www.straightwaytech.com ...

Tricky data merge question...
Hello! I'm so happy to have found this forum. I have been struggling with the following problem for some time: I have a data set with the following column headers: HN Number Piece Reference The data looks like: HN_Number Piece Reference HN0001 Sonata in C K. 279 (189e) HN0001 Sonata in d K. 342 HN0001 Sonata in Eb K. 365 (453d) HN0001 Sonata in B K. 323 HN0002 Quartet in D K. 345 HN0002 Sonatas Book I editorial dfd22...

Question #8
Hello, I was wondering if you can tell me how to back-up outlook emails to an "N-drive"? Also, how do you open them, once you have backed them up? I don't know how to open them with a pst extension. Thanks. Bill <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was wondering if you can tell me how to back-up outlook emails to an > "N-drive"? Also, how do you open them, once you have backed them up? > I don't know how to open them with a pst extension. Theer are a number of ways to copy files in Windows. One way is as follows: Close Outlook. Bro...

Salary USD$4 ten thousand dollars every week
We Don't Leave Anything Up to Chance. Just plug into our proven 3-Step Wealth Generation System. 1. No Selling! 2. No Meetings! 3. No Pressure! FREE join than see the website http://favorjean.probuilderplus.com/ ...

Problem after recover prive.edb
We had our Priv.edb corrupted, after recover it some emails can't open, move or delete, here is the message we got: "This item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied" message. Thank you in advance for your help in this matter. "Eduardo Mustiga" <emustiga@kbmco.com> wrote in news:3a5b01c47f19$0aae94e0 $a501280a@phx.gbl: > We had our Priv.edb corrupted, after recover it some > emails can't open, move or delete, here is the message we > got: > "This item could not be deleted. It was either move...

DelayLoad questions
I am tryng to delay load a DLL and have a few questions hopefully somebody can answer. If I correctly setup a DLL to be delay loaded would it be required to be in my PATH on startup even though I am not invoking any functions defined in the DLL at startup time. Is there some tool I can use (maybe process monitor or something along that line) that will show me that my DLL has not been loaded even though my program is running. Lastly, is there a preferred method to delay loading a DLL. Is it better to to do it programatically or through options in Visual Studio? Thanks in advance for all tha...

Missing DLL file prevents me using PST Files?
Hello - I posted on here a while ago asking for help as following a company merger I cannot use PST files in Outlook 2000 (Windows NT machine). I have been told that work have removed a DLL file which is causing this. Do any of you have experience of this? If so any idea what DLL file I need to add back in? Many thanks, Carl. Do you mean that the corporate IT removed the DLL so you can't use PSTs? Do they have a good reason for this? "Carl Jarvis" <carljarvis@nothankyouforthespammister.co.uk> wrote in message news:1125040515.4863.0@nnrp-t71-03.news.uk.clara.ne...

Steven Lebans A2K2 Question
Steven, I want to apply the A2K2 to a form that has pie charts. Since MS Graphs need to have the labels for the "slices" adjusted as they change. So I currently do everything on a form and manipulate the labels, Save it, close it, then SAVE AS a report. then use the A2K2 to mege to a Word document that i can add comments to and e-mail. If i can do this on the form, i can save a few steps. I can't do a macro to do all of this, either. I can't do any PDF's, for various reasons.Any thoughts... ...

Active directory backup / restore question
Hi, I'm planning Symantec backup exec solution for domain controllers. Our production environment is composed of 2 AD domain controllers running on Windows 2008 R2 OS. Both servers are global catalogs and one of them is FSMO roles holder: SERVER1 - GC / DNS / FSMO roles holder SERVER2 - GC / DNS / DHCP SERVER Q1.: In case of SERVER2 crash, should I restore whole system from the backup or should I just install new server with identical name/ip adress, include it into domain and dcpromo it and import DHCP database and authorize it on the AD level to start serving clients? Q...

PST Discovery Tool
Can anyone recommend a utility or script that can be used to remotely discover PST files on workstations? I am looking for a centrally managed solution. The PST files on the workstations are not lost. At the very least, this tool should tell me who has a PST file attached to Outlook. There is one included in the PST Migrator part of KVS (aka Symantec Enterprise Vault). Realistically you're looking at the output of dir /s *.pst on each drive on your PCs... -- Thanks, Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP - Directory Services www.briandesmond.com "jason c" <jason c@disc...

Monthly workday report and couple other questions
I'm pretty much an access newbie, having only done very basic training how the program works, but I've been tasked to make a fairly simple database for my work. The database is somewhat finished now, but couldn't figure out couple things. First problem is; How do you make query(or report eventually) about workdays and narrow it only to include workdays of the any given month? Monthly report so to speak. Also couple minor problem I couldn't figure out. Is it possible to include 2 separate pivot tables into a form or report? I did a little start up form to ease up the usab...

Question about aliases
Hello everyone. I have just inherited an Exchange 2000 box and I have some questions. An employee has just quit and we would like to have the email coming in for that employee sent to several other accounts. I was thinking about PSTing the user's mail, removing his account, and then creating an alias... But how can I have mail coming to one user be redirected to several others? Also, a "contact group" was created, and I want to put someone in it who has an email address outside of our domain. I can create a domain account for this user, but how do I create something ...

ADC Setup Question
Ehlo there; I am setting up ADC to the following kind of environment: -Exchange 5.5: one org, 5 sites (lets call them US, UK, France, Canada, Germany). Connectors set up "star -like" with US being in the middle (foreign sites are real small ones). -AD (2003): one forest, several domains. One domain per country, i.e. US, UK, France, Canada, Germany. No special business requirements. Email just needs to work (GALs keep updated etc). We expect to spend some time with ADC as it looks like we won't be able migrate the foreign sites to E2003 very soon. My question: is it enoug...

Excel Questions
Last night I was building a spreadsheet to track a project I'm working on. I'm writing a book, in fact, and I wanted to track progress by date and by chapter, with a few extra columns for things like total words written. It turned out to be fairly large, by my standards, some 30 columns by 200 rows. My first problem came with the totals column. I wanted to put the sum of columns E to Y in the Z column. Excel flagged an error every time, wanting to add columns C and D to the sum. Since C contained the date and D some other information, I was sure I didn't want them, but cou...

Replication question.
Microsoft.public.exchange.admin Hi, E2K SP3. I am following Ed Crowley's Exchange 2000 Move Server Method. My only questions so far are: - The server that is going to be removed from the domain - is it necessary to remove it from the list of replication targets on the other servers or will it be removed automagically? - The instructions say to recreate any connectors on the new server. I have an SMTP connector and don't see any way to recreate it elsewhere. Thanks, Peter On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:22:03 +0700, Peter Kaufman <peterkhub-usenet@yahoo.ca> wrote: >Microsoft.pub...

PivotTable question
When you are changing the field settings for a page field, you have the option of changing how subtotals are done - count instead of sum for example. But I do not see this making any difference in how the tabl;e is displayed. -- Peter Aitken Remove the crap from my email address before using. You won't see the selected subtotals unless you move the page field to the row or column area. Peter Aitken wrote: > When you are changing the field settings for a page field, you have the > option of changing how subtotals are done - count instead of sum for > example. But I do...

Million fractions!
Hello, Help! For some reason whenever I type a number in a cell it scales i down by a factor of a million! e.g if I type in 3, when I click awa from that cell it turns it into 0.000003. I must have accidentall changed some setting but I'm at aloss to discover what! Please excuse my naivety, I'm not too hot with Excel! Thanks MD -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com <Tools> <Options> <Edit> tab, And then *uncheck* "Fixed Decimal Places". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the...