Microsoft Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool

Good Morning,

Is it just me or does this tool not work with 2007, is it is not
listed on the file menu as the online article suggests.

Tom
0
Gandalf252002

Works fine

"Gandalf252002" <grandor2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Good Morning,
>
> Is it just me or does this tool not work with 2007, is it is not
> listed on the file menu as the online article suggests.
>
> Tom

0
DL
3/20/2010 12:56:39 PM
On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 07:44:55 -0400, Gandalf252002
<grandor2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Good Morning,
>
>Is it just me or does this tool not work with 2007, is it is not
>listed on the file menu as the online article suggests.
>
>Tom

See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886589
Seems to be working fine now.  The first time I closed Outlook it
asked about backing up.  Next time I went in the Backup option was on
the file menu when it was not there before.

Tom

On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:58:10 +0100, G�rard Oomens
<gj.news@inter.nl.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 07:44:55 -0400, Gandalf252002
><grandor2002@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Good Morning,
>>
>>Is it just me or does this tool not work with 2007, is it is not
>>listed on the file menu as the online article suggests.
>>
>>Tom
>
>See: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886589
0
Gandalf252002
3/24/2010 1:56:57 AM
On 24 mar, 02:56, Gandalf252002 <grandor2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Seems to be working fine now. =A0The first time I closed Outlook it
> asked about backing up. =A0Next time I went in the Backup option was on
> the file menu when it was not there before.
>
> Tom
>
> On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 15:58:10 +0100, G=E9rard Oomens
>

> <gj.n...@inter.nl.net> wrote:
> >On Sat, 20 Mar 2010 07:44:55 -0400, Gandalf252002
> ><grandor2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >>Good Morning,
>
> >>Is it just me or does this tool not work with 2007, is it is not
> >>listed on the file menu as the online article suggests.
>
> >>Tom
>
> >See:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886589- Masquer le texte des message=
s pr=E9c=E9dents -

> - Afficher le texte des messages pr=E9c=E9dents -

Hello

I recommend you to use a real "backup" tools like BackupMyFolder! that
will be able to backup PST files while Outlook is running, and as the
backup is an incremental backup, the backup time is very short.

Regards
Gilles
0
g1mail
3/24/2010 7:34:58 AM
"g1mail" <gilles.g1mail@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I recommend you to use a real "backup" tools like BackupMyFolder! that
> will be able to backup PST files while Outlook is running, and as the
> backup is an incremental backup, the backup time is very short.

It's just not possible to get a reliable backup of a PST while Outlook is
running.  Outlook holds some data in memory until it closes.  That data will
be missing and the PST you do manage to back up may be internally
inconsistant.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
3/24/2010 1:51:27 PM
On 24 mar, 14:51, "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]"
<tillman1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "g1mail" <gilles.g1m...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I recommend you to use a real "backup" tools like BackupMyFolder! that
> > will be able to backup PST files while Outlook is running, and as the
> > backup is an incremental backup, the backup time is very short.
>
> It's just not possible to get a reliable backup of a PST while Outlook is
> running. =A0Outlook holds some data in memory until it closes. =A0That da=
ta will
> be missing and the PST you do manage to back up may be internally
> inconsistant.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Hello Brian

Outlook is based on MAPI, and I don't know any data that are flushed
until it closes !
Can you give me some example ?

Regards
Gilles
0
g1mail
3/25/2010 12:18:28 PM
The Backup command does not seem to appear in the file menu after I
downloaded and installed the Personal Folders Backup Tool on Outlook 2007 in
a Win 7 environment. It worked fine on Outlook 2002 in Win XP environment.
Can anyone help please? Thanks.

"tipep" <tipep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> The Backup command does not seem to appear in the file menu after I
> downloaded and installed the Personal Folders Backup Tool on Outlook 2007 in
> a Win 7 environment. It worked fine on Outlook 2002 in Win XP environment.
> Can anyone help please? Thanks.

In Outlook's Trust Center, examine the COM Add-Ins to see if the Outlook
Backup Add-In appears.  If not, with Outlook closed, try registering the
add-in.  At a command prompt, enter

regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Addins\outbak.dll"

"Program Files" may instead be "Program Files(x86)", if you're using 64 bit
Windows 7.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Support Debugging Tool #2
Is the Support Debugging tool available for GP9. I have a customer having a random issue with GP and a third party product. I had read somewhere that you can set this tool up to capture when something is not happening - a way to capture these random things. how easy is this tool? We do have a development team - so if i need that level of skill i have that available to me. Andrea, Support Debugging Tool is available for versions 8, 9, and 10. The issue you are describing is the perfect scenario where you would use SDT. SDT is relatively simple to use and even if you have the need for ...

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Spanish proofing tools
The Spanish section at my institution is looking to enhance the Spanish proofing tools for Office X (for Mac OS X). The localized English version that we have can check spelling but cannot check grammar and does not have a dictionary or thesaurus for Spanish. For those of you with OS X, what solutions have you found for providing these tools? Is purchasing the localized Spanish version of Office the only route? I'm wondering if there are less expensive options or other solutions you have discovered. Thanks micon <mconner@gac.edu> wrote: > The Spanish section at my instituti...

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

outlook 2007 e-mail

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?