Microsoft Outlook infinite loop errors while configuring exchange account upon first launch.

When you launch outlook for the first time, you get the option to go
through the email wizard or cancel.  I choose to cancel the wizard and
instead add an exchange account (via control panel/mail/accounts) to
the mail settings.  After adding the exchange account, I then lauched
outlook again to populate the cache with exchange emails and folders,
etc., but instead was greeted with an error message after 30 minutes
of what seemed to be a locked computer: "outlook must first connect to
exchange server before configuring additional email accounts", and
then closes down.
I then proceeded to the control panel/mail/accounts to simply remove
the exchange account which I recently added.  When I click remove I
get the error "Exchange cannot be accessed without first accessing
initial data file".
So let me get this straight: I can add an exchange account but not
remove it because it can't create the file it should have created on
initial launch, but couldn't because the file wasn't there already?
Who designed this crap?
....Or better yet, how does one wipe clean the install and reinstall
from scratch?  I've attempted to repair and reinstall but that
exchange account still exists.  Also, If I attempt to add an
additional account to the list, it says the same "Exchange cannot be
accessed without first accessing initial data file".  Please let me
know if this has been addressed (I can't imagine it hasn't been).
Thanks again,

-Darin
0
darin (2)

Microsoft POS #2

XCH Error 3092, OAB replication

Outlook blocking attachments
I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: > I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with > a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is > that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? > > Thanks, > Dan try here: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm ...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Exchange update problem

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2