Microsoft Office has encountered a problem and needs to close. --H

I'm having issues with Outlook 2007. I get the following error message;
Microsoft Office has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry
for the inconvenience.
Click on the link to see screen shot error;
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n311/jokicmla/Outlook%20Error/outlookerror1con.jpg

Then I get the following error dialog box, when I click "Send it to
Microsoft".
Click on the link to see screen shot error;
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n311/jokicmla/Outlook%20Error/outlookerror1.jpg

This is the report that I received from Microsoft after sending “error
reporting” to Microsoft.
Click on the link to see screen shot error;
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n311/jokicmla/Outlook%20Error/outlookerrorreso.jpg

Possible Resolution:
I tried resolving this error by 1) Disable or removing personal firewall if
the problem occurred due to installing the securing updates (this firewall is
disabled). 2) Reinstall Outlook if it has occurred because of system
conflicts. (swapped with new machine) 3) Repair the corrupted Outlook PST
files.
3) I didn’t try this solution yet although he only has one.pst and shouldn’t
be affected by the error since he is a new user.

What I don’t get from Microsoft is that they are saying that this error is
due to antivirus program????
I use Symantec Corporate Antivirus. If other users are using same outlook
version and same type of antivirus, it’s impossible for this user to have
issues and not others.  Microsoft has erroneous report sent to me. It doesn’t
help and makes absolutely no sense.

Information on User’s Computer:
Symantec Full Version 10.1.6.6000 (definitions up to date)
Outlook 2007 (up to date with Microsoft)

Thank You in advance, anyone’s thoughts and comments are helpful use.

0
MladenJ (8)

Did you install the 2007 Microsoft Office suites Service Pack 1?
If not, then install the 2007 Microsoft Office suites Service Pack 1 to
resolve the error message.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942384
> I'm having issues with Outlook 2007. I get the following error message;
> Microsoft Office has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
> sorry
> for the inconvenience.

That's not the error. It's an informational dialog.

> Then I get the following error dialog box, when I click "Send it to
> Microsoft".

Not an error.

> This is the report that I received from Microsoft after sending “error
> reporting” to Microsoft.

This says your AV software is causing it.

> I tried resolving this error by 1) Disable or removing personal firewall
> if
> the problem occurred due to installing the securing updates (this firewall
> is
> disabled). 2) Reinstall Outlook if it has occurred because of system
> conflicts. (swapped with new machine) 3) Repair the corrupted Outlook PST
> files.
> 3) I didn’t try this solution yet although he only has one.pst and shouldn’t
> be affected by the error since he is a new user.

1. Firewall is probably not the problem.
2. Reinstalling rarely fixes anything that Detect and Repair (now called
Office diagnostics) doesn't.
3. Was the pst corrupted? I doubt it is causing the error but it generally
doesn't do any harm and the cause of the crash could corrupt the pst too.

> What I don’t get from Microsoft is that they are saying that this error is
> due to antivirus program????

Because they used the data received from all the error reports users send
and they have identified that as the cause. They don't just make stuff up -
they really do use the reports to figure out why its crashing. Unlike some
software companies, they don't blame other companies unless its really their
fault - and they will help the other companies to fix the problem. (Always
send the error reports - almost all updates they release are to fix problems
sent up in these reports.)

> I use Symantec Corporate Antivirus. If other users are using same outlook
> version and same type of antivirus, it’s impossible for this user to have
> issues and not others.  Microsoft has erroneous report sent to me. It
> doesn’t
> help and makes absolutely no sense.

The report is not erroneous. Did you check for updates with Symantec? Do you
have any other security software installed on the computer? What add-ins do
you have installed?

Is Outlook, Windows, and Symantec fully up-to-date?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Mladen J." <MladenJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having issues with Outlook 2007. I get the following error message;
> Microsoft Office has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
> sorry
> for the inconvenience.
> Click on the link to see screen shot error;
> http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n311/jokicmla/Outlook%20Error/outlookerror1con.jpg
>
> Then I get the following error dialog box, when I click "Send it to
> Microsoft".
> Click on the link to see screen shot error;
> http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n311/jokicmla/Outlook%20Error/outlookerror1.jpg
>
> This is the report that I received from Microsoft after sending “error
> reporting” to Microsoft.
> Click on the link to see screen shot error;
> http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n311/jokicmla/Outlook%20Error/outlookerrorreso.jpg
>
> Possible Resolution:
> I tried resolving this error by 1) Disable or removing personal firewall
> if
> the problem occurred due to installing the securing updates (this firewall
> is
> disabled). 2) Reinstall Outlook if it has occurred because of system
> conflicts. (swapped with new machine) 3) Repair the corrupted Outlook PST
> files.
> 3) I didn’t try this solution yet although he only has one.pst and shouldn’t
> be affected by the error since he is a new user.
>
> What I don’t get from Microsoft is that they are saying that this error is
> due to antivirus program????
> I use Symantec Corporate Antivirus. If other users are using same outlook
> version and same type of antivirus, it’s impossible for this user to have
> issues and not others.  Microsoft has erroneous report sent to me. It
> doesn’t
> help and makes absolutely no sense.
>
> Information on User’s Computer:
> Symantec Full Version 10.1.6.6000 (definitions up to date)
> Outlook 2007 (up to date with Microsoft)
>
> Thank You in advance, anyone’s thoughts and comments are helpful use.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
9/26/2008 3:20:26 PM
Symantec/Norton AntiVirus is the single biggest troublemaker for email
programs on the face of this planet.  You DO NOT want it scanning your email
unless you really enjoy problems like this.  If you keep email scanning
installed, I GUARANTEE you that you WILL continue to have serious problems.
Uninstall Symantec, use their debris removal tool to cleanup all the crap
the uninstaller leaves behind, then do a custom re-install and DO NOT
INSTALL any email scanning features/services/modules.  Email scanning is
entirely redundant, it does nothing but create problems where none exist,
and your system is still FULLY protected without it, provided you keep
Symantec's resident file system scanner up to date.  If you don't believe me
about not needing email scanning,,here are those very words directly from
Symantec's mouth:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/d4578f66d8f00a0188256d4e006aaa94/4ba5fc8ef939c44c88256c7500723cf0?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam
Frequently asked questions about Norton AntiVirus Email Scanning

Q - Is my computer still protected against viruses if I disable Email
Scanning?
A- Disabling Email Scanning does not leave you unprotected against viruses
that are distributed as email attachments. Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect
scans incoming files as they are saved to your hard drive, including email
and email attachments. Email Scanning is just another layer on top of this.
To make sure that Auto-Protect is providing the maximum protection, keep
Auto-Protect enabled and run LiveUpdate regularly to ensure that you have
the most recent virus definitions.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039
Download and run the Norton Removal Tool

If you move to Windows Vista, you'll have to eliminate the email scanner
anyway because NO AntiVirus email scanner is compatible with Vista:

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/951805
Stop error message when you send or receive e-mail messages on a Windows
Vista-based computer that has e-mail scanning software installed: "STOP:
0x1000008E KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M"

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4

"Mladen J." <MladenJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having issues with Outlook 2007. I get the following error message;
> Microsoft Office has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
> sorry
> for the inconvenience.
> Click on the link to see screen shot error;
> http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n311/jokicmla/Outlook%20Error/outlookerror1con.jpg
>
> Then I get the following error dialog box, when I click "Send it to
> Microsoft".
> Click on the link to see screen shot error;
> http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n311/jokicmla/Outlook%20Error/outlookerror1.jpg
>
> This is the report that I received from Microsoft after sending “error
> reporting” to Microsoft.
> Click on the link to see screen shot error;
> http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n311/jokicmla/Outlook%20Error/outlookerrorreso.jpg
>
> Possible Resolution:
> I tried resolving this error by 1) Disable or removing personal firewall
> if
> the problem occurred due to installing the securing updates (this firewall
> is
> disabled). 2) Reinstall Outlook if it has occurred because of system
> conflicts. (swapped with new machine) 3) Repair the corrupted Outlook PST
> files.
> 3) I didn’t try this solution yet although he only has one.pst and shouldn’t
> be affected by the error since he is a new user.
>
> What I don’t get from Microsoft is that they are saying that this error is
> due to antivirus program????
> I use Symantec Corporate Antivirus. If other users are using same outlook
> version and same type of antivirus, it’s impossible for this user to have
> issues and not others.  Microsoft has erroneous report sent to me. It
> doesn’t
> help and makes absolutely no sense.
>
> Information on User’s Computer:
> Symantec Full Version 10.1.6.6000 (definitions up to date)
> Outlook 2007 (up to date with Microsoft)
>
> Thank You in advance, anyone’s thoughts and comments are helpful use.

0
hhh6225 (363)
9/26/2008 7:46:23 PM
Hey Nick,

Thanks for replying. Yes everything is up to date. It has the latest updates
on Office suite 2007 including Outlook 2007.

I still don't know whats causing this issue. IT makes no sense that only one
user can have this issue, while the others are on the same machine and have
same specs.features.

"Nick Ghordn." wrote:

> Did you install the 2007 Microsoft Office suites Service Pack 1?
> If not, then install the 2007 Microsoft Office suites Service Pack 1 to
> resolve the error message.
>

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942384
0
MJ (61)
10/8/2008 5:52:00 PM
Hello Diane,

Thank you for replying to my post. I appreciate you acknowledging that the
issue revolves around Symantec Antivirus, but how can you explain the
following;
- 10 users on same model computers
- 10 users running same antivirus (Symantec Corporate) - same version, and
all up to date on definitions.
- 10 users running same Office 2007 - up to date with latest updates
- 10 users have exactly the same programs running on their machines

*only one user happens to have outlook crash, while other (9) works
flawlessly on their machines.

The user does not have any other security software installed only Symantec
antivirus. This outlook has Personal Folders backup add in and CRM for
Outlook add in.
It just doesn't make sense unless his profile is corrupted that’s causing
the crash? Could that be the case?

I swapped a new machine and he still gets the same problem. Also Microsoft
suggested that I run this Outlook update patch which happened to be installed
already on his machine??
Let me know what you think Diane, I appreciate your help.

BTW,

I’m not defending Symantec nor am I blaming Microsoft. Symantec has caused
issues in the past and they do know how to screw up a lot of things. In this
case I just can’t see Symantec causing outlook to crash when other users have
exact same machines and same versions of Symantec and outlook. I could be
wrong, not saying that I’m right but I just want to know what is behind this
issue that’s causing it.

Thanks,

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> > conflicts. (swapped with new machine) 3) Repair the corrupted Outlook PST
> > files.
> > 3) I didn’t try this solution yet although he only has one.pst and shouldn’t
> > be affected by the error since he is a new user.
> >
> > What I don’t get from Microsoft is that they are saying that this error is
> > due to antivirus program????
> > I use Symantec Corporate Antivirus. If other users are using same outlook
> > version and same type of antivirus, it’s impossible for this user to have
> > issues and not others.  Microsoft has erroneous report sent to me. It
> > doesn’t
> > help and makes absolutely no sense.
> >
> > Information on User’s Computer:
> > Symantec Full Version 10.1.6.6000 (definitions up to date)
> > Outlook 2007 (up to date with Microsoft)
> >
> > Thank You in advance, anyone’s thoughts and comments are helpful use.

10/8/2008 6:33:02 PM
Also I forgot to note something that could help identify whats causing
outlook to crash. Outlook Crash happens when this user is trying to open up
an e-mail (i.e inbox e-mail or sent e-mail) and not during send\recieve
cycles.

"MJ" wrote:

> [...]
> > > conflicts. (swapped with new machine) 3) Repair the corrupted Outlook PST
> > > files.
> > > 3) I didn’t try this solution yet although he only has one.pst and shouldn’t
> > > be affected by the error since he is a new user.
> > >
> > > What I don’t get from Microsoft is that they are saying that this error is
> > > due to antivirus program????
> > > I use Symantec Corporate Antivirus. If other users are using same outlook
> > > version and same type of antivirus, it’s impossible for this user to have
> > > issues and not others.  Microsoft has erroneous report sent to me. It
> > > doesn’t
> > > help and makes absolutely no sense.
> > >
> > > Information on User’s Computer:
> > > Symantec Full Version 10.1.6.6000 (definitions up to date)
> > > Outlook 2007 (up to date with Microsoft)
> > >
> > > Thank You in advance, anyone’s thoughts and comments are helpful use.

No clipart on microsoft site
When I tried accessing the clipart on Microsoft's site, no results ever come up. Why is this? The photos come out, but it doesn't show any clipart. Thanks Jo Jo Dude You are supposed to click on that little box below those pictures and then click on download. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jo Dude" <not@here.com> wrote in message news:%23X4JimUbGHA.1008@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When I tried accessing the clipart on Microsoft's site, no results ever > come up. Why is this? The photos come out, but it doesn't show any > ...

automatically close second workbook 12-16-09
i have put the following code in to workbook 'A' to close workbook 'B' but it does not close book 'B' there is no error message Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) On Error Resume Next Workbooks("B.XLS").Close SaveChanges:=False ActiveWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=True End Sub Several of us have tested your code..........both workbook_open which opens B.xls when A.xls opens and the workbook_beforeclose code. Works fine for me. All I can think of is that you are opening B.xls in a separate instance of Excel. If t...

Error message needed if incorrect Date Of Birth (DOB) entered
Hi, In cell D6 I have a DOB entered....in cell E6 I have a datedif function that has 3 conditional formatting set as: 1 - If D6 is blank, E6 is blank. 2 - If DOB in D6 is between 18 - 24 then E6 shows age and cell is yellow. 3 - If DOB in D6 is 25 or over then E6 shows age and cell is blue. What I need is when a DOB is entered in D6 under 16 years old, then D6 returns an error message -" You have Entered an Age under 16 Years - Retry!! ". I have tried Data Validation, but cant get a message from tha as I dont know what to set as the date validation. I do need a...

WaitForSingleObject Problem
Hi all, I use WaitForSingleObject(hProcess, INFINITE) to wait for execution of the MS ActiveX Control Pad Setup (started out of my application). <code> CreateProcess(NULL, "setuppad.exe", NULL, NULL, FALSE, DETACHED_PROCESS, NULL, NULL, &startupInfo, &processInfo) WaitForSingleObject(processInfo.hProcess, INFINITE) DoSomethingElse </code> At the beginning of installation everything is fine, but after a little bit of time, the CPU usage is 50% and nothing is going on (it's after searching for installed components). When I don't use WaitForSingleOb...

Problem Syncronizing.
HI, I have problems with a syncronized store that I had to syncronize again from the beginning. Give me alot of TIme out when I use the 401 Worksheet. Since some of the data is in the HQ Database I would like to know if there any operation I can do so then tell to the HQ client that I just want to upload some information?. Thanks in advance for your help. Rgds Rodrigo Go to Manager, Help, About. If your version is 1.2.0151 you have a version that won't work with Global Customer turned on. Contact MBS and ask for a Hot Fix to address this issue. Install the Hot Fix on all PC...

Office Reinstall
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I purchased the full version of Office 2008 with my Mac last summer. Everything was working fine until 3 weeks ago when Word disappeared completely. It cannot even be found on the HD. All other applications with Office are still there and functioning fine. I downloaded the trial version of Office 2008 hoping I could do a reinstall (I cannot find the install discs - after moving 3 times this year!). My product key will not work with the trial. Is there anything I can do to get this going again? Thanks in advance. On 10/6/09 5:24 PM, ...

Crazy Sorting Problem.....
Ok so I have colums A though D that need to line up with E through P. I have a common symbol in D and F. I need to get rid of everything in colum A through D that does not line up with the E through P useing the common symbol as a referance. I am right now deleting extra info by hand. Please help. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Neal wrote: > Ok so I have colums A though D that need to line up with E through P. > I have a common symbol in D and F. I need to get rid of everything in > colum A through D that does not line up with the E through P ...

INSERT INTO problems
Hi all, I hope this doesn't appear twice, I did it a while ago and it never came up! So here goes again! I am trying to use INSERT INTO to insert one record in to a table (tna feedback) in two fields (USER ID: and DESK/LAPTOP). The values are generated by two different forms; stUser comes from this form and stMachine comes from another form which has been hidden once the user has chosen the value. This part works fine. However, every time I run it I get an "Incomplete Query clause" error message but can't fidure out what I've done wrong! Here is the code: Dim SQL ...

Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard problem!
I have created an Access 2000 application that I now wish to distribute to users as an MDE file. The Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard does a fine job of storing the relevant installation files on a CD, exploiting A2K Runtime. However, I would prefer to let users download my application from a website. The Package and Deployment Wizard offers a 'Web Publishing' deployment option that appears to address this need. My only problem is that it doesn't work for me. I get the following error message, Unexpected error number 48 has occurred: File not found: WebPost.dll I...

Microsoft Money Deluxe 2004 #2
How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home Edition. In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home >Edition. Early in the install process, Money has a place to click to change where the installation is to take place. If you install in a drive other than the system drive, there could be an issue. I was thinking there might be, but I don't find a reference. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/79917/en-us implies that should work. There is no problem. I have always installed Money (from M...

Count problems[Excel 97]
Hi there, I did a search on the forum to find an answer to my question but didn' find anything. Here is my prob : Lets say I got this page-> ___a___b_____c__d__ 1 Name Type Job bla 2 Name Type Job bla 3 Name Type Job bla 4 Name Type Job bla 5 Name Type Job bob I want a Cell to write how many row I got( 5 in this exemple) and onl count the cells with bla in the D column(4 in this exemple). Sorry if I'm not really clear but if you can help me feel free t answer :) thx, Tulkas -- Tulka -----------------------------------------------------------...

Upgrading Microsoft Office when switching to OSX
I recently upgraded my Mac from 9.x to OSX. I was running Office 2001 in 9.x. Do I have to buy new software to have the version of Office that is compatible with OSX or can I download an upgrade? You can run Office 2001 inside Classic in OS X, or you can purchase Office X or Office 2004 as OS X-native programs. Office 2004 is the latest version. Owning Office 2001 qualifies you for the discount on an upgrade copy, but not for a free new version. On 3/8/05 8:02 PM, "anonymous" wrote: > I recently upgraded my Mac from 9.x to OSX. I was running Office 2001 > in 9.x. Do I ...

Is your microsoft office outlook download update looping?
-- PackersFAN In article <3F7B4D82-187F-4022-BF52-C085A98CF410@microsoft.com>, lambeau@discussions.microsoft.com says... > If you're talking about the outlook (hotmail) connector - yep - that's what it does for several of us it seems. Use this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e- 41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en Or if you cannot unwrap, get the link is connected to from this page: http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx -- Duncan. Yes, I am experiencing same thing. "...

Money 2005 Closes Abruptly
I am using Money 2005 Premium and all of a sudden everytime I perform an update now, the program closes immediately for no known reason. Any changes I made are still there when I open the program again, but I cannot execute an update now on various accounts. Any ideas or help? Thanks I figured a work around. Selecting one or two updates at a time works, but doing all accounts and investment stuff at the same time causes the program to immediately shut down. "Dig" wrote: > I am using Money 2005 Premium and all of a sudden everytime I perform an > update now, the pro...

Post Closed Batches to Quickbooks
Hi, We have just recently installed RMS and have completed the Assign GL Accounts. We want to test batch posting, so we created a copy of our QB file to play with (in case it blows up!) We are running the Canadian edition of Quickbooks Premier 2005: Retail and Repair Edition. So, what do we do now? I've gone to Journal/Post Closed Batch, clicked the batches, but don't know what to do with 'File Name:' What about after that? And once everything is working great, how do we re-post the batches to our 'real' copy of QB? Thanks for any help anyone can provide! Save...

Publisher 2003 Viewer is needed
Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for the other programs in Office? Can they? Yes Will they? Unlikely Mike Larry M. in Illinois wrote: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for > the other programs in Office? Larry M. in Illinois <Larry M. in Illinois@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they > have for the other programs in Office? Could they? Yes Is it profitable for them to do so? Probably not. W...

Can not install Office Ultimate 2007 because of a setup error mess
Hello group, I have a desktop with no Office Suite which I built with Windows XP Pro SP2 (Version 2002), from a WGA Kit. I ordered the back-up discs (2 pcs) Office Ultimate 2007 from digital river.com store and tried installing in this machine but I get this message: "Setup error: The language of this installation package is not supported by your system." I tried it on the 2nd DVD drive of the same machine but same result. I tried installing the Office software in a Sony Vaio laptop and it seems it will install properly and I discontinued the setup. Any information/ass...

Trying to install Microsoft CRM with OutLook on Windows 2000
When trying install MS CRM 1.2 disk 2 (Sales for Outlook), I am prevented from completing the install as I get the message "installation failed" "you must install SQL Desktop Server Engine separately". When trying to install it separately the setup seems to start running then stops after extracting files and doesn't complete. There are no error messages and nothing in the Event Viewer ? If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful for your help. Hi Installation take bit time,you have to wait.it updates with sp-3 etc.. Regards, Bhaskar.T "dhawgood" ...

Problems with german characters (umlaute)
Hello colleagues, it happes every months that a mail reaches us with I don't know how coded german characters. Our german customers are calling us, asking what we're missing on our system. I've checked one of these mails and the only thing I found out that the codepage, which was specified in the header, was the same than in the other mails I've in my mailbox and which I can read perfectly. The strange thing in current case is, that the email is displayed correctly when the mail is opened in Outlook Web Access. I need some help how to get hand on these problems. Many...

Microsoft Office Connector to MSN
I am so very confused. I purchased Windows XP Home Edition and Microsoft Works 7.0 and I still do not have Microsoft Outlook. Therefore, I cannot install the Microsoft Office Connector to MSN. I have Outlook Express and it's working fine. Do I "NOW" need to go buy Microsoft Outlook? Doesn't it come with XP or Works? Microsoft won't tell me anything without me giving them more money. Donna <holyjuicer219@msn.com> wrote: > I am so very confused. I purchased Windows XP Home > Edition and Microsoft Works 7.0 and I still do not have > Microsoft Outlook....

SDK for Microsoft POS 2.0
Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? I have noticed several companies making add-ons for modules for MS POS, are they standalone products that integrate with the POS database or are they actually integrated into the MS POS itself? Thanks for your comments. On Nov 22, 4:46=A0am, NetKnight <NetKni...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? > Thanks for your comments. they are standalone products integrated with the database, and also add-on integrated with SO POS/SO Manager via COM antonio ...

countif problem.
I wrote a formula in a cell that contains the following: =countif(f5:f268,"> char(32)") / countif(e5:e268,"> char(32)") I have verified that any unused cells have blanks spaces in them. Both columns have data in the same rows so the counted value for each column should be the same but it isnt. All cells contain only numbers or letters and the cells format is general. Any suggestions?? Not sure I get it, but try =countif(f5:f268,">"&char(32)) / countif(e5:e268,">"&char(32)) "psion" <oregonsparkie@hotmail.com> w...

Need Hyperlink from Menu Page to work in email
I have a workbook with several tabs. First tab is a "menu" type page (summary of other pages). Currently I have hyperlinks to all the other pages from the menu page. What I want to be able to do is copy the menu page into an email and enable the users to click on the existing hyperlinks (whatever adjustments needed) to go directly to their page of the workbook. Using Excel 2007. Please advise how to do this and what changes may be need for both options to work. ...

Carriage Return/Line Feed Problem
Hi guys, I wrote some code that gets the HTML from a Web page and stores it in a buffer, then I display the buffer in a big multiline CEdit box. The problem is that on many pages I don't get new lines, I just get a thick solid verticle line kinda like this: || where it should return. Also, if I view the pages (view source) in Notepad they look fine. Most pages do that, but interestingly Microsoft pages do the proper new line and look great in my edit box. Maybe I have to replace all the \r with \r\n or something like that ? Does a \r\n still only take up 1 char ? I download the page in...