Microsoft Office Connector to MSN

I am so very confused. I purchased Windows XP Home
Edition and Microsoft Works 7.0 and I still do not have
Microsoft Outlook. Therefore, I cannot install the
Microsoft Office Connector to MSN. I have Outlook Express
and it's working fine. Do I "NOW" need to go buy
Microsoft Outlook? Doesn't it come with XP or Works?
Microsoft won't tell me anything without me giving them
more money.

Donna <holyjuicer219@msn.com> wrote:

> I am so very confused. I purchased Windows XP Home
> Edition and Microsoft Works 7.0 and I still do not have
> Microsoft Outlook.

Because you didn't buy Outlook.

> Doesn't it come with XP or Works?

No, it doesn't.  Outlook is park of the Microsoft Office suite.

> Microsoft won't tell me anything without me giving them
> more money.

Nonsense.  http://office.microsoft.com/ tells you all about Office and
Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)

Install Outlook 2002 Security Patch Without Office XP Installed?
We have a situation where a system has Office 2000 installed, but Outlook 2002 has been installed in place of Outlook 2000. There are some security patches for Outlook 2002 from 2006 that need to be installed, but according to the KB articles the security patches require that Office XP be installed. Downloading the patches and installing says that they are installed but inspection of the DLLs that should have been updated shows that they were not updated. Any suggestions on how the security patches can be applied without Office XP being installed? Upgrading to Office XP/2003 or lat...

Office Project Gallery and Help system crash...
I've read all the posts on crashes in Office apps when attempting to access the "Project Gallery" either automatically during startup or while an application is in-use. I'm running OS X 10.2.6 on a G4/500 Powerbook. The machine runs beautifully except that Office apps crash either when attempting to access the Project Gallery or when attempting to access the Help system in Office apps. I have removed every font except the fonts in the Fonts folder in the "System" (OS X) folder. I've even try disabling a subset of the fonts in the "System" (OS X) fo...

OFFICE 2000 and WINDOWS 7 ... NOT!
My new laptop has 7 and my old version of Office 2000 does not work. Seems like its ok with Word & Excel, but Outlook's phone book can't find a WAB.DLL file. Without a phone book the program is useless. Are there any fixes out there? Patricia Office 2000 is not supported on Windows 7 See the following which applies to Outlook on Win 7 also http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm and http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista_wab.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowled...

Out of Office Assistant does when Outlook closes
I have a SBS 2003 server running Exchange 2003, with SP1, and the Out of Office Assistant works great until the Outlook client is closed then it does not function, until you open Outlook, turn off OOA, then turn it on again. When Outlook is open, it does send email outside the network. Has anyone seen this before? It is the same for any user. Thanks. -- ______________ DanPM "=?Utf-8?B?RGFuUE0=?=" <DanPM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:3D24431D-8717-425C-93BD-D13C7D089892@microsoft.com: > I have a SBS 2003 server running Exchange 2003, with SP1, and the...

can I get my addresses from Hotmail into MSN Outlook w/o retyping
I just found out that I have to use Outlook in my envelope on the toolbar -- can I change this to hotmail and how do I do it -- and can I import my address book from hotmail somehow?? try using Live mail, & then export, & import in Outlook -- Yours, Lv "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:544A7F2A-7AD5-453A-B101-1B63FCEC85DA@microsoft.com... > I just found out that I have to use Outlook in my envelope on the > toolbar -- > can I change this to hotmail and how do I do it -- and can I import my > address book from hotmail someho...

Out-of-office assistant in Outlook2000 not working
Hi there, Any solution for this ? Out-of-office assistant in Outlook2000 not working, it can't send-out out-of-office email to sender automatically. Thanks in advance Regards/ibfan Is your Outlook configured for Internet Mail Only (IMO) or Corporate and Workgroup (CW). Help, about will tell you. The assistant only works if CW support is enabled, and only gives full function if using MS Exchange. "ibfan" <ibfan@oue.com.sg> wrote in message news:084b01c39487$07f5a220$a401280a@phx.gbl... Hi there, Any solution for this ? Out-of-office assistant in Outlook2000 not worki...

Microsoft Outlook 2002 #9
Hello, In Oulook 2000, in the e-mail options, it was possible to check a box to get the people you replied to automatically added in your contact list (i.e. address book). I cannot find this option in Microsoft Outlook 2002. Has it been removed??? It seems silly that it would have been removed - it was useful... Please help! Thank you. Melanie Melanie Clement <Melanie Clement@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Oulook 2000, in the e-mail options, it was possible to check a box > to get the people you replied to automatically added in your contact > list (i.e. address...

Emptying the Office Clipboard
Anyone know how to empty or clear the contents of the Office Clipboard? I am using a bunch of .CopyPicture/.PasteFace calls to build toolbar buttons and would like to clean up after myself when I am done. Can't seem to find a method to do this and attempts to just clear the Windows Clipboard don't seem to do it. Any info would be appreciated. thanks, Roy Roy, In my experience, the pasteface method is very buggy in versions of Excel prior to 2002 (XP). I have even gone so far as to force text only toolbars in early versions in annoyance at the problem. In theory you can clear...

Exchange smtp Connectors and Dns against SmartHost forwarding.
I have tried creating several (3) different Smtp Mail Connectors to have better control on mail routes. My setup is a small company with an Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. The first mail connector is only for High Priority mail and will send immediately even on very large mails. The second is for normal and high priority mail with the same smtp adress space (*) but with higher cost (2 instead of 1) This connector will delay bigger mail (Bigger than 3 MBytes) for non operating hours. The last one is only for low importance mail, will delay mail larger than 500Kbytes ad whould use a ...

microsoft office 2007 portable usb edition
Is there a legitimate office 2007 version that can run off a USB device that I can purchase. I do development in Excel 2002 - but I now need to support Excel 2007. My company is thinking of getting a second computer with Office 2007 on it - but I was wondering if I could use the same machine with a USB version of Office. Doing a quick Goggle search showed a lot of pirated versions available (which I don't want) so I was curious if there was a official licensed version I could get but I cannot seem to find any information on it which leads me to believe it doesn't exist....

Outlook 2003 and Microsoft Mail
I know that Outlook 2003 does not work with Microsoft Mail. Just wondering if anyone knows of a workaround or third party program that would allow Outlook 2003 to work with Mail? I have a customer with one user in their office using Outlook 2003 and all the others still using Outlook 2000. They are also using Microsoft Mail for inte-office e-mail and would like, if possible, for the upgraded user to still use Microsoft Mail as well. Thanks. Sam http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/msmail.htm should help. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the dis...

office for mac 2008 #3
three PK's for office...why 3 pks? one for each installation? lizluv28 wrote: > three PK's for office...why 3 pks? one for each installation? Home & Student version includes three product keys for three simultaneous installations. Home & Student is more limited than the Standard or Special Media Edition. It doesn't include Exchange support or automator actions. Hope this helps! -- bill Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <http://nine.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/youtalk&...

smtp connector/ headers question
2 Ex2003 servers. fe/be. Need outgoing mail headers to only have fe name/address in the header. To force outbound through the fe, created an smtp connector with the fe as the bridgehead. Now, all outbound mail is indeed going out through the fe server, but in the message header, the be server name and internal ip still is there. Need it gone. What am I missing? Thanks On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:06:46 -0800, ksb <ksb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >2 Ex2003 servers. fe/be. Need outgoing mail headers to only have fe >name/address in the header. To force outbound through...

Can't Sync MS Money with MSN Money
I'm using MS Money 2005 Premium and it won't let me Sync with MSN Money. In the "Read Call Summary Messges" It keeps telling me "Updates are temporarily unavailable". Any Ideas?? ...

Test failed when setting up Juno webmail in Microsoft Outlook.
Following directions to use Microsoft Outlook to view my Juno webmail. Test settings failed. No instructions on what to do next. Anybody have this problem? Juno mail is not supported in Outlook AFAIR - check with Juno. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Linda Gannon asked: | Following directions to use Microsoft Outlook to view my Juno | webmail. Test settings failed. No instructions on what to do next.=2...

8000 byte row limit blown while adding fields to Microsoft CRM Account object.
Hi all My customer has requested a great deal of customisation on their CRM implementation, particularly the Account object. As such, around 40 new fields have been added to the account object via the Deployment Manager. Unfortunately, we are at the point now where additional fields cannot be added, due to us reaching the 8000 byte row limit of SQL Server! The message in the event log is as follows: 'dmLog: New size of the attribute ({B806C9CD-554F-4BA6-80C2-0906640276BE}) exceeds the SQL Server row limit of 8000 bytes.' This really leaves us in a bit of a pickle, because: a) We n...

Office Accounting
Has anyone here looked at Microsoft Office Accounting Express? I've considered using past versions, but I've always stopped when it failed to import my Money file. Microsoft support says there's a known bug with certain types of Money files. Perhaps Office Accounting is where Microsoft intends to move existing Money users. -- Steve Bell New Life Home Improvement Arlington, TX USA ...

Ultrasoft MoneyLink for Microsoft Money 2007
It's now available at: http://www.ultrasoft.com/MoneyLink/download.shtml -- Michael Gordon MVP Thanks for the link. I may not get it up and running for a while, but they've always shipped code that works in the past. This is one more gate to M07 passed. "Michael Gordon, MVP" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message news:ebKdXUCsGHA.1288@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > It's now available at: http://www.ultrasoft.com/MoneyLink/download.shtml It's working for me, Dick. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-...

Uninstall Office 2008 and reinstall Office 2004
I recently installed Office 2008 and I'm extremely displeased by the slow operating speed of the applications. Is there a way to reinstall Office 2004 without losing my email and user data? Thank you! On 2/20/08 5:05 PM, in article ee8e366.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "sladner@officeformac.com" <sladner@officeformac.com> wrote: > I recently installed Office 2008 and I'm extremely displeased by the slow > operating speed of the applications. > > Is there a way to reinstall Office 2004 without losing my email and user data? > Your mail is in your Micro...

Can I change appearance of Microsoft Outlook?
I am using Microsoft Office 2007 and is there a way to change the appearance of Outlook when you open it, i.e. change color of borders, change theme, download themes etc.? It seems the only color available is light blue. Also when I open an e-mail with pictures there is always red "X's" where photos should be. Is there a setting where I can allow images to appear within e-mail messages? which OS? black is also an option. From word, click on the office orb (formerly the File menu) and select word options. change the color scheme for office apps from the popular tab. d...

Workbook cells won't hold formatting in Office 2007
I have Office 2007 running in Vista Home Premium. My system got FUBARed and had to be reloaded. Now my Excel workbooks won't keep the proper formatting in cells. I have them formatted as general so that I can type in something like 4 - 1. As soon as I do that it converts the formatting to Custom and puts it in as a 1-Apr. If I try to reformat the cell as general I then get 39904. If I enter it as space 4 - 1 then it enters correctly. How can I make the cell give me the correct information without putting a space in front of it? One way in to format the cell as Text B...

Look at this internet package from Microsoft Corporation
--rbnwtuassvjefyptq Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="yfusmfnc"; type="multipart/alternative" --yfusmfnc Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="bcffzbzckk" --bcffzbzckk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the securi...

Office 2007 Home and Student Instalation
I have 2 instalation disks with their own Product keys used on 4 computers, I need to install a copy on my new desktop that I just built, there are 2 more ligitimate instalations left but the problem is I have mixed up the 2 disc so I don't know which one goes with which product key. Does it matter which disc I use and if so how do I tell which one? Belarc Advisor or MagicJelly Bean will reveal the key on the PC Doesnt matter which cd, assuming exact same versions (ie sp level) "Grampmer" <Grampmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91B7453E-3D...

Office 98 compatible with Mac OS 10.3?
Im thinking of going to a G5 and commin off a G3 I am looking into my programs being compatible to native 10.3. So will office 98 be able to run with out any problems in 10.3 native mode (non-classic) or would i have tto run it under the classic mode. In article <018601c3c00e$66cf1b70$a301280a@phx.gbl>, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Im thinking of going to a G5 and commin off a G3 I am > looking into my programs being compatible to native 10.3. > So will office 98 be able to run with out any problems in > 10.3 native mode (non-classic) or woul...

Have new MS Office and need to tranfer data from Outlook Express
I would like to tranfer all contacts and exsisting e-mails from Outlook Express to the new MS Office software already installed. Is this possible and if so, what is the step by step to complete the process? From within Outlook Express choose File-> Export and follow on-screen instructions -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kodiak1.2" <Kodiak1.2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5EC45B9-22BF-4704-81DA-C50136564225@...