Messages still unread

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C37B79.3940E780

Suddenly my outlook xp is not marking items as read.  I have it set to =
show as read when selection changes.  I have to manually mark things as =
read.  I have tried a detect and repair, but it didn't help. =20

Any ideas?

thank you,

Karen
------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C37B79.3940E780

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>Suddenly my outlook xp is not =
marking items as=20
read.&nbsp; I have it set to show as read when selection changes.&nbsp; =
I have=20
to manually mark things as read.&nbsp; I have tried a&nbsp;detect and =
repair,=20
but it didn't help.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>Any ideas?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>thank you,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#0000ff size=3D2>Karen</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0046_01C37B79.3940E780--

0
ksheffler (3)

Did you look at your preview pane options?  Change them to a different
setting, and OK out of the dialog.  Then go back in and put the settings
back the way you want them.

Ray at work, posting in plain text

"Karen" <ksheffler@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
Suddenly my outlook xp is not marking items as read.  I have it set to show
as read when selection changes.  I have to manually mark things as read.  I
have tried a detect and repair, but it didn't help.

Any ideas?

thank you,

Karen

0
Ray
9/15/2003 3:14:18 PM
Yes, I tried that. The problem only seems to affect the most recent message
in my inbox.

> Did you look at your preview pane options?  Change them to a different
> setting, and OK out of the dialog.  Then go back in and put the settings
> back the way you want them.
>
> Ray at work, posting in plain text
>
> "Karen" <ksheffler@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> Suddenly my outlook xp is not marking items as read.  I have it set to
show
> as read when selection changes.  I have to manually mark things as read.
> have tried a detect and repair, but it didn't help.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> thank you,
>
> Karen

0
ksheffler (3)

Unread deleted messages
Hi, [Outlook 2003 SP1] When I delete messages without reading them (obvious spam, for instance) they show up in my "Unread Mail" folder. Is it possible to change this behaviour? Thanks, Jan Roelof jr_de_pijper@hotmail.com <jr_de_pijper@hotmail.com> wrote: > When I delete messages without reading them (obvious spam, for > instance) they show up in my "Unread Mail" folder. Is it possible to > change this behaviour? The "Unread Mail" folder is not actually a true folder. It's a search folder which just displays all unread messages no matt...

macros are disabled message but macro security is low
I just installed Office 2003 and am trying to record/run macros in an Excel worksheet. I can record a macro, but when I open Tools/Macro/Macros..., the Edit, Create, Delete, & Options buttons are grayed out. The Run and Step Into buttons are active, but when either is clicked, a message "Macros are disabled because the security level is set to high......" is displayed. The secruity level is NOT set to high, however. I have tried every setting from high to low, with no effect on the error message. Any help would be appreciated. This is the first time I have tried to us...

No content in message field anymore
For the last two days when I open my email client I see no content in the message field. Each email is blank with an attachment paperclip in the upper right hand corner. When I click the paperclip I have the choice of a txt file (which will not open up) or an htm file which will open. This is driving me crazy and I don't want to get rid of windows mail...any suggestions on how to fix this? Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 Try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/...

Import raw MIME messages
Hi, Is there a way, or utililty, to import raw MIME messages into Outlook 2003 or Outlook Express? I would like to preserve the base64 encoded attachments, too. I have searched Usenet newsgroups with Google Groups, and I have searched SlipStick.com. I just cannot finding anything, but I cannot believe there is not an existing solution. Thanks, Lee You might want to try Redemption http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/ (will require the ability to write code on your part). "Lee C." <noSpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:tKudnTxM_OkMLTfcRVn-sA@comcast.com... > Hi, Is...

To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages.
This is driving me crazy. How can I get rid of this message? I have never used Outlook Express. "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may take up to a few minutes." "Rufus Chaney" <RufusChaney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47B333C7-3076-4788-A23F-652B389F9A3B@microsoft.com... > This is driving me crazy. How can I get rid of this message? I have > never > used Outlook Express. > > "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may > take > up to a f...

modeless message window in a regular dll?
Hello community, I have written a regular dll that should just show a status window. The problem is that I have no control over the application calling the dll. The application should not be aware of the status window. The window should just be modeless (it shouldn't block *any* application GUI) and it should show a status message. If possible, it should have a Close button. The dll uses a worker thread for requests from the application and it uses a UI thread for socket operations. Note that I use MFC in the dll (which could make it more comfortable to create the window - or - on the ot...

Colour code messages only to me
Hi I am running Outlook XP. There is a rule that can be set to colour code emails that are sent only to me, but what it actually does is colour code emails that only have me in the To: line of the email. If an email is sent to me and CC's in someone else, the rule treats this as a mail sent only to me. How do I set the rule so that it colour codes a message sent solely to me? Thanks in advance ...

WM_COPY message not being passed to controls deriving from CEdit within an ActiveX control
Hi, As stated in the subject, I have some custom edit controls classes in an ActiveX control. I can enter text and interact with the edit controls without any problems except in the case when I try to Copy/Paste/Cut/Clear through the key shortcuts Ctrl-C/V/X/B. Nothing happens when I press those key shortcuts, because the control itself never receives a WM_COPY/WM_PASTE/WM_CUT/WM_CLEAR message. Does anyone have any idea why these windows messages would be filtered out or simply not sent by the parent? Is there a more elegant solution that to override the OnKeyDown handler of the parent wind...

Wrong message displayed
If I move messages to another folder (archive), then go back to read the message, it shows one message, no matter which one I select. It doesn't display any of the other messages. Where might this 'archive' folder be located ? 1. Storage folders 2. Email account If 2, is this a pop3, IMAP, or Hotmail(Http) account ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Marlon Medina" <MarlonMedina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93E6F96B-3619-4491-ADEA-DC84385C3374@microsoft.com... > If I move messages to another folder (archive), then go bac...

email error message
I opened my windows mail earlier and I had a genealogy program CD in my drive E (that I had just installed). Ever since then - whenever I try and open an e-mail... I get a popup error message that says "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E:. ) At the top of the box it says.... WinMail.exe - No disk- If I click Cancel or Try Again - the same box keeps popping up. If I just click continue - I can open the email. How do I fix this - it is very annoying to have it pop up with every email. Thanks so much! It happens when you try to open an emai...

creating a recurring reminder email message
I want to create a reminder message that gets emailed to a distribution list on the same date every month. How can we do that? ...

Messages Forwarded as Attachments Appear Blank
Hello, I am running an Exchange 2003 Org, with mixed Outlook XP/2003 clients, all on the latest service packs. I have one client (our CEO) that when he receives forwarded email from outside the organization, the forwarded message shows up as an attachment, but when he opens the attachment, it is displayed as a blank email (no to, from, cc, subject, body, or anything). I have checked the AV logs on every "AV for Email" gateway from the source to the destination, and I don't see anything getting stripped from the message. I have also checked all the AV servers, and made sure...

OE Message Download Problems
I opened OE 6 and closed it while the program was still downloading messages. Though the download completed, I am unable to locate the messages on my computer or on the web-based email server. Any ideas as to where the files may be located on my machine? Thanks. ...

How to add multiple message senders to the blocked list automatica
-- Steve ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5597e420-8dc2-4fc5-88df-130a7cc9fe32&dg=microsoft.public.outlook ...

Messages from Children ?
Hi guys, What's the best way to handle this: I have a CWnd derived class that I use as a child window in either a dialog box or a CWnd-derived view; and I want to handle mouse message that occured within the child. I can put mouse messages (OnLButtonDown, etc.) in the child then route them to the parent but then parent won't know which child sent it. Or, I can make a custom mouse handler in the parent, like OnChildLButtonDown() that the child would call with it's ID but that seems a little sloppy. I'd like to do it like the notification messages other controls send like CEdit...

Newest message arrives first
When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is delivered first. I want the oldest message on the server first. How do I change this? Thank you. "Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message news:0D273E59-B4AF-48B0-B0A8-C32372EFC943@microsoft.com... > When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is delivered > first. I want the oldest message on the server first. How do I change > this? > Why are you seeking this behavior? All of your new messages should arrive within seconds, and ...

Delete Messages Folder Outlook 2003
When I try to emptly the 'Delete Files' folder in outlook 2003 I get the following message: -- "This messanging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart outlook."---- I have restarted outlook several times and have re-booted my computer a few times and I get the same message. Can anyone help me to resolve this situation? Ted Jamison <Ted Jamison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to emptly the 'Delete Files' folder in outlook 2003 I get > the following message: -- "This messanging interface has retu...

Input text message (dialog box) for data validation
Hello all: This may sound idiotic to some, but I've already been wasting too much time with this option, and am looking for some guru insight. I am trying to input text into the Data Validation Text Box that looks something like this: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Q3) Was this a prospective or retrospective analysis or study documenting the effects of XYZ that compared and reported the data in the Marketing Strategy Program? a) Yes b) No c) This appears to be a concise comparison, but ot...

System Restore all off, still creating restore points on 2nd parti
Although we have System Restore turned off on all drives, restore points are still being created on the secondary partitions. The OS partiton is drive C, NTFS. The secondary partition is drive D, FAT32. The restore points are being created when applications (i.e. DirectX, WinDVD, etc.) are installed from the second partition (drive D). We must install these from a secondary partition. What are we missing? These restore points are filling up our drives. Also, I thought System Restore wouldn't work on FAT32 drives? Thanks, -- Bill Baker Bill, I use two drives b...

Posted Batches are still available
Hi: We are using GP 9 with SQL 2005. We have a situation, where we have posted the batches but those are still available to post. Those are showing no. of documents and their batch totals, but when we print edit list of those batches, there is nothing. What is causing this situation? Thanks in advance. Are those Sales transaction batches? If yes, they may be order or quote in your batch. "Naseer Ahmed Farooqi" wrote: > Hi: > > We are using GP 9 with SQL 2005. We have a situation, where we have posted > the batches but those are still available to post. Those...

Exchange 2003, chat, IM and offline messages
Hi As you know, there is no chat, sending instant and offline messages for exchange 2003 users. How can we have these possibilities for our exchange 2003 client. which programs can do these for us? Thanks For this u can use Live Communications Server "greenland" wrote: > Hi > As you know, there is no chat, sending instant and offline messages for > exchange 2003 users. How can we have these possibilities for our exchange > 2003 client. which programs can do these for us? > > Thanks > > > > ...

IE6 ignore font size setting = Outlook fixed 12-pt messages
Setting IE6's Accessibility option to Ignore font sizes specified on web pages (so I can read online newspaper text at my 1600x1200 resolution setting) produces an undesirable side effect in my Outlook 2K-generated html- format email messages: all message text is fixed at 12 point, even though my Outlook default message size is set at 10 point. Manually changing the font size in the message has no effect. Closest KB article I can find is one for Outlook Express (#178895), which indicates "this is by design." If so, why would someone who wants to vary the font size displa...

Error message when I send/receive
All of sudden, I get an error message when I want to send or receive an email. The error message says "The operation failed" Anyone help me???? create a new profile, it might solve that "Terry" <tmhoran@ties2.net> wrote in message news:148f801c3f8d3$3545f170$a501280a@phx.gbl... > All of sudden, I get an error message when I want to send > or receive an email. The error message says "The > operation failed" Anyone help me???? ...

Cannot "close" personal folder in Folder List
When trying to close an old personal folder in the Folder List, I get the following error message: Operation failed. An object cannot be found. When following the path, the referenced folder no longer exists. Is there any work around to delete this folder name from the Folder List. Create a new profile. Yours is corrupt. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18eb201c44c0d$605956d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When trying to close an old personal folder in the Folder > List, I get the following error message: ...

New Mail in Outlook does not show up until an old message is clicked
Hello, I am running a Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5. I have a user running WinXP with OfficeXP. WIth Outlook open, new mail does not show up until a previously received email is clicked on. Normally, with Outlook running on Exchange, new mail appears immediately in bold and the envelope icon appears in the task tray. On this particular PC, new mail does not appear until a piece of mail that is already present is clicked. We tried sending new mail to this recipient and every time, it would not show up until older mail was clicked. We even tried sending mail from this person ...