Messages not saves in the correct Sent Items Folder

I have several email accounts on my computer. One is my work account and is
a local IMAP account and others are POP mail or HotMail accounts

When I use Outlook Express all my sent messages are saved in the Sent Items
folder for the account that was active.

But when I use OutLook 2003 and I send a message from my work (IMAP) account
it is always saved in the Sent Items folder in Local Files. How can I get
theses to be saved in the Sent Items in the correct Folder?

Thanks in advance

Mike

Outlook will also save the sent email to the "Sent Items" folder of the
default mailbox for the profile. To circumvent this, you will need a third
party utility

"Laser" <laserfrk_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have several email accounts on my computer. One is my work account and
is
> a local IMAP account and others are POP mail or HotMail accounts
>
> When I use Outlook Express all my sent messages are saved in the Sent
Items
> folder for the account that was active.
>
> But when I use OutLook 2003 and I send a message from my work (IMAP)
account
> it is always saved in the Sent Items folder in Local Files. How can I get
> theses to be saved in the Sent Items in the correct Folder?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Mike

0
Megan
7/21/2004 3:22:45 PM
I may be doing something wrong.  But that didn't work.  I created a new
profile and my messages are still be saved in the "personal files" sent
items folder instead of the Sent Items folder of the active (default)
account.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mike

"Megan Kielman" <megan.kielman@(removethis)weyerhaeuser.com> wrote in
message news:eOJfsZzbEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Outlook will also save the sent email to the "Sent Items" folder of the
> default mailbox for the profile. To circumvent this, you will need a third
> party utility
>

> "Laser" <laserfrk_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I have several email accounts on my computer. One is my work account and
> is
> > a local IMAP account and others are POP mail or HotMail accounts
> >
> > When I use Outlook Express all my sent messages are saved in the Sent
> Items
> > folder for the account that was active.
> >
> > But when I use OutLook 2003 and I send a message from my work (IMAP)
> account
> > it is always saved in the Sent Items folder in Local Files. How can I
get
> > theses to be saved in the Sent Items in the correct Folder?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Mike

Go to Tools, Email accounts, click Next and look at the setting at the
bottom "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" what is that set to?
"Laser" <Fake_Laserfrk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I may be doing something wrong.  But that didn't work.  I created a new
> profile and my messages are still be saved in the "personal files" sent
> items folder instead of the Sent Items folder of the active (default)
> account.
>

> What am I doing wrong?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Mike
>

> "Megan Kielman" <megan.kielman@(removethis)weyerhaeuser.com> wrote in
> message news:eOJfsZzbEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Outlook will also save the sent email to the "Sent Items" folder of the
> > default mailbox for the profile. To circumvent this, you will need a
third
> > party utility
> >

> > "Laser" <laserfrk_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I have several email accounts on my computer. One is my work account
and
> > is
> > > a local IMAP account and others are POP mail or HotMail accounts
> > >
> > > When I use Outlook Express all my sent messages are saved in the Sent
> > Items
> > > folder for the account that was active.
> > >
> > > But when I use OutLook 2003 and I send a message from my work (IMAP)
> > account
> > > it is always saved in the Sent Items folder in Local Files. How can I
> get
> > > theses to be saved in the Sent Items in the correct Folder?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >
> > > Mike

0
Megan
7/22/2004 4:47:22 PM
Thanks for the follow-up.

It says "Personal Folders". This is the only option on the dropdown menu.

Thanks for your help.

message news:%23u39otAcEHA.2844@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Go to Tools, Email accounts, click Next and look at the setting at the
> bottom "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" what is that set to?
> "Laser" <Fake_Laserfrk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I may be doing something wrong.  But that didn't work.  I created a new
> > profile and my messages are still be saved in the "personal files" sent
> > items folder instead of the Sent Items folder of the active (default)
> > account.
> >

> > What am I doing wrong?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >

> > Mike
> >

> > "Megan Kielman" <megan.kielman@(removethis)weyerhaeuser.com> wrote in
> > message news:eOJfsZzbEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > > Outlook will also save the sent email to the "Sent Items" folder of
the
> > > default mailbox for the profile. To circumvent this, you will need a
> third
> > > party utility
> > >

> > > "Laser" <laserfrk_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> and
> > > is

Sent
> > > Items

> > > account
> > get

Hey! That of course if the problem but I am not sure why you can't change
it. Are you connecting to an Exchange server? What protocol is Outlook
using?

> Thanks for the follow-up.
>

> It says "Personal Folders". This is the only option on the dropdown menu.
>

> Thanks for your help.
>

> Mike
>

> "Megan Kielman" <megan.kielman@(removethis)weyerhaeuser.com> wrote in
> message news:%23u39otAcEHA.2844@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > Go to Tools, Email accounts, click Next and look at the setting at the
> > bottom "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" what is that set
to?
> > "Laser" <Fake_Laserfrk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I may be doing something wrong.  But that didn't work.  I created a
new
> > > profile and my messages are still be saved in the "personal files"
sent
> > > items folder instead of the Sent Items folder of the active (default)
> > > account.
> > >

> > > What am I doing wrong?
> > >

> > > Thanks,
> > >

> > > Mike
> > >

> > > "Megan Kielman" <megan.kielman@(removethis)weyerhaeuser.com> wrote in
> > > message news:eOJfsZzbEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> the
> > third

> > and

> Sent

> > > get

0
Megan
7/23/2004 3:02:57 PM
No, we are not connected to Exchange server.  We are connected to a local
email server (MDaemon) over our local network using IMAP.

message news:%23beP9XMcEHA.2544@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hey! That of course if the problem but I am not sure why you can't change
> it. Are you connecting to an Exchange server? What protocol is Outlook
> using?
>

> "Laser" <Fake_Laserfrk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the follow-up.
> >

> > It says "Personal Folders". This is the only option on the dropdown
menu.

> > Thanks for your help.
> >

> > Mike
> >

> > "Megan Kielman" <megan.kielman@(removethis)weyerhaeuser.com> wrote in
> > message news:%23u39otAcEHA.2844@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> > > Go to Tools, Email accounts, click Next and look at the setting at the
> > > bottom "Deliver new e-mail to the following location" what is that set
> to?
> > > "Laser" <Fake_Laserfrk@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> new
> sent

> > the
> > > third

> account
> > > and

> > Sent

> (IMAP)
> can

save as html #5
I have been working for years on Excel 97 until a couple of days ago. I manage a web site that I update two times a month with new point standings for my group (www.wctpa.com) . The points are sent to me via e-mail by the group secretary in an excel spreadsheet. I have an html document that I rename and reuse that contains an html instruction to insert a table at a specific location: <!--##table##--> . In Excel 97, I had been able to re-save her spreadsheet as "save as html". This allowed me to insert the spreadsheet contents into my html document, then upload to our we...

file will not save
One of my excel files will not save. it seems to work ok, but when i try to save it, i get a "document not saved" message. the file cannot be closed unless i agree not to try to save it. any ideas why i cannot save this file? #1. Are you working off a floppy? If yes, then don't do this. Use windows explorer to copy from floppy to harddrive and work from there (and save there). Then use windows explorer to copy back to floppy. #2. You're saving to a location that you don't have permission to save to. #3. Your diskdrive is out of space??? missionary wrote...

eConnect
I am in the process of modifying our eConnect integration to support passing in a back ordered quantity when saving an Order document (not a BackOrder document). The original transaction only passed in QUANTITY. My first attempt was to just add QTYTBAOR to the existing transaction. My second attempt was to add TOTALQTY as the sum of QUANTITY and QTYTBAOR. In all cases I did not get any errors but the QTYTBAOR field in the database was not updated. I don't think it is a configuration issue because it is possible to set backorder quantities using Great Plains. Does anybody know ...

Troubleshooting missing items in Search Folders
Hi, all - I've got OL2003 SP2, and in the interest of organizing my boatload of client correspondence, I've just started setting up search folders for them. I have used Search Folders a lot in the past, but am running into some strangeness... My goal is to find all mail sent to or from me, to or from my clients' registered domain names, looking in my inbox or sent items folder only. I was unable to make a wildcard (to act on anybody@domain.com) if I used a custom search folder, no matter what I did - in advanced, using "TO contains domainname.com" and "FROM c...

Exch. Server in Child Domain
Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange server? Sure as they are all in the same Exchange org. Nue "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message news:uRS2KYKOGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's > exchange server? > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:26:37 -0800, "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote: >Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange >serve...

How big is the outgoing mail messages
Is there any way to see how big mail the user are sending or receiving. And who's sending the mail. I have exchange 5.5 and windows 2000 /RO ...

Legend Changes After Save
I am working in Excel 2007. When I delete certain Series from the legend, save and close the file, the next time I open it the deleted series are back. How can I stop it from defaulting back? Thanks! PD, I can't duplicate this problem, why don't you send me a copy of the file before you delete the item from the legend and tell me exactly what you do, so I can duplicate it. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire shanedevenshire@sbcglobal.net Microsoft Excel MVP "WolfgangPD" wrote: > I am working in Excel 2007. When I delete certain Series from the legend, > save and...

Outlook 2007: "Cannot save free/busy information"
Hi, all I have been getting the error message "Cannot save free/busy information" from Outlook frequently these days. It started when we changed our configuration from connecting to an Exchange server on the LAN to using a proxy Exchange server that forwards (I imagine) to another Exchange server on a different LAN. I have my profile configured to deliver to a local PST file. It seems that Outlook does successfully update free/busy info on the server sometimes; the error message appears fairly randomly - e.g. sometimes when I delete a meeting request, but not every time. An...

duplicate emails being sent
I have a couple of computers that are sending duplicate emails only when they are sending to more than one recipient. Any idea why this is happening? Jeff ...

error message
Extended MAPI 1.0 for Windows 95 used an uninitialized function pointer. How do I fix this? It used mapi32x.dll ...

Sent Mail items not showing up
Using Outlook 2002 w/SP2 on WinXP Pro. Unable to view items in Sent Item folder (Outlook shows normal blank window with "there are no items to show in this view") even though the Item count in the lower left shows over 2600 msgs in the Sent Items folder. It keeps increasing as new msgs are sent. Using the standard view, all standard columns, with NO Filter set. Anybody seen this before? Any ideas? ...

changes to message size limits
On Exchange 2003, one huge annoying feature is that even when I make configuration changes, it seems to take so long for them to actually go into effect. This time it's the message size limits. I tried changing them for an individual user in AD, even told the RUS to resync. An hour later that still hadn't taken effect, so we moved on and changed the global default in Exchange's Message Delivery properties. Another hour later and still no dice. We had a company-wide default of 15 MB (huge, I thought). I increased my account to 30 MB in AD, and then on the Message Delivery pro...

Non Inventory Item Posting Account
where to set the default post account (debit) for receiving of non-inventory item, with and without purchase order? I tried to use Posting Accounts>Sales>Non Invenotised Item but it does not seems to pick up. Dear HFLo: You need to set the posting accounts in the Purchasing series for receiving transactions. However, there is no 'Non-Inventory' posting account setting in Purchasing as there is in Sales, so the account you want the non-inventoried item charged to really needs to be selected when you are setting up the Purchase Order. When you enter the item in the PO Line ...

Error Message 550 5.7.1
i recive the following message - i use outlook 2002:- our message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: test Sent: 12/15/2003 4:21 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Osama Haiba (osama.h@york-egypt.com.eg) on 12/15/2003 4:21 AM 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for osama.h@york- egypt.com.eg Set your incoming server to authenticate using your outgoing server credentials. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual ...

Message "An error has occured" when click Activity
Hi All, After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". Has anybody encounter this issue before? Previously it was working fine, after we import the customization. I have problem to create new email activity. Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict what does the Event Viewer say? "Venedict" wrote: > Hi All, > > After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, > message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". &g...

Microsoft Word
I have created a new Microsoft Word Form and would like to insert at the bottom a simple button or link the user can press when the form has been completed which will automatically insert the completed form into an email(as an attachment) ready to be sent. How can I accomplish this? Thanks in advance. -- KPFDCO3 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KPFDCO3's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222188.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/ms-office-support/1338781.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

back up messages
I need to re-install Windows XP and would like to know how to save my important e-mail messages to a cd? Thank You. Hi, Outlook stores all of your information in a Personal Folder File (.PST). For more information on how to backup your information , please refer to Knowledge Base article 287456.KB.EN-US OL2002: How to Work with Personal Folders Files You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;287456 Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Bus...

Public Folder/OWA problem
We're running a pure Ex2k3 environment. I'm trying to setup a public folder where end-user software can be posted. This way, users can access our front-end OWA server outside of the network, open public folders, and then save the software to their local PC. The problem is that i get a "403 Forbidden" error whenever i try to download the file off of OWA. I checked that users had all permissions to the folder.. I found this TechNet article that describes something very similar (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834743/en-us). The only problem is that it refers to som...

Restoring Public Folder to a Recovery Server
Hello, We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a recovery server (separe forest). We are able to mount the database but how can we acess it. We know exmerge will not work in this case and we tried installing outlook client but we can only see the default Public folder database. Thanks in advance Hi, "xmis1" <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6FCB9C1E-1D51-4FCA-9F82-6A3B85DFB510@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > We have exchange 2003. We restored our PUB folder database to a recovery > server (separe forest). We ar...

Slow Open/Save over Network Connection
My client has an Apple XServe located in a "co-location" server farm which is providing very fast and reliable network speeds (10 mbps DL, 11 mbps UL). His office location is using AT&T DSL with DL speeds around 3.5 mbps. The directory that sits on the XServe is shared over the internet so my client can access it from multiple locations. Most of the documents are MS Word files. They are using Intel based iMacs with the latest versions of MS Office 2008. The problem my client is facing is the horrible speeds of opening, saving, and closing Office 2008 files. It could take up...

Folder-Link Icon in Outlook 2003
In the past (Outlook XP and before) I could distinguish between a regular Folder and a Folder-Link (.xnk file). Their icons were different. In Outlook 2003 a Folder-Link icon looks exactly the same as a Folder icon. Is they any way I can influence the look of Folder Link icons ? You can change the xnk-file icon association by going to Control Panel-> Folder Options -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Arie Blonk" <Arie Blonk@discussio...

Downloads checking account information into my Money 2006 Savings
I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file?-- Grasshopper In microsoft.public.money, New Money 2006 user wrote: >I purchased and installed Money 2006 today. I have a problem. Everytime I >import from my internet checking. It puts it into my Money savings account. >Any way I can redirect the imported information into my checking file? Is the problem you have the one described in http://support.microsoft....

Saving attachments...
I have setup excel and word to open and save files to a network drive:\my documents. But everytime I open a word or excel attachment from outlook and try to save it it goes to the temporary internet folder. I am using Office 2003. When I open a document in word or excel and do a save as it will automatically go to network drive:\my documents. Outlook uses the securetemp folder for attachments opened directly from email. either save it before opening and open the saved copy or use the place bar to select another location. http://www.outlooktips.net/archives/20030828.htm -- Diane...

Default Folder for PST files?
I have a slightly different question relating to the above: I already have my current & archive pst files stored in my own personal folders. When I want to open my archive folder I right-click Outlook Today & select 'Open Outlook Data File'. Everytime, Outlook defaults to its own path (Documents & Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\) This is really annoying & I would like it to default to opening a customised path, such as C:\Mail\ Any suggestions? -- Cheers, James Goodman Hi James, if you want to displace your pst file, please ...

Create Folders in Directory with Excel VBA?
Hi, Is there a way to create folders with a specfic names, and have them saved in a directory. I have an excel file with 250 records with my desired folder names. I want to avoid having to through the process of selecting <File | New | Folder> then naming the folder -- 250 times! I imagine there's an easier way with VBA... please help! Thanks It can be done something like this. Attatch code to a command button on the sheet. Alter code to suit your reqirements. Test on a dummy workbook first until you get it to work the way you want. Please note that there are practical lim...