Message size differ for user(user of exchange 2003) with outlook 2003 and 2007

Hi,

When we configure the user of exchange server 2003 in Outlook 2007. we
observe that message size is different with Outlook 2003.
example for exchange server user (testuser)  when we configure that in
Outlook 2003 for a mail it show size(824). when we configure the same
user in Outlook 2007 for same mail it shows size 3429.

if some have faced such problem. or know why its happening.

similarly i observe same user is configured on outlook 2007 on
different machine the mail size differs.so what does size indicate and
what all the parameters it depends

Any suggestion or pointer could be great help for us.

Thanks
Narendra

Message size/fluctuations usually center around...

1) Message format (Plain text vs. HTML vs. Rich Text)
2) Attachments
3) What is included in the body (e.g. Signatures, embedded pictures, .etc)
of the message

Just so you know, Outlook 2007 uses Word 2007 as its e-mail editor.   This
cannot be changed.  Therefore you will pick up Word style sheets in HTML
messages where you wouldn't pick this up using Outlook 2003's built-in
e-mail editor.  These style sheets can account for some additional size to
the message.

"Narendra" <guptanarendra29@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When we configure the user of exchange server 2003 in Outlook 2007. we
> observe that message size is different with Outlook 2003.
> example for exchange server user (testuser)  when we configure that in
> Outlook 2003 for a mail it show size(824). when we configure the same
> user in Outlook 2007 for same mail it shows size 3429.
>
> if some have faced such problem. or know why its happening.
>
> similarly i observe same user is configured on outlook 2007 on
> different machine the mail size differs.so what does size indicate and
> what all the parameters it depends
>
> Any suggestion or pointer could be great help for us.
>
> Thanks
> Narendra

0
Neo (372)

pgp error when opening Outlook 2000 Pro.
Please help. I have a computer that is running Windows XP Home and MSOffice 2000 Pro. Anyhow, when I try to open Outlook, it gives an error "pgpexch.dll" and says that virtual memory may be set to low. I don't know if the problem is with the file or with the virtual memory settings. I've gone into the virtual memory and set it to let Windows manage it but I still get the error. What can I do? Thanks in advance for your help. Sincerely, Rodney Brown ...

Leaving messages on server
Where do I select the option to leave messages on server so I can view them on another computer? In the advanced properties of your POP mail account settings. Without knowing your version of Outlook, hard to tell you more. Troy wrote: > Where do I select the option to leave messages on server > so I can view them on another computer? ...

MS CRM 3.0 and Exchange Server 2000
I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? check the implementaiton guide, it gives you system requirements "John Ding" wrote: > I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM > 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on > W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? > > > I have...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Bulk Import Wizard for Leads Issue
Hi, I am trying to import Lead records using a CSV file containing around 3,000 records. I have tested with around 20 records (taken from the larger file) and it imports fine but when I select the the 3,000 record file for import the wizard gives an error message somthing like (sorry don't have exact wording) 'Source Import file is corrupt'. Are there any known issues with CSV files such as the following : 1) Special characters such as an asterix not handled 2) Email and Website type fields must all be correctly formatted? 3) File is too large Thanks for your help in adva...

Office 2007 and Windows 7 Multilingual Issue
Hi All, Need some help setting up multilingual for Office 2007. Here's what I have: OS: Windowns 2007 Enterprise Office: Office 2007 Pro w/ SP2 Language Pack: Install several language packs thru the Windows 7 Update process So, here's the thing. I can't get the UI in the office apps (WOrd, Excel, etc) to display the language I want. For example, I want the ribbon to display in Chinese. Reading thru the documentations from Microsoft, it saids I need to select the laugage in the "Display Language" tab on All Programs -> Microsoft Office -> M...

Sharing tasks in OL 2007
We have a staff Atty office which keeps task lists for Civil (CV) and Criminal (CR) cases by year. There are like 2 - 3 for every year such as CV09 and CR09, however they track for more than just the current year. The person that creates these lists uses some user defined fields so when new users get these shared, they have to create the same fields. My question relates to the inconsistent behavior of the field when adding it to a new task list. Sometimes, the user enters a new field and it is available for subsequent task lists and other times the user has to add teh same new...

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Microsoft Money 2003
When I try to print a chart or report, I get the message "This program has caused a default, etc." and it shuts down. Can you give me some hints on how to correct this? Thanks Is this all reports or a particular one? If it's only one, try resetting the report. If that doesn't help, try it in a new file. If it does it in multiple files, you may need to try updating your printer driver or removing and reinstalling Money. "Mary J" <mjohns04@mail.win.org> wrote in message news:035001c377cc$e2e77840$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to print a chart or re...

Outlook user profiles

Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?
Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003. Thanks in advance! You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file. "Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message news:B5808A28-946C-4F78-92DF-1C965F74448A@microsoft.com... > Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2...

Report Error
Hi all, any ideas on this.... We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all users except one ! When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be found. I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and checked that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Ian Hi Ian, Does she have problem with this report only or this happens to her other reports as well? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com On Nov 7, 5:29 am, "Ian Kelsall" <...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

Outlook Signatures #4

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

determining user-defined chart definition
How can I look at the code/description of a user-defined chart? ...

users can delete public folder calendar entries without permission
why would a user be able to delete a calender entry in exchange 2003 (Active Directory) public folder with permissions on that folder set to none in the delete section? any help would be greatly appreciated. shrp On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:23:15 -0700 (PDT), shrpshtr <shrpshtr@gmail.com> wrote: >why would a user be able to delete a calender entry in exchange 2003 >(Active Directory) public folder with permissions on that folder set >to none in the delete section? any help would be greatly appreciated. The short answer is that they wouldn't be able to do that. ...

2 spaces as a typo in PowerPoint 2007
Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? Yup, under Office button choose PowerPoint Options from the bottom right corner. From the new menu choose Proofing. Under AutoCorrect Options... you have the opportunity to add various typos you wish PowerPoint to correct. Kristiina AndyA wrote: >Is there any to have 2 spaces be a typo in PowerPoint 2007 like it is in Word? -- I help with Excel and PowerPoint Office ToDo http://www.officetodo.com Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/powerpoint/201005/1 ...