Message Rules Get Lost?

When I move my .pst file or restore from backup all the rules no longer
work. The Rules are still there, and the folder to which the messages are
being moved to is also valid, but the error is that the folder doesn't
exist. So I have to go in and re-set the folder parameter for the rule to
work. What can I do to prevent this? Or, what can I do to re-initialize all
the rules?

Thanks, -Bob
Outlook 2003
XP Pro

You shouldn't have to do that if PST file name & path stay the same. Rules
use the full PST name & path for folder reference, at least as far as I
know.

"Bob" <newsgroups@pless.net> wrote in message
> When I move my .pst file or restore from backup all the rules no longer
> work. The Rules are still there, and the folder to which the messages are
> being moved to is also valid, but the error is that the folder doesn't
> exist. So I have to go in and re-set the folder parameter for the rule to
> work. What can I do to prevent this? Or, what can I do to re-initialize
> all the rules?

0
vince8328 (2733)
6/29/2005 12:36:19 AM
Hmm - The file name definately stays the same... so it must be the path. In
fact, since this is stored in "Documents and Settings" the sub-folder on my
pc is "Bob" and on my laptop its "Robert"... so that must be the error. Is
there a way to "batch" fix all the paths? I have more than 200 rules -- each
one at a time will take forever?

Is there a way to move the .pst file to a more common folder-structure like
"My Documents\OutlookData"?

Thanks, -Bob

"Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" <> wrote in message
> You shouldn't have to do that if PST file name & path stay the same. Rules
> use the full PST name & path for folder reference, at least as far as I
> know.
>
> "Bob" <> wrote in message news:%23O0wtEEfFHA.584@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> When I move my .pst file or restore from backup all the rules no longer
>> work. The Rules are still there, and the folder to which the messages are
>> being moved to is also valid, but the error is that the folder doesn't
>> exist. So I have to go in and re-set the folder parameter for the rule to
>> work. What can I do to prevent this? Or, what can I do to re-initialize
>> all the rules?

There's no batch way, that I know of, to fix the rules. Moving the file to
common path might help, though

> Hmm - The file name definately stays the same... so it must be the path.
> In fact, since this is stored in "Documents and Settings" the sub-folder
> on my pc is "Bob" and on my laptop its "Robert"... so that must be the
> error. Is there a way to "batch" fix all the paths? I have more than 200
> rules -- each one at a time will take forever?
>
> Is there a way to move the .pst file to a more common folder-structure
> like "My Documents\OutlookData"?

0
vince8328 (2733)
6/29/2005 11:27:07 AM
How do I do that. I can move the file to a new location but how do I get
Outlook to point to it?

> There's no batch way, that I know of, to fix the rules. Moving the file to
> common path might help, though
>
> "Bob" <> wrote in message news:%2345EcnEfFHA.3304@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Hmm - The file name definately stays the same... so it must be the path.
>> In fact, since this is stored in "Documents and Settings" the sub-folder
>> on my pc is "Bob" and on my laptop its "Robert"... so that must be the
>> error. Is there a way to "batch" fix all the paths? I have more than 200
>> rules -- each one at a time will take forever?
>>
>> Is there a way to move the .pst file to a more common folder-structure
>> like "My Documents\OutlookData"?

Once you move it start Outlook. It'll complain that it can't find the file
and give you an opportunity to 'find' it.

> How do I do that. I can move the file to a new location but how do I get
> Outlook to point to it?

0
vince8328 (2733)
6/30/2005 10:57:36 AM
Bob <newsgroups@pless.net> wrote:

> How do I do that. I can move the file to a new location but how do I
> get Outlook to point to it?

If it's your delivery location, close Outlook move it to the location you
want.  Open Outlook again and when it complains it can't find your folders,
it will present you with a browse window where you can redirect it to the
new location.  If it's not your delivery location PST, right-click it and
choose Close.  Stop Outlook.  Move the file.  Restart Outlook.  Click
File>Open>Outlook Data File, browse to it, select it, and click OK.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

2004 trial, how do I get rid of it?
My trial is over, and I want my Money 2002 back. Does anyone know how I can do that? The easiest way is to use control panel->add/remove programs to remove the 2004 trial pieces (there are two programs to uninstall). Then reinstall 2002 and use the backup file created when you first installed Money 2004 - it'll be named something like My Money.M10. Any transactions entered in the trial which you want to keep will need to be re-entered into the 2002 version, as you can't downgrade a file from 2004 to 2002. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.co...

New message opens up behind outlook window
Everytime I click new in my inbox to open a new message, the new message pops up behind the main oulook window. does anyone know how to make this stop? ...

Where to get missing msvcp70.dll?
After I uninstalled a bunch of software, when I run an app it says app failed because msvcp70.dll was not found. Re-installing that app does not help. I guess I need to restore the missing msvcp70.dll. What is the official way to get it? Some sites offer this file for download but I'm not sure the files are genuine. In my system32 folder there is msvcp50.dll, msvcp60.dll, msvcp71.dll, but no msvcp70.dll. It is not in the recycle bin either :( "james" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:#XS21G1gKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > After I un...

get rid of macro option at startup
I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable or disable macros) when I open the file? Is there a way to get rid of this since I no longer have macros in this file? Thanks. Brad You need to delete the empty module.! Bill K "Brad Rench" <brench@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kSOdnb0Jjst9afaiXTWJkg@comcast.com... > I created and then deleted a macro in an Excel file. > > Why do I still get the warning box (i.e. the one asking if I want to enable > or disable macros) when I o...

AOL IMAP account
I have set up AOL email account as IMAP type and keep getting pop up in outlook " your IMAP server wants to alert you the following: Can't read attachment for message 6438. this pops up for many times and each time the number is different. new profile same issue. Office Version:Office 2007 Operating System:Windows Vista / Windows 7 - same issue. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently p...

Downloading multiple messages
All of a sudden outlook has started downloading multiple messages from my pop account (ie 22 of the same) It is also sending out 22 of the same message. How can I resolve this issue? What version of Outlook do you have? Does it download duplicates of *all* messages, or just of one or two messages? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "GW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005101c3bf4c$e748bf30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > All of a sudden outlook has started do...

Exchange 2003 SP1 to get DST patch & Exchange 2000 patch is available to anyone for $4,000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C746B0.CFF31030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://blogs.technet.com/hied_west_blog/archive/2007/02/01/dst-2007-updat= e-outlook-time-zone-data-update-tool-released-february-1-2007.aspx In the "New Highlights" section: "Exchange Server 2003 SP1 will now be = supported for an updated version of the Exchange CDO patch to be = released shortly." and "DST Hotfixes for products in Extended Support can now be purchased for = ...

Message Tracking Center
Hi, I have enabled Message Tracking on my Exchange 2000, and everythime I do a search to track all meassage for that day, I get hundreds if not thousands of messages. Most of them have /C=US;A as the sender (What does this means?). Also most of these emails have no subjects either (What does this means too). Some of them do have subjects. Is this spam email coming to our organization or going out from us. Can someone direct me to some good source, either MS knowledge based or Internet link that explains in full details how to utilize Message Tracking Center. Thank you, LT These are sy...

Importing Messages From Another Mail Program
I just set up outlook express 6.00.2900.2180 for XP SP2 and wish to import my messages and folders from Netscape 7.0 mail and when I follow the instructions and click on the netscape Local Folder inbox file, I get a message from outlook that says there aren't any messages in the file. I tried to mail the files as attachments but that didn't work. Is there some other way to export these messages .to outlook express. Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is...

Error message #5
Excel 2000 - Try to save workbook as Excel 97 - 2000 & 5.0/95. Receive error message " An error occurred and this feature is no longer functioning properly. Would you like to repair the feature now?" If you say YES I get an "Internal Error 2709." Does anyone know how to determine what feature the error message is referring to and how to repair the issue randy ...

Connect/work offline/cancel message
In outlook 2003 connecting to SBS/Exchange 2003 server, get message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode you can connect, work offline, or cancel. This is only happening in a few computers on the network after implementing SBS 2003 with Outlook and Exchange 2003. ...

Intelligent Message Filter Installation Failure
I've tried installing the Intelligent Message Filter on a Windows 2000 SP4 Exchange 2003 SP1 server. The installation fails at around 98% with the following error: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. a program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. contact your support personnel or package vendor. I tried downloading it again, and had the same results. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Adding an "I'm out of the Office" Message
Re Outlook Express. I can't find anywhere on the index about how to send one of those "I will be out of the office from July blah blah to August blah blah." Anyone help, please? thanks-- Richard Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexp...

Lost Emails & Contacts
I have one user that has lost all of her Outlook information. We're on a Windows SBS 2003 network with roaming profiles. I moved the system from one desk to another and after rebooting the machine all the information is gone. It sort of acts like Outlook somehow created a duplicate profile. If I try to change which address book it shows two different ones call contacts. One of them has her contacts and the other is empty. When you click contacts on the main screen it will not show the profile that has the information. Also, all of the email folders are gone and are reset back t...

Getting kicked of outlook2003
Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline Do you mean that Outlook closes? "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:150AB89F-0A3D-4D31-B2EF-0E3E1A852199@microsoft.com... > Every time I print directly after I get kicked offline No, It completely boots me off the network. When I loose connection to Outlook it takes my computer offline--looses connection... "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > Do you mean that Outlook closes? > > "jp614" <jp614@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > ...

Error message when signing into Great Plains
I have a problem when setting up MS Great Plain. When I log into a company (E.G. company ABC), I receive an error message says "Decrypt Job Cost Creation Failed", I press OK, and the program just continues to run. Is there anyone know what is this message is about and how to resolve this problem?? Thank you very much This error is generated by the Wennsoft Products dictionary. Most times it relates to not installing the Wennsoft product from the SETUP.EXE. This is necessary as it installs and registers a couple DLL files, specifically WSREGKEYM.DLL and WSWRAPPER.DLL Refer to th...

Word 2007 Error message
Hello, I'm currently using Works Suite 2006. I am attempting to intall the Word 2007 upgrade to no avail as I receiving the following error message: SET-UP ERROR D:\wordR.ww\osetup.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present I would appreciate any advice and/or suggestions so that I can install Word 2007. Ciao, Jerry Sorry Jerry but this is Microsoft Access forum. You need to post this question to a different group to find any useful help. "Jerry T" <Jerry T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B45E64C3-D080-405E-9159-CB3E7F73AFFC@micr...

Picture in message appears bigger than original
I'm using Outlook 2003. I have this problem with adding pictures in messages. When ever I add a picture in a message(not as attachment), the picture looks much bigger than it actually is. The funny thing is that, when I check the size of the image in the message it shows to be the same size as what it should be, say 1 inch height and width. But looking at it in the message it looks like it's about 30% bigger. I don't want to adjust the pic everytime I send a message with a pic pasted in it. I'm using winxp pro as well. Any suggestions? Thanks for helping. Pri...

Message to Kevin Panzke. Just FYI
So what ever happened to the guy you were complaining about over a year ago? Did the FBI come and haul his ass away. Just FYI? If You Do Not Go Away, I Am Going 2 Place A Call With Both The FBI And The kevpan81 posted on Wednesday, April 02, 2008 10:43 PM If You Do Not Go Away, I Am Going 2 Place A Call With Both The FBI And The USDOJ, Just FYI. President Bush And I Are Good Friends After All, His Lovely Christmas Card That he Sent Me Last Year Proves It, Just FYI. Gordo's Psychiatrist wrote: <snip - trash content from a troll> Guess I'll have to mo...

get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs worked only once.
Changed style from Word 7 to Word 3, used help online, but still have 2 left with spaces I cannot get rid of on my last page. Got any help for me? -- Only fools and bigots prefer French over Spanish to be taught in public or private schools. In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), right-click the style name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is what you want, and that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to zero. Click OK. To transfer the style definition to the attached template, d...

Atttached messages to emails.
One of my employees has the following message attached to both his incoming and outgoing emails. Has anyone experienced this and how do we delete it? No one else seems to have this problem. It is not a part of his signature.I have also tried contacting this company directly to cease and desist but no response. Here is attached message. Hope someone can help. >>> FREE spam killer: http://eliminatespam.com * FREE PopUp Buster+: http://popupbuster.net * FREE e-mail: http://riskfreemail.com I'm guessing he has a spamkiller add-in installed on his machine. Go to Control P...

Paid Sales Transaction Removal error message
Hola Familia When I try to do run a "Paid Sales Transaction Removal" against a specify customer (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Routines >> Sales >> Paid Transaction Removal) in Dynamics GP 10 with SQL 2005, I get the following error: [Microsoft] [SQL Native Client] [SQL Server] Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint ‘PKRM30101’. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.RM30101'. I searched for the error message in Customer Source Knowledge base and found Article ID : 861084, which I followed and it showed the duplicate document (invoice...

2003 Outlook email only downloads headers, not the full message
When I attempt to open an email I receive " This is a message header. The full item has not been downloaded." At INBOX, ALT CTRL-S >SEND/RECEIVE GROUP>All Accounts>EDIT >displays an option to display headers only or the entire message including the attachment. In the grayed out area, I can see that a dot in the display headers only section. Due to the gray out I cannot chooose the alternate selection. How can I access the alternate choice? Which mail account type are you using? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft O...