Message Preview doesn't work correctly for every email

We have deployed Outlook 2007 to all the computers here in our office and
all of us are experiencing the same problem with the message preview pane.
When you click on an email in the list, the preview pane usually updates and
shows the contents of the message.  For some emails, however, only the
header details (From, Sent, To) update after the email is clicked.  The
preview will show the last message that was previewed.  Now comes the
strange part - If i double click the message to open it in its own window,
the message is displayed in the new window correctly and then the preview
pane automatically updates and shows the preview correctly.  So far I cannot
tell what types of emails (HTML, text) are causing this behaviour.

Is this a common problem with Outlook or is there something I can do to get
around this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Charles

0
Charles

It's not all that common but it is a bug but I can't recall if there is a
known cause, fix or workaround yet.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Charles Evans" <cevans (at) quadrate (dot) (com)> wrote in message
> We have deployed Outlook 2007 to all the computers here in our office and
> all of us are experiencing the same problem with the message preview pane.
> When you click on an email in the list, the preview pane usually updates
> and shows the contents of the message.  For some emails, however, only the
> header details (From, Sent, To) update after the email is clicked.  The
> preview will show the last message that was previewed.  Now comes the
> strange part - If i double click the message to open it in its own window,
> the message is displayed in the new window correctly and then the preview
> pane automatically updates and shows the preview correctly.  So far I
> cannot tell what types of emails (HTML, text) are causing this behaviour.
>
> Is this a common problem with Outlook or is there something I can do to
> get around this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Charles

0
outlookmvp (5838)

HTML in a message
Hey all, I am using Outlook 2002 and have set up an HTML signature file. To avoid the BS HTML which MS insist on bloating all files with, I have manually creating and placed the file in the signature directory. When I insert the signature, it doesn't appear correctly BUT......if I drag the file to the address bar it does! Also, after dragging it to the address bar, I can do Insert, Signature and the new signature appears fine! What is the difference between these two messages? TIA The Morbid One ...

please help!!! Unable to delete emails
NAVCE deleted the edb.log file from my \exchsrvr directory. We were able to do a hard restore to get it back up but we have several emails in users inboxes that cannot be opened. When you double-click the email you get a 'can't open this item' error. It appears something did not synch properly during the restore but my email is now up and running. I personally have a couple dozen emails in my inbox from 9am - 2pm yesterday that I cannot open and get that message. How can I permanently delete those emails??? Getting them back would be nice but I don't want to ri...

Promoting emails without email Router
I'm trying to implement the CRM and, due to infraestructure problems, I can't install the CRM Email Router. I intalled the CRM and clients with SFO. When I try to promote an incoming email i can do it without problems. But when I try to promote an outgoing email (from the sent items), a message appears saying "An error ocurred when trying to promote the email. Try again". What should I do to promote a sent email without the email router. Thanks in advance -- Carlos ...

Budgeted Amounts Not Correct in Report
I hope y'all can help me. In my monthly budget report, I have the dates set from 6/30/03 to 6/30/04 (12 months). There are a few categories that show a higher budgeted amount than there should be. For instance, my cable bill is $59 every month. Under the "actual" spending column, the amount spent is $708 (correct-- $59 x 12 = $708). Under the "budgeted" spending column, the amount is $767 (not correct; it should be $708). There are several places in my budget report where it's calculating for 13 months instead of 12. Also, along the same lines, I hav...

Blackberry email tracking in crm 4.0
Hi, can anyone tell me if blackberry emails are supposed to automatically track within CRM 4.0? We are tracking emails through outlook into crm fine but BB emails are not tracking for some reason. We have our own BES and exchange server. I know you can buy 3rd party software but according to one of the reps of that company, he claimed it should be tracking by itself w/out 3rd party. Is anyone sucessfully doing this? thank you! I am no expert, but I have been working with BB/BES and CRM and up till now what I seen is that email already marked for tracking (i.e. a reply to one marked as t...

Junk Email Auto Delete Question
I right click on an email and put on the junk email sender's list. It just sits there. Is it supposed to automatically delete? Also, if that address comes in in the future, is is supposed to automatically delete? I have several email addresses that I have put in the list, but they show up in my InBox anyway. I don't want them simply colored with Organize. I want them to be deleted! Thank you. Office XP Pro. Do you have the junk mail rule configured to delete or to colorize the message? You need to configure it to delete... -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach You...

How do I include attachments that go with deleted and sent emails.
On Outlook Express, my saved and deleted emails included any attachments that came with them. In Outlook 2007, it deletes the attachments. Then if something happens and I need to find those attachments, they are gone. How can I make Outlook 2007 retain any attachments that go with email messages, even after they are moved to the "sent" and "deleted" files? Outlook 2007 does not remove attachments from items in your mail folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick....

outgoing email stopped working
My outgoing email stopped sending yesterday, although I can still receive email fine. I've been through text support with my ISP (prodigy/SBC) and they say it is an outlook problem. Any suggestions? Julie Fairchild What errors do you get? Julie wrote: > My outgoing email stopped sending yesterday, although I > can still receive email fine. I've been through text > support with my ISP (prodigy/SBC) and they say it is an > outlook problem. Any suggestions? > > Julie Fairchild >-----Original Message----- >My outgoing email stopped sending yesterday, a...

Email forwarding routed to wrong mailbox
I have configured MS Exchange Server 2003 to route emails to individual mailboxes. We have just started forwarding emails from a new domain to our existing domain, these emails are all arriving in my mailbox rather than being routed to the correct mailboxes. Can anyone help? Is this SBS? Do you have the POP3 connector configured? Do you have journaling configured to route to your mailbox? Is your ISP sending the messages to your mailbox? What do the message tracking logs show? What do the SMTP protocol logs show? "Roger Morbey" <RogerMorbey@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007?
How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007? "maxwelton" <maxwelton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:023F67EB-8140-44B3-903B-2E7611B4068F@microsoft.com... > How do I delete duplicate email messages in Outlook 2007? Select them and press Delete? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

What does this error message mean?
Hello, I gave my old computer to some novice friends, with Outlook Express on it. When trying to send/receive from Outlook Express I get the following dialog: WNetGetUser Returned and Outlook Express can't connect to the ISP. However, by using the Internet icon first and being already connected, Outlook Express sends and receives messages OK. I have checked the account settings I entered but I'm stuck as to why Outlook Express can't actually connect to the ISP itself. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Ex...

ok send messages

Assign Macro to button in Excel doesnt work Any ideas?
I have followed the instructions in help but when I get to step 3 "right click to bring up shortcut menu & enter Assign Macro" the assign macro" option does not appear!! Any Ideas Hi Mike can you see assign macro - but it is greyed out? or is it not an option at all? if it is greyed out you'll notice around the button little diagonal lines, click on these and they should go furryish .. now try right mouse clicking. if the option is not there at all, please post back letting us know how you created the button. Cheers JulieD "Mike@Becketts" <Mike@B...

Upgrade 9 to 10 only work if update instance, not if new instance
I'm testing a GP 9 to 10 upgraded on a test server. Everything installs; however, GP Utilities will bomb out if I created a new instance when installing 10. There is no error message, it just fails. If I do an update to the 9 instance, it works fine. Why should this make any difference? It's the only thing I'm changing in the two installs. Thanks Not sure I understand. What do you mean by "instance"? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster...

On Create Workflow not working
I am trying to add a new workflow rule to our system. All I want to do is send an email when a new order is created, that's it. I have many other, much more complex workflows running just fine. However, it seems I can no longer add an On Create workflow rule. If I change this rule to On Assign, it runs fine. For some reason, any new On create rules are not running, the old On create rules still work. Does anyone know what this could be? Any help is appreciated. This is only affecting the Creation of workflow rules for Orders. Is there a maximum # of rules allowed for each...

Outlook 2007
We are implementing Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2010 across the company and we are noting that while we can open and save attachments directly from the email in either preview pane or full view (by right clicking and saying "Save As"), the Save Attachment button does not work in the Email Toolbar. Having put the Save Attachment button in my quick access toolbar, I note that it does not work either when I open the full Email. I am thinking this might be related to the Exchange/Outlook relationship. Our exchange server in on our LAN and I have my connection set to "Dow...

CRM4 CU8 Delete Failed Bulk Email notice in System Job list
Standard CRM 4 install. I have been cleaning the Systems Jobs list and discovered that there are a lot of entries for Failed Bulk Email send. I cannot remove the entries it throws an error and suggests I ask Microsoft. I can remove the successful Bulk sends. Any hints on how to clear out the failed Email bulk send reports? Robert ...

Download messages
In Outlook Express, there used to be an option not to download email messages for a specific account. Is it possible to do this with Outlook 2002? TIA, Pete If you *never* want to download messages from that account to Outlook, you can edit your Send/Receive Groups so that the account in question is in a "Receive Only" group. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:uya0g31vDHA.2308@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, Night Owl wrote: > In Outlook Ex...

Error Message #21
Moneyplus 2007 Windows XP IE 7 This is the error message I get when I open money. "Money has detected that you did not close the file 'MSMONEY' before exiting." "Money now needs to verify the information in the file." It then asks me if I want to do this now, I click yes. The next message shows "The email address or password is incorrect please try again." This is a windows live ID that works on MSN. It seems my file is locked. I tried opening on a different computer, the same messages. I tried my back-up files, the same messages. I used the file Dec...

Message 0x800cc0F
Every time I check my email,after it gets through receiving,I get this message.Does anyone know what this problem means and how to fix it?Any help will be appreciated. According to this http://www.modemhelp.net/oeerrors/oe_error_0x800ccc0f.shtml, it means the connection was dropped. So the big question is, are you using Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook? If Microsoft Outlook, we are seeing lots of reports of dropped connections for Microsoft Outlook that have broadband connections. Couple of questions... 1) Are you running Windows XP SP2? 2) Do you have any type of internet sec...

Money Import Handler doesn't work anymore in Money Deluxe 2006
It used to, for years, but now whenever I download an account statement, whether from my bank or from a credit card account, the statement gets downloaded, apparently, but Money doesn't do anything with it. If I save the downloaded .OFX file, instead of choosing the Money Import Handler, I can then go to File - Import - Download Statement and Money uses the data correctly. Under Tools - Settings - Online Service Settings, the following options are chosen: Overwrite transaction dates... Replace downloaded payee name... Automatically mark accepted transactions... Enter electronic pay...

Error message #54
I cannot delete anything from Outlook at all. When I try to delete I get "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Try this link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;272227 Your pst may be damaged or too large. Mor Microsoft Messaging support 3+ years, frontline TSA1 "JGH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11a5601c3f575$4bc75800$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot delete anything from Outlook at all. When I try > to delete I get "The messaging interfac...

Email disappears sometimes !?
I have a problem. It seems like incoming mail sometimes disappears. Finally I traced some of the missing e-mails and it appears that the all have arrived at the server. Using the Message Tracking Center learns the following. SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing. SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue. There is no more than this for the disappearing mail. A normal delivered mail shows the following: SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing. SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue. SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorizer. SMTP: Message Deliverd Locally to <...

Making Taskpad work for me
I just started using the Calendar and Taskpad functions for my Outlook 2000. When I do a printout of my oneday view, I'm frustrated because it lists all of the tasks, not just the ones that are due that day. I can't figure out how to either change the view so it only shows the tasks due that day, or to create a view that doesn't show the tasks at all. I would also appreciate anyone's opinion on what benefits I would gain by upgrading to a new version of Outlook. Thanks, Dave ...

Why doesn't the tools/options work in Excel?
About a month ago I was not able to get to the "Options" screen under tools. I still can't even after reloading and repairing Office. I can get to the "options" under Word but not Excel. I am using Office 2003. Help me get it so that I can get to Tools/Options. Is it gone or what happens when you try to open options? If it's gone, do view>toolbars>customize. select commands, scroll to toolbar and select in the left pane, in the right pane scroll to options (at end) then drag it to its place. You could try to rename *xlb to something like *.bak res...