Message Limits

Is there a limit to how many messages Outlook XP can import?  If so, is
there a way to turn off the limit?  Would I be able to import half the
messages then import the other half (thus avoiding the message limit)?  Is
it just an import limit or does Outlook have a general limit on messages it
can store?

Kol.
-----------

"Relax, its only ONES and ZEROS !"

What are you trying to import from and what kind of numbers are we talking
about here?  :-)  It might be easier to answer your questions (and give you
more precise answers) if there were more specifics to go on.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:eVB7yRyuDHA.3116@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Kolin Tregaskes wrote:

> Is there a limit to how many messages Outlook XP can import?  If so,
> is there a way to turn off the limit?  Would I be able to import half
> the messages then import the other half (thus avoiding the message
> limit)?  Is it just an import limit or does Outlook have a general
> limit on messages it can store?
>
> Kol.
> -----------
>
> "Relax, its only ONES and ZEROS !"

Hi there,

No idea exactly how many messages, but it must be more than 63400 as that's
what Outlook XP imported when I tried the first time and that seems and
strangely rounded number.

I am trying to import from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook XP, but I don't
think it's importing all the messages.

Kol.
-----------

"If addiction is judged by how long a dumb animal will sit pressing a lever
to get a 'fix' of something, to its own detriment, then I would conclude
that Netnews is far more addictive than cocaine." Rob Stampfli

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:#QQ83R7uDHA.2244@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> What are you trying to import from and what kind of numbers are we talking
> about here?  :-)  It might be easier to answer your questions (and give
you
> more precise answers) if there were more specifics to go on.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> In news:eVB7yRyuDHA.3116@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> Kolin Tregaskes wrote:
>
> > Is there a limit to how many messages Outlook XP can import?  If so,
> > is there a way to turn off the limit?  Would I be able to import half
> > the messages then import the other half (thus avoiding the message
> > limit)?  Is it just an import limit or does Outlook have a general
> > limit on messages it can store?
> >
> > Kol.
> > -----------
> >
> > "Relax, its only ONES and ZEROS !"

OK -- in that case you're probably running into the limit of the number of
items that can be placed into a single Outlook folder, which is on the order
of ~ 65,000 items if large table support is enabled (the default in Outlook
2002).  You could move some of the messages in Outlook Express to another
identity temporarily, export the rest to Outlook, then move the remainder of
the messages back to the main identity and export those.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:uIUDJ4CvDHA.2464@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Kolin Tregaskes wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> No idea exactly how many messages, but it must be more than 63400 as
> that's what Outlook XP imported when I tried the first time and that
> seems and strangely rounded number.
>
> I am trying to import from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook XP, but I
> don't think it's importing all the messages.
>
> Kol.
> -----------
>
> "If addiction is judged by how long a dumb animal will sit pressing a
> lever to get a 'fix' of something, to its own detriment, then I would
> conclude that Netnews is far more addictive than cocaine." Rob
> Stampfli
>

> "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
> message news:#QQ83R7uDHA.2244@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> What are you trying to import from and what kind of numbers are we
>> talking about here?  :-)  It might be easier to answer your
>> questions (and give you more precise answers) if there were more
>> specifics to go on.
>>
>> --
>> Jocelyn Fiorello
>> MVP - Outlook
>>
>> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
>> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>>

>> In news:eVB7yRyuDHA.3116@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>> Kolin Tregaskes wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a limit to how many messages Outlook XP can import?  If so,
>>> is there a way to turn off the limit?  Would I be able to import
>>> half the messages then import the other half (thus avoiding the
>>> message limit)?  Is it just an import limit or does Outlook have a
>>> general limit on messages it can store?
>>>
>>> Kol.
>>> -----------
>>>
>>> "Relax, its only ONES and ZEROS !"

Sorry -- in the last message I should have also told you to move the first
group of items out of the Outlook Inbox before you try exporting the second
group of messages from OE, otherwise you will still run into the space
limitation.  Create a subfolder inside the Inbox and move the first group of
imported messages there so you will have an empty Inbox to import the second
group into.

--

Kolin Tregaskes wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> No idea exactly how many messages, but it must be more than 63400 as
> that's what Outlook XP imported when I tried the first time and that
> seems and strangely rounded number.
>
> I am trying to import from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook XP, but I
> don't think it's importing all the messages.
>
> Kol.
> -----------
>
> "If addiction is judged by how long a dumb animal will sit pressing a
> lever to get a 'fix' of something, to its own detriment, then I would
> conclude that Netnews is far more addictive than cocaine." Rob
> Stampfli
>

> "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
> message news:#QQ83R7uDHA.2244@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> What are you trying to import from and what kind of numbers are we
>> talking about here?  :-)  It might be easier to answer your
>> questions (and give you more precise answers) if there were more
>> specifics to go on.
>>
>> --
>> Jocelyn Fiorello
>> MVP - Outlook
>>
>> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
>> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>>

>> In news:eVB7yRyuDHA.3116@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>> Kolin Tregaskes wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a limit to how many messages Outlook XP can import?  If so,
>>> is there a way to turn off the limit?  Would I be able to import
>>> half the messages then import the other half (thus avoiding the
>>> message limit)?  Is it just an import limit or does Outlook have a
>>> general limit on messages it can store?
>>>
>>> Kol.
>>> -----------
>>>
>>> "Relax, its only ONES and ZEROS !"

Scheduling error message
I am currently receiving the error shown below in the Outlook client. I am not trying to save any appointments and track them in CRM. In fact, I rebooted my laptop, opened Outlook, and this error began occurring again, and I can not seem to get rid of it. Any ideas? Error message: Scheduling error The following potential problems have been found Rick M is unavailable at this time. Do you want to ignore these errors and save? It does not matter whether I click Yes or No, the message goes away and comes back again shortly. -Rick M. I found the problem. There was an appointment, tra...

Memo Field Limited to 256 Characters?
I'm creating a report, imported from Excel, that contains a large "Description" field. ACCESS wants to limit me to only 256 characters in that field. Is this correct? Is there a work-around? TIA. memo fields actually support something like 63256 characters. are you sure it is not set as a Text field? those are limited to 255. On 1/11/2010 11:34 AM, ghetto_banjo wrote: > memo fields actually support something like 63256 characters. are > you sure it is not set as a Text field? those are limited to 255. > Good point. I'll check. That 256 c...

detect and delete duplicates messages
A computer virus somehow attacked just ONE of my email accounts on just ONE of my computers. It downloaded every message that was on my server, not just once but four times. I now have 6,780 messages as "unread" and 4,935 as "unread from contacts" on my main computer. It would be easy enough to delete all of them, but I had been on travel (home computer turned on so I could access it remotely). I did in fact receive and read SOME of the messages on my netbook but can't be sure and can't go through 11,000 messages on my main computer, plus those on my n...

Large Message Delay Notification
Hi, I have configured Exchange 2003 to delay message delivery of messages over a certain size to be delayed to an after hours time and this works fine but no message is sent back to the Outlook client to say that the message delivery will be delayed until "whatever" time so on occasions the cleint may ring the receiving party find the message has not been delivered and try and send it agian. Does anyone know if this can be configured to send Message back to the Outlook client that message delivery has been delayed. Any help appreciated Why the need to delay sending the mes...

Publisher is more limited at DTP than Word, therefore Publisher should be scrapped. Discuss.
This is today's topic. I'm currently embroiled in an argument over in one of the Windows XP groups with some moron who fervently believes the above (which is a direct quote so I apologise in advance for the poor grammar). I have argued my case, but I'm obviously not getting through. What I'm really after is a list of all the things that one can do in Publisher that cannot possibly be accomplished in Word (or at least not without great difficulty). I'll leave you with his parting shot. "Publisher allows untrained people to generate substandard work, that looks OK if on...

Outlook 97--Most Messages Show Up As An Attachment File
When accessing E-Mail using Outlook 97, most of my E-Mail messages show up as an attachment file. I have to then double click on the attachment file, which is then opened as a window temporary file. At this time, the file can then be read. Can this program be configured to open the attachments automatically when the E-Mail message is opened. I sometimes use Outlook Express to access my E-Mail. The messages appear fully using this program. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP THAT YOU CAN GIVE ME!! Norb ...

Limit of choose function up to index no. (2)
Sheet 1 contains the summary which will draw the data from sheet 2. Sheet 2 contains column of data for Day 1 to Day 31. I wish to do this on sheet 1 - if I key in 2, it will pick up data from sheet 2 under the column Day 2. If I key in 3, it will pick up data from sheet 2 under the column day 3 etc Hi and what exact values are the column headers of sheet2 (e.g. real date values, just a number 1-31, etc.) Please post some example rows of data (plain text - no attachment please) You may also stay in the original thread :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Cheryl" <...

How to put limits on frame resizing when using splitter window?
Hi, I have a static splitter window in SDI. The right pane of the splitter is a CScrollView. The main frame is resizable. How do I prevent a user from resizing the frame so the right pane does not go beyond a given size?. The left pane's size is not important. I keep the frame size in check on splitter bar drag by calling ResizeParentToFit(TRUE) . Thanks, Bogdan As far as I know, you will have to override the WM_MOUSEMOVE message and do your limiting there. Basically what you will have to do is copy the content of CSplitterWnd::OnMouseMove into your CSplitterWnd::OnMouseMove ...

HTML messages
Outlook will not print received HTML messages. when I change it to plain text it will print. Send it to someone else as is (HTML) and they can print it to the same printer I am using. What can I do so that I can also print HTML message? All my other messages print fine. ...

Make the row limit of excel flexible -not fixed at 65536.
Computer requirements expand. It is now the case wehre we here at Telstra require more rows than the current fixed limit of 65536. I am aware that orther spread sheet systems do supply you with more rows. Perhaps you can make it a selectable option. Increase the limit and also alow users to select their own limit where they create a new worksheet. 99,999 rows would I beleive fix our probelm for ever. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in...

Physical Inventory Import File
We have just finished counting inventory and I want to upload the physical counts . I am trying to import a physical inventory file (Tab delimited) but I get the following error message before the import is aborted: Error #-2147217900 Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation. (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server) (SQL State: 42000) (NativeError: 468) No Help file available UPDATE [##ST_Validation_1] SET ImportStatus = 3 , ItemID = Item.ID FROM Item INNER...

Confirm Delete Message Disable
When I delete a sheet which has data I get the standared confirmation dialog allowing me to delete or cancel. This is a problem because I would like to do this from a remote VB pgrogam. Is there a way to disable this dialog ? Try, Application.DisplayAlerts = False 'Your code to do your thing Application.DisplayAlerts = True Regards, Alan "RiosPapa" <RiosPapa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35D5C93D-5EEA-4EDD-9463-E2E845E01933@microsoft.com... > When I delete a sheet which has data I get the standared confirmation > dialog > allowing me to d...

Limit number of rows on query
I'm trying to write a query that will return no more than, say, 20 rows. In some forms of SQL there's a simple LIMIT clause, but this doesn't seem to exist for Access. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, Ed ...

message monitoring and auto forwarding
Dears i have Exchange 2003 with win2k3 AD environment and i want to create a message monitoring more like a filter that scans ALL the incoming and outgoing emails and checks if it contains somedomain.com if yes, then send automatic copy to admistrator account. i tried the Recipient Filtering, Sender Filtering and Connection Filtering, but all these blocks the incomin/outgoing emails. i do not want to block the email. i want the email to reach the concerning parties with a copy in the administrator account. thanks Seb On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:02:10 +0400, "Sebouh Hamakorzian&quo...

Limited # of recipients in dist. lists?
Where can you increase the number of allowed recipients for user distribution lists? I'm getting an error message that I've exceeded the number allowed, but I can't find anywhere that it is configured. Trent <trent.guild@mibatt.ang.af.mil> wrote: > Where can you increase the number of allowed recipients > for user distribution lists? I'm getting an error message > that I've exceeded the number allowed, but I can't find > anywhere that it is configured. Outlook does not impose a limit. Your ISP, however, probably does. -- Brian Tillman This...

Limiting Chart Series with a Macro
Good Day, Does anyone know how to change the max limit on the x-axis of a chart with a macro? In other words say I have data of rainfall vs time for different countries. Some may have for 10 yrs and other may have for 50. How can I use a macro so that the x-axiswould end on the last date for all graphs? Any Ideas Many Thanks Llednar Randell - This macro finds the largest X max on all of the charts on the active sheet, then applies this to all of these charts. Sub SameXMax() Dim ChtOb As ChartObject Dim dXMax As Double For Each ChtOb In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects ' Find large...

Number of Unread Messages
I am a long time user of Outlook Express. I have recently intalled Office 2007 beta and moved over to Outlook using the conversion tools provided in 2007. When I now start up my system, at the point where I have to select which user I am on my machine (it is set up for use by myself and my wife) the display claims that there are Two Unread Messages. Once I open Outlook it shows no messages as Unread in the Inbox nor does it show any messages in the virtual folder Unread Messages. I have run an advanced search on the Personal Folders using the criteria of Unread and this comes back w...

Can I disable Intelligent Message Filter from applying on internal emails
I only have one Exchange server, which has one SMTP virtual server. It seems emails sent internally between users are also getting filtered by the IMF. Is there a way to not filter internal emails? Thanks. Internal emails should not be filtered. From the IMF FAQ: 7) Why do some messages get a SCL rating of -1? Messages submitted to Exchange using authenticated credentials get a SCL value of -1. All users that submit messages from authenticated clients such as Outlook or OWA will have an SCL stamped of -1. This ensures that authenticated messages will not be moved to the junk folder...

Word 2007 Undo Limits
I am trying to determine the upper limits of the "undo" feature in Word 2007. The on-line help says that there is an maximum of 100 undo's allowed in Word, Excel and PPT 2007, however, when I tested this in Word 2007, I was able to undo 125 items in one step. Can anyone tell me what the real maximum is, or is it unlimited? All help is greatly appreciated. -- LPS I believe the limit depends on your computer's RAM. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "LPS" <LPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E022663-A118-4758-935...

"Can't move the items" message
I imported an outlook.pst file into my current Outlook 2000 and I have doubles and triples of all the entries. When I try to drag and drop an duplicate entry into the wastebasket I get the message "Can't move the items." Any help would be appreciated >-----Original Message----- >I imported an outlook.pst file into my current Outlook >2000 and I have doubles and triples of all the entries. >When I try to drag and drop an duplicate entry into the >wastebasket I get the message "Can't move the items." Any >help would be appreciated >...

A Message For Kevin Panzke
Traumatic brain injury (TBI), also called acquired brain injury or simply head injury, occurs when a sudden trauma causes damage to the brain. TBI can result when the user installs a LINUX based Operating System on his or her computer. Objects soon appear to pierce the skull and brain tissue. Symptoms of a TBI can be mild, moderate, or severe, depending on the extent of the damage to the brain. A person with a mild TBI may remain conscious or may experience a loss of consciousness for a few seconds or minutes. Other symptoms of mild TBI include using Open Source software like OpenO...

font changes in reply's original message
When I "reply" to a message the original message font is changed to "alba super" in some messages. Not all replies do this. What is happening here and how can I change the font used? Using word and outlook 03. Have you checked the option under Mail format to always use my fonts? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jmsdallas asked: | When I "reply" to a message the original message fon...

Outlook Express
I have 'lost' all my email for the last year+ when I updated from Win 98SE to XP Home. I reviewed the MKB article 312359 but I wasn't able to find any .dbx files on my computer using Explorer. The world won't come to an end but I would like to recover all the missing e-mail. Has anyone had this problem and knows how to fix? Thanks. ...

How can a list control respond a tree control message?
I create a list control (CMyList) and a tree control (CMyTree) and want to display different items when the selection changed in the tree control. What I have done is right click my tree control on resource editer and choose 'Add Event Handler...'. I choose TVN_SELCHANGED from Message type and CMyList from Class list. When I run my program and click different item in the tree control, the hangler function in class CMyList does respond it. Could anybody give me some suggestion for coping with the problem? Thanks in advance. Rich I am not sure what you are asking? Do you want a ...

Error message and forced shutdown
Since downloading the Windows Service Pack 3, we have had repeated error messages which force an Outlook shutdown. Code 0x00000cd0 Any patches? Tessa <Tessa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Since downloading the Windows Service Pack 3, we have had repeated > error messages which force an Outlook shutdown. Windows SP3? For what version of Windows? -- Brian Tillman ...