message classes

Is it possible to change the message class of a message via inbox rule so
that it could change from something (such as "Report.IPM.Note.DR") to just
IPM.Note.

I am trying to use inbox rules to move. redirect or forward these "delivery
receipts" and nothing seems to work while unattended (not logged into
mailbox).  So I'd like to somehow change the message class then send it.

any ideas?

0
xgene19 (3)

Rules for external messages
Using Outlook 2007 emails are being delivered from an MS exchange server. I am in a support role and have the following questions regarding Rules. On a managers PC I have created a rule that assigns a Category to any emails with an "@" in the email address except those that are internal to our company "@xxxxx.com". This is so external emails stand out before being opened. This works fine for myself on my laptop but for an admin looking at a managers mailfile the rule only seems to work periodically. Should the rule run from the perspective of an admin who ha...

Message still appears with DisplayAlerts = False & SaveChanges:=Fa
In an Excel 2003 macro, I have 3 workbooks, each of which I close with this code: ActiveWindow.Close SaveChanges:=False This has run for months without incident but now, in each instance, pops up a form entitled "Document modified," with the prompt: "The active document has been changed. Save Changes?" So, I added, before the Close method: "Application.DisplayAlerts = False". The message still appears when it hits the Close. The macro was originally written in Excel 2003 & all the workbooks invloved are Excel 97-2003 .xls files. How...

Disable message: Allow this website to configure...
Hello.. I am looking to see if there is a way to auto-accept and disable the message: "Allow this website to configure user@domain.com server settings" when a user first logs on to Outlook? You would only get this message is the configuration which is supplied is incorrect or the certificate that is being used to publish AutoDiscover on the Exchange server is not trusted (e.g: a self signed certificate). Which method of deploying your Outlook configuration settings are you using and are you indeed working with a trusted certificate? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Out...

Not able to send / receive messages
I am trying to send message / receive . It gets timed out. Is this a new error or has it always happened? Has anything changed on your computer or network? "Chr" <Chr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8658920E-A9BD-4251-A274-DA79AF6869FA@microsoft.com... >I am trying to send message / receive . It gets timed out. This is the first time i am getting this error. I dont remember any change in network or computer. Thank You "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > Is this a new error or has it always happened? Has anything changed on yo...

Changing the default storage limit warning message
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to change the default warning message that is sent when a user is approaching their mailbox quota? We are a small shop that uses the warning as an FYI to users who approach/reach their limit. We would like to modify the warning message that is sent out to be something more user friendly and descriptive, kind of a like a user public service announcement. Is there potentially a registry setting for this or is it all hard coded into the DLL's? Thanks, David Gadoury Mazu Networks, In. For Exchange 2003 (soon) for 2000 and 5.5 none that I know of...

sending outlook messages to another computer on a wireless networ.
Is there any way of forwarding outlook messages from one computer on a wireless network to another. The two computers have different versions of outlook so exporting the .pst file doesn't work? ...

Message to inexistent recipient
Hi I have the following problem: I want that if someone sends me a mail to "wrongname@mydomain" goes to a specific account postmaster or other. But i don't want to receive any NDR only just the mail. Thanks Dexin On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 16:32:01 -0700, "Dexin" <Dexin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have the following problem: >I want that if someone sends me a mail to "wrongname@mydomain" goes to a >specific account postmaster or other. But i don't want to receive any NDR >only just the mail. > >Thanks > >...

Viewing BCC field in Sent Message Box
Greetings, How can I view the BCC field (that I used) of a message in the Sentbox? I currently can not see a bcc section, Thanks In Advance, -Paul Je Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:39:12 -0400, "Paul Pruchnik" <prpruchnik@yahoo.com> skribis: >Greetings, > >How can I view the BCC field (that I used) of a message in the Sentbox? I >currently can not see a bcc section, Did you look at the menu under View? -- Steve M - unspam@hal-pcwax.org.invalid (remove wax and invalid to reply) "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depend...

Why can't you read html messages even after deselecting the downl.
I have deselected the download images box under tools, but my html messages still do not come through and cannot be read. Are there any explainations? Thanks for any help you might be able to offer. You'll have to tell us more about the messages themselves. Have you used the View Source command to examine them? This is Outlook 2003? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Troy" <Troy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Links in email not working message-operation failed
If I try to click on a link in an email I get a message that state this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer please contact your system administrator. I am the administrator and did not have this problem before my computer did an update recently. How do I take this restriction off. Thanks in advance for your help! "mdmeprez" <mdmeprez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D275F482-9ED4-4EC4-9676-CC56F3726C9F@microsoft.com... > If I try to click on a link in an email I get a message that state this > ope...

Error message when opening attachments
I receive the following error when trying to open mail attachments: OUTLOOK.EXE szAppVer: 10.06626.0 szModName:hungapp szModVer:0.0.0.0 I use the install disc to "repair" MS - but error persists. Can anyone assist me? Hi Robert, This issue can occur if the Outlook cache files are corrupt. Please perform the steps below to rename and recreate them: Step1: Rename Cache files =============== Perform a search on your computer to find the following files: extend.dat outcmd.dat frmcache.dat views.dat NOTE: Some of them may not exist, but it should not matter. You may also need ...

Error Message: Page needed to close down, ....
Hi: After opening 'Home Page,' error message popping up in the middle of the screen saying, ... 'Page needed to close down, ... and whether I want to send this message to Microsoft, either 'send it' or 'not send it.' After closing it down, I need to start all over again to open 'Home Page.' After that, everything running normal without seeing 'error messsage.' This erratic behavior occurs mostly during nights, ... rarely happens during morning-hours before going to work. Just wondering what's wrong with it? Any help on this ...

"thorconnwndclass" not responding message
I have had nothing but trouble the last week with this one. when I load outlook the cpu usage goes to 100% and stays there almost locking up my pc. when I try to shut down outlook I get thorconnwndclass not responding message. what can I do?? I am ready to chuck it all. ...

can't locate "save message as" folder.
I received an email requesting I go online and complete a survey. I did so, and due to having to stop what I was doing, I clicked on File and then clicked on Save file and requested it save what I had completed of the survey. When I went back and tried to find it, or access it, I was unable to do so. I seem to be missing something as to how the computer works. Any suggestions? Hi, William. This happens often. (Yes, to me, too, sometimes.) It's usually because we specify to Save or Save As, but don't bother to look at the screen that tells us WHERE the file will...

Confirmation Message
I have Outlook set to ask for a confirmation when the receiver reads my message. It always does when I send a message to individuals. But when I send a message to everybody on our network, it does not, EVEN THOUGH it used to. Anybody know why? dancer wrote: > I have Outlook set to ask for a confirmation when the receiver reads > my message. > It always does when I send a message to individuals. > But when I send a message to everybody on our network, it does not, > EVEN THOUGH it used to. > Anybody know why? Because, I wager, your exchange admin unchecked the "Rep...

How to detect if a message is deleted (IMAP)
For an Outlook (2003) add-in, I want to know whether a given (IMAP) message is deleted or not (in case it is deleted I call a method A, else a method B). Is there any way to find the delete status of a message? I tried OutlookSpy but didn't find any property or method... Thanks, Keno ...

Error message: Just-In-Time Debugger.
I have a program that sometimes crashes. When it does, an error message appears that is titled: "Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger". The error says that there is no installed just in time debugger installed. Is there a way to stop this message from appearing? I'd prefer if the program just terminated. > I have a program that sometimes crashes. When it does, an error message > appears that is titled: "Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger". The error > says that there is no installed just in time debugger installed. > > Is there a way to stop this...

Intelligent Message Filter (IMF) & trusted contacts
Hi, all. We have Exchange 2003 SP1 running on Windows 2003 (non-SP1) with IMF v1 in place and working well. However, we noticed a difference with regards to users' contact entries and the handling of IMF-scored messages. The vast majority of our users still use Outlook XP as their Exchange client. Most of these mailboxes were migrated from Exchange 5.5 some time ago. We noticed that Outlook (or Exchange, for that matter) leaves messages with a high SCL in some users' Inboxes that would otherwise go into their Junk E-mail folders. Apparently, this is because the given user has a...

how to create message map dynamically
Hi, all, I have created check box button dynamically in the code as follows: while(fgets(Line, LINE_LEN, pApiFile) != NULL) { if(!strncmp(Line, "API:", 4)) { GetDll(Line, DllName)) cDllName[nDllCount] = new CButton(); cDllName[nDllCount]->Create(DllName, BS_CHECKBOX | WS_VISIBLE, CRect(CheckBoxLeft, CheckBoxTop + nDllCount * 38, CheckBoxRight, CheckBoxBottom + nDllCount * 30), ...

Error message when trying to open an assigned task
I have users who are assigned tasks into their Outlook 2000 inbox. However when they try to open them they get the error message; Can't open this item. The property does not exist. The field you want to modify is not valid for this type of item. I have searched Technet for this error but only got one hit and that was to do with Outlook 98 and contacts so was not relevant. Any help on this would be appreciated. ...

AOL messages being deleted
I set up a message rule that will automatically delete messages that are from people who are not on my Contacts list, but I continually find messages from people who ARE on my Contacts list in my Deleted Items folder. The only thing they all have in common is that they all have AOL email addresses. Has anybody else had this problem? If so, how do I fix it? Thank you! ...

CFile class newbie question
Hi I've got the following code for the constructor of a class that I've derived from CFile. It is in a project that I've created using ATL COM AppWizard, with MFC support. So it's using ATL *and* MFC. However when I try to write to the file, it asserts in the first line of the CFile::Write class, on the line: ASSERT (m_hFile != hFileNull) so I decided to put this test in my own class so I could check for it - my code is as follows: CBMPFileInternal::CBMPFileInternal(LPCTSTR lpszFilename) { try { CFile::CFile(lpszFilename, CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeWrite | CFile...

messages downloaded multiple times
I am having a problem where my messages are getting dowloaded from the server multiple times. The problem is described at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;Q317945 I followed the instructions and upgraded to SP2 but it did not fix the problem. I have 20+ copies of all messages in my inbox. It only started doing this about a week ago and worked fine before that. ...

subform error message about automation object
I have a subform that lets me edit existing records with no problem. When I attempt to type the first character in a new record (any field) I get the message "the object doesn't contain the automation object 'Project.'" Project is a table used in the subform. When I close the message I can proceed with the data entry and the record is saved just fine. There are no macros or VB code involved in this form or subform. I want this to keep working just as it is -- but without the error message! Any suggestions? This usually occurs if there is an equal sign procee...

messages in my queues from<>
I just noticed that I had about ten messages in my Outbound messages awaiting delivery. In the Originator field it just has <>. Does any one know what this is? Is there any way I can read these messages? TIA Josh this are delivery reports sent by your server... "Josh Sawyer" <jsawyeratinsightbbdotcom> wrote in message news:eJbM%23VK3EHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I just noticed that I had about ten messages in my Outbound messages > awaiting delivery. In the Originator field it just has <>. Does any one > know what this is? Is there any way ...