merging archive files

Does anyone know how or if you can merge two different
archive files in Outlook 2003?

Tony <armbrustertj@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know how or if you can merge two different
> archive files in Outlook 2003?

Open them both in Outlook and drag items from one to the other.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
2/24/2004 9:27:19 PM
Hi ,

The simplest way would be to import all the data from one archive pst into
another .

Hope this Helps !!!

Regards,

Sudharson.AN

"Tony" <armbrustertj@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how or if you can merge two different
> archive files in Outlook 2003?

0
meetsudhar (181)
2/24/2004 9:30:21 PM
Sudharson AN <meetsudhar@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The simplest way would be to import all the data from one archive pst
> into another .

Never import when you can avoid it.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Saving a file opened via a hyperlink
I have tried to fix this problem by searching the net and I can't find anything - this is a big cockup by MS - why on earth can't you save (or 'save as') files opened up via a hyperlink? D'uh - hello you guys!!! ...

saving Pub 2003 file to version 2002 won't work, help
A co-worker received a brochure via email that is Pub. ver 2003 that she could not open. (she has 2002) I had her forward, I opened and tried to save as ver 2002 but it fails. Any ideas? Publisher 2002 will open 2003 files and vice versa. Ask your co-worker if she has Norton? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KMJ" <KMJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A9DBE4C-45C9-4DBE-B499-E2F2EB523AE6@microsoft.com... >A co-worker received a brochure via email that is Pub. ver 2003 that she &...

XL2007: File/Application Close behavior #2
So, for 25 years or whatever, if you clicked on the red "X" in the upper right corner of the window of any Microsoft application, it would close all open files and then close the application itself. And if you wanted to close just the immediate document, you clicked on the "X" at the top of the document's window, not the application's window. On my system (XP) though, XL2007 appears to behave differently. The application window "X" performs the same function as the document window "X" - it just closes the immediate document window. Is there s...

How to rename files retrieved from CListBox ans stored into an array???
Hi. It's a simple procedure but I'm having probems. I retrieve the selected items in the listbox. What I want to to is rename the selected files with a sequential number added to each file by clicking a button. Currently it only renames the first file in the array. I don't see a problem with the loop but something's wrong. Here's my code: void CRenamerDlg::OnBrenameselectedfiles() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here // Get only the files selected CString szItem; int i, size = m_FileList.GetSelCount(); int *array = new int[size]; m_Fil...

newsletter mail merge
I need to produce 1600 newsletters on a konica biz hub using publisher 2007 running windows XP pro. I am using pitney bowes smart mailer for my mail merge. this results in 1,600 individual jobs and the color newletter is quite large so it takes about 5 minutes per newsletter to send it to the printer. I would like to sent the newsletter once and have the Konica insert the mail merge into each newletter page needing the address information. I have been told there is a 3rd party plug in that will do that for publisher. Bob Kirk Help here Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.m...

attachment file size dilemna
I have adjusted the registry settings for the maxuploadfilesize attribute for both the server and client sides (by adding an extra zero so that it should increase from 5MB to 50Mb) yet still when i try to upload sales data or email attachments it comes up with the error msg: The attachment is too large and cannot be opened. Has anyone a fix? You might want to check with your Exchange Administrator for the max file size limit set on emails. "phil" <phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3B88790-FA21-42B4-8396-4085B6D2D530@microsoft.com... >I have adj...

Where can I download a MS Office file called SKU011.CAB?
I have a 9 month old PC which came preloaded with MS Office 2003. I have used Excel previously with no problem. I have tried to open a document today and the program but Windows Installer appears and at the end of its routine tells me it cannot proceed as it cannot finf a file called 'SKU011.CAB'. Is it possible to download this to my PC from the MS server(s) or other location. I do not have the original disks from the PC supplier. ...

merge named ranges ?
I have a sheet with data in column A, e.g. rows 1 to 100 all have data, but row 10 to 30 need to be excluded because invalid (but are not empry!). This column of data is dynamically growing with valid and invalid data. I can define 2 ranges, from 1-9, 31-100 and perfectly make average over all ranges together with formula =AVERAGE(range1,range2). In time, more ranges need to be defined based on number of invalid data not included for analysis. However, there's a few commands I can't use, e.g. countif (range1,range2,">40"). How can I solve this problem ? keep on makin...

Mail merge into WORD problem
I want to export (mailmerge) lots of sets of series of rows from an EXCEL spreadsheet into a table in WORD. Each time I do this each separate row in the s'sheet appears as the top line of a new table on separate pages instead of filling the contents of a table on a single page. Any ideas? Cheers, B B For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 22:0...

Sound files intefere with slide transition
I have a PowerPoint presentation containing detailed animations, timing, slide transitions etc. The presentation runs smoothly, however when I add my sound file, the slide transitions do not operate. Each individual page and it's animations will work, but the slide transitions will not. I've tried everything I know to fix the issue and the only thing that seems to work is to remove the sound file. (The sound file IS inserted from the presentation folder containing all related files and I have also "linked the sounds with file size greater than 50000kb in the To...

Command Bar Id for File -> Archive...
Trying to remove access to the manual archive through Group Policy. Is there any database for these Command Bar ID's? thanks! If you don't want to write your own code to recurse the Explorer.CommandBars and Inspector.CommandBars collections, you can use either the CommandBars Browser or Outlook Spy tools listed at http://wwwoutlookcode.com/d/vb.htm#tools -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "gstein" <gstein@discussion...

Anyone know how to read the MNY file?
I am trying to write a report (actually it's a "running total" bill) and Money will not do it. If I knew how to read the file I could write my own report and get what I want. Thanks, Tom P. In microsoft.public.money, Henry Padilla wrote: >I am trying to write a report (actually it's a "running total" bill) and >Money will not do it. > >If I knew how to read the file I could write my own report and get what I >want. See http://www.ultrasoft.com/MoneyLink/download.shtml The standard reports are pretty limited. I usually run the most gene...

Archive and Newsgroup
Message also posted in Outlook General Hello there, New to Exchange Server 2003. One of my users tried to archive his email and somehow it ended up in the folder 'Internet Newsgroups' within 'All Public Folders'. I would like to figure out/know the following: 1. Any idea how this happened (he does not remember what he did and I have been unable to repeat the process)? 2. How do I move the messages in the 'Internet Newsgroups' folder back to his email? 3. What is the proper way to archive emails? 4. How do I prevent this or something similar from happening ag...

File Not Found #6
I have combined several workbooks into one to make a menu driven Excel program to simplify all of our daily and weekly paperwork tasks. Now every time that I open the program, I get a file not found box that is wanting me to locate one of the files that some of the pages came from. The program works fine without finding the page, I just want to eliminate the error box popping up every time. How do I find the "link" that is requiring the old workbook to update it and get rid of this pop up? You can download Bill Manville's findlink http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/MVPPage.asp ...

Shared File
Excel 2007 I have an Excel file that is [Shared] I would like to change the password on this file, but it will not let me. How do I change this file so it is not shared? And is this what is stopping me from changing the password? Sharing a s/s does not require a password. To unshare select Review on the ribbon and then in the Changes box you will see options for protecting and sharing. On the editing tab check the box "Allow changes .. etc" Is the s/s protected? That's usually where you will find it is password protected. "Canon" wrote: > ...

Retrieving tooltiptext values from an xml file
Hi All, I am working with an asp.net application. My client wants the tooltiptext for the controls to be displayed from an xml file. Creating an Xml file is not a problem. How can I proceed further to retrieve the values from the Xml file and assign them to the tooltiptext property of the web controls ? Please give me a solution to accomplish this task with minimum code. Thanks in advance. Regards, S.Ramalingam Ram wrote: > Hi All, > > I am working with an asp.net application. My client wants the > tooltiptext for the controls to be displayed from an xml file. Cr...

Preferred import file format
I am working with a trial version of Money 2007, testing some file import options. I've discovered, via this newsgroup and other sources, that Money has some limitations in how it imports categories and subcategories. I believe I saw that Money can import both .qif and .ofx files. Does an .ofx file import offer more options for importing category and subcategory data? In microsoft.public.money, David B wrote: >I am working with a trial version of Money 2007, testing some file import >options. I've discovered, via this newsgroup and other sources, that Money >has some l...

Archive the wrong email?
I want the Outlook 2003 to archive all the emails in one subfolder of inbox where the date is older than today. It ended up archiving the last three months item and left all the items older than three months sitting there. Why Microsoft doesn't have a place for Bug report? I think you have to tell Outlook how you want to archive your emails. Go to TOOLS |Options | Other and choose the autoarchive button. There is a place there where you can set which emails to archive. Hope this helps. Pat >-----Original Message----- >I want the Outlook 2003 to archive all the emails in...

How to convert xls files to csv for garmin poi loading
HI, I'm having trouble loading the poi's on my garmin c330. I have an exel file and I want to convert it to csv. Also, do I have to put a header on each column? what is the best way to convert to xls file to .csv so that I can load it to my garmin gps? Anybody? please help. -- Edy http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/support -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2639EF6C-E8D8-4D90-968C-FE61E4CD2C66@microsoft.com... > HI, > > I'm having trouble loading the poi's on my garmin c330. I...

delay in opening an excel file in excel2007 from the explorer wind
I have a peculiar problem with excel 2007 in one of my pc's. When I try to open an excel file from an explorer window, it takes a long, long time for the workbook to open. This is true both for xlsx and xls files. However, if I first open the application excel 2007 and then open the excel file from within the application menu, then the workbook opens without a delay. What could be the reason for this odd behaviour? I have looked into the settings and tried to figure out the reason for this odd behaviour. Without much success so far. I would be grateful if I can get help in ...

logging to text file and opening at end of program
Hi, I'm using a utility class to provide debugging notes during program run to see where things are happening. ....in class Util.vb..... Public Sub Logentry(ByVal strMsg As String) If m_Debug Then File.AppendAllText(m_DebugFileName, strMsg + Environment.NewLine) End If End Sub Sub OpenDebugLog() Process.Start(m_DebugFileName) End Sub .............................. then in program call logentry at points of interest... at end of program call OpenDebugLog ....in file program.vb... Protected Overrides Sub Finalize() m_util.OpenDebugLog() m_u...

All mail missing in pst file after decrypt
I have decrypt the pst file on a notebook, after decrypt and when I open the file in Outlook 2000, the pst file is empty with zero kb. When I look at the acutal file size, it is over 900mb. I have tried using scanpst but still does not help. Anyone can help with this problem urgently ? Appreciate your help ...

Converting into a small html file
I have a list, made with Excel 2003, of about 600 items. If I create a pdf, I get a small 35 kb file. However, I'd rather create a html file. The point is, when I make excel save the file as html, the output is a heavy 350 kb file! Plus, it also creates a directory with some stuff that html file apparetnly needs. Instead, I would like to create a small html stand-alone file, wich requires no additional directories nor files. Is there an easy way to do it? How can the html file be more than 10 times bigger than the pdf? Hi Zio, My guess is that you would probably be creating about ...

EPS files
As suggested by many I have created EPS files with Tiff preview at Level 3 Ascii from PDFs. However even with the preview, the files appear blank in Publisher. I know they are there becuase when I distill back to PDF all are fine. Is there something in Publisher 2003 that I need to enable to see the files? Thanks Frank wrote: > As suggested by many I have created EPS files with Tiff preview at Level 3 > Ascii from PDFs. However even with the preview, the files appear blank in > Publisher. I know they are there becuase when I distill back to PDF all are > fine. Is there som...

validating company id against the source file
Version: GP Integration Manager 9.0 We have several different companies and the database id exist as a column in the source file. When we import, we want to make sure that these two match - and if not - then cancel the integration. Is there any way to figure out the company you are logged in before we run the integration manager? The problem is how do I get the input from GP saying what company it has running? Thanks, VJ you can use retrieveglobals9.dll to retrieve the company and even use that as a query criteria. Use this code in the Before integration script: ' Initialize glob...