Merge split up threads in conversation view?

Hi all,

I use the conversation view in Outlook 2003 for a high volume mailing list.
Quite often Outlook seems to loose some parts of a thread and opens a new
conversation for it. Is there a way to make Outlook aware of to which thread
I want the messages belong to? I have tried to adjust the subject of the
mails if they where different but without success. Also drag and drop does
not work. Is there another way to force some messages into an existing
conversation?

Best regards,
Reiner.

No. Outlook uses index properties that some mail clients remove so it starts
a new conversation.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Reiner Buehl" <reiner_buehl@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I use the conversation view in Outlook 2003 for a high volume mailing
> list.
> Quite often Outlook seems to loose some parts of a thread and opens a new
> conversation for it. Is there a way to make Outlook aware of to which
> thread
> I want the messages belong to? I have tried to adjust the subject of the
> mails if they where different but without success. Also drag and drop does
> not work. Is there another way to force some messages into an existing
> conversation?
>
> Best regards,
> Reiner.

0
msnews1660 (730)

In Activity Views add the name of the recipient/required/optional
In Activity Views add the name of the recipient (calls) and the name of the required and optional person (appointment). The same goes for activity reports ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dg...

Merging different spreadsheets
I have a spreadsheet of 15,000 rows. I have another sub-set spreadsheet of around 5,000 rows. The sub-set contains more current information that needs to be merged into the master 15,000 row file. There is a key, Application Number. We are running Excel 2002 SP3. What is the best way to go about doing this??? Thanks in advance for your help. Are the new records going to replace the equivalent records in the old sheet? If so, then you can add this formula in a blank column of the old sheet: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,new!$A$1:$A$5000,1,0)),"unique","duplicate") and copy it...

I ask question for the thread
Hello all: If my PC's CPU is only single,I think my codes need not been written by thread.But i find a lot of codes is written by thread,why?Thanks. Lee Tow wrote: > Hello all: > If my PC's CPU is only single,I think my codes need not > been written by thread.But i find a lot of codes is written by > thread,why?Thanks. Lee Tow: Because the author wants the work to be done in the background without freezing the GUI. Windows is a multi-tasking OS, and all running threads get a share of the CPU (s). -- David Wilkinson Visual C++ MVP The number of CPUs has...

How do I merge two columns without losing data?
If I want to split a column in two, I know I can use the Text to Column feature. How can I go from two columns to one without losing data in the merge? One way =CONCATENATE(A1,B1) Ian --- "Caseybay" <Caseybay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D860F83-00D5-446D-AAA5-BE938DF3C1BF@microsoft.com... > If I want to split a column in two, I know I can use the Text to Column > feature. How can I go from two columns to one without losing data in the > merge? =a1&b1 or =a1&" "&b1 (use a helper column of formulas.) Caseybay wrote...

Quick question on posting messages to modal dialogs from other threads
Ok, I've got a modal dialog box up in the main GUI thread. Is it possible to post to it from a worker thread if I have a pointer? If so, are there any things I should watch out for besides race conditions? More information: I'm having to rebuild an entire database when a user opens certain formats of our document. On small files, this is fine, however, when it's a large file, this can take a few minutes. In the old version, this would cause the application to appear frozen. I'm wanting to create a modal dialog box, launch a worker thread with the pointer to that dialog box, a...

Some queries of User Interface Thread
Hello All Recently I started working on User Interface thread , But certain things are quite confusing. Hope I will get some clarification from all of you. 1: The thread does not receive user message sent by PostThreadMessage when I am doing some lengthy operation in Run() method (overrided Run() function ) , Can you tell me why it is so ? I have written a handler for user defined message, But it's of no use when I am doing lengthy operation in Run(). 2: I read that the Run() function provides a default message loop for user interface thread. How Run() function works internally ? How it...

Interactive Table Cells after PDF Conversion
I have several tables in my Publisher 2003 document. I would like to have the top row of cells be "interactive"; my customers need to be able to insert a letter and a number in the top of each cell to specify their product. No calculations needs, just straight typing. So, in other words, can my top row of cells in the table be specified as "unlocked" (can't think of another word for it) for changes, even after it has been converted to PDF? Thanks, Donna Donna <u20724@uwe> was very recently heard to utter: > I have several tables in my Publisher 2003 do...

Conversion issue
I have taken over the development of an application that the previous developer used Access 2003 to develop an application for a user with Access 2000. Once he had written enough code to test, he would convert the mdb file to version 2000 for testing on the client's machines. It worked fine for a while. Now when I try to run certain reports in Access 2000, the Access window shuts down whenever it hits the report object. I can get to the reports design view in Access 2003 but not in 2000. If I try to design, preview or open the report object in 2000 the Access window shuts down ...

Icons in Report view of CListCtrl?
Hello Can I display an icon in any column of a CListCtrl Report view? So far, I've only managed to display an icon in the first column and I wondered if this was a restriction? Also. How easy is it to place a general mfc control within a pane of a Report view - eg a checkbox? Thanks Des Hello, The CListCtrl as standard can only show an icon in the first column and can't show any other controls inside either. But, there are ways around it, and thats to use a different class like this one, that uses owner drawing etc... http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/xlistctrl.asp Hope t...

print view & print, in excel, different size cells
When I print (or view preview print) sometimes information that is in a cell is cut off, or extended. While I am working on the page I formate the cell how I want it, like say I have the word "Coummunity" in the First cell and have it formated to center or wrap or shrink to fit..... I stretch the cell so the whole word will fit, but when I print it, it might have Coummuni on one line and ty wrapped. Or if I have two or three words in a cell that is formated to wrap and while I am looking at it all three words are stacked, the way I want them, say on three lines, but when it...

Socket Create fails when called in a secondary thread spawned in a
Hi, I have an application connected to a Dll. The Application and the Dll both have a thread each. The thread in the Application calls a function in the dll which in turn calls the Dlls thread function and tries to create a socket. Here this Socket create call fails. Both the Application and the Dll are statically linked to the MFC Library. II have call AfxSocketInit function in each initinstance of each thread and this does not have a problem. Can anyone help with this problem.... ...

Custom entity mail merge including tasks
Hello all, I have a custom entity which I have modified so that i can mail merge from it which is great, unfortuantley one part of the mail merge is that I want to show the history eg tasks completed... Is there a way of accessing tasks within an enitity to display in a mail merge? Regards Ian HI, One possibility is that you can use our Third-Party Addon ( Documents Core Pack for MS CRM 4.0). With this Add-On it is possible to get all related data into your Word-Documents. There are many more features included, if you are interested look on our homepage or contact me directly. ...

file conversion #2
If I intall money 2003 over money 2000 will the files stay intact and convert to 2003 version In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If I intall money 2003 over money 2000 will the files >stay intact and convert to 2003 version The Money file will convert. The word "intact" is not one I would use here, altho Money will save a copy of the Money 2000 version of the file. You could also install to a different folder, and have both versions on the computer for a while. File associations are with the last-installed. ...

Current Views drop down menu cannot be rearranged ? (pic included)
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/1090/currentviewdropdownmenuld4.jpg I've created some custom views but it seems I cannot rearrange the menu so the ones that I use are on top part of the menu. Anybody know any reg hacks for this menu ? It would be nicer if i could just drag the buttons to a toolbar and not require the drop down menu at all. I'm not sure why this isn't a feature since it exist in a bunch of other software that I use. AFAIK, it is not possible to put custom views above the defaults. you can put the view list in the navigation pane and avoid the menu, but that...

No Design View in my mdb
Hi I have a split db with an mde file created for deployment to multi-users...but while I was away for the holidays the file became corrupted. I can still open the mde file, but the mdb file (front-end) opens without design options on my forms. The BE is fine. Is there anything I can do about this? Thanks for taking the time to read this Probably not, especially if you have code in the MDE. There are a few services that can kind of duplicate what you've done, but they are expensive. Do you have a design view in a new empty MDB? If so, try importing all the objec...

How can I recieve and view My Americal Online Mail in Outlook 200.
I am trying to use outlook 2002 to view my AOL Mailbox offline, so that i can synchronize it with a PDA. More specifically, how do I view my AOL mail offline, and then link this account to a Pocket PC (HP IPAQ 4705). I cant seem to 1) view my AOL Mail in Outlook 2002, and 2) link my Outlook 2002 Mailbox with my Pocket PC version of Outlook. Any suggestions? Much appreciated. "Jon E" <Jon E@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A42AA93-56F0-42CB-BDB6-2CB68CF1B765@microsoft.com... > I am trying to use outlook 2002 to view my AOL Mailbox offline, so that ...

Quicken Conversion
I'm have a problem converting a Quicken03 file in Money 04. The response is that I may not have enough memory or disk space to creat the file. I'm operating with WinXP, 384MB memory and 15GB of available disk space. I stopped or removed programs running in the background and have been able to increase the avialable memory to 330. Still same response. The Quicken file that I'm trying to convert is 13MB. Another Quicken file that I was able to convert without any problem was 9.1MB however, after the conversion, the money file is 86MB in size. Is this normal. Thanks in advan...

Mail Merge with Access Report (with grouping levels)
Hi, I have two tables in Access 2003 with a one-to-many relationship, in an access report the grouping works, how do I make this work in a Word 2003 mail merge? The following are not my tables but an example of what I am trying to achieve, where the relationship is 1 to many from Orders to OrderItems: Table 1 - Orders OrderID Date SalesPerson Table 2 - OrderItems ItemID Description QTY Value *OrderID On the 1 Page word document I want to print display as follows This is your <Order ID> on <Date>. Your Salesperson was <Salesperson>. Here is a list of your Items: <...

2 contact lists within a subfolder can't be viewed
We created a folder in Outlook 2003 that holds 2 contact lists to be shared by multiple staff members. We gave the person who has the Exchange 2003 mailbox owner rights, and all the others have reviewer rights to the mailbox. They each also have reviewer rights to the subfolder and each of the contact lists within in. They can see the subfolder, but can't access either of the contact lists. Thanks for your help. what do they see? anything? "lovembsc" <lovembsc@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1161369651.947053.78220@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We created a ...

A new conversion problem...
Not too long ago I posted with a couple of questions about converting Access 97 to 2000... at the time I got some help and thought all was well... more fool me, now other people here are coming to me for help... Currently I'm attempting to convert an access '97 file ... I've created a new database and imported all the fields ... everything works fine in '97 So I copy my new database to a local drive... the file is 825 Meg the partition on the Local drive is 4 Gig. When I attempt to convert the file either by opening it from explorer or by choosing the tools from Access it ...

Catalog Merge Questions- Data with a table
I am trying to merge a catalog. The problem I have is that there is a table in the data. Main Data - ITEM (SHIRT) Price Sub Data - Part No Description 001 Red Color 002 Blue Color Is there a way for publisher to merge all the products and for each products add a table indicating the Part No and Description? Please advice. Thanks. Is all the subdata within the record? Or are you calling another table for the information? If the latter, you will need to do a data merge to create one file with all the item info ...

Conversions #4
I need to know how to convert a number with decimals (10.75) to display in feet and inches (10'-9") in an Excel workbook. Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#carpentry In article <47BCBD75-0C72-45DF-98EF-3C0E5125E503@microsoft.com>, "Curious" <Curious@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to know how to convert a number with decimals (10.75) to display > in feet and inches (10'-9") in an Excel workbook. ...

Conversion from Money 2003 to Quicken 2010
I have many years worth of financial data on Money 2003 and need to convert to Quicken 2010. The import tool in Quicken only works on Monaey 2007 and 2008 versions. The website recommended downloading a free tiral version of one of those in order to save my data into an appropriate version. The problem is, the free download trial versions aren't avaiable anymore because Money is being discontinued. What can I do? Carry on using M2003. It won't stop working just because MS no longer make new versions. OK you can't download directly from your bank(s), but there are wa...

Merging 2 files
Hi all, I have 2 workbooks that are similar to the structure below. Workbook 1 Workbook 2 ColA Col B ColC || ColA Col B ColC A Desciption of A 1 || A Desciptio of A 3 B Desciption of B 2 || C Desciptio of C 2 C Desciption of C 1 || D Desciptio of D 3 Is there any way that I can combine the two of these to resemble th following. ColA Col B ColC ColD A Descip...

How to mail merge multiple rows in one document 03-11-10
Hi, I have a worksheet that lists subscribers of a service. It looks something like this: Organization Name Title Email ACME CO. Smith, Sam CEO ssmith@acme.com ACME CO. Jones, Bill Staff bjones@acme.com Each organization has one president and multiple staff members listed (between 1 and 5 staff members). I want to email each president, through mail merge, and give them a list of all the current subscribers from their organization (data from other rows in the worksheet). Is this possible to do (using Office 2...