Menu Options on File

I have Outlook 2000 working in Win2k with all the service
paks installed. On my File menu I have a Backup menu
option that allows me to back up my .pst files at pre-
defined interavals.  I have Outlook installed on WinXP
Home and it does not give me the backup option.  Is there
something that can be set in Outlook on the XP system to
give me that menu item?
0
anonymous (74722)

Using a button to copy contents of one file into another.
I have a form with 2 address physical address and Mailing address. Frequently the two are the same thing. So I want to have a button that copies the data across. Private Sub cmdCopy_Click() Me.Address2.Text = Me.Address1 Me.cboSuburb2.Text = Me.cboSuburb1.Text Me.State2.Text = Me.State1.Text End Sub Does not work I get an error 2185 that says "You can't reference a property or method of a control if the control does not have focus" Any ideas? On 20/03/2010 11:42 PM, Avid Fan wrote: > I have a form with 2 address physical address...

When I press key DX of the Mouse puts to us approximately 7 second ones to visualize the options
Hi When I press key DX of the Mouse puts to us approximately 7 second ones to visualize the options single in Outlook 6. All it is happened after the modernization of Windows Update of August. Thanks. Are you refering to Outlook Express 6, since there's no Outlook 6? If so, you might want to check in the microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress newsgroup. http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups If that group isn't carrie...

Anyone know how to set accelerator text for menu commands?
I have created a menu with text like this: "Do something\tCtrl+Left Arrow" When I run the program, this gets output in the menu as "Do something CTRL+NUM 4" Either Windows or the MFC has detected the accelerator and changed the text of the accelerator part of the menu command for me - i.e. "Ctrl+Left Arrow" has somehow become "CTRL+NUM 4". But I don't want this text. I prefer what I had. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? TIA Simon I can't see how it could possibly know what text you had there. It looks like it...

Attachment Is Path Not File
I have two users running Outlook 2002 on an IMAP server (IE 6x, WinXP) with the same problem. When they attach a file to a message, it is actually the path to the file, not the file itself. Any ideas? Carole <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have two users running Outlook 2002 on an IMAP server > (IE 6x, WinXP) with the same problem. When they attach a > file to a message, it is actually the path to the file, > not the file itself. Any ideas? Exactly how do they try to include the attachment? What message format are they using? -- Brian Tillman ...

How can i create in one cell scroll-down different options?
Hi there I am working in excel and I would like to create like a menu/scroll-down in one cell with different options (like including kind of transport, train, airplane, car, etc...) where you have an arrow on the right side and you can choose one of the options given. Thanks for your help. You can use Data Validation to create dropdown lists. There are instructions in Excel's help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Francisco wrote: > Hi there > I am working in excel and I would like to create like a menu/scroll-down in > one cell with different op...

How to extract a word from a text file
I need help to create a small batch script /procedure that extracts a piece of information from a text file: -Skipp first two lines in a file -Extract a piece of text from the 11-th character until the first blank / space character and store it into an environment variable. - Compare this info against a constant Any examples ideas please ? TIA Please post your query here: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript hth "TIA" <TIA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:416630B6-8A60-4B7E-AB50-1818361CEA66@microsoft.com......

Backup .pst files #2
Hi, I have around 20 users running Outlook 2000 all with their own .pst files held locally on either PCs or laptops. I would like to move these .pst files to a central server so that they are backed up every night. The problem with this is that if the server goes down or a laptop is moved off site, they don't see their email untill they are reconnected to the server. Is there a way to have their .pst file on the server and held locally and any changes are made to both copies. Also, if a user goes off site and sends/receives new email, can these changes to their local .pst file be replica...

Hyperlink with #
Hi! Encountered err "Cannot open the specified file" when hyperlink path consists of "#", example "C:\My document\1# Pictures\Picture1.gif" how to overcome this; but do not want to rename folder name as there are too many. ...

Double-Clicking a cell for Multiple Options
I recently came across a spreadsheet where a cell was double clicked for the multiple options to become available. This was similar to a drop-down list, but there was no drop down list!! Confused? An example... The cell currently shows a value of "A". I double-click on this cell ... the cell changes to "B". The new value is not random, but coming from a pick list or a pre-determined list. Does anybody know how such a feature is created? Regards, andym If you rightclick on that cell and choose "Pick from DropDown List" do you get the same effect? If yes, ...

Transform xsl file into xml file
Hi all I have an xsl file and would like to transform it into an xml file. The same way as if i would open the xsl file in excel and then save as... xml file (Office 2003). is there a way to do it in c#(or whatever else) in visual studio .net? and how can i then transform it back from xml into an xsl file? thanks for your help m.ahrens m.ahrens wrote: > I have an xsl file and would like to transform it into an xml file. The same > way as if i would open the xsl file in excel and then save as... xml file > (Office 2003). ??? XSL document is XML document. Do you need just to ...

QIF file not recognized in M2006 Deluxe
Had 2005 Deluxe running along with the 2006 Trial and QIF importing worked fine. Purchased 2006 Deluxe, uninstalled 2005 and completed the upgrade from 2006 trial to full 2006 Deluxe. My bank uses the old OFC format for Money, so I am forced to use QIF to import my downloaded info. Tonight, for the first time, after downloading the QIF file, I get a message saying, roughly, that the file type is not recognized, pick a program to open it with. The QIF is downloaded to my desktop and no longer has a Money Icon associated with it. It worked with the M2006 Trial edition just fine. Ide...

Outlook won't open and can't find my .pst file after XP crash
Windows XP crashed on my computer and I could not repair it so instead i installed xp again on the same partition hoping that I would be able to just copy all the files i wanted out of my old install of xp into the new and then delete the old. so far this has worked fine except for Outlook 2000. I re-installed it from Microsoft Office2000 Small Business but it will not open (I get a "The operation failed message") and I cannot find my old .pst file anywhere in the old install. Please help. To find your old .pst file, you need to enable viewing hidden and system folders in t...

proforma option
I now use office 2007 in work and at home but I am having a number of teething problems with it in that it seems far less intuitive to me. My current issue is that I want to produce a word document which would have key information within the text based on entries I enter on to an access form. I used to do this in previous versions of access by creating a form and linking it to a word document I had left in the ‘pages’ tab (between reports and macros). I can’t seem to find the pages option in the ribbons. Can this still be done? If not is there a quick solution? All I need to...

No "Direct Debit" Option in Money 2006?
Ok, I just went through a disastrous upgrade from 2005 and ended up starting from scratch. Wee. I am setting up my transactions and for some reason, I can't see "Direct Debit" in the list of options in Payment Method field. What's up? Money 2005 used to have it, why not in 2006? :DG< Nevermind. You need to switch to "Advanced Bills" to see it. Why does it have to be so complicated? Sheesh. <dimitri.glazkov@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146361687.097652.128970@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Nevermind. You need to switch to "Advanced B...

Missing Tools Menu Item
Home Use Program installed Office Pro 2003 and is missing the Tools menu item to restore deleted items. Anyone experience this or know what to do? This option only exists when you are connected to an Exchange server -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Pam B." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:037201c49137$67bb6660$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Home Use Program installed Office Pro 2003 and is missing > the To...

file and folder help. Please :)
Hi I have a list of files in an excel sheet in the first column I would like to know is there a way I can get excel to search for these files by giving it a dirctory and then it would copy the files to a directory I set, so say I have the following in an excel document 15632.dxf 55555.dxf 95854.dxf now they are under directory X and the directory I want them to be copier to is XX is there a way to do this, I would appreciate any help Thanks. Ali Aliandro, Sub CopyFiles() Range("A2").Select ' starting cell Do While Selection <> "" FileCopy "C:\x\&q...

Microsoft Outlook/Word AutoCorrect File Errors
Microsoft Outlook/Word AutoCorrect File Errors Upon opening Microsoft Outlook and Word, I get the following AutoCorrect file errors. “Your AutoCorrect file, symbolsMSO1033.acl, could not be saved. The file may be read-only, or you may not have permission to modify the file.” I click the “OK” button and receive the following message. “Your AutoCorrect file, FICE12\1033\MSO.ACLMSO1033.acl, could not be saved. The file may be read-only, or you may not have permission to modify the file.” I click the “OK” button. If I close the Outlook or Word apps., I get the following m...

Using accelerators in a dialog menu
In a MFC dll I have a simple dialog consisting only of a multiline rich edit box and a menu. One of the dropdown menu choices is to Search the contents of the edit box with Find, Next and Previous options. All is working fine but then I thought I would like to add function key accelerators for next (F3) and previous (Shift+F3) as shown below. But pressing F3 or Shift+F3 nothing happens and Spy++ shows no messages are being sent to the dialog when the keys are pressed. We have another small application which uses similar accelerators without any problem but that is on a mainframe window ...

how do i open a file in excel that is encrypted or read only
i am trying to open a file in excel but i am getting message file is read only or encrypted..clicking ok then says excel says cannot access file. Any ideas??? ...

Outlook and Zip Files As Attachments
Dear All I am really puzzled by Outlook when I am trying to attach some zip files. I usually attach files by using the command button provided by Outlook to browse and attach the required file... The problem here is that I am not able to find zip files in Outlook's dialog box and because I cannot find them, I cannot attach them... But the strange thing is that sometimes, I have no problems at all... I am able to see the zip files and attach them... Does anyone have such experiences before...? If yes, how did you resolve the problem...? cheers When you are looking in the dial...

how to write data to file
I wonder if anyone knows a simple way to write a selection of fields from a single record out to a local file on the server. I then need to automate this in a simple way. click a button or workflow process. Thanks this is a job for the SDK..pretty simple but requires coding ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "DMcL" <DMcL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3542CF5-1340-4167-9566-047B5AFDE409@microsoft.com... >I wonder if anyone knows a simple way to write a selection of fields from a > single...

Files Used when Deleting Item from Site
Does anyone know what files Great Plains looks at when you are deleting a site in Inventory? KB850294 tells me how to do it. I have an item which shows a Quantity On Hand for that item at that site of zero. When I attempt to delete the assigned site for that item, I get the message, "You can't delete an item if quantities are assigned to it." I had to use SQL to get the Quantity On Hand to zero by modifiying IV10200 (IV_Purchase_Receipts) and IV00102 (IV_Item_MSTR_QTYS). I am now trying to figure out what is triggering that message. Thanks for you help. ...

Menu shortcuts assigned certain keyboard
Hi, I was sing excel yesterday and apparently I pressed a keyboard combination and what happens now is that whenever I press SHIFT 7, instead of getting "&", I get the menu shortcuts, where the little save disk becomes 1, the undo arrow becomes 2, etc. First of all, I would like to know how to undo this change that I made so I can write "&" again, and also, go back to the default keybord combination to perform the task of getting the menu shortcuts. Thanks. On May 6, 4:06=A0pm, wonka <wester...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I was sing excel yesterday and appare...

What is the best option vlookup is killing me
I have a workbook that has two work sheets. Sheet 1 has 3 columns Item Number, Quantity sold, Year. Sheet 2 has two columns Item Number and Quantity on hand. I need to add a fourth column to Sheet 1 that is the Quantity on hand if The Item numbers match on sheet 1 and 2 since not all Item numbers are present on Sheet 1. I have been trying to use vlookup to accomplish this but I am failing to get anything but an error. Is Vlookup the right function or is there a better way. Thanks Ken If your item numbers are not duplicated on sheet2: =SUMIF(Sheet2!A$1:A$100,A1,Sheet2!B$1:B$100) Where...

Radio/Option Buttons on a Form in Word
Hello, I am new at creating a form in Word. I created an application style form with radio/option buttons, however, when testing the form once I select one radio button in Section A, when I go to select a radio button in Section B, the first selection disappears. I am only able to have one radio button selected at a time. Is there a way to have mutiple radio buttons selected at one time? On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 10:51:01 -0800, Aj <Aj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I am new at creating a form in Word. I created an application style form >wit...