meeting room/resource schedule solution

I know within Outlook you can invite attendies to a meeting and any changes
to time and date made to the meeting will notify all attendies, but with
outlook it is vertually impossible to allow all users (several hundred) to
view the meeting room schedule unless their added with apporpiate
permissions to view the receptionist calender.

Is there another solution/product that will help.

I have seen Meeting Room Manager - by net simplicity which looks like it
does everything I want but would like to know if anyone else knows of other
to compare againts.

thank you.

0
Leon

Why is the receptionist calendar using the meeting room schedule rather than
the direct booking method?  That way, all you need to do is give reviewer
permissions on the meeting room calendar permissions and your problem is
solved.  See this page for more instructions:
http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/skedresource.htm#ol2000

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Leon asked:

| I know within Outlook you can invite attendies to a meeting and any
| changes to time and date made to the meeting will notify all
| attendies, but with outlook it is vertually impossible to allow all
| users (several hundred) to view the meeting room schedule unless
| their added with apporpiate permissions to view the receptionist
| calender.
|
| Is there another solution/product that will help.
|
| I have seen Meeting Room Manager - by net simplicity which looks like
| it does everything I want but would like to know if anyone else knows
| of other to compare againts.
|
| thank you.

0
MillyS (3228)
4/7/2005 5:20:14 AM
Sorry-meant author permissions.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Leon asked:

| I know within Outlook you can invite attendies to a meeting and any
| changes to time and date made to the meeting will notify all
| attendies, but with outlook it is vertually impossible to allow all
| users (several hundred) to view the meeting room schedule unless
| their added with apporpiate permissions to view the receptionist
| calender.
|
| Is there another solution/product that will help.
|
| I have seen Meeting Room Manager - by net simplicity which looks like
| it does everything I want but would like to know if anyone else knows
| of other to compare againts.
|
| thank you.

0
MillyS (3228)
4/7/2005 5:20:51 AM
Thank you Milly, much appreciated.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message
> Sorry-meant author permissions.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> After furious head scratching, Leon asked:
>
> | I know within Outlook you can invite attendies to a meeting and any
> | changes to time and date made to the meeting will notify all
> | attendies, but with outlook it is vertually impossible to allow all
> | users (several hundred) to view the meeting room schedule unless
> | their added with apporpiate permissions to view the receptionist
> | calender.
> |
> | Is there another solution/product that will help.
> |
> | I have seen Meeting Room Manager - by net simplicity which looks like
> | it does everything I want but would like to know if anyone else knows
> | of other to compare againts.
> |
> | thank you.

0
Leon

Scheduled payments that don't charge interest on the first payment
We are currently using Great Plains v. 8.00. We do not charge interest/finance charges during the first 30 days; as a result, we cannot produce an accurate amortization schedule since scheduled payments in Great Plains always apply interest to the first payment. We would like have the option of producing amortization schedules which do not begin to apply interest until the debt hits the 31-60 day timeframe. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

CRM Network Solutions
Hi, We are looking to install Microsoft CRM in a business that has two office locations. What would be the networking solutions for this? Does anyone have any network infrastructure examples? Thanks Hi, Are your two offices connected via a VPN? If so, since Microsoft CRM is a web based app, you can install it in one of your offices, and both offices can use internet explorer to access CRM. The actual server hardware will depend on how many users you'll want to serve. For example, in our corporation, most of our users are onsite. However, we do have some remote users,,,we have VPN c...

Match past check to scheduled payment
Example: I have scheduled transaction for and recently paid quarterly RE tax of $1000 on 4/16 - check # 123 but wasn't prompted " is this your scheduled payment" and couldn't chose, so accepted /entered the info into register. Scheduled payment still shows as being due on 4/30. Other than 'skip this transaction', is there a way to tell M2006 - this outstanding scheduled payment WAS paid ? If I choose the scheduled payment it shows me on bottom of popup - You did pay $1000 on 4/16, but then shows only option as paying the bill and choosing ATM debit - check numb...

One solution and one problem
I have come up with a solution that allows me to track cash in an account as well as to add cash-only accounts so that the new PM will show the whole net worth picture. I just add a new transaction with a security that has a fixed value of $1.00, and then I can adjust/edit the number of $1.00 shares in that transaction as the total value of the cash position changes. The symbol I use is SWVXX, which is a Shwab Value Davanatage Money Fund that always (no guarantees, but its been good so far) holds a $1.00/share price. Its not the right solution, but it works. I've been doing this for...

Share resource between projects with different std cost
Hi all, I'm a new member and I have a question for all. In my firm, I manage projects with Microsoft Project Professional 2003. I share resources between some projects with a resource pool but I need to assign a different std cost of the same resource to different projects. Is it possible? How could I do it? Thanks in advance, Matteo -- unomatteo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ unomatteo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/226927.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1342458.htm h...

Import free Big10 Schedules into Outlook and other calendars
One for each of the Big Ten teams..very easy to use and I provide updates as game times/TV coverage change during the course of the season www.bigtenrantandrave.com/Schedules.htm ...

MEET & DATE MORE LADIES EASILY (Proven) sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss 6078 [1/7]
ATTRACT WOMEN WITH PHEROMONES EASILY http://www.nymphosam.com SEXUALLY ATTRACT WOMEN INSTANLY WITH PHEROMONES Even the most impossible to get beautiful women become Possible dates, lovers and even wives with Pheromones Pheromones are nature's sexual scent, NOW in a cologne to attract women PHEROMONE SEX ATTRACTANT FOR MEN THE COLOGNE FOR THE Y2K MAN AVAILABLE IN THE U.S. AND PERFECTLY LEGAL ATTRACT WOMEN INSTANTLY with Nature's secret weapon.... PHEROMONES... It's invisible, odorless, and undetectable It's medical sciences and natures sexual ...

scheduled deposit #2
is there a way to schedule an automatic deposit on the 4th wednesday of every month? Still no. "mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0e3101c3fe0f$f85f8540$a601280a@phx.gbl... > is there a way to schedule an automatic deposit on the > 4th wednesday of every month? ...

Scheduling a reoccuring email?
Hi, Alright, I have been told by my users that I have done this in the past. I have absolutely no recollection of doing it or how it can be done. They want me to setup an email that automatically sends to a distribution list on the same day every week. It's a reminder for our on-call staff to perform a specific duty. I know how to delay an email but that is only a one shot deal and I think I have to have Outlook running for that to work. We are using Exchange 2005 as our email server. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Linn It probably wasn't a reocc...

Task Scheduler or VBA to simple copy periodically folders contents to external drive
I need to copy periodically all files (without any other data manipulation) from folders W, X, Y on Drive C to folder Z on Drive D. Any existing files would ge ovewritten without prompting. Is it more convenient to process this through Windows Task Scheduler or through VBA ? Help appreciated, J.P. If you need to work only with files, not subfolders, you can use code like the following: Sub AAA() Dim FromFolders As Variant Dim ToFolder As String Dim N As Long Dim FName As String FromFolders = Array("C:\Test", "C:\Test2") ToFo...

Connection Schedule #2
We have all of our store computers setup on connection schedules. One of them is not connecting automatically and we have request a data upload to get the information off the server. Does anyone know why it would not be connecting and how we can fix the problem? There are a lot of reasons that would cause a store connection to fail - Here is where I would start: 1) Is the connection schedule defined in HQ Mgr?: HQ Mgr> Admin> Stores> Locate/Highlight store> Properties> Connection Schedule - is schedule according to your connection map? 2) Make sure stores connections are...

You need more memory or system resources
I have outlook 2000 connected to exchange server 5.5. Whenever I right click on the Outlook icon and go to properties, I get the error message "you need more memory or system resources." I scoured the internet and the info I'm getting is that it has something to do with outlook express 5 and it's a mapi setting that should be unchecked. I have outlook express 6 installed and I don't see that option anywhere. I turn off and on my computer, I don't have any programs running on startup and the first thing I do is try to get into properties and it still gives me th...

Scheduled Duration as Hours
Hi The scheduled duration is reflected in minutes in CRM. When we extract reports on the time allocated to the completion of service activities all scheduled time is reflected in minutes. We would like to change this to hours. Is this possible in CRM? I have attempted to solve this by creating a custom attribute named 'Scheduled Duration (Hrs)'. I inserted Jscript on the OnSave event and my script was: crmForm.all.new_scheduleddurationhrs.DataValue = crmForm.all.scheduleddurationminutes.SelectedText / 60; I received an error stating: "Microsoft CRM was unable to save the...

Scheduling Integration for Integration Manager
Hi, Does anyone have any step by step procedure or documentation for scheduling integrations for Integration Manager? I hope there is a workable way for not so technical users to use so that I won't need to customize a functionality for this in Dynamics GP. They want to update their price list if possible using integration manager. However, they want it to be scheduled, like for example the manager will create the integrations today, then it will the update (integration), the end of next week without human intervention. Reason being is that updates/integration can run during ...

How to Create an Excel Macro to send a meeting request.
I want to try and setup a Macro to send meeting requests to my teams calendar. What we do is use it to book are equipment setups. Right now we copy and past the requests in to meeting request to an outlook calendar and send them to ourselfs. This way we see who is working on what. What i want to do is put basic information in to an excel form. The form is going to have the following. Who the request is for. Who is assigned to the request. The date and time needed. The date and time returnd. Type of equipment request. Ticket number from our call logging system. Where the equipment is ...

not recieving any meeting requests
A user just been migrated to exchange 2003 and she is setup to be the editor for teh calendar, but has not recieved any meeting requests. When she sends a request they recieve it, however she does not recieve any since the migration, is this a permissions issue with the other users? wanted to note that the user should be recieving an email of the invite, but is not. "tech_ftleavenworth" wrote: > A user just been migrated to exchange 2003 and she is setup to be the editor > for teh calendar, but has not recieved any meeting requests. When she sends > a request they...

outlook 2007 meeting requests
When sending a meeting the owner of the calendar does not get the option to respond to the meeting. The response request is checked in the options. Anyone else having this problem. Also, on another secretary computer the request is always sent twice to the calendar owner. If they delete the 2nd response the appointment or meeting is deleted from their calendar. ...

xml resource cleanup?
I have the following code: // code start string resultValue; XmlTextReader xtReader = new XmlTextReader(dataXml, XmlNodeType.Element, null); XPathDocument xpDoc = new XPathDocument(xtReader); XPathNodeIterator iterator = xpDoc.CreateNavigator().Select("//result"); while(iterator.MoveNext()) { resultValue = iterator.Current.Value; break; } return resultValue; // code end Is there something that I can do to help clean up any resources right away or do I just wait for the GC? Jiho Han wrote: > I have the following code: > > // code start > string resultValue; ...

Spam Solutions?
I am using Norton's Mail Security for Exchange with the Premium Spam add on installed to fight the enormous amount of Spam we recieve. Although it catches a lot of it, recently there has been a bunch of spam still making it thru. Are there any built in actions I can use to helpl combat the problem? I am using Exchange 2003 built into SBS 2003. Thanks for any help! In news:%23RO5CnT7GHA.4404@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, RGA <blahATblahDOTblah> typed: > I am using Norton's Mail Security for Exchange with the Premium Spam > add on installed to fight the enormous amount of Spa...

2008 R2 server, scheduled task issue
I have a scheduled task running xcopy. When I run XCOPY manually, it works and outputs data to a log file. the command is xcopy %fromCopy% %toCopy% /Q /E /I /M /Z /Y > xcopy.log When run under a scheduled task, with a local admin account, the log is not updated, although the xcopy works. Why does the log not update? The log file is in the same directory as xcopy. "Rossb2" <Rossb2@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:7E90646A-3214-4C96-A9BB-BAF5DDDA7C95@microsoft.com... > I have a scheduled task running xcopy. When I run XCOPY manual...

Unable to manage recurring outlook meeting as organizer
We have a couple of users who experience this problem seemingly randomly. When opening either an instance or the series of a recurring meeting the meeting organizer is presented with the options that a regular attendee gets, there is no way to cancel or update the meeting and send an update to attendees. The organizer field on the meeting still shows the correct name. Clients are all Outlook 2007 SP2, Exchange is 2007 (v 8.1 240.6) I've tried opening the meeting from various clients, even tried in outlook 2003 with no change. Something changes on the server side. ...

How do I show number of records that meet criteria filter
I have a large spreadsheet containing several hundred rows of data. I want to filter the list and I want to be able to show the number of records that match the filter criteria. For example, un-filtered the total number of records in the list is displayed and, when filtered, the number of records in the list that match the criteria is displayed. Can onyone help me please? Kind regards, Cliff Cliff, Here is a little function that returns the count, and works from VBA. Just pass the header cell to the function Function FilteredListCount(rng As Range) Dim iLastrow As Long Dim rngTemp ...

Get filename property bitmap from resource
Hi, I want to get the filename property associated to a bitmap ID (ex: IDB_IMAGE) from the resource. It is probably very simple but I do not find how. Does somebody knows how? Thanks Dominique If I've understood correctly, if the .rc file contained the declaration IDB_IMAGE ICON "...some path here..." you would like to retrieve the "some path here" information from the resource segment. If this is correct, then I have to disappoint you; it is not possible; this information is not stored in the resource segment. joe On 21 Mar 2007 07:18:25 -0700, dom_perro...

Help with a solution
I need to create a database that would list road names. Each road is then associated with a map or maps (if the road is long, the street could span a few maps) The maps are stored as pdf's on a server. What I would like is for the road name to be selected from a search screen and the list of maps associated with that street to be made available so the user can click the map name or a button to open the corresponding pdf. I have tried to use the DocMgr database by Arvin Meyer, I sucessfully loaded in the maps to the table but in terms of streets with mor ethan one map, I...

Looking for an e-commerce / e-store solution interfacing w/ CRM (& GP if possible)
We are a software company (and MS certified partner) which is in the process of implementing Dynamics CRM for our own use. We need to find an e-store package which will interface with Dynamics CRM. The shopping cart requirements are trivial, and credit card processing is very standard. The most important thing for us is that when a customer registers at the e-store to download a demo, their account information should appear in CRM as a lead with an opportunity. It would be a big plus if the invoicing info could be passed on to Great Plains, as well. We willing to do customization ...