MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or wrong version. Reinstall does not fix!

Outlook installed as part of Office Pro 2003 but gives repetitive message
when reinstall of Outlook is accomplished as recommended by error message.
The message says MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or wrong version.  It says to
reinstall Microsoft Outlook to correct problem.  Search reveals 3 files
mapi32.dll, MAPI32.DLL and MSMAPI32.DLL.  Would deleting any of these files
help the problem?  Thanks for any suggestions.
0
ABDA (1)

Rename them, don't delete.  By the way, you didn't mention what operating
system you are using... so the best I can say is that Outlook 2003 uses the
MAPI32.DLL @ \Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<LANGID> (this one
ships with office/outlook).  You should also have a mapi32.dll in the
\windows\system32 directory (this one ships with the OS).

Outside of that, if you are downgrading from Office/Outlook 2007, the only
two things you have to do is rename/delete the mapi32.dll at \Program
Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<LANGID> and create a new mail profile via
the mail applet in the control panel. (don't copy your existing mail
profile, create new and delete the old one).

"Ronald C. Kuebler, CCC-SLP, ABDA" <Ronald C. Kuebler, CCC-SLP,
ABDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Outlook installed as part of Office Pro 2003 but gives repetitive message
> when reinstall of Outlook is accomplished as recommended by error message.
> The message says MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or wrong version.  It says to
> reinstall Microsoft Outlook to correct problem.  Search reveals 3 files
> mapi32.dll, MAPI32.DLL and MSMAPI32.DLL.  Would deleting any of these
> files
> help the problem?  Thanks for any suggestions.

0
Neo (372)

AfxFreeLibrary DLL
Hallo. I am using Windows CE and I want to call AfxFreeLibrary from C# code. To do this I use DllImport but I need the name of the DLL containing AfxFreeLibrary function. Can anybody help me? Thank you very much, -- Ilaria ...

Fixed Assets Account Group Integration Manager
After a recent upgrade to GP 10, the Fixed Assets integration for general records created accounts using the same accounts for all items. After comparing IM 9.0 to IM 10.0, I noticed the account group ID field was no longer in Destination Mapping. I then found KB 971836 that mentions the account group ID field can no longer be mapped in IM and they recommend using the company setup or class ID setup to assign default account group IDs. Unfortunately for my client this is not a realistic mapping b/c their chart is structured to be specific to a location and our Asset classes are n...

calls to unmanaged dll to create a socket result in debug assertio
I have an unmanaged C++ dll which is an MFC shared DLL that has functions in it to initialize sockets and do other ethernet related things. I have built a managed C++ wrapper project which is also an MFC shared DLL, compiled with /clr that calls functions in the unmanaged dll. Then I have a C# project which instantiates a member of the wrapper class to access the unmanaged functions. One of the functions in the unmanaged dll creates a new CAsyncSocket, checks to see if AfxSocketInit is successful, and if so, calls Create to create a new socket. When I call this function through my wra...

possible to provide VB app access to VC++ 6 dll?
Hi, Thank you for stopping by. I have a number of dlls written for VC++ 6 and I have been asked to make them available to a VB app (perhaps in the form of a .def file). I would be very grateful to know what or how to go about doing this. Any pointers would be much appreciated - the possibility of PAID work after so long is certainly a good incentive - I am sure you understand. Please note that I am a VC++ programmer on version 6. I have yet to transition to .NET. Thanks Michael Thanks Eddie. Mike >-----Original Message----- >Most important, you have to set your function...

.PST file causes Outlook to freeze, but isn't corrupt
I have a .PST file of 1.2 GB. It is running in Outlook 2000 (CW) using POP/SMTP on a Windows 2000 machine. Whenever the .PST is opened, either as part of a profile when Outlook is started, or manually (e.g., to import the contents into another .PST or File-Open-Personal Folders File), Outlook freezes. No error message ever appears. I ran the SCANPST.EXE tool, which gave this report: "**Beginning NDB recovery **Attempting to open database **Attempting to validate header **Attempting to validate AMap **Attempting to validate BBT **Attempting to validate NBT **Attempting to ...

Excel version compatibility problem?
6 people are sharing a single Excel spreadsheet over the network. Unti recently this was not giving any problems at all. Some of them use XP Pro computers with newer versions of MS Offic (2000, 2003) and some use older W98 computers with MS Office 97. The spreadsheet is quite complex, with many named cells, lookups, lon nested formulae with if statements, etc. However, there are n user-defined macros and the structure of the sheet has not changed muc recently. But, recently, they have had trouble with error messages claiming tha macros will not run, then Excel "loses" the curren...

Corrupted "deleted Item" folder in microsoft outlook 2000
Hi all, I have this spam mail in my deleted item folder which i am not able to delete it away. When i tried to delete it, open it, move it to other folder etc ... outlook 2000 will have an error and will close down and i have to restart it. I tried lots of methods suggested by some nice people in here but stil it doesnt work. Is there any way or how can i have a whole new "deleted item" folder without losing my other folders and emails as well ?? Pls help.... thanksss Yes, per personal experience. Make a new PST, even customize the name of it for yourself. Make it the def...

Fixed Decimals in Excel 2007
Hi, I have a large spreadsheet with a column of numbers that need to be changed to currency. I do not need to add zeros, rather I need to add a decimal to the middle of the number. For example: Current Number --> Needs to Be 6640 --> 66.40 1428 --> 14.28 1309 --> 13.09 I have tried checking the "fixed decimal" option which adds a decimal to new entries, but does not change data that is already entered. I have tried copying and pasting the column and converting the column to text and importing it into a new spreadsheet, but Excel still recognizes it a...

why a fixed number of rows?
A related question to another post: Why does a worksheet have a fixed number of rows (and columns)? 1. Why can't it be dynamically sized? In Word, I start off with 1 page, and if I keep adding lines, it just automatically gives me more room. Why not the same for Excel? 2. If there is a good reason for not being dynamically sized, then at least they could pretend that it is dynamically sized. What I mean by this is that internally, it uses fixed rows and columns. But the GUI only shows the used range. It is just designed that way so you can see the whole thing. The rows that aren'...

changing version suffix in OE
I have several computers in my office all running XP with outlook express version 6. Some of the machines have trouble getting some emails. These machines have OE v6.00.2900.2180. The rest of the machines, which have no problems at all, are v6.00.2900.5512. Any idea how I go about bringing the problem units up to the same version as the good ones. You run MS Update, not that OE is supported on this Outlook group "socomrod" <socomrod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:820AC107-2001-4D17-A2E1-EAC96367EDCD@microsoft.com... > I have several com...

Version Dynamics GP Professional
I am trying to figure out what service pack Microsoft Dynamics GP Professional 9.00.0294 is from? We want to upgrade to match our customer. The language country is English-canada Version Information: Microsoft Dynamics GP Professional 9.00.0294 Dexterity: 9.00.0073.0 SmartList: 9.00.0276 Database: SQL Server System Windows xp Here is the link for all the builds of GP. If you scroll about halfway down, you will see the download for version 9.00.0294: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/servicepacks/MicrosoftDynamicsGP90_MSPReleases.htm As far as what Service Pac...

determining which version a file was created in
Hi, My co-worker's laptop has some publisher files that look like they were created in publisher 98 - (i think that's the icon I'm seeing). When I try to open them, Publisher 98 says it can't open that version. Is there a way to tell what version they were created in without being able to open them?! Thanks! Dana <Dana@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > My co-worker's laptop has some publisher files that look like they > were created in publisher 98 - (i think that's the icon I'm seeing). > When I try to open them, Pub...

GP Version 10
How do I get rid of this? I have marked the task completed. I have deleted the task. Yet, everytime I log in - I get the same reminder popping up. Wouldn't you just like to meet the part of the Microsoft brain trust that thought this one was a good idea? Anyway, I found an article in the knowledgebase that has some SQL scripts that are supposed to remove this piece of crap from your system - sort of... From the description, I suspect that every new user will incur the CEIP garbage until you remove it from them. Log into Customersource, navigate to the knowledgebase and search for CEIP...

Wrong time on incoming mail messages
Hi. I'm working in Outlook Express 6, and even though the clock on my computer is correct, the times listed for received messages is wrong. Any idea how to change this? Thanks. By How Much are they wrong! Do they have the correct date? -- Regards, Pat Garard Australia Anne & Pat Garard. apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau _______________________________________________ Yes, the date is right, but they're off by about an hour. What I can't figure out is that I thought it went by my computer clock, which is right! Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >By How Much are t...

eseutil cannot fix after dirty shutdown..
I have tried a reparing to link the log file sto the databases but I keep getting "file locked or in use" errors. Shutting down all echange services doe not help. Currently exhange cannot mount and I am down.. Any suggestions?? Thanks have you tried setting the Exchange services all to "manual" and then rebooting? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "ColinG" <ColinG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB1BC290-424B-473D-994C-82692366ED49@microsoft.com... > I have tried a reparing to link the log file sto the databases but I keep > getting &quo...

Determining MFC version
How can I determine what version of MFC the app is being compiled under? I have some code that needs to be one way for legacy and another for VS2005. I have a simple #ifdef right now but I know there must be a way to do it without having to define this in the preprocessor directives. Thanks Eric > How can I determine what version of MFC the app is being compiled under? I > have some code that needs to be one way for legacy and another for VS2005. > I have a simple #ifdef right now but I know there must be a way to do it > without having to define this in the preprocess...

One Field Returns Wrong Information
I have a query using multiple tables and multiple primay keys that is returning the wrong information for one field that is not part of a multiple primary key. I have set relationships between the tables and joins are in place in the query. Can someone please advise what might be causing the problem? On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 17:44:01 -0800, ridgerunner <ridgerunner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a query using multiple tables and multiple primay keys that is >returning the wrong information for one field that is not part of a multiple >primary key. I have set rela...

Outlook version of CRM is showing inactive account as well when searching....
Hi there, We have a client who has an issue where when you are in Outlook version of Microsoft CRM and do a search on account, inactive accounts come up as well. But this doesn't happen on web version of MSCRM, web version of CRM only list active accounts when searching. Has anybody come across this before? Regards, Kyaw Hi Kyaw, Are they offline or online? If Offline, what happens when they go Online? And then back Offline? Stephen "Kyaw" <no@spam.net> wrote in message news:%23ePPJ4YqEHA.3876@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi there, > > We have a client ...

Corrupt file #4
Need to know if there is any software or way to recover a coruppted file.I am in excel 2002 version and it tries to recover the file but does a poor job HELP!!!! thnx a bunch, Danny try this out: (I have only seen it recommended, but have thankfully not needed to try it out yet) http://www.openoffice.org HTH >-----Original Message----- >Need to know if there is any software or way to recover a >coruppted file.I am in excel 2002 version and it tries to >recover the file but does a poor job HELP!!!! > >thnx a bunch, >Danny >. > How poor is 'poor' - Wh...

resize a fixed dialog
I am trying to figure out how I can resize a fixed dialog running in another process. I have set a WH_CBT hook and added the WS_THICKFRAME style upon creation. This achieves the affect of having a sizeable window border (sizing handle on lower right corner; cursor changes to sizing cursors when hovering over border). But I cannot actually resize the border. What I am not sure about is how I can monitor for the sizing-related messages. In Spy++, there are absolutely no sizing-related messages being posted. I happened to find a freeware utility called, ResizeEnable, that manages to ...

Win32 DLL with C#
- Is it possible to create a Win32 DLL using C#? - Are there any tools for converting C# DLLs (managed or Interop) into Win32 DLLs? Thanks for any insights. Hi, > - Is it possible to create a Win32 DLL using C#? No > - Are there any tools for converting C# DLLs (managed or Interop) into > Win32 > DLLs? Don't know but unlikely as the programming model is quite different. In both cases I assume you meant a Win32 DLL with exported functions. Also you may want to be a bit more specific about what you are trying to do. In particular you could expose .NE...

MSDART.DLL error message in Outlook 2003
Howdy, I'm getting the error message "The procedure entry point GetTextExentPointIX could not be located in the dynamic link Library MSDART.DLL" every time I load Outlook 2003. I get this message a total of six times. I updated to the latest MDAC (2.8) but to no avail. Any help in fixing this would be much appreciated. Thank you. Cheers, Rich Well I solved my own problem and the error message is gone but I'm not sure what happened. When the error message first showed up I did a search for msdart.dll on my computer and only one showed up in \windows\system32 (size and date...

Keeping the exponent at a fix value in Excel #2
Hi When formatting in Scientific, how can you keep the exponent constant and allow the decimal point to move? For example If I have: 6.647E-03 1.741E-02 8.378E-02 How do I ensure that Excel keeps the E to E-3 and adjust the decimal point? Cheers WayneL I don;t think you can as Scientific only allows decimal places to show. Could you perhaps make this a number column and have it display the required number of dp's? "WAYNEL" wrote: > Hi > > When formatting in Scientific, how can you keep the exponent constant > and allow the decimal point to move? > For ...

Accounts Corrupt
I have two accounts with 100+ contacts. The Activities, History, Opportunities, Quotes, Orders, Invoices, Cases, and Contracts links are all generating excpetion errors when accessed. I tried merging the records with new ones. The new records exhibited the same problems, while the old records' are free of error. Is there a limit to the number of records that can be associated with an account? ...

Reinstalling Exchange 2000 on new server after disaster
HI folks Situation is as follows: A BDC running windows 2k server recently died on me, despite advice from me, there was no backup exchange server. Today I successfully ran ntdsutil and got rid of the old server from active directory, named the new one after it, did dcpromo and it worked well I understand I can run with the /disasterrecovery switch but truth be told there isn't a working backup of the old server and anyway, the hardware is totally different. The one working backup I have is from last January and I am very reluctant to go into DSRM to restore system state or system vol...