Manage Calendar

Is it possible to manage somebody else's calendar?  My boss wants his
assistant to be able to manage his calendar from her desk.  Is this
possible?  He wants her to have reminders pop up on her computer.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jasper

0
jrecto99 (56)

The easiest way I know is to have your boss's assistant set up as his
Delegate. Then she can manage his calandar as if it were her own.

marx404

0
marx404
4/2/2004 1:46:43 PM
Does that give her access to everything in his mailbox also?

Thanks,
Jasper

"marx404" <404@404.com> wrote in message
> The easiest way I know is to have your boss's assistant set up as his
> Delegate. Then she can manage his calandar as if it were her own.
>
> marx404

0
jrecto99 (56)

User removed Anonymous permission from Calendar...how to get it back
A user has deleted the Anonymous permissions from their calendar and I am unable to find a way to get it back. Does anyone know what can be done to add this back to their calendar. TIA In news:Xns9861A9314BAB8bobarcabca@207.46.248.16, Fuzzy Logic <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> typed: > A user has deleted the Anonymous permissions from their calendar and > I am unable to find a way to get it back. Does anyone know what can > be done to add this back to their calendar. TIA In that user's Outlook, right-click on Calendar, properties, permissions tab. Add Anonymous, and do whate...

calendars
can i put a button on my toolbar so that i can access my calendar instantaneously? i have been having to minimize my screen to get to my calendar icon on the desktop' You can create a shortcut for this; outlook:calendar Replace calendar with the name of the folder you want to open. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "marcy l. pitts" <marcy l. pitts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71F4D81E-9C92-41...

Managed User #2
Testing to see if this setup allows me to be properly identified as a managed user. ...

publishing customizations using deployment manager
When I publich customizations, it comes back saying publish completed with errors, servername: failed. I notice that when I publish the customizations, my web site stops. I have to manually start it and then I can go into CRM and my changes are there. This is what I get in app log: ProcessImportWorkItem Error : The root element is missing. , StackTrace : at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserve...

RMA ( Credit) Missing Line Items

how do i create a custom calendar in excel?
I wish to create a customised calendar in excel showing only school working days to assist in timelining activities on various checklists that have to be done in term time only. Any help? ...

calendar issues with column headings
I have users that display multipe calendars at once. We are using OL 2003 with Exchange server 2003. When they have 5 or more calendars open, the column heading gets truncated. This is not a problem except that the column header is being center justified instead of left justified. When this happens, the name of the calendar becomes unreadable due to the names being similar in the middle of the calendar name. I found a setting in the views to change this for email column headers, but not for calendars. In OL2007, the calendar column heading is left justified. Is there an easy way ...

Outlook 2002: can't add new contacts, or new calendar entries
Hi; I've been struggling to get Outlook 2002 to add new contacts. They are created, but the name won't appear. Also when I try to add an event to the calendar, nothing appears. I have had these problems since Outlook 2000, which was the main reason I upgraded to Office XP Pro. But it hasn't solved the problem. I also find I can't get the auto archive to work properly, it often stops. I can't manually drag/move older emails to the archive folders, only newer ones. I've run the SCANPST program a few times, no errors. I've been trying to reduce the siz...

Tasks & Calendar is same view?
Is it possible to view your tasks and calendar at the same time? I would like to view a 1-week period calendar view and my tasks at the same time... this way, I can drag and drop tasks to their appropriate slots on the calendar. Help. Thanks. Joe wrote: > Is it possible to view your tasks and calendar at the > same time? I would like to view a 1-week period calendar > view and my tasks at the same time... this way, I can > drag and drop tasks to their appropriate slots on the > calendar. Help. Thanks. In Outlook 2003 atleast you can open two windows at one time - in ...

include busy/free time from "other" (i.e. ics) calendars
Please see the following thread. Is this possible? Could it be added as a future enhancement request? https://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring&mid=d5f088c7-77a7-48c5-8a9b-a1955f90aacc&sloc=en-us ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

calendar unexpected error
I am having a problem with the calendars in CRM 3.0 Whenever i try to open the calendars (service/workplace) it gives me: "Error, unexpected error!" I can however shedule appointments, which also are saved in my outlook calendar. Allthough on saving the appointment i get the message: "General failure in scheduling engine" The appointment is still saved in my outlook calendar though. Any suggestions? What version of ASP.Net are you using on the CRM Web Site? I had the same problem and another issue with the reports that went away when I changed the ASP.Net version fr...

Public Calendar Attachments in OWA
In OWA my clients can add attachments to their personal calendar, but they cannot add attachments to the public calendar. This is only in OWA. Any suggestions on what I might need to change? ...

Sharing Calendar with personal dist list
I have been asked to find a way for people to share their calendars with personal distributions lists. Is this possible? Thanks! Wes If you in an Exchange environment and are talking about Exchange distribution lists; yes, you can. Just like you normally set permissions. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "stahlerw" <stahlerw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:258B3114-9ADE-4B8E-8184-7BE8FC09EDA8@microso...

Booked resources in calendar not showing booked
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5966F.A3C77020 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having issues with the calendar in Outlook/Office 2003 I will book a room as a resource and it is accepted. If I look back at = the resource it is not showing booked for that period time causing = double bookings. Anyone have any ideas? --=20 JONATHAN HESKETH ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5966F.A3C77020 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-print...

can't receive calendar invites properly
A company that I do some work for occasionally sends me calendar items. When I receive them at home on outlook 2000, they do not come in as calendar items. They appear more like a text message. Is there some kind of setting I need to change in order to accept their calendar items and have them go onto my calendar at home? They are using outlook 2000 and they run exchange 2003. I'm on outlook 2000 at home. No exchange server. jgross@quonix.net <jgross@quonix.net> wrote: > A company that I do some work for occasionally sends me calendar > items. When I receive them at ho...

Error when starting up Deployment Manager
When we start up the Deployment manager we get "The selected snap-in did not initialize properly". I know when we first installed the deployment manager came up fine. But shortly after we started getting that message. Your post to that questions was -"Are you logging in with Admin authority". And the answer is yes, I am logging in with Domain Administrator authority. I did notice that originally when we installed the application there was a DOS window that was open when Deployment manager was open, but that is no longer opened, when that software is started. Yes, I am ge...

Lotus Notes Calendar Synchronization with Outlook Calendar
Hello All! Does anyone have any recommendations for software that will allow a user that has both a Lotus Notes Calendar and Outlook Calendar to synchronize? I am researching a solution that may allow a consultant to have their calendar information available for other Exchange users without configuring the Exchange Server to talk directly to a Notes server. Thanks in advance, Dave I have not herd of any software that does this. "Dave" <someone@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zroGc.164$fVC.28@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > Hello All! > > Does any...

Test managed user
Testing again to see if my set up is correct to identify me as managed user. ------=_NextPart_0001_26B25925 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, This email came in under Open- Managed User. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks, Dana Dunlop Microsoft Online Support Engineer ====================================================== PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with break/fix issues and simple how to questions. We also love to hear your product feedback! Let us know what you think by posting ...

Apply Multicurrency Invoices in Bank Management
I oppened a ticket to know why I cant apply Multicurrency Invoices to payment transactions in Bank Managment as it is available in Payable Management. I've been suggested to post a suggestion for that. Simply, while doing a payment in Bank Management. If the Chequebook Currency is diffrenet than the invoices currencies that you are paying againist, then you can't apply these invoices. Thus, you cant see them in the remittance advice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestio...

Mailbox Manager
I tried posting this to a different group and got nothing back... I've got a single server, single storage group Exchange 2003. I have 4 Recipient Policies: Pri 1: main domain Pri 2: other domains Pri 3: Mailbox Cleanup Lowest: Default Policy The priority 3 policy (Mailbox Cleanup) is the only one that has Mailbox Manager Settings. I have constructed a query as follows: Find: "Exchange Recipients" General Tab: Show these recipients: "Users with Exchange mailbox" Storage Tab: "Mailboxes on any server" Advanced Tab: Condition List: "Member Of Is no ...

In Excel 2002 there was an addin 'Financial Management'
Does anyone know where it is in 2003 ? I didn't look, but there are tons of free templates at: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx Maybe that's where you got it for xl2002?????? (Or maybe a search of Google would be in order.) Alans wrote: > > Does anyone know where it is in 2003 ? -- Dave Peterson Thanks Had trawled those with no success Will go round again Cheers Alan "Dave Peterson" wrote: > I didn't look, but there are tons of free templates at: > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx > > Maybe that's where you g...

public folder calendar returns all when using find
We have SBS2003 with exchange setup and functioning fine. All clients using Outlook 2003. We have setup a public calendar for inspections appointments which has been working fine. However one user now finds that when she uses the find feature on this calendar in outlook she is always returned all entries and not restricted to the scope of the find argument. The find feature works on all other public and personnel folders that she has. No other user has a problem. We have also tested on other pcs with her account and happens regardless of which machine is used. Have tried changing the permissi...

Activate Mailbox Calendars without logging on as user?
Hi Exchange experts, I have created a test site with an OU of 20 users with Exchange 2003 mailboxes. I would like to use PFDAVAdmin to grant everyone read only permissions to the calendars and grant publishing editor (or equivalent) permissions on the calendars so I can populate the users with test appointments. I understood that PFDAVAdmin synchronizes free/busy info at the same time as it assigns permissions. However, I am having two problems that I would appreciate you advice on : a) I cannot seem to access the mailbox calendar properties in PFDAVAdmin until I try to access them ...

Update Deductions and Benefits with Integration Manager
Is it possible to update deductions and benefits with Integration Manager? I tried to write an integration for this but it is trying to Insert the employee id as a new employee. Thanks in advance! ...

American Public University System: Finance Applications Manager Ne
American Public University Finance Application Manager- MS Dynamics Great Plains American Public University System, located in Charles Town, West Virginia, is seeking a qualified Applications Manager with expert knowledge of MS Dynamics Great Plains software. Responsibilities for the position include identification of upgrades and enhancements, development of business requirements and test cases, and maintenance of technical and process configuration for A/R, A/P, and G/L. Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years experience in Informatio...